• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Jawmuncher

I really hope they fix the crash on on PC when you try to do raid soon.
Will mess about with going offline and playing it like that. Need my wesker.

Vamphuntr

So are all the episodes contained in the original download but they're locked out?

Not sure for PSN and XBL but not for PC. The episodes are on the server but they haven't flipped the switch yet

319810 Episode 2 (319810) Depot 2.87 GB
320350 Episode3 (320350) Depot 2.84 GB
320351 Episode4 (320351) Depot 3.29 GB
320352 Ex Episode1 (320352) Depot 974.35 MB
320353 Ex Episode2 (320353) Depot 1.31 GB

Mentioned this in the Figure OT but figured that with Wetsuit Jill being in Raid and that being the thing that lead me to find out about it,
it was worth mentioning here.

287115.jpg

Capcom released this statue in the last month, you can find it for around $35-$70
Came out of nowhere and I love the Rev costume so I had to order it.

Neiteio

It's an enemy you can encounter in the last stage of the Throwback Pack in Raid Mode, it's obviously for later in Revelations 2.

Made a video of it here, warning I talk over it as I took it from me streaming the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhRs-pq8LB8
Very nice. So it's slow when it's armored, trying to hit you with its sweeping pincer attack, and it's only vulnerable from behind. Hitting its weakpoint then causes it to shed armor and become vulnerable from the sides, as well, but now it's moving much faster.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Reebot

Very nice. So it's slow when it's armored, trying to hit you with its sweeping pincer attack, and it's only vulnerable from behind. Hitting its weakpoint then causes it to shed armor and become vulnerable from the sides, as well, but now it's moving much faster.

Good stuff, good stuff.

Yeah its really a fun enemy to fight. Surprised it didn't show up in episode 1, would have made for a nice finishing boss encounter that's still low key.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Good stuff, good stuff.

Yup, though something I found out is that it only lost its armor because I set it on fire, it doesn't do that if you don't set it on fire, I was just fortunate I had my trusty burning magnum on me.

I imagine the enemy would be much tougher also in closed narrow corridors as opposed to a big open stage like the Raid stage it currently appears in.

Not sure for PSN and XBL but not for PC. The episodes are on the server but they haven't flipped the switch yet

319810 Episode 2 (319810) Depot 2.87 GB
320350 Episode3 (320350) Depot 2.84 GB
320351 Episode4 (320351) Depot 3.29 GB
320352 Ex Episode1 (320352) Depot 974.35 MB
320353 Ex Episode2 (320353) Depot 1.31 GB

Seems a bit odd they would take this approach. If you can release the episodes back to back each week then the game is probably done, so why not just release the entire thing?

Seems a bit odd they would take this approach. If you can release the episodes back to back each week then the game is probably done, so why not just release the entire thing?

Just be glad they didn't try to put a month or longer between episodes.

If Raid had a tad more content I could see them trying that.

Will the episode be up at midnight (EST)? Also, for those that have access to all the episodes (if you can answer this) does ammo/items carry over between episodes? I went through Claire's section again and she has ridiculous amounts of ammo because I used the OP flashlight the whole time. Would that appear when I start Episode 2?

Vamphuntr

I think they are trying a "new" business model with this game. Capcom has heavily invested in mobile gaming where piece meal purchase is common and I think they are trying to adapt this model to console gaming with this game and Deep Down.

It's also a game that works with this model since even the first RER was chapter based with "previously on clips".

Neiteio

Of course the game is finished. It probably went gold weeks ago. This drip-feed release schedule is just a new business model. Maybe they have data to suggest people will spend more money if they buy it piecemeal since they're more likely to buy it and get hooked, and then while waiting for the next episode they're more likely to buy extra Raid content, etc. The episodic structure also keeps people talking about the game over the course of the four weeks (or however long) it takes for it to be released.

e: pretty much this^

I think the episodic approach works in two ways:

1. It is a good way to attract potential buyers. People who aren't sold on the game (and would likely not spend the $25-$40) can try the first episode, and then buy the rest if they like it. And if they don't like it, Capcpom still makes a small amount of money.

