• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Episode one is now available on steam.
I preloaded it earlier today and it won't unlock now. I keep getting the message "An error occured while updated Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 (content still encrypted)". I tried quitting and restarting Steam, but nada. >_<

Oh, well that totally cool then man. I don't know how, maybe beat it first? An extra reward that you have to unlock from the extras menu?

Well it's part of the catalog pack DLC, which I downloaded, so it should all be there. Nothing is showing up in raid mode either, the pack comes with Hunk and Wesker but they don't appear for me. Maybe the download screwed up, and that already crossed my mind but I'm not sure how to delete the DLC and reinstall it.

LUXURY

Game is generic. I mean it's everything I expected. Cheap looking, silly voice acting. Reminds me somewhat of six, maybe a tad better. Claire model is still just disastrous to me.

Last night I played Claire's part, and tonight I just finished Barry's part. I enjoyed the action and tension during Claire's segment, it was just more fun to play, reminded me a bit of Resident Evil 5 which I had a lot of fun playing. Barry was fun too, just not as much. Having to be more stealthy, and slow paced was kinda frustrating.

So far though I'm digging this. You can tell that it's lower budget in some spots, but that's part of what gives Resident Evil it's appeal I think. It's not the best looking game out there, but it's still a good looking game I think, and it ran nice on PS4.

Looking forward to episode 2.

Grisby

Well it's part of the catalog pack DLC, which I downloaded, so it should all be there. Nothing is showing up in raid mode either, the pack comes with Hunk and Wesker but they don't appear for me. Maybe the download screwed up, and that already crossed my mind but I'm not sure how to delete the DLC and reinstall it.
Well, I just downloaded the compatibility pack and I'm not seeing anything in raid mode either. No Wesker or anything of that sort.

Capcom probably fucked us.

On a serious note, does anyone here that bought the season stuff actually have the dlc? I'm seeing it in the store, which is adding some insult to the injury here.

Well, I just downloaded the compatibility pack and I'm not seeing anything in raid mode either. No Wesker or anything of that sort.

I figured it out. It's in the wording. The compatibility pack literally means just that-- downloading this pack is required to access all of the DLC it mentions in the description, from the costumes to the map packs and raid mode characters. So basically if you buy Claire's rodeo costume, and don't have the compatibility pack installed, it won't work.

Grisby

I figured it out. It's in the wording. The compatibility pack literally means just that-- downloading this pack is required to access all of the DLC it mentions in the description, from the costumes to the map packs and raid mode characters. So basically if you buy Claire's rodeo costume, and don't have the compatibility pack installed, it won't work.
Ok, so what to do then? Redownload the game or something? All that stuff comes with the $25 dollar version right?

Airgetlam

Just finished episode 1 and I have to say, it ain't too shabby. The graphics aren't amazing by any means but it runs smoothly most of the time. I mean for six bucks I could have done a lot worse. I'm sort of enjoying the fact that it comes in once a week, the little teasers at the end for the next episode are kind of amusing.

Don't see Hunk and I bought Wesker and still don't see him. There's a compatibility pack we need somewhere, or is Capcom being Capcom again?

Ok, so what to do then? Redownload the game or something? All that stuff comes with the $25 dollar version right?

Nope, it's just DLC that you have to download first before you can use purchased DLC. Basically if I buy a costume, I can't use it until after the compatibility pack is installed. Yeah, I know. lol.

Grisby

Nope, it's just DLC that you have to download first before you can use purchased DLC. Basically if I buy a costume, I can't use it until after the compatibility pack is installed. Yeah, I know. lol.
Right I get that, but the dlc prices arent listed as free or anything so I guess we have to wait for Capcom to fix it.

I mean, from the OT you're supposed to get:
There are additional pieces of content that will only be usable by those who purchase the complete season and/or the retail package.

Playable HUNK in Raid Mode is exclusive to purchasers of the Complete Season and Retail Package
Playable Wesker in Raid Mode is exclusive to purchasers of the Retail Package.
"Throwback" Raid Mode Map Pack is exclusive to purchasers of the Retail Package.
4 Alternate Costumes are exclusive to purchasers of the Retail Package

And they're still showing up to 'buy' in the store even though I bought the full season deal.

