• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

ezekial45

Banned
Hahaha. XD

There are Kafka drawings hidden in every level. Moira finds them with her flashlight. Finding them all unlocks a secret file for that chapter. There are six in Episode 3, for example.

Likewise with Natalia, she can spot insect larvae, which appear as red clouds. She then hits them with a brick to kill them. Kill all the larvae, get another secret file.

And then all characters can spot the tower medallions. Shoot all of them for yet another file.

There are also always a number of military boxes you open as Moira, and gimmick ("small hand") boxes you open as Natalia.

Lots of stuff to look for in each level. It's why each episode takes me a few hours. I'm thoroughly combing each wall with the flashlight, looking over each corner with Natalia, etc.

Also, you find a lot of ammo, weapons parts and treasure (worth BP) by playing as Moira and Natalia.

Hang on, I have gotten the boxes and found the hidden items through the light glints, but other than that I don't really have her on point. I just never knew about the Kafka paintings.

I've never tried to find any collectibles because the environment in this game is so boring. The story is awesome but the locations so far, at least most of them, are just kinda... meh. Nothing memorable. So I'm glad most of Raid Mode is Re6

Just wish since they put enemies from other games they would've put stages from RE:Mercs 3D since the Executioner is the one from that game and not the one from RE5.

Neiteio

Hang on, I have gotten the boxes and found the hidden items through the light glints, but other than that I don't really have her on point. I just never knew about the Kafka paintings.
I understand. If you're going for everything, just sweep every surface with the flashlight with Moira before moving on. :)

Btw, your avatar makes me want to watch Dredd 3D again.

Raid mode is awesome and more games need to copy it. Like I could see how pretty much any shooter could just copy it wholesale and have it work wonderfully.

GavinUK86

this moment genuinely made me shit my pants and laugh out loud at the same time

cdbkbc.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I believe the release date of the retail version is actuall the 20th, but it seems to be releasing early in a few places. The last episode comes out on the 17th and that's when RE.Net support goes live. The two bonus episodes come out on the 20th, and that's when the retail version is supposed to go live as well.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yup, the legendary "silent" PS4s

Really wish I had one (I've been through 3 now) :(

I'm not crazy though. There's several threads on GAF about the PS4's fan noise as well as all kinds of YouTube videos

Mine was the same as yours. Loud as FUCK in ep. 1 as Barry in the forest, especially with a flashlight.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
THAT GODDAMN WAREHOUSE FIRE SEQUENCE WAS RUNNING AT LIKE 5 FPS

I died twice in there because of that.

I would really like a patch to fix the performance of this game. There is no reason why RE6 would run at 60-80 fps while RER2 runs at 30 with drops to single fucking digits.

MOTHER OF BALLS, MY LIFE IS AWESOME.

I love how this is the first thing you hear when you start episode 3. I love the sense of humour that's littered throughout this game so far.

Started episode 2 and have hardly any bullets, any tips for finding them in the fishing village or for how to take down the big axe swingers quickly?

Quickly? Not really, but if there is only one of them and you want to save ammo- use Moira to blind it with her flashlight until it goes into it's stun animation, switch to Claire to melee and then use her follow-up melee if you have it unlocked, otherwise switch back to Moira to follow-up with her crowbar.

If you're lucky, the AI would follow suit fast so you can have dual follow-up attacks =p

rinse and repeat probably 2-3 times depending on how much you upgrade your melee damage.

The red clouds are the Natalia collectibles for her and Barry's campaign, it's basically an invisible bug that she can only see and she can only kill with the brick (Not necessarily needing to throw it).

Some of them are pretty puzzle solve-y.

@Raid-Pros:

The game informed me that I can upgrade the weapon toolbox (the one where i upgrade the weapon perks) now. The option is still unavailable though. Now the shop tells me he has something new to sell (by that glowing number above) but I cant find anything in the shop. Do I have to buy something for the upgrade? Bugged?

@Raid-Pros:

The game informed me that I can upgrade the weapon toolbox (the one where i upgrade the weapon perks) now. The option is still unavailable though. Now the shop tells me he has something new to sell (by that glowing number above) but I cant find anything in the shop. Do I have to buy something for the upgrade? Bugged?

You have to beat a certain amount of gauntlets (only the ones on normal) and then it will be available in the in game store (the telephone)

Mine was the same as yours. Loud as FUCK in ep. 1 as Barry in the forest, especially with a flashlight.

Whew, glad I'm not the only one who noticed

Either way, I've decided to just stick with the PS4 version as supposedly that's the only bad part.
That and I've already paid for the damn thing, har har

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've never tried to find any collectibles because the environment in this game is so boring. The story is awesome but the locations so far, at least most of them, are just kinda... meh. Nothing memorable. So I'm glad most of Raid Mode is Re6

Just wish since they put enemies from other games they would've put stages from RE:Mercs 3D since the Executioner is the one from that game and not the one from RE5.

I love some of the environments. The dilapidated soviet-era aesthetic might honestly be my favorite in the series. I sometimes wish they were a bit wider with more to explore (but this game has to run on a Vita :/) but even so it is just so moody. Whole game isn't like that though, unfortunately. It's inconsistent. Lows are pretty low. However, nothing in Rev2 is as bland and shit-boring as Rev1. So there's that, at least.

