• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

EDIT: So I can't replay chapters without erasing my save?
How does that affect Chapter 4 when it comes out?
Guess I just have to wait until 4 comes out to go achievement hunting?
I'm not sure "erasing my save" is the right way to put it. All of your Kafka signs, insect larva, tower medals, current ammo stocks, etc., carry over whenever you replay a chapter.

I love if you spam the Follow me command as Barry to natalia, it keeps with RE tradition. In that after awhile he'll yell at her and natalia yells right back. It's even funnier to me due to the age difference, and how sarcastic natalia sounds.

I spammed that a lot in RE6, but I haven't tried here. Will have to next time I replay episode 3.

Vamphuntr

Note it is going to online co-op for Raid only. Campaign will not have online co-op

At first I thought no campaign online coop was a design decision but after playing splitscreen with a friend I have to wonder about this. It creates a pulsing orange circle on an enemy when it is stunned by the flashlight or crowbar or highlight weakspot seen by Natalia anyway.

Neiteio

Cool, do I have to redo Barry's chapter 3 as well, or can I just do Claire's and then jump straight to chapter 4 when it comes out?
I'm not sure, but I'd do both, to be safe. I say this because in past episodes, the events in Claire's half affected the events in Barry's half.

Shauni

I'm not sure, but I'd do both, to be safe. I say this because in past episodes, the events in Claire's half affected the events in Barry's half.

You need to make sure you read the posts after that, by the way, and you need to always read the OP of a topic you post in, because this answers your question as well.

Neiteio

You need to make sure you read the posts after that, by the way, and you need to always read the OP of a topic you post in, because this answers your question as well.
Where is this addressed in the OP?

Also, on a separate note, OP mentions costumes exclusive to the retail package. Is this true? My understanding has been these are simply the costumes you can already buy separately.

Daigoro

Yeah, the PS4 version is said to have a lot of problems, too, but it's been running fine on my Xbone.

Yes.

runs like crap on mine. constant frame drops and hitches. this game runs like shit unfortunately.

im enjoying it, but performance is pretty bad.

Is cipher's katana still effective when you get to higher levels and very hard stages? I have Hunk at Level 69 and I was wondering if it is worth it for him to inherit the katana.

Neiteio

Is cipher's katana still effective when you get to higher levels and very hard stages? I have Hunk at Level 69 and I was wondering if it is worth it for him to inherit the katana.
You can kill most Revenants without even aiming. You absolutely decimate Hunters and Napads. Just about everyone succumbs quickly to the katana. The only baddie that gives me trouble with it, so far, is everyone's favorite: Scagdead. Although he still goes down more quickly than he does with guns. You just have to keep dodging back and right to avoid the active hitbox on his buzzsaw, which is obviously more likely to clip you when you're close.

One thing's for sure: The katana is superior to the knife. And when the katana skill is equipped, it replaces the knife. Very convenient! I hardly use my guns now.

You can kill most Revenants without even aiming. You absolutely decimate Hunters and Napads. Just about everyone succumbs quickly to the katana. The only baddie that gives me trouble with it, so far, is everyone's favorite: Scagdead. Although he still goes down more quickly than he does with guns. You just have to keep dodging back and right to avoid the active hitbox on his buzzsaw, which is obviously more likely to clip you when you're close.

One thing's for sure: The katana is superior to the knife. And when the katana skill is equipped, it replaces the knife. Very convenient! I hardly use my guns now.
Awesome! Thanks.

Shauni

Where is this addressed in the OP?

Also, on a separate note, OP mentions costumes exclusive to the retail package. Is this true? My understanding has been these are simply the costumes you can already buy separately.

OP said:
Wait, so does this game not have co-operative in the campaign?

Yes, it does. The campaign contains splitscreen co-operative modes, but does not allow for online play. Online play will be exclusive to Raid Mode.

I think that the costume thing is in reference to the costumes we can buy. I think at the time we didn't know they would be buyable.

Neiteio

I think that the costume thing is in reference to the costumes we can buy. I think at the time we didn't know they would be buyable.
Wait, I never asked about online play. Which is why I was confused about you telling me to look in the OP. I was answering someone's question about how save files may work when replaying past episodes.

Perhaps you quoted the wrong person?

Shauni

Wait, I never asked about online play. Which is why I was confused about you telling me to look in the OP. I was answering someone's question about how save files may work when replaying past episodes.

Perhaps you quoted the wrong person?

Yes, I did. I didn't even notice, my bad. I was meaning that toward The perfect Dark

SDCowboy

So, yeah, this may be my favorite RE ever. It's got the right combination of exploration, puzzles (though I wouldn't mind a few more) and action. Amazing game so far. Episode three was RE perfection, IMO.

Neiteio

So, yeah, this may be my favorite RE ever. It's got the right combination of exploration, puzzles (though I wouldn't mind a few more) and action. Amazing game so far. Episode three was RE perfection, IMO.
It's definitely in my Top Three. RE4 is No. 1, but RER2 is probably No. 2. Mind you, I really only like the action REs (although I respect and appreciate the old-school REs).

runs like crap on mine. constant frame drops and hitches. this game runs like shit unfortunately.

im enjoying it, but performance is pretty bad.

It really is...

I bought the Season pass on PS4, but already regret it. Bought Ep.1 on XboxOne and it's MUCH better, not to mention I don't have to listen to my PS4 scream at me because the game is seemingly poorly optimized ala Evil Within.
Seriously, Driveclub will make my PS4 just sort of audibly hum at worst whereas when I got into the forest area last night in RER2 on PS4, the fans went full throttle (turning on Barry's flashlight just exacerbated it). All of this while the framerate never hit anything about 45 or so, unless looking at a wall.

Quick question guys,whats the difference between the disc version and the episodic versions? Will the disc version ave all the trimmings aka loose dlc I'm seeing on Live or is it just a rip-off? I say this because the episodic version is just $25 and the disc version is $40. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quick question guys,whats the difference between the disc version and the episodic versions? Will the disc version ave all the trimmings aka loose dlc I'm seeing on Live or is it just a rip-off? I say this because the episodic version is just $25 and the disc version is $40. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You'll have more for the $40, I believe two extra episodes and a bunch of Raid mode characters like Wesker.

Shauni

Oh wow, I shooting the fire extinguisher reveals the invisible enemy 0_o Wait, does that mean I can do the same with the smokescreen bomb?!?!

I believe so.

This is all detailed pretty well in the OP. The retail version comes with all the episodes (4 main + 2 bonus) that you get with the season pass, as well as a quirky costume pack, Wesker for Raid Mode, and four maps for Raid Mode. I think the retail version may be a little cheaper than all of that together, but it doesn't make much of a difference. It just depends on how much what I detailed to you is worth $15 extra.

Shauni

You'll have more for the $40, I believe two extra episodes and a bunch of Raid mode characters like Wesker.

This is incorrect. You get the 2 bonus episodes for getting the $25 complete season digitally. The only exclusive Raid mode character to the retail version is Wesker. Everyone else is included in the complete season digital download.

Top Bottom