• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Grisby

Let's keep the ending spoiler talk to minimum fellas. If you do, make sure you mark what spoiler you're talking about. Like parenthesis hey this is about the ending, etc.

The best/most bullshit riddle puzzle was the face eating monster poem from silent hill which you get from setting the riddle difficulty to hard, how the fuck are you suppose to solve that shit lol.

FtHTiny

Are Network issues common on PC? After every Raid mission it wants to upload but can´t connect.
Also when i quit out of the game it kinda crashes and i have to task manager kill it.
Am i the only with these issues?

It means that the fourth grave was three graves away to the side of the third, but one row behind.

I dont know, I must be stupid because even with this explanation I'm just like...

tumblr_nazgyaYSSo1rosb88o1_500.gif

Jawmuncher

I dont know, I must be stupid because even with this explanation I'm just like...

https://38.media.tumblr.com/e7b85d43e681d06759710f1dfece4d13/tumblr_nazgyaYSSo1rosb88o1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

nah the explanation is garbage since where it is placed it could really mean either row in front or in back. Due to how terrible the graveyard is set up. When I figured it out I just shook my head in disappointment.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just finished ep 3, and loved it. Easily the best RE since RE4. Hopefully this team works on RE7 as well because they sure as shit know how to make an RE game for the modern age without turning it into a Bayfest.

I have one question. I didn't solve the
grave
puzzle. Am I missing something substantial, or is it some item you get?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just finished ep 3, and loved it. Easily the best RE since RE4. Hopefully this team works on RE7 as well because they sure as shit know how to make an RE game for the modern age without turning it into a Bayfest.

I have one question. I didn't solve the
grave
puzzle. Am I missing something substantial, or is it some item you get?

You got
an assault rifle and a gun part
for it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm stuck with Barry at the power station. There's a crate and I'm lost. wat do?

Spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE6OQPxDV_c

Guy has beaten game, goes through list of rewards and records (a lot of ??? still)

Costume spoilers
Costumes are 10,000 BP
Beating the game gets you:
Classic Claire, Classic Barry, "Classic Horror" screen effect

These two are a little more ending spoiler so putting them separate
Seeing the good ending gets you the Sniper Claire costume
(but if you were unfortunate enough to see soulluos's post then it's not a spoiler)
There's a black dress Natalia costume, dunno how he got that didn't see it in the records section.
(not related to the above mentioned post)

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME THAT
THE OLD MAN
IS PLAYABLE IN RAID MODE?!
That old man is just there for like 1 minute of the entire game?
Such a wasted opportunity.

Jawmuncher

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME THAT
THE OLD MAN
IS PLAYABLE IN RAID MODE?!
That old man is just there for like 1 minute of the entire game?
Such a wasted opportunity.

You'll see later on the truth.

Spoilers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE6OQPxDV_c

Guy has beaten game, goes through list of rewards and records (a lot of ??? still)

Costume spoilers
Costumes are 10,000 BP
Beating the game gets you:
Classic Claire, Classic Barry, "Classic Horror" screen effect

These two are a little more ending spoiler so putting them separate
Seeing the good ending gets you the Sniper Claire costume
(but if you were unfortunate enough to see soulluos's post then it's not a spoiler)
There's a black dress Natalia costume, dunno how he got that didn't see it in the records section.
(not related to the above mentioned post)

Geez 10K for the costumes. BP is enough of a pain in the ass to get for me at least.

Shauni

So, I saw the spoiler, but it's not that big of a deal to me. My question is this (I will spoiler tag for the sensitive):

When I play through an episode the first time I play through Normal. On that playthrough, I had Moira kill Neil. In my other playthroughs, all on Casual, I had Claire kill him because it's quicker to do. So, when I do my first playthrough of episode 4 on Normal, will it carry over what I did on Normal, or just my last playthrough?

This is obviously only a question those who have got the retail edition early can answer, but I'd like to know since the cat's out of the bag.

