• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Ricker

For the new page — HOW THE ENDINGS WORK (NO SPOILERS): Click here

Stealth is simple but fun, imo. Satisfying when I can stealth-kill a revenant, rather than wasting bullets or fire bombs. Very fast and smooth.

Yeah I didnt mind in the campaign with Barry,like you said,It saved some bullets but this Moira extra episode is not fun at all,because of the timer and the ration constraint IMHO...

Neiteio

Yeah I didnt mind in the campaign with Barry,like you said,It saved some bullets but this Moira extra episode is not fun at all,because of the timer and the ration constraint IMHO...
Oh, I know what you're talking about now. The fishing village, right?

Did you know you can skip that part? Just head straight for the exit. From where you start, go forward and stick to the left until you find the path leading back up into the woods.

There are a lot of supplies in the fishing village... But if you can't deal with the revenants, who in turn waste your supplies anyways (and risk wasting your rations), I'd recommend just heading for the exit.

Then, in the subsequent stage, just make liberal use of your crowbar. Save most of your ammo for the multiple tentacle-armor guys at the end. (Although if worse comes to worse, those guys can be crowbarred, as well -- that's how I beat it)

Hm, I don't know then. It could be glitched, but I've not heard of another case like this as of yet.
I think I might know why I'm not earning the medal.
Natalia can't take damage either right? I didn't think of that. The second time I tried to get it I beat her really quick but she might have gotten a swipe in on Natalia

Neiteio

I might cry come Tuesday when there's no new episode.
i_hug_that_feel.png

I didnt even get any after credits sequence...I wonder if its because I skipped the credits or because I got the ''hey congratulations beating the game,here is your worst ending reward....nothing.

I don't know, I got the good end the first try, but wow I thought something was off with her in the chopper @_@

ArjanN

I didnt even get any after credits sequence...I wonder if its because I skipped the credits or because I got the ''hey congratulations beating the game,here is your worst ending reward....nothing.

The after-the-credits stinger builds on the good ending, it wouldn't make sense after the bad ending.

Zambatoh

Damn. The new patch update rocks. I ran the exploding factory without a single dip in performance. I haven't encountered any significant stuttering either. Well except for when I enter a new area, but it's not as noticeable as it was before.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn. The new patch update rocks. I ran the exploding factory without a single dip in performance. I haven't encountered any significant stuttering either. Well except for when I enter a new area, but it's not as noticeable as it was before.

They patched on PS4? Held off playing until some of the visual issues and bugs from weeks ago were ironed out. Is this the case now?

heringer

Couple of questions:

1 - If Claire (or Barry) is hurt by the end of the section, will they start the next episode hurt?
2 - Recommendations on skills? Most seem very marginal upgrades.

Shauni

Couple of questions:

1 - If Claire (or Barry) is hurt by the end of the section, will they start the next episode hurt?

1: No, I don't believe so.
2: Hurler and the skill that allows Claire/Barry to shot and perform follow-ups when they are the AI. Depending on what difficultly level, you'll probably want to get the herb upgrade. Also, upgrading the crowbar and brick level will come in handy later on. Those are the ones I'd focus on.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Couple of questions:

1) Many things do carry over, but I believe each episode starts at full health.

2) I liked having Moira's flashlight and crowbar upgraded. Natalia's sight, too. Giving Barry/Claire a follow-up attack also worked for me. Upgrading bottles is pretty important IMO.

Holy shit! I had no idea that even existed. Here it is, for those interested (Spoilers, obviously )https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaUKdy6DNp8

I guess there's a lot more secrets to this game lol, as it should have.

Moira's Light and Natalia's awareness is pretty good, especially the latter.

I use alot of melee so follow-up attacks and charged melee are good investments.

You can't go wrong with evasion and surviving killing blows. Quicker healing is a life saver in chaotic situations, as well as partner healing distance.

If you're playing solo, definitely get the skill to let your AI partner shoot their weapon, don't worry it doesn't take up ammo.

Thanks guys!

Haven't noticed any skill that upgrades bottles though!

It's the throwing weapon damage skill.

Shauni

1) Many things do carry over, but I believe each episode starts at full health.

2) I liked having Moira's flashlight and crowbar upgraded. Natalia's sight, too. Giving Barry/Claire a follow-up attack also worked for me. Upgrading bottles is pretty important IMO.

