• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Lime

Wow the latest patch completely fucked up my performance in the game (PC). I'm getting 30-40s with everything set to low and I'm running a I7 4790k and a 290.

Great job Capcom!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I just realized, The Retail version is 40 dollars, while the digital will only be 25... why is that?

Digital also has a $40 version, the Complete Pack. It's as the physical version of the game contains all the DLC (minus the crystal/storage DLCs).

Dusk Golem

Steam just released another small update for the game. Apparently patch notes going up shortly, but people reporting on the PC version it has fixed frame rate issues substantially. Also the snow level no longer dips the frame rate to abysmal levels.

Edit: Oh, the patch also added in local co-op to the PC version.

Many people here hate the first Revelations... which baffles me, since I like it enough to say it's my second favorite after RE4. But I don't want to start that debate here. Suffice it to say, if you like Rev 1, I think you'll like or love Rev 2.

But so far, hard to tell if it's a story sequel. Rev 1 is set between RE4 and RE5, while Rev 2 is set between RE5 and RE6. Rev 2 apparently has lots of story connections to prior RE games, however.

The developers said there is no connection to Revelations 1, but there is a vague connection
to RE5
Also, overall impressions so far have been positive, its $25, thankfully seems to bea bit better than REV so far.

Thanks! Yeah I kinda forgot about it being episodic so impressions are a little vague right now. I think I'll pick up the retail version, I'm really enjoying the first one so this will be a no brainer I guess.I might wait til I'm done with Bloodborne though.

Lime

Steam just released another small update for the game. Apparently patch notes going up shortly, but people reporting on the PC version it has fixed frame rate issues substantially. Also the snow level no longer dips the frame rate to abysmal levels.

Edit: Oh, the patch also added in local co-op to the PC version.

Great to hear. I'll check it out later today when I get home.

Dusk Golem

They are currently testing and tuning the local co-op, to access it:
-From your Steam ‘LIBRARY’ list, right-click on Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2 and select 'Properties'
-Select the ‘BETAS’ tab.
-Type bhr2qasplitmaster00 (case-sensitive) in the 'Enter beta access code' field and then click CHECK CODE.
-Now, select "qa_split_master" from the pull-down menu and click CLOSE.
-Wait for the Steam client to finish downloading the patch.
-Launch Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Biohazard Revelations 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/610574106414653247/

Dusk Golem

Alright, that's three or so patches now without fixing the Raid mode crash. Good stuff.

The patch notes this patch undid the previous patch and made it go back to the factory version, their first focus was to get split-screen in. I do hope they fix it soon, though I know they're a smaller department of Capcom working on this (credits point to this).

Nemesis_

Has the
2nd Season
speculation been posted yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8RmYLKNCvs&t=157

Don't believe it but wouldn't complain if true.

Is there any actual evidence to support the fact this might be happening? I just don't see what else they could do. The bonus episodes in particular pretty much cover up any plot points that you might have by the end of the story so it's really weird.

Unless it's a Raid Expansion Pack which adds all the other MT Framework RE levels into the fray, which would be amazing.

The patch notes this patch undid the previous patch and made it go back to the factory version, their first focus was to get split-screen in. I do hope they fix it soon, though I know they're a smaller department of Capcom working on this (credits point to this).

lbr it's probably just TOSE.

Dusk Golem

Boo! I was excited to play today when I woke up. Y'all dont have it either?

No one not part of press/review copies have it. One theory, maybe it'll release the same time the daily missions update in Rev 2, but should happen sometime today.

I'm also hoping episode 2 releases tonight at 9 PM PST on Steam like episode 1 did.

I have yet to play the game and this might be a silly question. However are there any differences between playing co op or not? The reason why I ask this is because from what I have seen from trailers, there are times where you are a single character exploring (I think).

Kssio_Aug

storafötter;154379602 said:
I have yet to play the game and this might be a silly question. However are there any differences between playing co op or not? The reason why I ask this is because from what I have seen from trailers, there are times where you are a single character exploring (I think).

During the campaing, if playing solo, youre always in control of both characters (just press Y or triangle to change to the other one if needed). During co-op each player control one character. There is no difference at all, you can even set the second player in the middle of a playthrough.

In Raid mode from what I know theres no difference at all either, but if you play solo you will control only 1 character.

Dusk Golem

storafötter;154379602 said:

No, it's the same, playing Single Player you can switch between playing two characters with the press of a button. However, it's like Zero, where you can tell characters to wait or follow, and a few sections you separate, or can choose to separate.

Gutted this doesn't let you share play the coop on ps4.
Yes it does.
Have done Raid and story with my brother through Shareplay.

Is there any actual evidence to support the fact this might be happening? I just don't see what else they could do. The bonus episodes in particular pretty much cover up any plot points that you might have by the end of the story so it's really weird.

Unless it's a Raid Expansion Pack which adds all the other MT Framework RE levels into the fray, which would be amazing.

lbr it's probably just TOSE.
IDK saw it being mentioned in a couple places like 5 minutes before I posted here.
Don't trust anything elsewhere so thats why I brought it up.

Thabian

No one not part of press/review copies have it. One theory, maybe it'll release the same time the daily missions update in Rev 2, but should happen sometime today.

I'm also hoping episode 2 releases tonight at 9 PM PST on Steam like episode 1 did.

A developer on the Steam forums confirmed that all episodes will be released on Tuesdays at 9pm pst.

Manu

If this only comes later today with the Store update I'm gonna end up playing it tomorrow, most likely.

That sucks.

Kssio_Aug

Wich are your favorite Raid characters?

Since yesterday I had only Barry and Claire. I bought Season Pass and finished Episode One, so now I have unlocked Moira, Gina and Hunk aswell.

