• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelaitons Unveiled Edition |OT| "Me and my sweet ass are on the way!"

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Raid Mode gives you pretty much the entire campaign, plus one HUGE ghost ship level that combines the stages together. It's the real game...not the story mode.

L.O.R.D

lady hunk DLC ?
l_519a1ab19b293.jpg

l_519a1aafa5eb4.jpg

l_519a1ab02b5b4.jpg

l_519a1ab0472ff.jpg

l_519a1ab086a97.jpg

l_519a1ab00ecae.jpg

l_519a1aafe370c.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/21033548.html

it will be 2.99 $ for the PC
240 mp for xbox 360
300 yen (3 $) for PS3 and wiiU

it will released in 6/11
RAIDコスチューム“感染レイチェル”(6月11日配信予定)

nice leg BTW

one part of the story i hated was
that one part with all the hunters attacking you in the arctic base, was so hard and frustrating, i will struggle again

hyped though :D wii u time

Just installing my copy now :) here is to hoping I enjoy this :)

Please please please be good!!!!!!

Going to have to run with story mode first

Good week this week, fast and furious 6, resident evil, Xbox unveil and hangover 3 then next week off to the Caribbean :)

Miker

If this was $30 at launch I'd be all over it :( But as it is, I guess I'll wait for a sale on RE6 instead (on Steam).

AdamMPSP

Got this on Amazon for $40 on Wii U. Should show up tomorrow. Haven't enjoyed any Resident Evil game besides 4. Hoping this one wins me over. Either way, excited to have another game on Wii U.

dreamfall

Welp, picked it up for $30 at GMG (25% & some credit). Double dipping feels good, I loved it on the 3DS. I thought I could hold out, but the lowered price was too tempting!

Jawmuncher

Wow hunkette has to be the laziest design I've ever seen. Basically get rid of the pants. Could have done so much more with the design.

Gamers will be able to further their Resident Evil Revelations experience with the release of game add-on content.

Weapon upgrades for each of the playable characters will be available to purchase in two separate packs – ‘Resistance Set’ and ‘Enhancement Set.’ Each pack will contain six upgrades that can be purchased for 160 Microsoft Points or $1.99 / €1.99 beginning on June 4.

Beginning June 11 two additional characters will be available for players’ use in Raid Mode- ‘Rachael Ooze,’ the infected mutation of the mysterious blonde; and a female version of series favorite Hunk, known only as ‘Lady Hunk.’ Each character can be purchased for 240 Microsoft Points or $2.99 / €2.99 and will complement a full roster of existing Raid Mode characters.

Finally, weapon upgrades for Jill Valentine, Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat will be available from June 18 and priced individually at 80 Microsoft Points or $0.99/€0.99.

http://www.egmnow.com/antdagamer/resident-evil-revelations-launch-dlc-details-trailer-and-images/

jediyoshi

Man, Lady Hunk actually sounds more ridiculous than Hunkette

They should've went crazier with the DLC and just swapped characters between 6 and Revelaitons. Some Jill in RE6 mercs would've been ham

Alpha_eX

The dead zones on the Wii U make this unplayable, have to move half way before the cursor starts moving at any speed.

Are the dead zones a software thing or does the Wii U hardware have really poor deadzones?

One thing I'm unclear on, is Infernal mode a replacement for hell mode? They talked about it as being new but it seems to have the same things that hell did (differing enemy placement, items, etc)

Does it have to be unlocked like hell mode, is it a separate thing?

Edit: And I decided to get the PSN version. Does anyone know the file size? Or has anyone messed around with the disc and knows the size of it?

Anteo

One thing I'm unclear on, is Infernal mode a replacement for hell mode? They talked about it as being new but it seems to have the same things that hell did (differing enemy placement, items, etc)

Does it have to be unlocked like hell mode, is it a separate thing?

Edit: And I decided to get the PSN version. Does anyone know the file size? Or has anyone messed around with the disc and knows the size of it?

Hell mode didn't have any of this things in the main 3ds game. It's only like that in the 3ds Demo.

Hell mode didn't have any of this things in the main 3ds game. It's only like that in the 3ds Demo.

For real? That's interesting, I never played hell mode outside of the demo given I spent most of my time in raid mode after beating the game. How weird.

I don't think I'll start playing until the mouse aiming is fixed. In its current state, it's quite frustrating as you're not exactly in full control. Trying to aim for the head? Good luck...sticky aim back to the chest! lol. Still, going through an old school style Resident Evil should be fun.

Clockwork5

The 3ds version has been sitting in my backlog for at least a month. Gonna have to join the party with the console players!

Truant

Questions!

Does the game take place (mainly) in one location? Is there a good sense of place like the first RE games, Silent Hill etc?

Do you play (mainly) as one character? Do I get to accumulate ammo/weapons/gear over the course of the game at my own leisure?

Are the puzzles?

Is the game more like RE5/6, 4, or 1-2? I've tried the demo, but it was hella short.

Questions!

Does the game take place (mainly) in one location? Is there a good sense of place like the first RE games, Silent Hill etc?

Do you play (mainly) as one character? Do I get to accumulate ammo/weapons/gear over the course of the game at my own leisure?

Are the puzzles?

Is the game more like RE5/6, 4, or 1-2? I've tried the demo, but it was hella short.