Oh yeah, upgrading Moira's flashlight is a good one, too. I honestly didn't find Natalia's sight upgrades all that helpful really.

Locust

Is it seriously not possible to play local coop with kbm+controller on PC? I'd like to level other characters while I finish off the normal/hard mode gauntlets but it refuses to let me use anything but 2 controllers.

kamineko

Oh yeah, upgrading Moira's flashlight is a good one, too. I honestly didn't find Natalia's sight upgrades all that helpful really.

You could be right. I prioritized upgrading Natalia's and Moira's abilities so I don't have a good sense of before and after.

I just did the struggle, awesome!!!! This is what raid mode should have been, a progression based mode not arenas. This is a great extra mode, totally brings back memories of the great extra modes of old RE.

Neff

Well I beat it.

So much better than Revelations 1 it isn't funny. Better design, combat, environments (although if the entirety of R1 was set on the Zenobia then that might take it), characters, story, puzzles (ie it had some)... just so, so much better in every regard. Still close to the bottom of the pile in the RE tiering, but I think the developers deserve a lot of credit for doing a lot with obviously very little. The low budget and heavy recycling (even literally from older RE titles in cases) didn't harm the experience, and it managed to be varied and interesting throughout. Overall I really enjoyed the game, much more than I thought I would considering my low expectations post-Revelations 1, and I look forward to playing through it again soon.

Got the shit ending though apparently.

+

RE (1996)
RE4
RE2
RE (2002)
RE6
RECV
The Evil Within
RE5
RE0
RE3
Revelations 2
Revelations

-

I only started playing the game and in reading this thread, is the general consensus that this game far exceeded everyone's expectations? That's what it seems like as I'm skimming through this thread.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I only started playing the game and in reading this thread, is the general consensus that this game far exceeded everyone's expectations? That's what it seems like as I'm skimming through this thread.

Very much so, Claire's episode 1 is okay, Barry's is better, but it gets better with each episode, with episodes 3 and 4 being most people's favorite.

Locust

I think I had my fill of raid mode. Even Code Red is a bore and I just keep thinking all the time that I could be playing a better game. :v

kamineko

So I asked the other day but maybe a couple more days have yielded more data. For those playing code red, how are the drops? I've only found rare crap (& I mean crap) so far. Like 4 fire rate mods, that kind of thing. When do the level 100 guns start appearing?

Haha, that's pretty awesome!

True, a good summary, but I was disappointed that I didn't make the cut. I gotta up my game.

EDIT
Does anybody else feel like Rev1 had a better campaign but Rev2 did literally everything else better. That's how I feel right now.

In terms of story? No, I thought REV2 was better. REV2 started off promising and got better from there. By then end it just steamrolled REV1 IMO. Both endings were lore-rich and felt impactful. The callbacks/fan service really worked for me, too.

I say that as a guy that enjoyed the characters of REV1 way more than seems typical.

Neiteio

I'm leveling up Jill, my secondary, trying to max out her evade extension so I can give it to Claire.

I cropped this from a shot I took in Raid — Hunters checkin' dat ass:

rer2-datjill01gkyl1.jpg

kamineko

lol, share your thoughts and I'll add you

I said this after episode 3, but it best sums up my experience

Finally finished the episode, & man, this is the Resident Evil game that I've needed. I've been close to walking away from the franchise the past couple of years, but this has been such a surprise. Exploration, light puzzles, different ways to approach stuff, a story I'm actually interested in... even running out of inventory space (stupid unstackable cloth).

Feels great to be excited about Resident Evil, man.

Regarding Jill, she is my main. I love her evasion stuff. You evade back twice and you have enough distance to pull out the rifle. It's ridiculous

Astral Dog

Well I beat it.

So much better than Revelations 1 it isn't funny. Better design, combat, environments (although if the entirety of R1 was set on the Zenobia then that might take it), characters, story, puzzles (ie it had some)... just so, so much better in every regard. Still close to the bottom of the pile in the RE tiering, but I think the developers deserve a lot of credit for doing a lot with obviously very little. The low budget and heavy recycling (even literally from older RE titles in cases) didn't harm the experience, and it managed to be varied and interesting throughout. Overall I really enjoyed the game, much more than I thought I would considering my low expectations post-Revelations 1, and I look forward to playing through it again soon.

Got the shit ending though apparently.

-
Why REV 2 so low?

damn, that ep 2 cliffhanger. Thank fuck I can continue tomorrow right away.
It's funny how many things it has in common with Evil Within, except it does everything better. Still on its way to best modern RE.

