• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

I might try those modes after I've completed three playthroughs of the main campaign (I'm already on track for this -- I played the first three episodes a total of three times each).

How do Countdown and Invisible modes work? For example, I heard in Invisible mode that the secondary character can reveal the enemies. Does this making them visible to the primary character, or is it a matter of switching back and forth to get a reference point, like with Natalia and the Glasps?
in countdown mode you have a time limit. You start with something like 2 minutes and you have to reach time houglasses to extend your time. Killing enemies also gives you small chunks of time.

In invisible mode all enemies are invisible. Switching to the secondary character allows you to see enemies. Moira uses the flashlight and Natalia sees the aura like she usually does. You can switch back to the primary character and you will be able to see the enemy for a few seconds. Shooting or knifing enemies also exposes them.

You also have a predetermined loadout in these modes and you cannot use the benches.

korly

Buying complete season from PSN/XBL gets you

4 main episodes
2 bonus episodes
Hunk for Raid mode.

Disc gets you

4 main episodes
2 bonus episodes
Hunk for Raid mode.
Wesker for Raid mode
Costume pack for Claire, Barry, Moira, Natalia (campaign and Raid mode)
Throwback map pack for Raid mode

You can buy the disc extras seperately to the complete season on PSN/XBL.

Everything else you see is pay DLC no matter what.

I see a lot of people mentioning that Wesker is exclusive to the retail version but I have the $25 digital version on XB1 and I definitely have Wesker (Albert). He didn't unlock until I finished episode 2 though.

Jawmuncher

in countdown mode you have a time limit. You start with something like 2 minutes and you have to reach time houglasses to extend your time. Killing enemies also gives you small chunks of time.

In invisible mode all enemies are invisible. Switching to the secondary character allows you to see enemies. Moira uses the flashlight and Natalia sees the aura like she usually does. You can switch back to the primary character and you will be able to see the enemy for a few seconds. Shooting or knifing enemies also exposes them.

You also have a predetermined loadout in these modes and you cannot use the benches.

Didn't know about the last part. Maybe I should try and do Barry's chapter 2 today....but that boss fight for him ugh.

Neiteio

Didn't know about the last part. Maybe I should try and do Barry's chapter 2 today....but that boss fight for him ugh.
You can skip Barry's Episode 2 boss fight if you defeat that boss in Claire's Episode 2.

Of course, I imagine that would also be hard in Invisible Mode!

Do the enemies still make noises? And the 'scary danger music' audio cues still play? Or is it a total shock when you get grabbed?

foxdvd

Do the enemies still make noises? And the 'scary danger music' audio cues still play? Or is it a total shock when you get grabbed?

yes they make noise and yes the music comes up...and there are other little things you will notice...like dust moving and such.

Invisible mode is amazing....

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can skip Barry's Episode 2 boss fight if you defeat that boss in Claire's Episode 2.

The entire Claire scenario where the windows are being attacked is really hard. I beat ep.1 without much issue but didn't get past that.

Neiteio

The entire Claire scenario where the windows are being attacked is really hard. I beat ep.1 without much issue but didn't get past that.
Yeah, that seems like that would be really hard, especially once
Mutant Pedro
shows up, assuming you want to try to beat him there so that you don't have to beat him with Barry. Honestly, I can't picture fighting an invisible version of him in either case.

As for the basic enemies breaking through the windows, I wonder if it would help to hold your ground upstairs near the switch. That way the enemies are bottlenecked at the stairs and narrow passage in front of you. Can't really defend the windows there, but I'm not sure if the length of that sequence is based on a timer or a finite number of enemies. If it's the latter, might as well let them come to you and defeat them upstairs.

FaintDeftone

I just hit Barry's half of Episode 3 last night and plan on fishing that tonight before Ep.4 comes out. So far the game has gotten better and better with each episode and I'm definitely digging it a lot more than RE6.