Jawmuncher

So, I saw the spoiler, but it's not that big of a deal to me. My question is this (I will spoiler tag for the sensitive):

When I play through an episode the first time I play through Normal. On that playthrough, I had Moira kill Neil. In my other playthroughs, all on Casual, I had Claire kill him because it's quicker to do. So, when I do my first playthrough of episode 4 on Normal, will it carry over what I did on Normal, or just my last playthrough?

This is obviously only a question those who have got the retail edition early can answer, but I'd like to know since the cat's out of the bag.

Wait. I had a choice in that?
Wow I didn't know. Felt like I was forced into using
moira

Grisby

Full disc release is Tuesday right? I've got it on order, might be faster to go pick it up and install in the morning to play the final and extra episodes.

Save file should work from my digital version. Don't see why not.

Shauni

Wait. I had a choice in that?
Wow I didn't know. Felt like I was forced into using
moira

Did you not see the X prompt when you begin the sequence as Claire? If you mash it quick enough, it even kills Neil before the prompt to switch characters happens

Vamphuntr

Claire EP 3 was much better than Barry's this time. You can also cheese Barry's boss with the smoke bottle, 3 follow up attack and it was dead on Normal haha.

AdaWong

The latest decision you made carries over.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Jill, level 94! All gauntlets released so far cleared. Oh, yeaaaah!

Same here--level 93 tho

I took a different approach with skills than you did, focused on dodging, pistol, rifle. I'm not sure what my last two slots will be in Jill final form

SkylineRKR

Its very badly written in the notes. Drove me crazy as the rest was easy to find. But what it says is that you have to deduce the location of the 4th grave first. Its 3 graves from that one, in the row behind it.

Pimpbaa

Is this game fixed on ps4 yet? I have an xb1, but this is the type of game I like to play with surround sound headphones and I have none for my xb1 yet.

Lork

Er... what?
Not really sure what part of this is confusing to you, so I'll take it from the top. Nuuvem is a website that sells keys for games that can be redeemed on digital distribution services like Steam. People here like to use it because they can get huge discounts on games thanks to regional pricing, but obviously any game you buy there will be the version intended for use in Brazil.

Jawmuncher

Did you not see the X prompt when you begin the sequence as Claire? If you mash it quick enough, it even kills Neil before the prompt to switch characters happens

I mashed the hell out of X and it still jumped. Which is why I thought it was one of those fake QTEs. Not a big deal since i'll be playing it again but that is interesting.

AdaWong

LOL. Episode 4 length spoilers:

Claire's part is literally 12 minutes. So pathetic. Her chapter is SO anticlimactic it hurts. I fucking hate Capcom for turning her into such an irrelevant character.

Claire's part is literally 12 minutes. So pathetic. Her chapter is SO anticlimactic it hurts. I fucking hate Capcom for turning her into such an irrelevant character.
Eh,
she has always been irrelevant, only reason she isn't a common forgettable civilian is because she is related to Chris.
she doesn't really have a place in the series anymore. RE2 was good but her involvement in CV, Degeneration and REV2 are stretches

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Is this game fixed on ps4 yet? I have an xb1, but this is the type of game I like to play with surround sound headphones and I have none for my xb1 yet.

I'm not sure if they did anything with performance in later episodes or not. Game chugged noticeably during a specific segment during Barry's part of Episode 1. Other PS4 owners can chime in, but I don't recall anything like that in later episodes.

It does tank for like a second when it autosaves, but there isn't anything important happening during those times

SkylineRKR

Eh,
she has always been irrelevant, only reason she isn't a common forgettable civilian is because she is related to Chris.
she doesn't really have a place in the series anymore. RE2 was good but her involvement in CV, Degeneration and REV2 are stretches

One thing is for certain; when Claire is in, the game is good.

For the rest.. I think her role in CV was sort of relevant. She did contact Leon who in turn informed Chris.

Its just a bit odd that she ends up on an infested island prison twice.

Vamphuntr

So I've played this game's first episode co-op with a friend and we're enjoying ourselves, but there's an issue that's killing it for us, namely stuttering. We've accepted that when switching to a more open area, we might start out with some small framedrops and that we might not hit 60FPS in general, but this is happening all the time.

