• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if worse enemies show up, but this is probably the nastiest foe I've encountered so far in Raid (click here).

Beat him on my first try, but felt like I got lucky. Definitely don't want to encounter him again...

Memory

I'm kicking ass with my katana, but the enemies still get their licks in:

residentevilrevelatio39u1u.jpg

residentevilrevelatiof5ur2.jpg

residentevilrevelatioatu1f.jpg

Lewd.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Maybe Revenant is an OK dude and just roughs people up because he needs a paycheck. After all, he has many mouths to feed...

Do you see how easily his skin just peels straight off? To the point even a thrown brick at say, his arm, will lead to the entire flesh of his arm just falling right off right then and there? Poor dude probably needs intensive surgery just to keep himself from falling apart.

Neiteio

That Revenant design is ripped straight from The Thing and I love it.
Yeah, it's great, and there's quite a variety of them, too. I give them nicknames: Mr. Pointy Arms... Mr. Baggy Pants... Mr. Splish Splash.

And then within each type, you have different details, like some have serrated saws for hands, while others have exposed rebar. Sometimes those details are on their feet instead of their hands.

They really feel like they were cobbled together from random bits and pieces by some crazy witch-like hag. ;-)

GSR

Disappointed to hear the Raid Mode patch won't be out until the end of the month. That's the best shot at Capcom fixing the PC performance issues, and while I enjoyed ep 1, I'd enjoy it a lot more if it didn't have stuttering all over the place and the occasional slideshow.

Almost tempted to jump ship to the XB1 version, since all I've played so far is episode 1.

SeanTSC

Update History says:

Version 1.01
-Added connectivity for Resident Evil.net.
-Fixed various issues and improved stability.

I shall go check out the worst Barry section. Ep 1 is where it's most immediately noticeable. Would be nice to get another FPS analysis done though.

By the time this game gets RE.net support and online, I will be more than done with it. Already have characters at level 100 and they are killing machines, I have zero incentive to keep playing raid mode.

Neiteio

Online co-op will be good for finding someone to take on Code Red.

Lv. 100 characters might as well be Lv. 1 in that mode, from the sounds of it.

SeanTSC

Just got to the Dark Forest in Chapter 1 on Barry to check it out. It definitely does not chug like it used to on the PS4. Running around in it now.

I want to say that something feels "different" about the Lighting in the game too, but I can't be sure. I just immediately felt like something was off.

Neiteio

Just got to the Dark Forest in Chapter 1 on Barry to check it out. It definitely does not chug like it used to on the PS4. Running around in it now.

I want to say that something feels "different" about the Lighting in the game too, but I can't be sure. I just immediately felt like something was off.
Oh no, did they nerf the lighting to improve the framerate?

I was happy with the framerate, so I'd rather they not dial down settings. :-\

SeanTSC

Oh no, did they nerf the lighting to improve the framerate?

I was happy with the framerate, so I'd rather they not dial down settings. :-\

I don't think they nerfed it. Could just all be in my head. The Prison on Barry's side was a lot darker than I remember it being. Maybe I just played Claire's side too much and didn't pay attention to Barry's lighting before.

SeanTSC

Other things I noticed: Slight hitching when the little "saving" icon popped up. May be related to Uploading Data to Resident Evil.net. Definitely was *not* there before.

And RE.net says I'm synced, but doesn't show any of my single player data. Just time played: 91 hours, 21 minutes. Might not show up for a while though? Unsure.

Neiteio

I don't think they nerfed it. Could just all be in my head. The Prison on Barry's side was a lot darker than I remember it being. Maybe I just played Claire's side too much and didn't pay attention to Barry's lighting before.

Other things I noticed: Slight hitching when the little "saving" icon popped up. May be related to Uploading Data to Resident Evil.net. Definitely was *not* there before.

And RE.net says I'm synced, but doesn't show any of my single player data. Just time played: 91 hours, 21 minutes. Might not show up for a while though? Unsure.
Hmm, I think I've noticed a slight hitching during saving before. I'm not sure that's anything new.

SeanTSC

Hmm, I think I've noticed a slight hitching during saving before. I'm not sure that's anything new.

