• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Seyavesh

I wish they'd bring RE3 Mercs back.

i think re3 mercs type maps could be incorporated into raid mode tbh- the framework is definitely there for how it's laid out- there just needs to be actual map design (similar to rev1's ghost ship) with added hostages and a timer (that works off mercs mechanics)

the big issue is that it'd be hard to get the kind of 'balance' that re3 mercs had in terms of difficulty as whole point of the mode was condensing that efficiency between resource usage (to kill monsters/rescue hostages) and movement between areas that embodied the core old RE gameplay

with more action-based gameplay it'd be really rough to get that right, especially with custom loadouts and co-op- it'd be similar in terms of execution but radically different in spirit

SeanTSC

Still trying to catch up with everyone. Currently at the forest bits early on with Barry and holy fuck is my PS4 making ungodly noises as well as never even hitting 50fps anymore....

Yeah, nothing like that to kill a quiet, intense mood

Thinking im just gonna play this on XboxOne instead. Yay for waisting $25 on the season pass >=(

Don't give up on it. That's the absolute worst part of Episodes 1-3 so far and nothing else chugs as badly.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I love both Mercs and Raid a lot, though I do hope some of the traits from Raid may go over to Mercs, namely enemy buffs and bigger player difference. Levels would be interesting, though I don't think I'd want them to affect stats like they do in Raid and more be a bragging thing maybe tied to cosmetic things.

Episode 4 being shorter isn't surprising and honestly it doesn't bother me at all.
At this point the game already surpassed my expectations by far and I got my money's worth and then some.
A final boss fight that is as good as the previous bosses and an ending to the story that isn't disappointing is enough to make me happy.

I just watched all of Episode 4.

It. Is. AMAZING.

Confidence fully restored.

Can't wait to play it myself!

Good to hear after all the negativity.
That being said, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

Not really sure what part of this is confusing to you, so I'll take it from the top. Nuuvem is a website that sells keys for games that can be redeemed on digital distribution services like Steam. People here like to use it because they can get huge discounts on games thanks to regional pricing, but obviously any game you buy there will be the version intended for use in Brazil.

Your post seemed to imply that nuuvem is a shady site like those dubious sites that resell keys.

Neiteio

Good to hear after all the negativity.
That being said, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!
Because I know I'm going to play it three times anyways. Just like I did the other chapters. :)

Seriously, it's all so good.

Although a heads up: If you didn't have
Moira shoot Neil
at the end of Episode 3, you'll get a different ending, and you won't get to see the true final boss fight.

I'd say both endings are worth seeing, though. SO GOOD.

Because I know I'm going to play it three times anyways. Just like I did the other chapters. :)

Moira shoot Neil
at the end of Episode 3, you'll get a different ending, and you won't get to see the true final boss fight.

I didn't even know that you could have
Moira NOT shoot Neil,
lol.

Reedirect

Moira shoot Neil

Yes. Replayed the whole chapter just to see that scene (
did it with Claire the first time, because Moira wasn't moving at all for me for the first few seconds and I thought it glitched out
). Glad to hear it has actual impact.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Am looking forward to getting the disc version next week, but kinda bummed that it's split-screen only in the story.

My brother and I played Resi 5 on two TVs over 360 system link and that was a good time (until one console red ringed so we had to settle for split screen!)

Seyavesh

The story is miles better than Resident Evil 6.

UjwjTDI.gif

haikira

Had a friend who's been bringing his PS4 around most weekends, so we can play Evolve and Far Cry 4 in the same room.

We decided to both purchase this, thinking we'd be able to play on our consoles, but when we downloaded it, we couldn't find any option for either lan or online. After looking it up, am I right in saying the online play was delayed until retail release, and there's no ability to lan? If so, that's pretty damn annoying.

Does anyone know if we play splitscreen, and he signs in on my console using his PSN account, will he keep all the raid and story stuff when he goes back to his console?

EDIT: Had another look around online. Not only has online play been delayed, is it also true it's only going to be available for raid? Honestly, I'm quite annoyed if there's no way to play the campaign with individual screens. I know the blame is on me for not reading up in advance, but I don't think it was a far fetched assumption to make that you could play cooperative either over LAN or online. It's 2015 for goodness sake.

Jawmuncher

I love this. Will be the go to gif for any game story discussion.

-------------

As for raid mode it's getting there at least. Mercs has the advantage of being a simpler mode that at this point they can't really mess up, and as long as the gameplay stays on top fans can have infinite fun with. Raid mode has a lot of factors it has to work with so it's never going up hit the notes as easily for some. But I will say Rev1 to Rev2 is a huge improvement to me thanks to added gameplay mechanics, additional ways for XP, and overall fluid mess. Can't wait to see what Rev 3 brings.

Jito

Banned
Had a friend who's been bringing his PS4 around most weekends, so we can play Evolve and Far Cry 4 in the same room.

We decided to both purchase this, thinking we'd be able to play on our consoles, but when we downloaded it, we couldn't find any option for either lan or online. After looking it up, am I right in saying the online play was delayed until retail release, and there's no ability to lan? If so, that's pretty damn annoying.

Does anyone know if we play splitscreen, and he signs in on my console using his PSN account, will he keep all the raid and story stuff when he goes back to his console?

EDIT: Had another look around online. Not only has online play been delayed, is it also true it's only going to be available for raid? Honestly, I'm quite annoyed if there's no way to play the campaign with individual screens. I know the blame is on me for not reading up in advance, but I don't think it was a far fetched assumption to make that you could play cooperative either over LAN or online. It's 2015 for goodness sake.

