• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

SeanTSC

Can you unlock costumes or do you have to buy them?

How do you get the
katana
? (weapon spoiler)

One set is bought, there's some others that are supposed to be unlocked, but I don't think we know the exact conditions yet. Likely require beating the game for campaign, not sure about the Raid Mode versions.

The Katana is a skill that Cipher has in Raid Mode, can be passed off to other characters. Isn't really a spoiler.

One set is bought, there's some others that are supposed to be unlocked, but I don't think we know the exact conditions yet. Likely require beating the game for campaign, not sure about the Raid Mode versions.

The Katana is a skill that Cipher has in Raid Mode, can be passed off to other characters. Isn't really a spoiler.

Thanks! This game is so good. I want to play episode 2 but raid mode is so much fun!

Shauni

In regards to the costumes: The set with Rodeo Claire is $10 if you did the Complete Season Pass digitally. If you buy the retail package, they will be included for free though I'm not sure if you have to do something to unlock them or if they're just there.

Other costumes, spoiler for the sensitive:

There are alternates for Claire and Barry based on their classic look that you get for beating the game. I believe there's another alternate for Claire if you beat the game and get the good ending. The bonus episodes have different costumes for both Moira and Natalia, and I believe both are unlocked after their completion.

EDIT: And I should add while those are in-game unlocks, they do cost BP, I believe 10,000, to unlock for use.

In regards to the costumes: The set with Rodeo Claire is $10 if you did the Complete Season Pass digitally. If you buy the retail package, they will be included for free though I'm not sure if you have to do something to unlock them or if they're just there.

There are alternates for Claire and Barry based on their classic look that you get for beating the game. I believe there's another alternate for Claire if you beat the game and get the good ending. The bonus episodes have different costumes for both Moira and Natalia, and I believe both are unlocked after their completion.

EDIT: And I should add while those are in-game unlocks, they do cost BP, I believe 10,000, to unlock for use.

Nice, I bought the season pass :)

Grisby

On the menu page (ps4) I think its says that the extra episodes are out on Tuesday along with ep4.

I mean, the disc has them all I assume so it'd make sense for it to come out.

Neiteio

Well, I guess I know what gaming I'm doing the rest of the week.

- Episode 4 (default costumes)
- Episode 4 (quirky costumes — Rodeo Claire, etc)
- Episode 4, cleaning up tower medals, Kafka signs, insect larvae, etc
(At this point I will have completed three playthroughs of the game!)
- Extra Episode - The Struggle
- Extra Episode - Little Miss
- Unlock
Alex Wesker
in Raid
- Another campaign playthrough with (costume spoilers)
Sniper Claire, Rugged Moira, etc
- Unlock the post-game weapons (i.e.
the Bubble Gun
)

And maybe I'll try my hand at the Countdown and Invisible modes. I see certain unlockables are tied to them.

Cubed

Is there any way to send a letter directly to Capcom and all of us tell them this is the best RE experience since RE4?

I'm not serious about the letter, of course, but man... I love everything about this game besides the B-rated graphics and a few bland environments (both of which are just because of the budget).

The story, partner mechanic, enemy designs, and fan service in this game are top notch. Oh, and thank you for some moody atmosphere and puzzles again!!!

Neiteio

Is there any way to send a letter directly to Capcom and all of us tell them this is the best RE experience since RE4?

I'm not serious about the letter, of course, but man... I love everything about this game besides the B-rated graphics and a few bland environments (both of which are just because of the budget).

The story, partner mechanic, enemy designs, and fan service in this game are top notch. Oh, and thank you for some moody atmosphere and puzzles again!!!
I agree it's a fantastic game. My second favorite after RE4, as someone who is primarily a fan of modern-day RE.

I think the graphics are great, too. On paper, I though the environments would feel generic (prisons and such being common settings in horror films), but in practice nearly every room looks and feels unique. They packed a good amount of variety in there, and made each place feel richly detailed and "lived in." Urban decay in a Soviet setting is a fascinating backdrop, IMO.

King Boo

to distract myself from waiting for the 4th episode, i decided to try raids mode. in a few days as wesker, i managed to get over 300 medals, and the complete medal for each stage i've played. this mode is so easy thanks to his magnum mastery and the evade skill. almost level 60 and i have so many skill points that i don't know what to spend it on. although i have noticed i am running dangerously low on ammo, so maybe handgun mastery is next.

if the developers had more money to put in more melee moves, raids mode would definitely be more fun than merc mode. also i wish the music was better. ok and the graphics.