2. It encourages a lot of time investment from the players by encouraging them to reach a certain goal in terms of collectibles, raid mode, etc. People will be consistently playing this game over the course of a month, which is probably waaaay more time spent on a primarily SP game than most.

I personally like it a lot. Ultimately I feel more investment in spending $25 for something I will get to enjoy over the course of a month rather than getting it in a single package, where I would likely blast through the campaign in two days, play raid mode for a little while longer and then be done with a week or so.

Nemesis_

OK, I'm usually unfazed by gross enemy designs, but that Glasp seriously unnerves me.

Wait until you see their killing animation.

It's truly revolting

You'll meet the Glasp in Barry's Episode 2. I'm still not sure if I enjoy them from a gameplay perspective or not.

Neiteio

Wait until you see their killing animation.

It's truly revolting

You'll meet the Glasp in Barry's Episode 2. I'm still not sure if I enjoy them from a gameplay perspective or not.
Oh wait, you've played through the entire game, right? A review copy for a website, I'm guessing?

Also, does the Glasp fly around? Or more like hover? Or does it somehow walk on those legs?

jyoung188

OK I plan on buying this once all the episodes come out
(Or maybe sooner)
to play local coop with my wife. Is there any difference between the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game?

Nemesis_

Oh wait, you've played through the entire game, right? A review copy for a website, I'm guessing?

Also, does the Glasp fly around? Or more like hover? Or does it somehow walk on those legs?

It's a slow hover but you'll see why it might be hard to work out what it does ;)

Dusk Golem

I have not played the game, but float, I saw this screenshot when I had googled' Resident Evil Revelations 2 Glasp' to get the piece of artwork I knew was out there for it.

Resi-Rev-2-Clips_01-20-15.jpg

Neiteio

For those who are interested but can't watch the video, the Glasp is
invisible, detected by your partner Natalia, and can one-hit-kill you by grabbing Barry and snapping his back, before dropping him to the ground and showering him with swarms of pillbug-like insects.

Conceptually, this makes for a memorable monster, but it might be a bit -too- stressful to fight.

Dusk Golem

So, episode 2 reviews at least hit tonight, uncertain about the episodic release on PSN tonight though. So let me ask: Call it now, do you guys things episode 2 will be better or worse than episode 1? Both critically, and maybe personally?

I know there's so little info to work off of right now, and a lot of this comes down to opinion, but I am curious if people think Revelations 2 is going to get better or worse with this episode, more off of what we know limitedly and from gut feeling?

So, episode 2 reviews at least hit tonight, uncertain about the episodic release on PSN tonight though. So let me ask: Call it now, do you guys things episode 2 will be better or worse than episode 1? Both critically, and maybe personally?

I know there's so little info to work off of right now, and a lot of this comes down to opinion, but I am curious if people think Revelations 2 is going to get better or worse with this episode, more off of what we know limitedly and from gut feeling?
I feel Claire's campaign might be worse based off the preview in the game. But hopefully they'll both be good.

I feel Claire's campaign might be worse based off the preview in the game. But hopefully they'll both be good.

The preview makes it seem like Claire's story for this episode will be more "actiony". I'm looking forward more to Barry's chapter based on how the first episode ended.

I finished getting the collectibles for Claire's half so I'll run through Barry's part again tonight or in the morning to get ready for Episode Two.

Neiteio

Based on leaked concept art, I suspect Claire's side of Episode 2 will have a
chainsaw enemy
. Or rather,
a drill-bit
. So it should be suitably intense.

So i'm like £0.80 away from buying episode 2 when it comes out on XBL, damnit I really should do something about having just under what I need in my account, always happens.

Nemesis_

I am wondering with the Glasps
invisibility
how that might work in Raid Mode?

There are no concessions made. You just have to guess where they are, they periodically pop up from time to time if you aim in their direction.

