• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

So, I've been taking my sweet time with Revelations, mainly playing Raid mode, but had up to episode 3 downloaded.

Finally beat both Claire and Barry's Episode 1 today and wow. Claire's was easy when you figured out you could
Turn the damn turret xD
and Barry's ending was insane with
The thousand crazy ass things in the end >_>

The next time on Revelations 2 is cute too :p

So far, has each new episode been better, or are there those out there that like Episode 1 or 2 the best so far? Deciding if I should go on or wait a little longer to do more.

Neiteio

So, I've been taking my sweet time with Revelations, mainly playing Raid mode, but had up to episode 3 downloaded.

Finally beat both Claire and Barry's Episode 1 today and wow. Claire's was easy when you figured out you could
Turn the damn turret xD

So far, has each new episode been better, or are there those out there that like Episode 1 or 2 the best so far? Deciding if I should go on or wait a little longer to do more.
General consensus is each episode is better than the last. Game just keeps getting better and better.

General consensus is each episode is better than the last. Game just keeps getting better and better.

Great to hear! Yeah your ode to those Revenant things, my god. I've faced tons in Raid, but in Campaign, it just feels different!

I had already played the Woods stage in Raid, but man did the atmosphere totally change in the scenario. Really loving it, and really glad I bought the season pass.

LeonSPBR

Turn the damn turret xD

Each episode is awesome. Every episode that comes is better that the last one, and they seems to push the game further. Recommend to get the season pass, it's easily worth the 25$.

Turn the damn turret xD

1 was great, 2 was awesome and Claire 3 was better than everything else combined.

Kinda funny because going in I just wanted to skip her chapter and continue from Barry 2.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Ok, the game's FPS takes a giant shit during the
burning building escape
section in episode 3. I'm talking about 20-25 fps here. The game's HORRIBLY optimized on PC. Capcom used to do a good job with the RE games. The fuck happened here?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel so stupid. What am I supposed to do in the
slaughterhouse? I'm in the first room you need a key to get into.
Asking this again because I am a dumbass and still can't figure it out.

Edit: It's the room where you need to walk through a pool of blood, and can pull a lever in the adjacent room to move the meat hanging from the ceiling.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Talking about physical copies, did anyone order the Japanese Limited Edition? Not sure what it is, but Play-Asia is sold out

I probably would splurge for a collector's edition. Unless episode 4 totally shits the bed this game is my favorite since RE4.

Astral Dog

I thought the swearing was tacky in Episode 1, but subsequent episodes showed Moira is self-aware of her swearing (even trying to clean it up around Natalia) and clearly suggests much of her current juvenile attitude was her way of sticking it to her dad. It's good character development, even the line she says at the end of the Episode 3 boss fight, which carries the same spirit of rebellion (and thus characterization) as her standing up to her dad. She's defying the fears that once shackled her, with a figurative "fuck you" (and a literal "jump on a dildo").

As for Pedro saying "balls," I consider that a genius touch. Straight-up. Characters need idiosyncratic touches, otherwise they're homogenized and same-y, and the touches don't have to be "agreeable" to be the right choice. When Pedro turns, and continues to say "balls, balls, balls" while in monster form, it's both bitter and sweet. You're seeing the last vestiges of humanity in a good person turned bad, while at the same time getting some levity with your horror, which most horror fans will agree is always a good combination.
The balls guy was too annoying, it got old quickly and Claires friends on episode 2 were the worst, they remind me of RE 6 minor characters, t
hankfully they die soon
, Moiras colorful language doesn't bother me, and like you said there is a reason for it, though it might be too juvenile. maybe if it was slightly altered , keep the english personality but be somewhat closer to the Japanese tone and writting... could it be a good compromise?

Its true that the localization brings personality to the series, its enjoyable but sometimes it also hurts the overall plot and characters, one thing for sure is that there is huge inconsistency on this aspect, english localization doesn't seem to be always better.
At the same time people enjoy the english RE characters, so they are doing something right, it just could be, a more consistent translation, especially on those reports and details that are butchered.

dellingr

I didn't realise how different the english translations have been throughout the series. I do enjoy the cheesiness but it seem like they go too far in taking liberties sometimes.

Leon's personality in particular has always confused me. I guess I know why now. In Resident Evil 4 he was cheesy, then in Degeneration he was very serious, then cheesy again in Damnation, then serious in Resident Evil 6 etc.

