• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Manu

The thing is, even if you die and have to use one of the blue hearts or whatever it doesn't count as using a herb. So if you meet the other requirements you still get a completion medal. Kind of game-breaking lol.

I try not to use the hearts because they not only heal you, they refill your ammo as well. It's practically cheating.

I've used up two of them so far and then felt really guilty about it, lol

Neiteio

The thing is, even if you die and have to use one of the blue hearts or whatever it doesn't count as using a herb. So if you meet the other requirements you still get a completion medal. Kind of game-breaking lol.
Wait, really?

I haven't used any blue hearts. How do you replenish them once used?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the revive stuff is weird. Gives you all your ammo back(even the throwables) and doesn't seem to count against you. I think the 5 medals all glimmer if you do it without dying, but I don't know if that impacts anything.

Wait the Hydra shotgun is in?
Haven't seen it yet and have Jill all the way into 30's.

Yup. It is lacking the awesome reload animation though.

I try not to use the hearts because they not only heal you, they refill your ammo as well. It's practically cheating.

I've used up two of them so far and then felt really guilty about it, lol

They really do take away some of the challenge. I try not to ever use them though.

Wait, really?

I haven't used any blue hearts. How do you replenish them once used?

You get 2 per daily mission, I believe. Or you can spend real life money

Yeah, I found that out today. Finally used one in a Very Hard mission cause I was at the end and said "fuck it." The enemies spawned right around me in a corner I couldn't get out of lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Maybe they aren't on EST? I notice the daily raid missions haven't been updated,

Idk. Annoying, I'm going to bed.

These episodes should've supported preload like they advertised for the initial DL.

Edit: The real cliffhanger... when are they going to actually release this shit. Stay tuned to find out!

Evolved1

In other news I did almost all the medals for campaign. Just a couple real easy ones left now.

Evolved1

My guess is that it'll show up today when the PS Store gets updated at its usually time (2-3 pm)

Can't wait to get my hands on Episode 2!

That will be such bullshit if true. Since that's west coast time. Which is after diner for me... and then you have to wait for the slow PSN DL.

I'll be quite annoyed.

Nemesis_

Media embargo for Episode 2 doesn't drop until 2 Hours 45 minutes.

Is that when the episode goes up? Was it the same for Episode 1?

In other news I did almost all the medals for campaign. Just a couple real easy ones left now.

Some of the descriptions are kind of Greek to me, like blind 5 enemies with the flashlight before using a physical attack... I do that all the time so I guess I don't really understand what it means.

Also I only know where 2/3 of the military crates are (the one in the upper store room and the one outside by the bridge.

Evolved1

Media embargo for Episode 2 doesn't drop until 2 Hours 45 minutes.

Is that when the episode goes up? Was it the same for Episode 1?

So it is west coast time then... hmph. Going to bed I guess. Hopefully it will be there in the morning at least. That's fine.

Better than waiting for GCT.

Some of the descriptions are kind of Greek to me, like blind 5 enemies with the flashlight before using a physical attack... I do that all the time so I guess I don't really understand what it means.

Also I only know where 2/3 of the military crates are (the one in the upper store room and the one outside by the bridge.

You have to do these things in a single run. That's the challenge. You can do the different medals across different runs. Be each requirement for any particular medal must be met in a single run.

Btw the other crate is where Claire boosts you up. Through that open door, directly on yer right.

I'm actually kind of glad it's not unlocked yet (speaking for myself here). Been playing episode one a bunch since earlier this afternoon to get trophies and now I'm tired and burned out lol

Onwards tomorrow!

That will be such bullshit if true. Since that's west coast time. Which is after diner for me... and then you have to wait for the slow PSN DL.

I'll be quite annoyed.

From my experience, 2 pm EST..lol. It'll be about 10 am if you're over on the West Coast.

Does anyone know if Capcom is fixing the throwback stage pack for those who are unable to access it?

Some of the descriptions are kind of Greek to me, like blind 5 enemies with the flashlight before using a physical attack.

That one got me as well. They didn't specify that you need to manually switch to Claire to do a physical attack after the enemy is stunned. If not, Claire as a CPU goes at it with the stunned enemy and the game won't count it as a "physical attack" that meets the criteria for that medal.

The descriptions are poorly written in my opinion.

I decided to do the "Normal" Daily and that was stressful. I imagine the bigger enemies eat my bullets for breakfast and just laugh. I had to use Hunk's stealth ability a few times to get those guys out of there. I did complete it though and that's all I wanted to do.

Ricker

Oh well,not surprised,it probably wont be up until the usual PSN lol time or we will have to go to the Webstore like last week...night all.

That one got me as well. They didn't specify that you need to manually switch to Claire to do a physical attack after the enemy is stunned. If not, Claire as a CPU goes at it with the stunned enemy and the game won't count it as a "physical attack" that meets the criteria for that medal.

The descriptions are poorly written in my opinion.

Well, at least you guys are around to make heads and tails out of it :p

Evolved1

The only one I don't really understand is the getting through the forest in 40 seconds.

I played that with a fried and we really ran straight through... but didn't get it. So idk about that one.

ArcLyte

How do you reliably melee in this game? I feel like I'm only able to do it like a quarter of the time. Am I not staggering enemies correctly? I'm too used to 6 where you melee all over the damn place.