For those who are interested but can't watch the video, the Glasp is
invisible, detected by your partner Natalia, and can one-hit-kill you by grabbing Barry and snapping his back, before dropping him to the ground and showering him with swarms of pillbug-like insects.

Conceptually, this makes for a memorable monster, but it might be a bit -too- stressful to fight.

They're never in huge numbers so it's not that bad. I'm no sure if you've noticed but if you switch to Natalia her vision will highlight them as red clouds, so quickly switching between the two makes it a bit easier.

And I absolutely cannot wait to see how people react to the cliffhanger of Episode 2 :3

There are no concessions made. You just have to guess where they are, they periodically pop up from time to time if you aim in their direction.

They're never in huge numbers so it's not that bad. I'm no sure if you've noticed but if you switch to Natalia her vision will highlight them as red clouds, so quickly switching between the two makes it a bit easier.

And I absolutely cannot wait to see how people react to the cliffhanger of Episode 2 :3

Will EP2 be on the store as a separate download or just unlocked in the game?

Do we know if the new content each week unlocks anything else like characters or costumes? I know each week there's a new episode which will also unlock more gauntlets in raid mode, but do we know if there's anything beyond that to expect tomorrow, and in subsequent weeks?

Nemesis_

Do we know if the new content each week unlocks anything else like characters or costumes? I know each week there's a new episode which will also unlock more gauntlets in raid mode, but do we know if there's anything beyond that to expect tomorrow, and in subsequent weeks?

Each episode adds Raid Mode characters (that have to be unlocked). These are in the OP.

There are unlockables at the end of the campaign too.

Each episode unlocks characters for Raid Mode as far as they have said

Dusk Golem

Each week will include new stages and characters for Raid Mode.

Also, and this is an unlock spoiler,
from the game's files, the game has some unlockable costumes and weapons you can earn for completing the game and completing it under certain circumstances.

Neiteio

*Chris shows up for some reason*

Claire: "Chris, I'm pregnant!"

Chris: "Sweet, I've always wanted to be an uncle."

Claire: "But Chris... The baby is yours."

*cue "next time" piano/drum loop from Rev 1*

Nemesis_

I'd like Claire to walk into a restaurant and see Jessica and Parker sharing a lobster dinner

Do I have to jump through any crazy hoops to get the two extra Claire outfits?

Save your BP (100,000)

Reebot

Is performance on PC noticeably worse for anyone else? I'm doing another run and getting drops to 30's and 20's in raid, I had locked 60 for the past few days.

Nemesis_

*frysquint.jpg* Not sure if innuendo

Really? Wow, OK then, I'll start saving! Worth it for more flavors of Claire.

Does 100,000 BP get me one of them, or both?

That's one. I don't know how to unlock the other one just yet. (I'm talking Campaign mode).

Dusk Golem

*next time preview starts*

Chris: "But Claire... We were partners."

Moira: "What the fuckity fuckers-"

Barry: "OHH MY COD" -pulls out a giant cod he successfully caught while fishing on the island-

Albert Wesker: *now back as Zombie Wesker from the T-3-Abyss-Veronica-G-C-Plagas Virus* "The right to be a dad? That right... Is now mine!"

Manu

Barry: "OHH MY COD" -pulls out a giant cod he successfully caught while fishing on the island-

Albert Wesker: *now back as Zombie Wesker from the T-3-Abyss-Veronica-G-C-Plagas Virus* "The right to be a father? That right... Is now mine!"

EPILOGUE

*Claire lying in bed, suggestively covering her naughty bits with the bedsheet*

Claire: "Albert, honey, little Marcus is asleep, are you coming to bed?"

Wesker: "Seven minutes... seven minutes is all I have to play with you."

Neiteio

Albert Wesker: *now back as Zombie Wesker from the T-3-Abyss-Veronica-G-C-Plagas Virus* "The right to be a father? That right... Is now mine!"
LOL @ Moira

EDIT: "Seven minutes is all I have to play with you," haha

Top Bottom