• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Please no, if he survived that there is literally no way to make a satisfactory conclusion to his story ever.
Only way 5 could have wrapped him up any better is if Sheva wasn't shoehorned in and it was Chris and Jill together finishing him off.

The only thing I can see Capcom doing with a returned Wesker is have him a 1 one off villain for Chris, Leon, Ada & Jill to face.

though take the 4player crossover co-op from 6 and have Chris, Jill, Barry & Rebecca fighting him in an RE7 could get some excitement from me.

Ya know, that 4 player co-op from 6, I was hoping to try that out so badly, but no one was ever online late at night when my brother and I played, so the several times it allowed it, it was only us two :(

I guess Albert is coming back somehow, he is just popular and its not like there is another main villain to replace him,
whatever, at least should be foreshadowed,

Yay

Vamphuntr

The guys optimizing PC version are really incompetent. The part in the factory with
the flames and countdown
didn't run really smooth. When I check CPU usage it manages to max out some core at 100% usage for that part and it shouldn't be. My PC is much stronger than a PS4 and Xbox One too...

SeanTSC

Finished every possible thing in Ep 3. Now the long wait begins again. God I need episode 4 right now.

Everything S'd, everything collected, every record complete... oh, EXCEPT FOR THAT ONE GOD DAMNED RECORD THAT'S STILL GRAYED OUT. Fuck you Grayed Out Record, fuck you.

Jawmuncher

The guys optimizing PC version are really incompetent. The part in the factory with
the flames and countdown
didn't run really smooth. When I check CPU usage it manages to max out some core at 100% usage for that part and it shouldn't be. My PC is much stronger than a PS4 and Xbox One too...

A lot of epsiode 3 for me was all over the place.
Wonder if using the beta patch again will fix it.

Neiteio

Is Episode 4 out yet?

Capcom pls

Seizure.gif

Grisby

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I like the episode 3 ending.
It's always cool to see the main villain scared.
I'm really ashamed that I had to look up the solution for the first puzzle of episode 3. I have failed myself.
LFQXg.gif

I died the first time myself.

Right, I have a question. I noticed something that i'd consider to be a rather glaring issue I have with the plot in Claire's part of episode 3.

Spoilers.
So yeah, after Claire and Moira get out of the burning factory they all of a sudden think they have the element of surprise on their side but it's already been established that the overseer can hear them through their bracelets so why on earth would they think that? Am I right or am I missing something? Honestly, it doesn't bother me but it immediately jumped to my attention as it happened.

Jawmuncher

Right, I have a question. I noticed something that i'd consider to be a rather glaring issue I have with the plot in Claire's part of episode 3.

Spoilers.
So yeah, after Claire and Moira get out of the burning factory they all of a sudden think they have the element of surprise on their side but it's already been established that the overseer can hear them through their bracelets so why on earth would they think that? Am I right or am I missing something? Honestly, it doesn't bother me but it immediately jumped to my attention as it happened.

Watch it be something like
"How did she know we were coming?" "Did you forget? As long as you wear those braceletes, I know your every move!"
or something like that. We'll found out next week.

Shauni

Spoilers.

Hm

Was it established that she could hear them? I don't recall there being a two way conversation between the Overseer and anyone through the bracelets

Elija2

the flames and countdown

Man, the whole game runs choppy for me. I haven't even been able to play the game yet because it's so bad. I'm starting to doubt that they'll ever fix it.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Ugh, is there a good grinding method for this game yet?

If you have two controllers, play split screen with your main & whoever you want to level up. Any level where you can leave someone behind in safety works. Very Hard V-6 works well if you're that far along. There are diminishing returns, but at least you don't have to play the first couple of gauntlets again for the 50th time

Neiteio

Spoilers.
Yeah, I was also wondering about that. It also probably relays their vitals.

cvxfreak

Spoilers.

If only they just
whispered into each other's ears.
:p

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, I was also wondering about that. It also probably relays their vitals.

You know whats worse
Barry makes a comment about throwing his back out if he has to carry the battery all the way up the quarry. Yet Natalia can still carry around the giant battery with ease. Natalia "McBeeferson" Kordia.