Hunk just seems like the best character early on. He has the 4 weapon slots opened from start, and that invisibility ability that can help a lot either. Have not tried Gina and Moira though.

Im thinking about buying Wesker.

During the campaing, if playing solo, youre always in control of both characters (just press Y or triangle to change to the other one if needed). During co-op each player control one character. There is no difference at all, you can even set the second player in the middle of a playthrough.

In Raid mode from what I know theres no difference at all either, but if you play solo you will control only 1 character.

No, it's the same, playing Single Player you can switch between playing two characters with the press of a button. However, it's like Zero, where you can tell characters to wait or follow, and a few sections you separate, or can choose to separate.

Oh that is good to hear. Nice that a second player can jump in at any time. Thanks for the answers!

MrMuscle

Since yesterday I had only Barry and Claire. I bought Season Pass and finished Episode One, so now I have unlocked Moira, Gina and Hunk aswell.

Hunk just seems like the best character early on. He has the 4 weapon slots opened from start, and that invisibility ability that can help a lot either. Have not tried Gina and Moira though.

Hunk all the way for me so far. Ive maxed his "get ammo from kills" skill and will be transferring that over when/if I ever get to play as Chris!

Dusk Golem

I use Wesker mainly, Wesker's strongest attributes are his evade's and melee's. He has one of the best evade's in the game early on, and starts with melee master (not the only melee master character, but one of the better ones), his melee's are also fast and powerful. Also fun of course to see Wesker and play as him. -3-

I want to use Gina more though. She's a joke character, one of her unique traits is she can hurt enemies by gesturing, so you can damage enemies by dancing near them.

Also, heads-up, with episode 1 content, if you get 10 Completion Medals, you'll unlock
Jill Valentine

LOL Jill looks absolutely hilarious doing the "Im so excited" taunt.

Chris will probably be my fav but atm its Jill.

Kssio_Aug

Hunk all the way for me so far. Ive maxed his "get ammo from kills" skill and will be transferring that over when/if I ever get to play as Chris!

Can you transfer skills or did I misunderstood?

Also I did not know about Jill! Great, I think I only need 2 Completionist medals.

MrMuscle

Also I did not know about Jill! Great, I think I only need 2 Completionist medals.

Yeah when you max a skill out you can choose to make it available for other characters via paying a bit of SP. So if you are dedicated you could end up with your own unique build.

Dusk Golem

Cannot transfer skills, all characters start off on Level 1 and have unique skills. Even have separate consumables, as I've discovered.

That said, they do share weapons.

Yeah when you max a skill out you can choose to make it available for other characters via paying a bit of SP. So if you are dedicated you could end up with your own unique build.

Oh my, scratch some of what I said, I didn't know that! I haven't maxed a skill yet, been tossing my SP into four different skills for my main, the highest leveled skill I have is 16/20 currently.

Kssio_Aug

Oh wow, thats great. It can make any character you enjoy a good one in a long run!

dellingr

Moira's my girl. Her melee master skill combined with her charge melee skill recks enemies. Plus assault rifle mastery is pretty useful too.

I wanna get good at using Gina as well since she is hilarious to use, but difficult to master. Gotta time gesturing carefully. She seems to hurt enemies when she dodges near them too and it can stun them sometimes which is pretty cool.

News Bot

Banned

Could be a separate story altogether.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't know what Wesker's evade cancel actually does. Someone please enlighten me.

It costs 100 SP to inherit, and a shitload of BP to unlock in campaign... so wtf? It must be useful.

I don't know what Wesker's evade cancel actually does. Someone please enlighten me.

It costs 100 SP to inherit, and a shitload of BP to unlock in campaign... so wtf? It must be useful.

Its the best skill in the game, it let's you cancel out of any animation. If you reload at the wrong time and an enemy is coming at you, you can dodge instantly. I really like using it to cancel out of the end of melee animations after I already do the damage, saves time and puts you in a better position if there are more than one enemy around

How do you guys deal with the Baby Mayday when it has ice attacks. That's the ONLY thing I struggle with in this mode. Even regular mayday with a special attack I have a hard time dealing with. It's just so fast and then it freezes you and then insta kill attack. WTF?!

Favorite is Jill. She's level 54 and my main. Love her and I use any excuse to use the Double Knee Drop <3 Have her Melee Master fully upgraded so she's a beast with the knife. I want to give her a charge melee attack as well. And Imma fully upgrade her doge move.

Otherwise I don't play with anyone else. I like Wesker alot but I'm kinda waiting for the online patch to play with others. Kinda. Wesker is level 15 I think. He's cool he has his own melee moves both regular, and on ground and his commands are hilarious.

I love/hate Gina. Because of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCxSNYF8Vw0 Her commands are utter ridiculous and I hate them but I can't stop using them. Kinda like Rachael, omg! Remember her commands? "AHIA, THANKS!" *cringe* And her skill to damage with taunts is fucking stupid yet I love it. Can't wait to troll with her online.

Arklite

Moira's my girl. Her melee master skill combined with her charge melee skill recks enemies. Plus assault rifle mastery is pretty useful too.

I wanna get good at using Gina as well since she is hilarious to use, but difficult to master. Gotta time gesturing carefully. She seems to hurt enemies when she dodges near them too and it can stun them sometimes which is pretty cool.

Gina's gesturing is ok. It becomes a lot less practical once enemies start to have all kinds of elements on them. Maybe it becomes super effective at max, but it's also one of the more expensive upgrades.

There's some cool skills between the roster but overall the raid characters feel a lot more uniform than the more nuanced Rev 1 characters, IMO.

Top Bottom