I see. Well, it does say the costumes are exclusive to the retail package, I guess that means the physical version?

Man I don't know why they have to make this shit so god damn complicated. DLC needs to just completely fuck off but I guess we're part of the problem.

B-qtUAeW8AIpWM4.jpg:large

I loved Resident Evil 5 Wesker, Midnight Wesker was cool, too bad we didn't get the trench coat though.

Hoping we get his S.T.A.R.S costume.

Did the opening cut scene act weird for anyone else on PC? Video was like in slow motion but audio continued on a normal pace.

The only "slow" part I got was the very end but I think that was for the drama...the actual intro itself gave me 0 issues. All I had time for tonight was just to get past that and set up the graphics options.

Wow, I must have spent like five hours messing around wit this today. Played Claire's part twice, Barry's once, and then a bunch of Raid Mode. All very fun. Already feel like it was well worth the $ 25, assuming it doesn't all go to shit in future eps.

The nighttime outdoor area in Barry's mission looks a lot like the first outdoor area in The Evil Within.

Really dig this- hope it does well for Capcom. We need more mid-tier games by major publishers that look good but not great and run well. More of this please!

Corpekata

Banned
PC port seems a bit weird. It has support for more than 60hz but there's pretty bad camera judder above 60hz / 60 fps. Also the game uses a crazy amount of CPU, frequently pinging all 4 cores at 100 percent.

For the last hour raid mode would freeze up on me on the loading screen. I couldnt even start the mode. I finally signed out of PSN and that let me get in. Anyone experience this. It was stoppig me from playing as wesker. :(

Elija2

Oh man, the PC version is running terribly for me. Even with all the graphics settings at their lowest I still get huge framerate drops and stuttering. I could run RE6 perfectly fine and this game is supposed to be less demanding. I hope they fix it soon because right now it's unplayable for me. :(

Oh man, the PC version is running terribly for me. Even with all the graphics settings at their lowest I still get huge framerate drops and stuttering. I could run RE6 perfectly fine and this game is supposed to be less demanding. I hope they fix it soon because right now it's unplayable for me. :(
Yeah, pretty much everyone at Steam discussion board are saying the same thing.

Vamphuntr

I have everything maxed and it runs great for me. GTX 970, i-4790k 16 Gb ram

Corpekata

Banned
For those with locked FPS, when it gives you the Character switch tutorial to use Moira's flashlight, does it drop when you zoom in on it? That seems to be the most reproducable drop for me, no matter the settings. 970, 3570k at 1440p.

Vamphuntr

For those with locked FPS, when it gives you the Character switch tutorial to use Moira's flashlight, does it drop when you zoom in on it?

Nope. I don't experience have any slowdown or anything. I'm using the flashlight all the time to find items. What's your specs?

With everything maxed out it refuses to drop frame so far.

It's fine for a minute but then next minute the framerate goes apeshit. People with similar spec as yours are also having a similar problem.

I've played for an hour so far with no issue...

Elija2

Yeah, pretty much everyone at Steam discussion board are saying the same thing.

Geez, what a bummer. I think I heard someone say that they got different developers working on this PC version than their usual team, so maybe that explains why this PC version sucks right now. My laptop isn't exactly a powerhouse but it ran RE6 just fine and the system requirements for this game were a bit lower so it shouldn't be running this bad.

Oh well, it seems like a common issue so hopefully they fix it soon.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm confused, so you're able to get Wesker now? Did they lock anything to the retail version or can you get it all now?

Corpekata

Banned
Nope. I don't experience have any slowdown or anything. I'm using the flashlight all the time to find items. What's your specs?

With everything maxed out it refuses to drop frame so far.

I've played for an hour so far with no issue...

Nearly the same as yours, edited in. How much GPU memory / CPU is the game using for you? I suspect the issue is caused by whatever is causing the game to eat up so much CPU.

StewboaT_

Just finished episode 1 and I have to say, it ain't too shabby. The graphics aren't amazing by any means but it runs smoothly most of the time. I mean for six bucks I could have done a lot worse. I'm sort of enjoying the fact that it comes in once a week, the little teasers at the end for the next episode are kind of amusing.
I agree with with this man.

Top Bottom