Seyavesh

You know whats worse
Barry makes a comment about throwing his back out if he has to carry the battery all the way up the quarry. Yet Natalia can still carry around the giant battery with ease. Natalia "McBeeferson" Kordia.

on the other hand,
have you seen the power of her throwing arm? she is a god damn brick tossing champion! who even knows what kind of power she holds when she can just brick monsters to death

re: the claire plot hole
i don't think they actually learn in claire's campaign that they're being tracked by the bracelets- pedro's notes are there when barry is around but they don't seem to be available when claire is around which is pretty bizarre. it hasn't been brought up in her story through the dialogue or cutscenes at the very least. for all they know it's just a vitals monitor with a speaker on it

Jawmuncher

Puzzles that were unimpressive for Claire with a uninteresting area to boot
sewer
and a pretty lazy box effort for barry.
Story wise it all felt pretty weak. The cliff hanger wasn't even a big deal.
It was obvious neil was going to be bad. Though I'll admit the FBC connection was cool. However it's glossed over so quick and the romance subplot thrown on so haphazardly just makes it all feel kind of off. Moira getting the gun was the best part of it. Barry's side make the encounter at the end of Chapter 2 a joke with how it's resolved and until the end of his section it just feels like filler to get to the end of his chapter 3. the best part of the chapter being Barry's talk to natalia about his past with moira.

Guess I was just expecting more from it. Not a big deal though.
Still have enjoyed my time with it all around though.

I'm more excited for the story going forward having finally beat Episode 1, although I'm still far more interested in Co-op being available online for Raid mode more than anything.

foxdvd

Invisible mode episode 3 done. An amazing experience. I love getting these done quickly before any temptation to look up tips....

foxdvd

spoilers...just thoughts after finishing episode 3

Obviously there is more to Natalia than we know yet..especially with that ending...but to me little things also add to the fun...like Barry struggling to lug around a giant battery/generator and saying there is no way he could carry it very far, but if you use Natalia she walks around with the same battery that easily outweighs her...

Just a cool little thing...

Kriken

I'm really ashamed that I had to look up the solution for the first puzzle of episode 3. I have failed myself.

Is that the
light the path with Moira?
I figured it out by complete accident, lol

Also, that katana gif makes me want to grind more to get it myself

Why don't I have access to Raid mode's additional character
Redfield
? I have beaten episode 3 with both characters and the character still doesn't show in my character select screen. Is there a trick to unlocking this character beyond just buying the full game on Steam?

Also, are there any additional unlocks for game modes if you beat
Invisible and Time Attack
and what are the stipulations?

Jawmuncher

Why don't I have access to Raid mode's additional character
Redfield
? I have beaten episode 3 with both characters and the character still doesn't show in my character select screen. Is there a trick to unlocking this character beyond just buying the full game on Steam?

Also, are there any additional unlocks for game modes if you beat
Invisible and Time Attack
and what are the stipulations?

You'll need 20 or 30 medals to get him.

Bought Ep1 on XboxOne just to check it out as I already own the PS4 Season pass...

Yeah.... it um, feels nicer to play for some reason. Maybe its just my preference of the XB1's lack of any resistance analogs or something.
Maybe I'll pick up the physical version down the road.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Hm

Was it established that she could hear them? I don't recall there being a two way conversation between the Overseer and anyone through the bracelets

I think it was implied
she can hear 'em during the cutscene involving the crushing chopper
in episode 2.

The most burning question is why, after a mysterious troops crash into Terrasave's party, kidnap few of their agents, and when they received a distress call from one of the missing agents 6 months later, both Terrasave and BSAA didn't send anyone and Barry's heading there alone.

Grisby

You know whats worse
I thought that as well. Pretty funny.

SeanTSC

So, I'm buying the disk next week. If I have a PS4 and an Xbox One should I get it on Xbox One, then?

Seems like a pretty big difference.

Did they end up patching the performance on PS4 or anything?

They have not patched it yet. Fortunately, the worst of it is in episode one and just in a fairly small section. It really does need patched and fixed, but the majority of it through Episodes 1-3 is fine so far and it doesn't interrupt gameplay for most of the experience. So get it on which ever controller you prefer, imo.

Neiteio

I leveled up Cipher's katana skill and passed it onto Claire.

The right to effortlessly cut down Revenants... That right is now mine...

NINJA COWGIRL TIME

residentevilrevelatioc6syz.jpg

residentevilrevelatio8qsvy.jpg

residentevilrevelatiovns3x.jpg

Top Bottom