Well, at least you guys are around to make heads and tails out of it :p

Lol...process of elimination regarding possibilities. I actually first attempted it by only using Moira and beating the living crap out the afflicted with the crowbar. 10 mins later..same afflicted still rising up after getting bashed in the head 50 million times. Apparently not the way to get the medal..haha [checks that possibility off the list]

Lol...process of elimination regarding possibilities. I actually first attempted it by only using Moira and beating the living crap out the afflicted with the crowbar. 10 mins later..same afflicted still rising up after getting bashed in the head 50 million times. Apparently not the way to get the medal..haha [checks that possibility off the list]

I have seriously... probably played through episode one close to ten times now trying to do all of this clean up. And I still feel ages away from actually being done with it. I wanted to be done with it before episode two, but if not that's okay.

ArcLyte

*next time preview starts*

Chris: "But Claire... We were partners."

Moira: "What the fuckity fuckers-"

Barry: "OHH MY COD" -pulls out a giant cod he successfully caught while fishing on the island-

Albert Wesker: *now back as Zombie Wesker from the T-3-Abyss-Veronica-G-C-Plagas Virus* "The right to be a dad? That right... Is now mine!"

This is special. Thank you.

Evolved1

How do you reliably melee in this game? I feel like I'm only able to do it like a quarter of the time. Am I not staggering enemies correctly? I'm too used to 6 where you melee all over the damn place.

Melee is super nerfed compared to RE6. Basically you have to either stagger the enemy or get them on the ground. Usually a headshot or two (or three, depends on a number of factors) will induce a stagger... either the enemy goes down on one knee, or you see them go into a stunned/dazed state. Then you move close for contextual R2 prompt.

The other option is harder, but you can stagger them with regular knife attacks. Aim for the head with your slashes.

I guess you could count the stealth attacks as melee as well. Get these with smoke bombs or Hunks cloak ability.

Cubed

Maybe some people just expect more than I do, but as a fan of the series since 1996 I can say that revelations 2, even though we've only seen half of it, is a big step back in the right direction. I feel like from the more open environments (at least less linear than 5 and 6) to the grotesque creatures to the creepy music, it FEELS more like RE4 than RE5/6, which is a good thing!

I'm not saying it's a return to form for the series but I'm saying it seems to have an oppressive and relatively creepy atmosphere, which is more than I can say for resident evil 5 or 6.

I honestly feel like the small touches make a big difference, like having actual objects you need to pick up to progress taking up inventory slots and enemies no longer dropping ammo. I honestly feel like the only thing this game is missing to make it the perfect resident evil experience are puzzles. My goodness Capcom, please bring back some F'n puzzles. I know it has things like keys you have to collect and certain objects that you need to use to progress but fetch quests, while actually part of the resident evil experience and certainly a welcome addition back into the franchise, are not puzzles.

Shauni

I mentioned earlier, but all episodes from now on are slated to come out at the same time across all platforms, and that's the 4th, so tomorrow. Not sure why the first episode was different but for here on out it'll be on Wednesday across all the platforms (at least according to wiki)

Astral Dog

Maybe some people just expect more than I do, but as a fan of the series since 1996 I can say that revelations 2, even though we've only seen half of it, is a big step back in the right direction. I feel like from the more open environments (at least less linear than 5 and 6) to the grotesque creatures to the creepy music, it FEELS more like RE4 than RE5/6, which is a good thing!

I'm not saying it's a return to form for the series but I'm saying it seems to have an oppressive and relatively creepy atmosphere, which is more than I can say for resident evil 5 or 6.

I honestly feel like the small touches make a big difference, like having actual objects you need to pick up to progress taking up inventory slots and enemies no longer dropping ammo. I honestly feel like the only thing this game is missing to make it the perfect resident evil experience are puzzles. My goodness Capcom, please bring back some F'n puzzles. I know it has things like keys you have to collect and certain objects that you need to use to progress but fetch quests, while actually part of the resident evil experience and certainly a welcome addition back into the franchise, are not puzzles.
Half of it? so episode 2 is as good as the first?
REV 2 unfortunately will lack the complexity of other RE games,(puzzles, level design, gunplay), but overall seems like a solid step in the right direction, for people that enjoyed REV 1.
Making the games co-op can limit them, but maybe there are more puzzles on later parts.

L00P

Wow, this game is like every survival horror games ever made mashed together. Seriously, I see tropes and mechanics from Alan Wake, Dead Space, Walking Dead, Last of Us, hell even Tomb Raider

Daigoro

The gauntlets are the names of the sets of levels in raid mode. You need to collect a certain number of medals to unlocks new ones (kill all enemies, no herb use, I forgot the other one lol).

I wondered the same thing when I started :p

huh, ok im confused then. so are you supposed to get the trophy/achievement if you beat all of the levels in the whole block then? i beat all of the levels in block 1 with all medals, but not with the same character. the achievement didnt pop.

im missing something here...

huh, ok im confused then. so are you supposed to get the trophy/achievement if you beat all of the levels in the whole block then? i beat all of the levels in block 1 with all medals, but not with the same character. the achievement didnt pop.

im missing something here...

I'm not sure about the achievement, but I'm pretty sure you need to do it with one single character. Each one has their own medals they can get for each stage.

Daigoro

well im an idiot. apparently i did get the achievement already, just didnt notice it. from what ive read, you dont even need to get all the medals, just complete each level. mystery solved :p thanks for the help.

not enough good achievements for RAID in this game. kind of lame.

Top Bottom