Neiteio

to distract myself from waiting for the 4th episode, i decided to try raids mode. in a few days as wesker, i managed to get over 300 medals, and the complete medal for each stage i've played. this mode is so easy thanks to his magnum mastery and the evade skill. almost level 60 and i have so many skill points that i don't know what to spend it on. although i have noticed i am running dangerously low on ammo, so maybe handgun mastery is next.

if the developers had more money to put in more melee moves, raids mode would definitely be more fun than merc mode. also i wish the music was better. ok and the graphics.
lol, the graphics in Raid are as high-budget as RE6 because most of them are straight-up -from- RE6

I agree it would've been nice to have more variety in the music. Not sure if extra melee moves are actually necessary, though.

I agree it's a fantastic game. My second favorite after RE4, as someone who is primarily a fan of modern-day RE.

I think the graphics are great, too. On paper, I though the environments would feel generic (prisons and such being common settings in horror films), but in practice nearly every room looks and feels unique. They packed a good amount of variety in there, and made each place feel richly detailed and "lived in." Urban decay in a Soviet setting is a fascinating backdrop, IMO.

LOVE the in-game models (Natalia, Claire, Moira,etc.).... DAT Capcom magic right there :)

So I just realized tonight that I had unlocked Cipher in Raid mode, and I'm trying to level him up a bit...the katana is awesome and all, but how the hell can I handle any enemies that explode without a ranged weapon? I've tried like hell to slice and back away, but I still get blown up.

Manu

So I just realized tonight that I had unlocked Cipher in Raid mode, and I'm trying to level him up a bit...the katana is awesome and all, but how the hell can I handle any enemies that explode without a ranged weapon? I've tried like hell to slice and back away, but I still get blown up.

Stun > melee > follow up

If you kill them with the melee attack or the ground follow up the explosion won't harm you.

Neiteio

Hit with the tip. The katana has surprising range. But yeah, elites are trickier.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I love the game, honestly. But by now the lack of melee is really grating. They have done a lot right here, with Rev2, but this was a massive omission. It is sorely missed.

They have dozens of animations they could have pulled from RE5/6. Dozens.

They have removed the emphasis on melee. There is no reward (unless you count the broken as shit katana) or emphasis on the melee anymore. This is a huge part of RE since RE4 and these Revelations games are missing the mark big time on this aspect.

One step forward, two steps back. I really hope they sort their shit out for RE7.

Jawmuncher

I love the game, honestly. But by now the lack of melee is really grating. They have done a lot right here, with Rev2, but this was a massive omission. It is sorely missed.

They have removed the emphasis on melee. There is no reward (unless you count the broken as shit katana) or emphasis on the melee anymore. This is a huge part of RE since RE4 and these Revelations games are missing the mark big time on this aspect.

One step forward, two steps back. I really hope they sort their shit out for RE7.

At least were at a better place than Rev 1. Granted with the way the game is set up it was ok. But man Only being able to do charged punches was depressing.

Risible

Barry can't shoot the clouds. Only Natalia can hit them, by swinging or throwing a brick. They become like puzzles at points, where you have to climb around to get the right angle, throw over a wall, etc.

Edit: Turns out we're talking about different things. My bad :).

Katana is OP as fuck. I got it with Moira and even at level 2 with a level 6 Melee Master skill it pretty much destroys everything. I can't even imagine how broken it would be with a maxed out Savor the Moment (Leon's knife buff) on top of maxed out Melee Master and a maxed out katana.

Evolved1

Katana is OP as fuck. I got it with Moira and even at level 2 with a level 6 Melee Master skill it pretty much destroys everything. I can't even imagine how broken it would be with a maxed out Savor the Moment (Leon's knife buff) on top of maxed out Melee Master and a maxed out katana.

I maxed leon's skill and gave it to moria. And then maxed it with her. And also maxed melee master. Add to that her two invincibility frame skills and then add the katana (whose damage you can buff even further) and the whole thing is just pretty stupid.

:/

A fun novelty at first, but really just another aspect of Raid that's completely broken. Raid is completely broken. You can break it a dozen ways, either through too-powerful health buffs/ skills... or the fact it is literally pay to win if someone wants it to be,

This stuff needs more thought. I like raid, but I hope RE7 gets more thought put into it.

