• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

Just unlocked Cipher. Is the katana really powerful when upgraded?
Yep. It stun-locks nearly every enemy. You know the Revenants, the ones where you have to expose their weakpoint? You can aimlessly hack and slash, and you'll hit the mark. :)

It's a passive skill, and replaces your knife. It has surprising range, too. You can attack everyone from beyond their reach (although you have to watch for enemies from behind).

Ralemont

not me
Anyone have tips for dodging? (Direction + O for PS3/4)

I can never get it to work and always get hit.

Enemy attacks usually have a vertical or horizontal component to them. So you dodge back if it's a horizontal strike and to the side if it's vertical.

Yep. It stun-locks nearly every enemy. You know the Revenants, the ones where you have to expose their weakpoint? You can aimlessly hack and slash, and you'll hit the mark. :)

It's a passive skill, and replaces your knife. It has surprising range, too. You can attack everyone from beyond their reach (although you have to watch for enemies from behind).
Sweet! Just have to grind it so Hunk can inherit it.

What exactly does inheriting a skill do in raid mode? I've mainly been playing as Moira and only briefly touched some of the other characters. Moira is up to level 54, and I think the second closest character I have is level 20...anyway, I saw the option to inherit a skill once it was maxed out, and I did it...but I'm not sure what exactly that did for me.

Neiteio

What exactly does inheriting a skill do in raid mode? I've mainly been playing as Moira and only briefly touched some of the other characters. Moira is up to level 54, and I think the second closest character I have is level 20...anyway, I saw the option to inherit a skill once it was maxed out, and I did it...but I'm not sure what exactly that did for me.
Each skill has a maximum level. Once you've leveled that skill up to the maximum level, you can choose to spend a bit more SP to "inherit" it. I think they could've worded this more clearly, since you're actually allowing -other- characters to inherit it.

So take Cipher and his katana skill. You level it up to the maximum level of 10. Then you have the option to invest an additional 55 SP to inherit it.

At that point, ANY character can acquire the katana skill. They have to invest a small amount of SP to obtain it, and then they can start using it right away.

It'll be back to lv. 1 for the new character, however.

Seyavesh

NINJA COWGIRL TIME
please stop posting sequences of 1080p pictures without quoting them to shrink them
thanks

The most burning question is why, after a mysterious troops crash into Terrasave's party, kidnap few of their agents, and when they received a distress call from one of the missing agents 6 months later, both Terrasave and BSAA didn't send anyone and Barry's heading there alone.

there's a really interesting aspect of barry's campaign that hasn't been answered yet: in a lot of his early dialogue he tends to state stuff that makes it sound like someone had been on the island before- he specifically mentions a briefing that already has info on the infected and the overseer.

i really wonder if that's going to get covered 'cuz who the hell else is left on the island?

So apparently they still use the Disney approach for cutscenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJPmEfaEpI

Just found that interesting.
this video is incredible and hilarious holy shit

Spoo

Man, if you use Magnum: BSAA + S.T.A.R.S + Elite Killer + Critical + Damage = Win. Throw in an electricity grenade and it's GG. <3 this game so much.

Seyavesh

I'm looking at them in Chrome and Internet Explorer on my PC, as well as on my phone (Galaxy S5), and they automatically resize...?
they don't seem to resize on firefox

They also did the same thing for RE5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWQVtk4CAuY
huh! i thought they didn't need to do this kinda stuff with RE5 since they had developed that 3d camera tech that cost a fuckton which allowed the cutscenes to have an actual director do the camerawork and stuff for them

Someone with the full copy just told me the ending. And I'm quite pissed about it.

Pissed about the ending or that they told you the ending?

The only thing I'm upset about
is Claire not confronting Alex
but otherwise I'm withholding full judgement until I see it myself. I've only seen the script so there's a visual element missing.

Sora_N

Enemy attacks usually have a vertical or horizontal component to them. So you dodge back if it's a horizontal strike and to the side if it's vertical.

Thanks, I guess I just need practice...

I'm really enjoying this RAID mode, I didn't like it on the first REV.

AdaWong

Pissed about the ending or that they told you the ending?

The only thing I'm upset about
is Claire not confronting Alex
but otherwise I'm withholding full judgement until I see it myself. I've only seen the script so there's a visual element missing.

Oh so you pretty much got the ending as well.

I'm just so pissed that
Claire literally has no relevancy whatsoever to the plot. Replace Claire with Gina or a generic ass character and nothing would change. Claire doesn't do shit, they just had her in this game as a way to justify her absence from RE6. She could have been doing something much more interesting instead, but nope.
The game is all about Barry's family and setting up the plot for the next installment.
It's safe to say this will be Barry's last playable appearance as he will be passing the corny character torch to Moira now.

ffs please don't do this wink wink nod nod shit for the damn ending too
i would like to continue reading this thread

ffs no one is doing any wink wink nod nod shit

Make an ending up for MGSV and tell them it. Revengeance.

You know what... XD

Sadly, them spoiling it for me was not the disappointing part.

Neiteio

AdaWong said:
To not spoil it, the ending will be awesome for someone.. but so shitty for the other.
Great, now I'm worried for all of the characters. :-\

On a side note, it's amazing how many puzzles they squeezed into Claire's Episode 3:

- Falling spike ceiling room where you retrieve the processing plant key
- The walk through the darkness to retrieve the glass eye
- Returning to the falling spike ceiling room to retrieve the artificial eye
- Splitting up Claire and Moira to survive the blade-trap room
- Moving and dropping meat to fill up the blood machine
- Splitting up Claire and Moira to turn off the fire traps
- Splitting up Claire and Moira to solve the four faces
- The four rows in the cemetery under the tower

There might be others, but what a great collection of brain teasers. :)

So apparently they still use the Disney approach for cutscenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJPmEfaEpI

Just found that interesting.