You can play splitscreen, but no it won't sign you into an actual account or store any progress to your account, it just signs you in as a partner. I think with the release of online multiplayer with the final episode you'll be able to use separate accounts.

haikira

You can play splitscreen, but no it won't sign you into an actual account or store any progress to your account, it just signs you in as a partner. I think with the release of online multiplayer with the final episode you'll be able to use separate accounts.

Thanks. Think I'll hold off playing until the final episode is out.

Didn't mean to shit the thread up with negativity. It actually seems like a really neat game from what I've seen. I'm just annoyed that I talked my friend into buying it so we'd be able to play online and at LANs. Whoops.

I hope that somehow they'll patch the campaign for online play as well, I have no idea who thought it would be fun to only do it offline splitscreen. Been playing through it with a friend on shareplay.

Also, any idea on when the online patch is coming? Since the disc release is on the 17th shouldnt the patch be online a day or so before that or midnight monday?

Raid mode does open up a fair bit, thanks to the rpg-ish mechanics, I still would have loved a more Mercs mode, or, even better option, RE6 mechanics on Raid.

Raid mode does open up a fair bit, thanks to the rpg-ish mechanics, I still would have loved a more Mercs mode, or, even better option, RE6 mechanics on Raid.

Considering how easy Raid Mode is I would've loved Mercs in RER2 as well. Now that's challenging and you can always do better. In Raid Mode the only way to make it difficult is to remove skills and lower your level and that just makes the enemies bullet sponges which is not the difficulty type of level I want. Once you master Raid there's nothing else to do... I guess I could play with other characters but it's not like they're any different since all characters are basically the same more or less.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Is this game really that good?
Resident Evil 6 was garbage and I didn't like Revelations 1. No online co op, right?

It's pretty great so far. Seems a good mix of new and old sensibilities. I was disappointed with RE6 and thought REV1 was just OK.

Raid takes a while to get interesting, but once it does, it's a lot of fun

Jackpot

Banned
Are any outlets going to review all 4 episodes as one game?

Also where do people who've finished it rank it compared to the rest of the series?

Nemesis_

Are any outlets going to review all 4 episodes as one game?

Also where do people who've finished it rank it compared to the rest of the series?

A few are doing "impressions" on each episode and then reviewing the full package later on, I'm pretty sure. But it'll definitely vary site by site.

I know for a fact that some of the Australian independents like Press Start and Stevivor will be doing it that way.

Can they please make a RE5 character pack. Or 4. Fuck these RE6 variants
Im actually liking Chris' China costume more in this game than I did in 6, preferred the other.

I'd probably pay $5 just for
latest

And Capcom could put me down for another $5 for Rebecca(who better retain her double flamethrower melee and have crazy herb skills.)

Moira shoot Neil

so, if i didnt do what was in the spoiler, can I just specifically replay claire chapter 3 and do that and be fine? or will i have to redo barry's as well?

Astral Dog

Do we know what these extra episodes are about? i read something like
they are based around the six months before Claire and Moira got to the tower,
but what can we expect? are they like the others or less story driven with more action?

I am thinking about buying this one on PC, how do I get everything and what is the price breakout, I am more interested in just the core experience and not online. Thanks and sorry just confused in my new PC gaming world.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Is this game really that good?
Resident Evil 6 was garbage and I didn't like Revelations 1. No online co op, right?

The game length is quite decent and not bloated with unnecessary content unlike RE6. I like the raid mode too, but it could have been better. I hope there will be maps from older RE games though, as well as older enemies like licker.

Im actually liking Chris' China costume more in this game than I did in 6, preferred the other.

I'd probably pay $5 just for
latest

And Capcom could put me down for another $5 for Rebecca(who better retain her double flamethrower melee and have crazy herb skills.)

I'd pay $25 for this melee move and costume

NjhRomn.gif

Jawmuncher

I love if you spam the Follow me command as Barry to natalia, it keeps with RE tradition. In that after awhile he'll yell at her and natalia yells right back. It's even funnier to me due to the age difference, and how sarcastic natalia sounds.

Neiteio

but what can we expect? are they like the others or less story driven with more action?
I'm not sure how much action they have, but they appear to have a bit of story. The extra episode with Moira is about
her six months surviving on the island after being separated from Claire, hunting wild game and gathering resources with the old man from the sewers
, while the extra episode with Natalia appears to be about
the real Natalia, in a white dress, working together with another Natalia, in a black dress (what I presume to be a mental representation of Alex inside her mind), working together to get through a surreal dream-like world (which again, appears to be inside her mind).
So yeah — that second one is weeeeeeeeeiiird.

Shauni

People who data dug the files came out with some descriptions. I'll spoiler tag them for the sensitive:

The Moira episode is with the old Russian man, apparently, and based on the description it details how she survived, I assume. It's seems to have story elements, but also doubles as a new mode where you have to find rations (or something like that) to survive, so it seems like it may be more focused on collection and survival than combat.

The Natalia one isn't as clear. You play as two Natalias, one with the regular outfit she wears, and another with a black outfit, and you have to navigate through this forest like area. It's not clear exactly what the objective will be or how story-based it'll be

EDIT: Beaten

Matchew

Got this a few nights ago and having a good time. I know this probably has been said a tons of times before but no online co-op is horrible and I really hope it gets patched in. Playing Resident Evil 5 co-op was a blast and was hoping to do it with this game.

Also, first time playing raid mode and it's awesome, can't wait to dig into it deeper.

Jawmuncher

EDIT: So I can't replay chapters without erasing my save?
How does that affect Chapter 4 when it comes out?
Guess I just have to wait until 4 comes out to go achievement hunting?

Top Bottom