• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

finley83

Banned
Pretty cool that they're adding split screen for the PC version. Was worried theyd just give out some garbage weapon DLC or something.

KainXVIII

Capcom has done good work in the past fixing up their PC versions. They're actually a fairly confident PC company compared to many Japanese developers, honestly.

Don't know, they still not fixed RE: Remaster (leaderboard hangs, game sometimes crash when quit)

Jesus fuck on a stick, the Knife Only trophy is bullshit. Took me 8 tries to get it. Followed the PSTrophies guide, banked all my guns, never left the secondary characters do anything, but it still refused to trigger. Finally ran through it just skipping most of the enemies and making sure to never, ever do an R2-Prompt attack (even though the guide said it was okay to do, bullshit) and got it.
Wow. Same thing for me. Did it twice, but no luck. 2nd time I was doing R2 prompts because PS3T said it was ok but nothing. I guess I'll just run past everything next attempt.

RankFTW

Unconfirmed Member
Think I got a bug where you have to use the crane to smash down the gate; there is no way to access the power room.

Have you had a quick peek at the main gate?

I've tried to get the knife only episode 1 achievement 3 times now and it won't unlock, that last time I'm 100% sure my companions done nothing to mess with me >.<

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wow. Same thing for me. Did it twice, but no luck. 2nd time I was doing R2 prompts because PS3T said it was ok but nothing. I guess I'll just run past everything next attempt.

Um dude, didn't we get it last night though? Lol am I mis-remembering? omg... lol what did we actually do then?

I don't like the arena style Raid Mode stages, where enemies can come at you from all directions. It reminds me of Mercenaries, which I never liked because that always stressed me out too much. I prefer the levels where you just have to make it from point A to point B and kill everything along the way.

I encountered a bug today that denied Claire and Moira from picking up key items such as keys as well as secondary weapons. The game implied that my inventory for those item were full, even though I never picked them up beforehand in the episode.

Tried resetting the episode to the nearest checkpoint, yet the game still presented the bug. Finally, I swapped characters while the other one was trying to pick up the needed item and the game finally fixed itself to recognize that the item was needed, and therefore obtainable.

I seriously hope that I don't encounter this bug again in later episodes. Ugh

I don't like the arena style Raid Mode stages, where enemies can come at you from all directions. It reminds me of Mercenaries, which I never liked because that always stressed me out too much. I prefer the levels where you just have to make it from point A to point B and kill everything along the way.

Still beats Mercenaries because you don't have to get the stupid timers.

Grisby

Went back and got all the collectables. When you know what to do and your just running from point to point the time flys by. True for any game but man can you whip through episode 1.

Finally started to sweat a bit in Raid mode as well. Took on a lvl26 mission on that ice map that is filled to the brim with Hunters. Got a lvl30 magnum with an attachment though so it worked out.

RankFTW

Unconfirmed Member
I encountered a bug today that denied Claire and Moira from picking up key items such as keys as well as secondary weapons. The game implied that my inventory for those item were full, even though I never picked them up beforehand in the episode.

Tried resetting the episode to the nearest checkpoint, yet the game still presented the bug. Finally, I swapped characters while the other one was trying to pick up the needed item and the game finally fixed itself to recognize that the item was needed, and therefore obtainable.

Your inventory is full, drop a stack of ammo or something.

Seyavesh

Your inventory is full, drop a stack of ammo or something.

correct, key items actually take up inventory space again which is.. an interesting touch? i really wonder if it'll come into play later or not in terms of inventory/item management though i doubt it given how much you can carry between your two characters

Neiteio

This situation with Capcom effectively stealing $5 from every NA player who bought the Throwback Pack is practically a class action lawsuit, just waiting to happen

AdaWong

The bug where the game won't let you acquire any more items is actually not that rare, sadly.

Neiteio

Game runs well on PS4. Looks 60 fps most of the time, in interior environments, anyways. Kind of hard for me to gauge the framerate during the bits in the woods at night, but I wouldn't be surprised if the framerate was running between 30 and 60 at that point. A lot of foliage, fog and lighting effects.

So it runs well. But I really want my Throwback Pack, Capcom. I spent $5 on it. I just don't want to feel like I lost $5. So I really want them to patch it so that I can access the content that I bought. Eager to play the Zenobia level.

