• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
EPILOGUE

*Claire lying in bed, suggestively covering her naughty bits with the bedsheet*

Claire: "Albert, honey, little Marcus is asleep, are you coming to bed?"

Wesker: "Seven minutes... seven minutes is all I have to play with you."

LOL @ Moira

EDIT: "Seven minutes is all I have to play with you," haha

Turns out Albert's and Claire's baby is Jake, who just comes out as a full-grown adult to explain away his age. RE6 is given special importance as Jake is not only Wesker's son, but Chris is Jake's uncle.

What is going on here?

Discussing unlockables and toying with dumb ideas for Revelations episodic format if it was a super cheesy soap opera.

Kssio_Aug

Is Upload in the Xbox having some issues recently. Yesterday I recorded a video and it just uploaded today, and now it seems the same has happened (hopefully it will be saved tomorrow). Gosh... MS really needs to update that thing, it all the time present me a new bug. Not saying it is recording with delayed audio a bunch of times.

Does this story follow on or connect to the first revelations story? I'm playing through it now and it's the first time I've really enjoyed playing a resident evil game. Also is this game better than the first?

Neiteio

Does this story follow on or connect to the first revelations story? I'm playing through it now and it's the first time I've really enjoyed playing a resident evil game. Also is this game better than the first?
Many people here hate the first Revelations... which baffles me, since I like it enough to say it's my second favorite after RE4. But I don't want to start that debate here. Suffice it to say, if you like Rev 1, I think you'll like or love Rev 2.

But so far, hard to tell if it's a story sequel. Rev 1 is set between RE4 and RE5, while Rev 2 is set between RE5 and RE6. Rev 2 apparently has lots of story connections to prior RE games, however.

Finally played a round of Raid Mode (as HUNK) and had fun. Quick question...when you "evaluate" weapons at the jukebox what exactly happens?

Neiteio

Finally played a round of Raid Mode (as HUNK) and had fun. Quick question...when you "evaluate" weapons at the jukebox what exactly happens?
You pay gold to evaluate a weapon. The more gold it costs, the better it might be. Evaluating a weapon or part reveals the stats and attributes of that weapon or part. You can always sell it afterward if you don't want it.

Lucent

They just get added to the weapons you can use and customize. You can only have 24 weapons I think (unless you pay for DLC to get more space). Youll get dupes so sell off the lower level ones and stuff.

You pay gold to evaluate a weapon. The more gold it costs, the better it might be. Evaluating a weapon or part reveals the stats and attributes of that weapon or part. You can always sell it afterward if you don't want it.

They just get added to the weapons you can use and customize. You can only have 24 weapons I think (unless you pay for DLC to get more space). Youll get dupes so sell off the lower level ones and stuff.

Thanks for the help

Neiteio

Yeah, remember you can use weapons that are a higher level than your character, even when going for Completion Medals (just make sure your character is de-leveled to match the recommended level). So really, there's no reason to keep low-level weapons. Just sell off the old weapons when you get new ones that are stronger.

AdaWong

If any of you is planning to stream Episode 2 on Stream tonight, drop a link to your page, I will gladly follow.

Astral Dog

The developers said there is no connection to Revelations 1, but there is a vague connection
to RE5
Also, overall impressions so far have been positive, its $25, thankfully seems to bea bit better than REV so far.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Many people here hate the first Revelations... which baffles me, since I like it enough to say it's my second favorite after RE4. But I don't want to start that debate here. Suffice it to say, if you like Rev 1, I think you'll like or love Rev 2.

But so far, hard to tell if it's a story sequel. Rev 1 is set between RE4 and RE5, while Rev 2 is set between RE5 and RE6. Rev 2 apparently has lots of story connections to prior RE games, however.

Haven't kept up with thread, but surprised at the hate for Rev 1. Playing it now and the sillyness of the plot is really hooking me in. Game feels almost identical to the sequel(minus the worse dodging and the pace-killing but optional scanning). Actually the dead-zone of the aiming is way better in Rev1 than in Rev2 curiously. Easier to fine-tune aiming in this older game.