This is amazing.

rev1lzudz.gif

rev27luuv.gif

rev3zwuxw.gif

rev4qiutr.gif

Oh so you pretty much got the ending as well.

I'm just so pissed that
Claire literally has no relevancy whatsoever to the plot. Replace Claire with Gina or a generic ass character and nothing would change. Claire doesn't do shit, they just had her in this game as a way to justify her absence from RE6. She could have been doing something much more interesting instead, but nope.
The game is all about Barry's family and setting up the plot for the next installment.
It's safe to say this will be Barry's last playable appearance as he will be passing the corny character torch to Moira now.

Ending spoilers
Pretty much, it was great seeing her again and I enjoyed the ride but it's really Barry's game. Realistically you'd think Claire would have wanted to go back with Barry (but I mean it's not like she was really "in character" for the game lmao) and the only reason they couldn't do that is because then the "then"/"now" aspect couldn't have happened. It was six months later so surely she was recovered. I'm excited about the possibility that Alex is still alive and well within Natalia's body though.

AdaWong

Pretty much, it was great seeing her again and I enjoyed the ride but it's really Barry's game. Realistically you'd think Claire would have wanted to go back with Barry (but I mean it's not like she was really "in character" for the game lmao) and the only reason they couldn't do that is because then the "then"/"now" aspect couldn't have happened. It was six months later so surely she was recovered. I'm excited about the possibility that Alex is still alive and well within Natalia's body though.

Exactly!
But yeah, I wonder how that will turn out.. There's no way RE7's villain will be a little girl (even if mentally it's not really her anymore), some people were speculating that Alex (using Natalia's body) will be "reborn" as Alex (her real human form) using the C-Virus, but that seems a bit too far-fetched. On the bright side, the ending gave us something extremely interesting.

Exactly!
But yeah, I wonder how that will turn out.. There's no way RE7's villain will be a little girl (even if mentally it's not really her anymore), some people were speculating that Alex (using Natalia's body) will be "reborn" as Alex (her real human form) using the C-Virus, but that seems a bit too far-fetched. On the bright side, the ending gave us something extremely interesting.
Ending spoilers
resident evil 7 will probably take place in 2016/2017 depending on when it's released, she had to have been 8-10 in this game, two years later that's 10-12, RE6 takes place in 2013 so she could be around 16-18 in RE7[

Edit: apparently she was born in 2002 so I was way off. I would like to see them go there though lol

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I now know how you guys felt when I and others were talking about stuff ound in the date data in the files. Most of what was found has already been revealed in the game though, and I definitely do not want to know how this ends without experiencing it first-hand.

Kuraudo

Banned
ffs please don't do this wink wink nod nod shit for the damn ending too
i would like to continue reading this thread

Yeah, managed to guess
the Alex reveal
in episode 2 because of people doing this. Time to quit reading this thread until next wednesday.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
they don't seem to resize on firefox

huh! i thought they didn't need to do this kinda stuff with RE5 since they had developed that 3d camera tech that cost a fuckton which allowed the cutscenes to have an actual director do the camerawork and stuff for them
They do this before they do the actual motion capture.

News Bot

Banned
You are filling in a lot of the gaps and using the files, which is fine but not really what I am saying. I am talking about a villain who is on screen and an active part of the games events. I don't feel that with her.

This is pretty meaningless. This series has always relied on the files for 70% of its story and at times, characterization.

I know what the ending is too. I think it's great, for what it's worth.

News Bot

Banned
In regards to the localization, don't get the idea that the Japanese writers are playing it safe with regards to swearing. They go balls deep when they want to.

"For christ's sake, this monumental fucker's shown up!"
"This fucking asshole! What incredible strength!"
"Don't let it get close! It'll send us flying! Empty your rounds into it from a distance!"
"Its exterior's covered by a shell! Shit! I can't break it!"
"Break the shell by hammering it with a shotgun! Now we'll be able to damage it!"

Billy's final line to the Queen Leech in BIO0 is also "Hey! You monstrous asshole! Eat this!!"

Pilgrimzero

1. I rarely let monsters get close to me. And if they are they get a Shotgun to the face.

2. I have an over abundance of medical herbs

3. I come from the old school where we had no dodge and we needed no dodge.

Plus, The game (on normal) is more or less easy

copped this on steam yesterday, not too happy about how enemies don't react to your melee attacks if they're not the target, they don't fall down or get thrown off; also, raid seems significantly slower than either re5 or re6 mercs

campaign is pretty good so far

I also don't know how capcom managed it but the pc port is kinda wack, had to put a dx9.dll so it was playable

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I don't know that I dodge much in campaign, though I certainly don't *not* dodge if something is about to hit me.

My main in Raid is Jill, though, who starts with both dodge skills. Once they're maxed it seems like she can get out of just about anything. Sliding out of a mob has a satisfying feel to it.

Jawmuncher

I dodged right below the hammer a couple seconds before the explosion.

That would've killed me with less than half life.

Oh yeah the explosion would have got ya. Was just kind of talking out loud there with the fire that lowered your health as you ran up the stairs.

Top Bottom