I didn't, but I don't have a stock HDD in mine which helps with those things in some games. Maybe I wasn't sensitive to it before, but I am now that I'm looking for things?

Played through Barry's Episode 1. Overall the framerate felt better, for sure. It felt like a solid 60 outside of the Dark Forest and I didn't feel like it dropped to 30 in there anymore. It didn't feel like a solid 60, but the XB1 version isn't a solid 60 in there either.

AdaWong

Hopefully modders mine the data for the new update to see if any new models have been added. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I didn't, but I don't have a stock HDD in mine which helps with those things in some games. Maybe I wasn't sensitive to it before, but I am now that I'm looking for things?

Played through Barry's Episode 1. Overall the framerate felt better, for sure. It felt like a solid 60 outside of the Dark Forest and I didn't feel like it dropped to 30 in there anymore. It didn't feel like a solid 60, but the XB1 version isn't a solid 60 in there either.

Wooo!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
No story spoilers, but all unlockable spoilers. For anyone who wants all the campaign unlockables, here they are:

For beating the game on any difficulty, you get:
-S.T.A.R.S. Barry Costume
-RE2 Claire Costume
-Chicago Typewriter (Weapon)
-Classic Horror Screen Effect

For beating the game on Normal difficulty or above, you get:
-Crossbow (Weapon)

For beating the game on Survival Difficulty, you get:
-Meat Grinder (Weapon)
-No Escape Difficulty

For beating the game on No Escape Difficulty, you get:
-Infinite ammo for all weapons

For getting the Good Ending, you get:
-Sniper Claire Costume

If you clear the campaign in under 3 hours, you get:
-Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher (Weapon)

For getting all S-Ranks on Normal, you get:
-Short Sword (Weapon)
-Sepia Toned Screen Effect

For getting all S-Ranks on Survival difficulty, you get:
-Comic Noir Screen Effect

For getting all S-Ranks on No Escape difficulty, you get:
-Cursed Video Screen Effect

For getting all S-Ranks on all difficulties (without using EX weapons), you get:
-Black & White Screen Effect

For completing all Countdown Missions, you get:
-Bubble Gun (Weapon)

For completing all Invisible Enemy Missions, you get:
-Katana (Weapon)

I remember all the complaints a while ago pre-release on this game when the DLC was revealed about how games have no unlockables anymore and all DLC and all that. This game is packed with a surprising amount of content, I must say.

SeanTSC

No story spoilers, but all unlockable spoilers. For anyone who wants all the campaign unlockables, here they are:

...snip

I remember all the complaints a while ago about how games have no unlockables anymore and all DLC and all that. This game is packed with a surprising amount of content, I must say.

Nice Dusk, I've got S Rank on every difficulty + Invisible and Countdown modes atm. Should easily be able to get the Time requirements too.

Have 2:22'43 for Casual, 2:42'05 for Normal, and 2:36'12 for Survival. Might have to shave some time off the Normal run. Could easily shave +10 minutes off my Barry times for Normal and Survival in Episode 1 heh.

Neiteio

And this is why Raid mode sucks.

*Long live Mercs*
Mercs is over even sooner than Raid, breh. But really, it's OK to love both.

Also, once Episode 4 is out, we'll be able to challenge the boss of Raid -- and at that point the game goes into Code Red, where all of the missions are remixed and much harder, providing a substantial challenge even for lv. 100s.

So yeah. We're not even halfway through all Raid has to offer.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Just finished the game (EDIT: to be more clear, the 4 episodes). I really enjoyed it all. Even though I'm not really a fan of this series, I've played the old ones but only finished 5 and 6.

But something bothered me about the ending:
Uhmm was that a cliffhanger? Are we expecting more episodes at some point? Or are they going to continue this in RE7?

And why did Barry come to the island looking for his daughter even though Claire told him she couldn't save her?

Neiteio

Just finished the game. I really enjoyed it all. Even though I'm not really a fan of this series, I've played the old ones but only finished 5 and 6.

But something bothered me about the ending:
Uhmm was that a cliffhanger? Are we expecting more episodes at some point? Or are they going to continue this in RE7?

And why did Barry come to the island looking for his daughter even though Claire told him she couldn't save her?
We're talking about all of this in the spoiler thread. Exciting times ahead for the series. :D

Top Bottom