Mainly in one location yes. The games episodes do have parts that skips around to some other areas with other characters. Sometimes in the past, sometimes around the same time.

As for a good sense of place. Yes I think the ship design and the different areas is great.
They're are a few puzzles. Nothing majorly hard. The game felt like a a mix between RE4 and REmake for me personally. Weapons and gear you do collect and can upgrade via attachments and ammo pouches you find.

NEO0MJ

Questions!

Yeah, most of it takes place in the shape, though some parts of the story take place elsewhere.

You cycle between a few characters, but I say about %70 is as Jill.

Are the puzzles?

Yeah, but they're mostly like the puzzles in 4.

Felt mostly like 4 with a few sprinkles of 2.

Yuripaw

Banned
I honestly can't decide if I should get this anymore or not. I had a copy preordered and paid off at gamestop, but recently I stumbled upon a 3DS copy of this game for $10 at Target on clearance. I bought the 3DS copy, but haven't played it yet. I can't decide if I should still get my Wii U version tomorrow, or just play the 3DS version I have now. I would prefer playing the HD version, but I could use the money for another game I don't already own.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
It'll never make the tier 3 reward. Just get it from GMG, save 12 bucks and use that to buy any DLC you might want for Raid mode (as listed above) in June.

Anyone with an early 360 copy know how the online population is for Raid?

Didn't really find any games but it's not out for the masses, I fully expect there to be a community. Especially after people beat the campaign since this is how you can unlock the levels.

Neiteio

Oh, so I can't just jump into Raid?
If it's like the 3DS game, you unlock a new batch of Raid levels approximately every three episodes cleared in Campaign. So for example, after completing Ep. 3, you unlock Raid levels 1-5. There are 12 episodes in Campaign and 20 levels in Raid (plus the 21st level, Ghost Ship, which is the entire ship with multiple paths to a true exit). And to unlock the higher difficulty settings in Raid, you must clear all of the levels on a given difficulty level first -- clear all stages on Chasm to unlock Trench, and clear all stages on Trench to unlock Abyss. The first difficulty doesn't become a cakewalk until you've leveled up a fair bit, though. Also, to 100% clear any given difficulty (denoted by your filename changing in color, or so it was on 3DS), you must get S-ranks in all 20 levels on that difficulty. S-ranks are achieved through a combination of damage taken, accuracy, and number of enemies cleared, I believe (with a "genocide" bonus given if you destroyed them all, including the hidden puffer-fish enemy). By the time you've S-ranked every level up through Abyss, your file name should be purple in color.

If it's like the 3DS game, you unlock a new batch of Raid levels approximately every three episodes cleared in Campaign. So for example, after completing Ep. 3, you unlock Raid levels 1-5. There are 12 episodes in Campaign and 20 levels in Raid (plus the 21st level, Ghost Ship, which is the entire ship with multiple paths to a true exit). And to unlock the higher difficulty settings in Raid, you must clear all of the levels on a given difficulty level first -- clear all stages on Chasm to unlock Trench, and clear all stages on Trench to unlock Abyss. The first difficulty doesn't become a cakewalk until you've leveled up a fair bit, though. Also, to 100% clear any given difficulty (denoted by your filename changing in color, or so it was on 3DS), you must get S-ranks in all 20 levels on that difficulty. S-ranks are achieved through a combination of damage taken, accuracy, and number of enemies cleared, I believe (with a "genocide" bonus given if you destroyed them all, including the hidden puffer-fish enemy). By the time you've S-ranked every level up through Abyss, your file name should be purple in color.

This seems par for the course on console versions as well.

Jawmuncher

If it's like the 3DS game, you unlock a new batch of Raid levels approximately every three episodes cleared in Campaign. So for example, after completing Ep. 3, you unlock Raid levels 1-5. There are 12 episodes in Campaign and 20 levels in Raid (plus the 21st level, Ghost Ship, which is the entire ship with multiple paths to a true exit). And to unlock the higher difficulty settings in Raid, you must clear all of the levels on a given difficulty level first -- clear all stages on Chasm to unlock Trench, and clear all stages on Trench to unlock Abyss. The first difficulty doesn't become a cakewalk until you've leveled up a fair bit, though. Also, to 100% clear any given difficulty (denoted by your filename changing in color, or so it was on 3DS), you must get S-ranks in all 20 levels on that difficulty. By the time you've S-ranked every level up through Abyss, your file name should be purple in color.

Still its kind of BS for the people who already spent all that time on the 3DS and want to jump back into raid. At least the PC version should have a save unlocker for raid (same thing I did for merc stages in RE6 PC)

Anyway think ill be grabbing this on Thursday hopefully. Buddy owes me some money so I might just grab the PS3 and 360 versions at the same time.

Never got a reply a few pages back... Is it safe to say I need to just buy the 3Ds version. HD versions are getting pretty crappy reviews/impressions. And even Joystiq's review said stick with the handheld version. They are usually pretty generous reviewing ports.

Gbraga

Still its kind of BS for the people who already spent all that time on the 3DS and want to jump back into raid. At least the PC version should have a save unlocker for raid (same thing I did for merc stages in RE6 PC)

Anyway think ill be grabbing this on Thursday hopefully. Buddy owes me some money so I might just grab the PS3 and 360 versions at the same time.

They should just give you the option for cross-platform cloud-saving with RE.net, that would be TITS

Top Bottom