Neiteio

damn, that ep 2 cliffhanger. Thank fuck I can continue tomorrow right away.
It's funny how many things it has in common with Evil Within, except it does everything better. Still on its way to best modern RE.
I'm confident RER2 will be by far and away your favorite modern RE.

Just know that Claire's Episode 4 is short... but it factors into Barry's immense Episode 4.

And when Claire is pinned by the boss at the end of Episode 3, SWITCH TO MOIRA AND CRAWL FORWARD. Trust me. Don't have Claire do anything.

This will put you on track for the good ending, and you want the good ending.

klee123

Yeah, I do agree that after being disappointed with Revelations 1, I was really surprised with how much I actually enjoyed the campaign of Rev 2.

I won't go so far to say that it's the best RE since RE4(I still enjoyed 5), but it's definitely one of the better modern RE games.

Hats off to the dev team for proving me wrong that the current Capcom can't do a great Resident Evil game.

kamineko

Added you!

Now then...

Little Miss is weird:

Yeah, I don't think it worked for some folks but LM does a great job of helping the player visualize a pretty damned abstract situation. I loved the mood/vibe of the whole thing. I think it does a better job of adding to our understanding of the story than does "The Struggle."

Though I guess we do know that
Moira isn't just competent; she's a total badass
now

Neiteio

Yeah, I don't think it worked for some folks but LM does a great job of helping the player visualize a pretty damned abstract situation. I loved the mood/vibe of the whole thing. I think it does a better job of adding to our understanding of the story than does "The Struggle."

Though I guess we do know that
Moira isn't just competent; she's a total badass
now
The best part about The Struggle (aside from being challenging and fun as hell), is it really goes a long way to show how much Moira loves her dad. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say. Her love for her dad is what ends up getting her so far. And her relationship with Evgeny, and even her feeling bad about the animals she needs to hunt... Along with how she takes care of Natalia and her sister-like relationship with Claire, it's clear that even with the foul mouth, Moira has a heart of gold — just like her dad. :-3

Can't decide who should be my new main now that I abandoned impostor Jill.

Claire - Love her new design and her voice. So good and raw and real. Love her melee moves and
Sniper
Claire is my favorite costume of hers and then default. Can't say I care for her RE2 costume though or the Rodeo.

Leon - Always had a soft spot for this guy and always liked his character. And I played alot as Leon in Mercs 6. Plus I can't wait for pair him up with Claire in Raid Mode. Gimme dat online patch right now. He's always really fun to play with and I like his voice.

Chris - Yas, papi! Love his new commands "I owe you one" sent me back to RE5 Jill/Sheva (1:04). Same with Leon, I've always liked Chris but since he's been in so many games recently I don't really see myself playing with him (tehee) that much. Another character I really liked in Mercs 6.

HUNK - Where's Lady Hunk doe? I really like his skills and melee is cool af. I really enjoyed him in Rev1 but I don't know there's something kinda boring about him.

Wesker - Another one I'm considering alot. But maybe I'm bias because he's RE5. Though I enjoy his cuntness and commands. Wish his regular melee was different but I do like his ground finisher and him overall.

Barry - Hmm... there's something off about Mr Burton in this game but I don't really know what? Maybe I just miss his old voice or miss his melee from RE5 Mercs Reunion. I also consider his melee boring now that every other (story) male in this game have it. Though that STARS costume. Hnnnng.

I'm considering
Alex
, because she's a bitch and Gina as well because her commands are so stupid and she's basically Rachael 2.0 but the fact that they have no originality whatsoever in melee is just offputting to me. Same with Moira even though I gave her the katana.

I really don't care for the others and I'm hoping for other DLC characters. Give me Sheva, Piers, Helena, Rebecca... even Ada and my life is complete.

Ricker

I just did the struggle, awesome!!!! This is what raid mode should have been, a progression based mode not arenas. This is a great extra mode, totally brings back memories of the great extra modes of old RE.

I disagree and I have explained why a few times...to each his own I guess...let me start at each progression at least and get rid of the useless time constraints and the stupid rations...

Neiteio

I disagree and I have explained why a few times...to each his own I guess...let me start at each progression at least and get rid of the useless time constraints and the stupid rations...
Gathering rations within time limits is kind of the point to The Struggle. :/

Top Bottom