Slaughter house was pretty cool too. I liked wading through the bloody muck. Kinda wish they would have done something more with that... only reason to go in there was to destroy an item crate. Bit of a wasted opportunity. Should have made you fight the boss down in there or something.

FaintDeftone

I just finished Ep.2 on PC yesterday and hoping to knock out Ep.3 today or tomorrow so I can catch up. I enjoyed Ep.2 a lot more than Ep.1 so far so hopefully this trend will continue. I just wish Capcom would fix the damn issues with the PC version's stuttering.

I love some of the environments. The dilapidated soviet-era aesthetic might honestly be my favorite in the series. I sometimes wish they were a bit wider with more to explore (but this game has to run on a Vita :/) but even so it is just so moody. Whole game isn't like that though, unfortunately. It's inconsistent. Lows are pretty low. However, nothing in Rev2 is as bland and shit-boring as Rev1. So there's that, at least.

Slaughter house was pretty cool too. I liked wading through the bloody muck. Kinda wish they would have done something more with that... only reason to go in there was to destroy an item crate. Bit of a wasted opportunity. Should have made you fight the boss down in there or something.

tumblr_mvxkt9GHsr1qetz23o1_250.gif

You're just not ready for our online co-op sessions, babe.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finally finished Episode 3. Looks like I need to do it again as
I shot Neil with Claire. Also, what was up with Alex in Barry's ending?

Manu

Finally finished Episode 3. Looks like I need to do it again as
I shot Neil with Claire. Also, what was up with Alex in Barry's ending?

Something about Natalia seems to have scared her.

Man, I wish there was dismembering in this game.

Imagine chopping up zombies, Revengeance syle, with Cipher's katana.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I wish there was atleast head gibbing. Feels so weird to constantly use the sniper in raid and never see a head pop.

Throwback Map Pack dlc is still broken on PS4 !
And the worst thing about it since they fucked up you can't restore license on your PS4 !!!

20 pages on sony support forums and yet no official update on this issue.

That's the last time I bought anything from crapcom.

Jawmuncher

Finally unlocked leon. Had to mod in his Shanghai look since I really dislike the jacket he wore in Tall Oaks. Going to work on Chris and i'll be good for now. Don't want to get to far into raid, since i want to save some for coop.

OniBaka

Been playing ep 1 and raid all weekend while waiting for retail copy. Pretty much did everything and got all collectibles besides count down mode, invisible mode and knife run. It's a re game when you replay it constantly and having such a blast.

Ended up convincing friends when I played split screen with them.

Finally unlocked leon. Had to mod in his Shanghai look since I really dislike the jacket he wore in Tall Oaks. Going to work on Chris and i'll be good for now. Don't want to get to far into raid, since i want to save some for coop.

Yeah, I'm saving most characters (if not all) for online. Only one I've been playing with is Jill, who is now at level 97 and others who have skills I wanted to inherit for Jill but that's it.

Throwback Map Pack dlc is still broken on PS4 !
And the worst thing about it since they fucked up you can't restore license on your PS4 !!!

20 pages on sony support forums and yet no official update on this issue.

That's the last time I bought anything from crapcom.

I think they havent bothered releasing a patch for it because a big patch is coming when online is being patched in so they prob wanted to wait for that.

RIGHT? But the fact that head's dont explode when doing critical damage or headshots is ridiculous.

Will the physical release include all DLC? Or will I have to purchase some?

All the DLC except the weapon DLC which is just purchasing existing in game weapons that you get from the ingame store or from evaluating items.

GavinUK86

THAT GODDAMN WAREHOUSE FIRE SEQUENCE WAS RUNNING AT LIKE 5 FPS

I died twice in there because of that.

I would really like a patch to fix the performance of this game. There is no reason why RE6 would run at 60-80 fps while RER2 runs at 30 with drops to single fucking digits.

glad i wasn't the only one that happened to. it was running 70+ until that room and it went down to the 20's.

You're supposed to throw bricks at the red clouds?
Ugh.

wait, what? i didn't know that. i just switch to natalia to see where the red cloud is then switch to barry and shoot in that general area.

have to try that next time.

that
neil fight though. what a bitch

Neiteio

wait, what? i didn't know that. i just switch to natalia to see where the red cloud is then switch to barry and shoot in that general area.

have to try that next time.
Barry can't shoot the clouds. Only Natalia can hit them, by swinging or throwing a brick. They become like puzzles at points, where you have to climb around to get the right angle, throw over a wall, etc.

Jawmuncher

That fire section was pretty bad in terms of FPS. Though my pc was gonna crash with the constant ups and downs. And I play RE6 at 60fps and everything maxed which we all know looks better. Wish QLOC had done the Rev2 port.

News Bot

Banned
Is there any way to turn off the HUD on the PC version? I want to record some of the in-game event sequences such as (Episode Four spoiler)
Alex's suicide.

Neiteio

That fire section was pretty bad in terms of FPS. Though my pc was gonna crash with the constant ups and downs. And I play RE6 at 60fps and everything maxed which we all know looks better. Wish QLOC had done the Rev2 port.
I'm surprised the PC version runs worse at points than the consoles. That section was fine on PS4. I never felt my control diminish.

Top Bottom