Jawmuncher

So when you max out a skill is when you can pass it on to someone? I need to find someone with a Shotgun Skill so I can give it to hunk.

Evolved1

So when you max out a skill is when you can pass it on to someone? I need to find someone with a Shotgun Skill so I can give it to hunk.

Once maxed, you have to invest a certain amount more SP to make the skill available to the other characters, and then they must purchase the skill (as they would any other) and re-level it.

The inheritance SP price varies with each skill. Wesker's cancel is 100 SP! But most others are significantly less.

I just finished invisible and countdown modes for each episode. Kind of a pain. I enjoyed countdown a lot more. There were parts of my invisible mode run that were complete bs. And I'm pretty sure invisible is set to the hardest difficulty.

Neiteio

My current goal in Raid is to max out Moira's Melee Master skill so I can inherit it and pass it onto Claire. Then Claire will have the Samurai Sword and Melee Master skills, which should be a formidable combination. Beyond that I also maxed out her Health and Shield skills. Also working on her Shotgun and Machine Pistol skills to round things out.

If the Samurai Sword + Melee Master combo is as strong as I suspect, I might drop the two gun mastery skills and give Claire the two dodging skills Jill has. Or maybe I'll give her Leon's skill, since I already have that one nearly maxed out.

I really want to get Leon but man 20 completion medals sounds hard :(. How do you get completion medals anyways?
To get a completion medal, do the following:

- Pick a stage
- Look at the recommended level for the stage
- At the deployment screen, hit Square (on PS4) to adjust your level
- Lower your level to the recommended level for the stage
- Note: Your weapons can be any level
- Now start the stage
- Beat the stage without using any herbs
- Beat the stage defeating every enemy
- You'll know you've beat every enemy based on the enemy counter in the upper-right corner of the screen
- Note: Sometimes the exit appears before defeating every enemy. Don't leave until they're all defeated.

Do all of the above, and you'll get all five medals -- the fifth medal being the completion medal. You have to do everything in one go to get that stage's completion medal.

Twenty completion medals is quite simple since the early stages are comparatively simple. You'll have Leon soon enough. :)

Neiteio

I just finished invisible and countdown modes for each episode. Kind of a pain. I enjoyed countdown a lot more. There were parts of my invisible mode run that were complete bs. And I'm pretty sure invisible is set to the hardest difficulty.
I might try those modes after I've completed three playthroughs of the main campaign (I'm already on track for this -- I played the first three episodes a total of three times each).

How do Countdown and Invisible modes work? For example, I heard in Invisible mode that the secondary character can reveal the enemies. Does this making them visible to the primary character, or is it a matter of switching back and forth to get a reference point, like with Natalia and the Glasps?

ES8Ll9H.gif

Yup, it definitely feels like it's one character with several different skins with alot of the characters. So I'm happy having Jill, Wesker, Hunk, Leon and Chris (even though the 2 latter don't have original ground attacks) because at least that's something but the others... NAH. Won't be playing with them at all. Except Claire and Barry. And maybe
Alex

I'm sure RE7 will bring it. Even though the melee in RE6 wasn't as advanced as RE5 in some ways they still introduced alot of new mechanics that were well received.

mollipen

I believe there's another alternate for Claire if you beat the game and get the good ending.

Yeah, so... that outfit is HHHNNNGGGG.

Like, I already love that character so much in Rev2, but that outfit... oh my lord.

Ysiadmihi

Banned

I'm torn on this since I love the lack of melee options in the campaign but have gotten a bit bored by Raid mode without them.

Reebot

Any word if
the fight with uroburous Neil
shows up in raid?

Would love to have that fight on demand and in coop.

I saw some people on the last page talking about additional unlocked costumes from episode 4. I don't care about spoiling that stuff for me, it's the story I don't wanna spoil. does anyone have a link to pictures for these?

Any word if
the fight with uroburous Neil
shows up in raid?

Would love to have that fight on demand and in coop.

It's definitely possible.
Chainsaw Pedro
showed up in episode 3 raid content.

Edit: Here I am posting this forgetting that not all of us are equal and some people have already played episode 4 =/

KyleCross

Sorry if this might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if any group is scanlating the Revelations 2 tie-in manga "Heavenly Island?" I doubt we'll ever get it over here.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sorry if this might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if any group is scanlating the Revelations 2 tie-in manga "Heavenly Island?" I doubt we'll ever get it over here.

I know a group that's scanning it, but do not know any active translations going on right now.

Top Bottom