Cubed

So, when they first teased that this game would have an "overseer" I actually thought it would be a good way to go back to fixed camera angles. I think the option should at least be there. I mean you are being watched by someone room to room by cameras, it seems to write itself. There could even be cameras outside, around the perimeter. It gives a storyline purpose to use the Classic RE format.

Maybe they can use this device for a future game and either use fixed camera angles. Or at least give you an option for over-the-shoulder or fixed.

FaintDeftone

So I'm playing this on PC and can't find any info on it. How can I play Raid Mode online? Do you have to unlock it? It isn't very fun solo...

EDIT: never mind, it isn't out yet.

Game runs well on PS4. Looks 60 fps most of the time, in interior environments, anyways. Kind of hard for me to gauge the framerate during the bits in the woods at night, but I wouldn't be surprised if the framerate was running between 30 and 60 at that point. A lot of foliage, fog and lighting effects.

So it runs well. But I really want my Throwback Pack, Capcom. I spent $5 on it. I just don't want to feel like I lost $5. So I really want them to patch it so that I can access the content that I bought. Eager to play the Zenobia level.

Are they even aware of the problem?

AdaWong

What are the chances this is gonna be cross buy with the vita version? Wondering if I should jump in now on PS4 or hold out

Really doubtful. The port is being handled by Sony. If you want to get it for Vita, you should probably hold out. It's been confirmed recently that it will come out this Spring.

News Bot

Banned
I want to know which it was written in first. I know the English dub is probably the "canon" dub as it usually is for the RE series, but the Japanese dialogue is usually written first, which would make it representative of the original script.

The Japanese script is the default canon in this series. It's usually written first but it was the opposite for REV2. Despite coming later, the Japanese script is still the "canon" one.

The English scripts generally make absolutely no sense when you actually look at them.

Seyavesh

Do you guys recommend getting this game? I'm thinking about getting the physical version on March 17th

ask after all the episodes are released

it's hard to tell at the moment as there's a lot of potential and interesting design stuff that may or may not be explored/followed up on. remember we only have like basically the tutorial/intro so far, not even the meat of the game

ask after all the episodes are released

it's hard to tell at the moment as there's a lot of potential and interesting design stuff that may or may not be explored/followed up on. remember we only have like basically the tutorial/intro so far, not even the meat of the game
Did you like the first episode?

correct, key items actually take up inventory space again which is.. an interesting touch? i really wonder if it'll come into play later or not in terms of inventory/item management though i doubt it given how much you can carry between your two characters

I've also noticed that you can instantly use herbs while in the inventory screen like in the old games.

Agreed. Mostly because things are always spawning on top of you.

The arenas in Revelations 1 Raid were way worse though, remember fighting cloaked hunters + wolves in the one with the shipping containers? God, that sucked.

Seyavesh

Did you like the first episode?

sure, it's got a return to classic style RE 'one big area that you explore to find items to advance with' level design instead of point-to-point shooting alongside decent feeling combat (in terms of mechanics and enemy design).
the balance in terms of good play/resource usage and the combat system helps to serve to add proper tension to the game rather than removing it or making it irritating it via oversupplying or under-supplying of ammunition and enemy health.

the thing is since it's the first section of the game, it's hard to tell how they'll expand on these to create an interesting gameplay scenario. like barry's scenario is already generally focused towards being a simple point a to point b affair, but the gimmicks of the individual areas were still decent enough to overshadow that design- the combined gameplay gimmick and atmosphere gimmicks worked well enough for an intro section

based on what i've seen from the 4 spoiled enemies in raid mode alongside the other general gimmicks found in it, there's a real chance that the campaign could continue in pretty interesting gameplay and atmosphere directions but it's hard to ignore the potential for disaster too.

my personal downsides are that the texturework is kinda poor and a very distinct lack of goring re: enemies, which are most likely due to limitations put on by the development for the vita version. well, that and how raid mode's higher difficulty settings don't have new layouts for enemies (which is actually the biggest disappointment to me)

also you have to consider i have pretty weird tastes i guess

edit: also "yeah, but it's only $25"
if the game actually turns out to be pretty good as a whole package i'm gonna be kinda bummed out that it's a budget title

Top Bottom