That
Alex Wesker
reveal in Chapter 3, holy crap what an awesomely creepy design!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, that seems like that would be really hard, especially once
Mutant Pedro
shows up, assuming you want to try to beat him there so that you don't have to beat him with Barry. Honestly, I can't picture fighting an invisible version of him in either case.

As for the basic enemies breaking through the windows, I wonder if it would help to hold your ground upstairs near the switch. That way the enemies are bottlenecked at the stairs and narrow passage in front of you. Can't really defend the windows there, but I'm not sure if the length of that sequence is based on a timer or a finite number of enemies. If it's the latter, might as well let them come to you and defeat them upstairs.

I actually tried to do just that but it didn't work so well. I had Moira covering the stairs but some would just sprint up there, and at that point the whole upstairs gets swarmed. There's also an ironhead that shows up and those guys are MASSIVE assholes in invisible enemy.

I actually find the Barry sections way easier due to his enemy pool. Revenants are pretty easy to deal with since even in normal playing Natalia is useful to find the weakpoint, and Glasps...aren't really changed, lol.

Shauni

I see a lot of people mentioning that Wesker is exclusive to the retail version but I have the $25 digital version on XB1 and I definitely have Wesker (Albert). He didn't unlock until I finished episode 2 though.

Are you 100% sure you didn't buy him for $2.50 from the store? Because you really shouldn't have him if you didn't. The unlockable characters we have so far for episodes are
Jill, Leon, and Chris, and I believe the unlockable for the fourth episode is said to be Alex Wesker.

PuMa

Are you 100% sure you didn't buy him for $2.50 from the store? Because you really shouldn't have him if you didn't. The unlockable characters we have so far for episodes are
Jill, Leon, and Chris, and I believe the unlockable for the fourth episode is said to be Alex Wesker.

Edit: My bad. Was thinking of Hunk. I got him from the pre-order.

Jawmuncher

Im not looking forward to that fight for invisible or countdown.
Especially since for those modes it seems like that's the easier way to do things.

Neiteio

Im not looking forward to that fight for invisible or countdown.

Especially since for those modes it seems like that's the easier way to do things.
I'm not sure I'll bother with Countdown and Invisible, to be honest. I bet they have their fun qualities, but I'm perfectly content with slowly replaying the campaign the way it was originally intended. That being said, the fact there are certain unlockables (minor though they may be) does tempt me to try these modes. Hmm.

Neiteio

I didn't realize Leon and Chris are unlockable because I already had so many completion medals by the time I downloaded their episodes that they were unlocked from the start, lol

Hagi

Seriously? That's pretty cool I learn more about this game all the time lol

Can't wait till episode 4, playing RE4 till then

void666

Banned
I'm loving this game. The best RE in a long time. Great atmosphere.

I wasn't enjoying it at first tough. It took me some time to get used to the partner system.

I'm playing on pc with everything maxed and it looks pretty good. And it's 60 fps smooth.

Neiteio

Claire's end-game outfit and haircut...

0ScWfEN.gif

joe2187

Banned
Man I think I had to wait until like 4PM PST for the last episode to come out on PSN I hope it's not like that this week.

it will

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a heads-up, tomorrow (the 17th/18th) is when not only episode 4 comes out, but also when ResidentEvil.Net comes to Revelations 2 (which will also open up online events and online unlockables and the Online Raid Mode shop, where you use points earned from achievements in the game to earn stuff in the game), and it seems also when online co-op gets added to Raid Mode most likely.

Bonus Episode 1 & 2, known as The Struggle and Little Miss, both release a couple of days later, on the 19th/20th.

Neiteio

As a heads-up, tomorrow (the 17th/18th) is when not only episode 4 comes out, but also when ResidentEvil.Net comes to Revelations 2 (which will also open up online events and online unlockables and the Online Raid Mode shop, where you use points earned from achievements in the game to earn stuff in the game), and the it seems also when online co-op gets added to Raid Mode most likely.