If they're gonna change character's personalities I wish they would keep the changes consistent throughout the series at least.

Talking about physical copies, did anyone order the Japanese Limited Edition? Not sure what it is, but Play-Asia is sold out

I probably would splurge for a collector's edition. Unless episode 4 totally shits the bed this game is my favorite since RE4.

I really wish I had the money at the time to by REV1 that included the BSAA collectors watch.

L.O.R.D

What does it say under the title of RE? Run set or something?

BOX SET
ILkhUtx.jpg

What's going on with the villain love here.
I mean yeah it's great to have someone who has the wesker name but that alone doesn't make her special. She has done nothing but say a few cheesy lines through a bracelet radio and walk around like the hunchback while being an evil witch.
How does that make a good villain?

Maybe episode 4 we actually get to see her in action but so far she has been mostly a background character. Nothing like wesker. Not even has good as the RE4 villains who were always around messing with Leon and we're kind of hilarious at times. She is no nemesis. alfred and alexia were weird, quirky, memorable and a major precense in the game. So far this villain is wasted, of course seeing the preview I know that will change.

Dizzy-4U

You'll unlock grumpy old man for Raid Mode after you've beaten Bonus Episode 1.
Oh, neat! I didn't know there was going to be bonus episodes.

Edit: It's the room where you need to walk through a pool of blood, and can pull a lever in the adjacent room to move the meat hanging from the ceiling.
Pull the lever until the meat is right above the machine. Shoot the hook so the meat falls into the machine. Repeat.

Shauni

Shoot the hanging meat into the grinder

Astral Dog

What's going on with the villain love here.
I mean yeah it's great to have someone who has the wesker name but that alone doesn't make her special. She has done nothing but say a few cheesy lines through a bracelet radio and walk around like the hunchback while being an evil witch.
How does that make a good villain?

Maybe episode 4 we actually get to see her in action but so far she has been mostly a background character. Nothing like wesker. Not even has good as the RE4 villains who were always around messing with Leon and we're kind of hilarious at times. She is no nemesis. alfred and alexia were weird, quirky, memorable and a major precense in the game. So far this villain is wasted, of course seeing the preview I know that will change.

She doesnt have to be Albert Wesker, Alex is more of a continuation of the Spencer legacy, so its cool they are referencing that part of RE5 this time, she doesnt come out of nowhere and its an actual twist, thats the first thing i like.
Then, well there is the way Alex was experimenting for years on that island, betrayed Spencer, kidnapped Moira, Claire and those people, so she can do her sick experiment, Alex is constantly speaking to her victims, even gives them false hope,and she did all these things without any remorse until (likely) Claire and Moira stopped her and she became a hideous monster, Barry sees her again, six months later after she basically loses her sanity, the only thing left of her experiments is this child, who Alex tries to kill.

Its really not a big thing, but Alex is a fun villain imo, better than the villains of REV 1 RE6, and more scary/threatening than Albert on RE5, Alex is of course no replacement for Wesker, in the end she is the villain of a low budget, episodic game, but what has been shown is enough to make her interesting whitout getting old.

Astral Dog

Albert Wesker died like the failure he was,
somebody expecting the true Wesker, the one that was behind the Wesker children, to appear? or that chapter is closed for good?

Sora_N

I have to play through the story to unlock more Raid mode levels right? I only finished Claire's part in Episode 1 so far.

Man that daily challenge made me respawn twice lol, ran out of bullets. Interesting they used the hospital from RE6 though.

joe2187

Banned
I have to play through the story to unlock more Raid mode levels right? I only finished Claire's part in Episode 1 so far.

Man that daily challenge made me respawn twice lol, ran out of bullets. Interesting they used the hospital from RE6 though.

Nope, you have to play through Raid mode to unlock new levels, each guantlet features new areas. The more medals you achieve the more guantlets you'll unlock.

Still hoping Albert gets revived somehow, or something batshit crazy where he's still alive after 5 ;p

Please no, if he survived that there is literally no way to make a satisfactory conclusion to his story ever.
Only way 5 could have wrapped him up any better is if Sheva wasn't shoehorned in and it was Chris and Jill together finishing him off.