Love the episodic format though, playing an episode per night before bed is just perfect. Holding off on now playing any further in Rev 2 until I finish the first game.

Nemesis_

The developers said there is no connection to Revelations 1, but there is a vague connection
to RE5
Also, overall impressions so far have been positive, its $25, thankfully seems to bea bit better than REV so far.

Did they really? Because honestly
they lied

But it's by no means a requirement to play through the game. More like reading up on the events.

Daigoro

how do you access Gauntlet mode? i beat all of the levels in the I block with full stars, but couldnt figure out how to access it.

Manu

I just finished the craziest Raid Mode round so far.

Remember the Executioner Majini? Well, I got a giant fire one.

Half of my total round time was fighting that son of a bitch and he just wouldn't die. After spending all of my bullets on him, he was on the brink of death so I knifed him a bit until he exploded. I survived the explosion by some miracle.

There's video coming.

So despite this being the second playthrough, I've managed to get stuck in Barry's campaign. What are you supposed to do once you turn off the power and get into the room with all the cells? I don't have a key lol

Nemesis_

So despite this being the second playthrough, I've managed to get stuck in Barry's campaign. What are you supposed to do once you turn off the power and get into the room with all the cells? I don't have a key lol

Isn't there a hole in the end cell that Natalia crawls through?

Half of my total round time was fighting that son of a bitch and he just wouldn't die. After spending all of my bullets on him, he was on the brink of death so I knifed him a bit until he exploded. I survived the explosion by some miracle.

There's video coming.

What stage/difficulty?

Neiteio

There's video coming.
When you say fire, do you mean he was glowing orange, or do you mean the actual red-and-white Executioners with the flaming axes from the Prison map in RE5 Mercs?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

The control room key is at the tutorial spot for the first hole to crawl through.

Isn't there a hole in the end cell that Natalia crawls through?

First or second floor? There's one on the second floor but it's closed by a gate? Is there a control room key somewhere? I had no problem with this the first time, I have absolutely no idea how this happened.

edit: welp^

I find it hilarious that,
(Post Episode 1/late game SPOILER!)
Claire manages to maintain her fashion/color scheme on an abandoned island months later.

Neiteio

I find it hilarious that,
(Post Episode 1/late game SPOILER!)
Claire manages to maintain her fashion/color scheme on an abandoned island months later.
I saw pictures of that outfit, but I don't know the circumstances. For all I know, she might've left the island and come back.

So first playthrough crane attempt = me scrambling around the whole area dodging lightning fast revenants to flip switches and stuff because I had no ammo

Second playthrough attempt = I kill all 3 of the revenant that spawn with one well placed flame bottle.

I do think this game handles ammo limitations quite well. Going through both parts of the episode trying to use as little ammo as possible makes for a fun experience. And even with all the ammo both Claire and Barry have now I'm sure I'll waste it all quickly in episode 2.

also episode 2 should totally be up at 11 so I have an excuse to not study for midterms :x

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
First or second floor? There's one on the second floor but it's closed by a gate? Is there a control room key somewhere? I had no problem with this the first time, I have absolutely no idea how this happened.

edit: welp^

I watched my friend stream and saw him run right by the key so I remembered that spot, lol. If you miss it you'll hit a dead end and not really know where to look otherwise.

So, how do you get the trophy for beating episode one while using only the knife? Because that's exactly what I just did, but didn't get the trophy.

Some have mentioned that you can't do melee attacks either. Did you use those?

Really? Wow. I just assumed that as long as you didn't use any guns or subweapons that it would still count. So I guess it's literally knife-only. I suppose on my next attempt I'll just try and completely ignore enemies.

Ricker

I hope they fixed the problem where you had to go to the Webstore from your PC last week to get the download going on the PS4...

Top Bottom