Bonus Episode 1 & 2, known as The Struggle and Little Miss, both release a couple of days later, on the 19th/20th.
Ah, so the extra episodes come out later in the week. Sounds good to me, I'll be busy the next couple days.

What kind of stuff can be unlocked in the online Raid shop?

joe2187

Banned
As a heads-up, tomorrow (the 17th/18th) is when not only episode 4 comes out, but also when ResidentEvil.Net comes to Revelations 2 (which will also open up online events and online unlockables and the Online Raid Mode shop, where you use points earned from achievements in the game to earn stuff in the game), and the it seems also when online co-op gets added to Raid Mode most likely.

The page for Rev2 is up and you can view some of the unlockables and extras but they're "locked" out for now.

Dusk Golem

Link to page?

I wonder if there will be any aesthetic unlockables, i.e. costumes, etc.

https://www.residentevil.net/rev2/en/windows/o358953.html?ref=rev2-en-windows-item-index-titlemenu

The link for me at least, it is live it seems, just not public yet. And nothing cosmetic, unfortunately. You can spend 1,000 RE points to get 50,000 gold in Raid Mode, or for a Bronze Chest. When you get 200 medals in Raid, you unlock the Silver chest buy option, and 400 medals the gold chest unlock. so it's like the first Revelations where it's mostly like booster packs for weapons and parts for Raid Mode. Also, they have the online unlockable stuff and Present Codes, so may be timed weapon unlocks down the line.

They also have a few interesting stats, like kill distance, and the site seems to be hiding a few things, I say from checking the web code and currently what's displayed is limited (they only list Claire and Barry as Raid Mode characters for the moment, for example). Also shown that the online events tab isn't live yet, and the episode progress thing they have for RE6, Revelations 1, and REmaster HD. All three of those games had more game files and information on the site, like development stuff, extended files, etc., so wonder if they'll have anything like that for Revelations 2? And the unlockable dioramas are all stuff from Claire's part of episode 1, so feel there will be a bit more when it goes live.

I have a lot of RE points to spend thanks to RE6, Revelations 1, and REmaster HD (431,400 to be exact). That's a lot of Raid Gold. All items have a 99 buy cap limit, however. XD

Greenzxy

How's this game run on PC now? I was thinking going to pick it up to during the St Patrick Holiday, but I I don't know how it runs.

Dusk Golem

How's this game run on PC now? I was thinking going to pick it up to during the St Patrick Holiday, but I I don't know how it runs.

Ask in a few days. I've had my suspicions since episode 1 released that with the patch to add RE.Net Support and online to Raid Mode is also when they're going to try to fix and patch multiple things. The main thing the game needs to fix is its GPU, basically particle effects and loading is a bit borked in the game right now, areas with particle effects drop to low frame rates, and when first loading an area there's some stuttering. If they can fix that, and add online as they're doing to fix an online-related Raid issue, then the port would be fine.

XBL error? Or you accidently bought him without realising somehow. He is not part of the complete season or any pre-order bonus.

Dusk Golem

Seems S.T.A.R.S. Barry and RE2 Claire are now officially revealed thanks to the Raid Character rundown. Those outfits are also unlockable by beating the main game for the campaign.

since Im just getting this tomorrow, I havent seen anything since capcom announced it, but is PC couch co-op back in yet?

Yes it is.

I'm stuck on Claire's mission in episode 3.

Room with the second liver stuck in the spiky meat grinder thing, there's a switch you can flip to make the conveyor belt on the ceiling start moving, and there are stacks of meat. I'm stumped- anyone?

Edit: never mind, got it

NIN90

I'm stuck on Claire's mission in episode 3.

Room with the second liver stuck in the spiky meat grinder thing, there's a switch you can flip to make the conveyor belt on the ceiling start moving, and there are stacks of meat. I'm stumped- anyone?

You can make the meat fall down by shooting the hooks. I know, I spent a good 20 minutes there, too. It's rather poorly communicated

Top Bottom