The only thing I can see Capcom doing with a returned Wesker is have him a 1 one off villain for Chris, Leon, Ada & Jill to face.

though take the 4player crossover co-op from 6 and have Chris, Jill, Barry & Rebecca fighting him in an RE7 could get some excitement from me.

joe2187

Banned
Yeah, but it's Wesker. :p

It's Capcom, they've already proven they'll do anything crazy ;)

I could see a "clone" of Albert happening with his original memories intact.

I could have sworn that Adas ending in RE6 hinted at that heavily, unless the cocoon she destroyed was another Carla.

She doesnt have to be Albert Wesker, Alex is more of a continuation of the Spencer legacy, so its cool they are referencing that part of RE5 this time, she doesnt come out of nowhere and its an actual twist, thats the first thing i like.
Then, well there is the way Alex was experimenting for years on that island, betrayed Spencer, kidnapped Moira, Claire and those people, so she can do her sick experiment, Alex is constantly speaking to her victims, even gives them false hope,and she did all these things without any remorse until (likely) Claire and Moira stopped her and she became a hideous monster, Barry sees her again, six months later after she basically loses her sanity, the only thing left of her experiments is this child, who Alex tries to kill.

Its really not a big thing, but Alex is a fun villain imo, better than the villains of REV 1 RE6, and more scary/threatening than Albert on RE5, Alex is of course no replacement for Wesker, in the end she is the villain of a low budget, episodic game, but what has been shown is enough to make her interesting whitout getting old.

You are filling in a lot of the gaps and using the files, which is fine but not really what I am saying. I am talking about a villain who is on screen and an active part of the games events. I don't feel that with her.

Please no, if he survived that there is literally no way to make a satisfactory conclusion to his story ever.
Only way 5 could have wrapped him up any better is if Sheva wasn't shoehorned in and it was Chris and Jill together finishing him off.

The only thing I can see Capcom doing with a returned Wesker is have him a 1 one off villain for Chris, Leon, Ada & Jill to face.

though take the 4player crossover co-op from 6 and have Chris, Jill, Barry & Rebecca fighting him in an RE7 could get some excitement from me.

He comes back but with a change of heart and is now a good guy. Boom I can write for capcom.

Then of course he slowly becomes evil again.

Astral Dog

I could have sworn that Adas ending in RE6 hinted at that heavily, unless the cocoon she destroyed was another Carla.

Noo, why would it be another Albert?
although its a shame we will never be sure what was on that cocoon.

I guess Albert is coming back somehow, he is just popular and its not like there is another main villain to replace him,
whatever, at least should be foreshadowed,

Jawmuncher

Gotta say i wasn't very impressed with Claires side on Chapter 3.
The puzzles were just what I thought they would be. Nothing more than road blocks. Plus the whole
sewer
section was just so uninteresting.
Hopefully Barry's side makes up for it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The puzzles were just what I thought they would be. Nothing more than road blocks. Plus the whole
sewer

I liked it overall but I agree that
the sewer
was pretty uninteresting. Some of the sections felt overly huge.

I didn't know she used her sword! That outfit just went from disgusting fanservice straight to badassery.

Yes, that's all it takes for me.

That's actually a skill unrelated to the outfit.

Seyavesh

sewer

spoiler: it won't

Manu

I didn't know she used her sword! That outfit just went from disgusting fanservice straight to badassery.

I decided to forgo the PC verison and just buy the physical PS4 one.

She doesn't though. He unlocked Cipher, leveled his katana skill to the max, and then gave it to Moira.

Jawmuncher

He comes back but with a change of heart and is now a good guy. Boom I can write for capcom.

Then of course he slowly becomes evil again.

No he comes back as a good guy. But Chris becomes evil. THE ULTIMATE TWIST.
Thus it's up to Jake and Albert to stop him.

-----------------------------

But in all seriousness though capcom needs someone to fill the villain role. Since every "replacement" has been pretty lacluster. Simmons? who cares. Carla? could have been good but the way it was handled failed. Since you know outright she isn't ada. I personally always felt Krauser would be the easiest to return. He dies sure but nothing very concrete to me even in seperate ways.

kamineko

Well, she doesn't from the jump. She inherits it from
Cipher
. But it's treated as a "knife" so it stacks with her melee skill. Katana Moira is best Moira

kamineko

How long does it take to inherent the katana skill?

Just straight up grinding, it's around 34 levels. 10 skill levels plus the inherit costs 55 sp. That can be sped up by getting medals (everybody gets points, I think).

Then anybody can have it for 15 SP

Top Bottom