The game runs at a relatively smooth 60 FPS in-doors, but it'll suddenly just stutter at the worst moments, like when an enemy is about to attack, rendering us unable to react. I've even tried putting everything on low settings, set the lock to 60 and turn Vsynch on and off and nothing is helping. Halp, what can I do?

System specs are: 2500k, GTX 670, 8GB RAM.

Nothing. Game is unoptimized and is heavily CPU bound I have a much better GPU and CPU and sometimes it pings all core at 100% while running the game.

AdaWong

One thing is for certain; when Claire is in, the game is good.

For the rest.. I think her role in CV was sort of relevant. She did contact Leon who in turn informed Chris.

Its just a bit odd that she ends up on an infested island prison twice.

the game's good. But the character is not. Claire was extremely out of character the whole time. ESPECIALLY on Episode 4. Everything was so rushed, her part is literally 6 minutes worth of cutscene (that are NOT even CGI) and the other 6 minutes is gameplay. Then when she
(just to remind you again, Episode 4 Claire spoilers)
gets rescued by a random ass falling debris by Moira, she didn't even BOTHER doing anything. The exact dialogue:
Claire: Moira! Don't you DARE to die. Dont you fucking dare!
Moira: Save... Yourself...
Claire: God help me. *jumps into the ocean*

LOL wat??

Vamphuntr

the game's good. But the character is not. Claire was extremely out of character the whole time. ESPECIALLY on Episode 4. Everything was so rushed, her part is literally 6 minutes worth of cutscene (that are NOT even CGI) and the other 6 minutes is gameplay. Then when she
gets rescued by a random ass falling debris by Moira, she didn't even BOTHER doing anything. The exact dialogue:

LOL wat??

This is awful haha.
So she simply run away? What happens to her after the time skip then?

LOL wat??
she couldn't go back with Barry and help him search?, new Claire is a B.

AdaWong

This is awful haha.
So she simply run away? What happens to her after the time skip then?

she couldn't go back with Barry and help him search?, new Claire is a B.

Nope. She's taken to a hospital and she tells Barry that she's "so sorry about Moira." then Barry goes to the island.

Then the game turns into a huge cheesy Barry x Moira scenario with swearing left and right and corniness everywhere. Claire literally has no other appearance after the hospital, lol. She got the shitty end of the stick. Go check Claire fans on Gamefaqs and Instagram, they're so pissed. XD

Vamphuntr

Chap 4 spoilers

Nope. She's taken to a hospital and she tells Barry that she's "so sorry about Moira." then Barry goes to the island.

Then the game turns into a huge cheesy Barry x Moira scenario with swearing left and right and corniness everywhere. Claire literally has no other appearance after the hospital, lol. She got the shitty end of the stick. Go check Claire fans on Gamefaqs and Instagram, they're so pissed. XD

Capcpom always fail hard to deliver in the end, good grief. Really disappointed by this.

Astral Dog

thats unfortunate, but im not surprised, Revelations 1 had the same problem where you could change Chris and Jill for another BSAA agent or generic character, and nobody would notice. they are just there for the faces (well not in the case of Jill)and because they are recognizable characters.
still i prefer Claire over Jill in Revelations, so its good that she had a part at all, even if its just to kill neo Steve
edit: of course that doesnt excuse her pitiful part of the ending, poor Claire.

Eh,
hmm, i liked Claire on RE2 and CV DC too, she has a place in the series, but even other characters dont really matter that much.Chris should had retired not too long after killing Wesker imo, appearing more as a counselor to the BSAA.
And you may not like her, but some people think her character deserves better than the part on Revelations 2

Jawmuncher

Reading those Claire Spoilers.
Holy Shit if the scene plays out as described claire just fell all the way down rankings to the bottom. Wow I don't think any mainline character has ever been so terrible with their partner.

Vamphuntr

Reading those Claire Spoilers.
Holy Shit if the scene plays out as described claire just fell all the way down rankings to the bottom. Wow I don't think any mainline character has ever been so terrible with their partner.

It's on youtube already... so yeah it's true haha

Top Bottom