• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

I kind of would like if they'd attempt a spin-off game (maybe even Revelations 3) with some of the supporting cast who haven't been seen in a long time like Carlos, Sheeva, Billy, etc and give them a chance to let their personality develop a little bit. But I guess Capcom is afraid any game without a classic character in it will flop. It's crazy to think we haven't had a traditional game without a returning member since RE2.

But they are already doing that with Barry and Claire in Rev2.
Barry has never been a big deal and his last real appearance was a cameo in RE3 in 1999(Gaiden doesn't count)
Claire had been downgraded to completely irrelevant since CV in 2000.

Though,
187.jpg
better be next to return.(also the best Mercenaries character ever)

Reebot

I was really hoping for a Sheeva cameo in RE 6. Have her leading one of the other BSAA platoons in Eastern Europe, or something. That'd be cool.

Jawmuncher

Finally was able to play the first Episode. I liked a lot of what was here. Considering the price and all I definitley got my money's worth for that one episode. I haven't even played Raid yet (Since it crashes on my Desktop). If Capcom can just patch up the few issues here and there i'll be golden. Really liking the mix here.

Locust

Meh, all this talk about Dead Aim made me want to buy it, but no locals are selling it and on Amazon shipping would be two times the price of the game.

Fuck shipping costs very much.

I liked the enemies that are introduced in Barry's chapter. They're a nice co-op twist on regenerators, and the first time you face one was actually kind of creepy, which is something I haven't felt from a Resident Evil game in a long time. Of course they turn out to kind of be chumps, but oh well.

How is hard difficulty vs normal? Hopefully a good bump up in challenge and scarcity of resources? I enjoyed the episode but I definitely would have had more fun if it was harder as I only died once and that was to a spinning blade trap. Having to watch resources (as there are plenty on normal) and be more cautious in fights would add a lot to the game.

I'm looking forward to trying out co-op as well. I can see doing invisible enemy mode on hard with a buddy being a lot of fun.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Oh wow, I was just thumbing through my hardcover RE6 guide and was thinking, "Man, these two would work great in Raid."

I -really- want Capcom/Sony to fix my Throwback Pack DLC so I can finally play it. ;_;

Another baddie I want to appear in Raid:

Resident-Evil-Revelations-Scarmiglione-600x360.jpg

I was thinking they'd be nice to have back as well, if that and the giant barnicle boss monster from the first Revelations shows up, then literally all my favorite enemies from Revelations 1 will be collected in one place.

I do hope for more stages from not just RE6 though. XD; Hoping for a RE5 stage, or two, or a few. RE4 would be great, but I have my doubts.

Meh, all this talk about Dead Aim made me want to buy it, but no locals are selling it and on Amazon shipping would be two times the price of the game.

Fuck shipping costs very much.

I was lucky enough to pick it fairly cheap off a shop floor, if you're in the US there's a few disc-only copies going for around $14-15 on Ebay from some trusted sellers.

Kssio_Aug

Just bought the Season Pass. Tried Hunk on a Daily mission and he seems pretty awesome to play! I mean, 4 weapon slots unlocked from start, and that invisibilty ability may become very very useful!
And his finishing move in the ground is really cool!

Astral Dog

I kind of would like if they'd attempt a spin-off game (maybe even Revelations 3) with some of the supporting cast who haven't been seen in a long time like Carlos, Sheeva, Billy, etc and give them a chance to let their personality develop a little bit. But I guess Capcom is afraid any game without a classic character in it will flop. It's crazy to think we haven't had a traditional game without a returning member since RE2.
But they are already doing that with Barry and Claire in Rev2.
Barry has never been a big deal and his last real appearance was a cameo in RE3 in 1999(Gaiden doesn't count)
Claire had been downgraded to completely irrelevant since CV in 2000.

Though,

better be next to return.(also the best Mercenaries character ever)

This is why the world of RE still feels small. they struggle to do something beyond chris, leon, or a few related characters.

They did a job good with Barry so far, before i woud had said "fuck no! let Rebecca and Billy keep their dignity, they don't have to return its obvious Capcom never planned anything" but now...i can see Rebecca coming back, with some role to play.
Still a new character for protagonist role would be the best.

Sheeva was always Chris replacement gold fish for Jill, she is just there for the co op play.

Neiteio

I haven't tried splitscreen co-op, but I'm curious how it will work for me and my non-gaming friends.

On the one hand, if they play as Barry or Claire, they might struggle since they're not used to playing dual-analog game, let alone fighting in one.

On the other hand, if they play as Moira or Natalia, they might yearn to shoot things.

I suppose I could be the support character and just work overtime stunning the enemies, but that only really works for Moira, unless I'm always able to procure bricks as Natalia.

Reebot

Glad Dead Aim's getting some love in this thread, its a pretty enjoyable ride for what it is. I do remember just standing on top of the stairs and unloading onto zombies who couldn't quite figure out how to walk up.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why does split screen have the black bars to the side in every RE game? It makes each player's screen super small.

Sh0k

I want to get into Revelations 2 in XBOX ONE. What's the best way to buy it, season pass or chapter by chapter? I see a season pass for $24.99 and each chapter is $5.99. As far as I know I think there is only 4 chapters, is there anything extra if I get the season pass ?

Neiteio

I want to get into Revelations 2 in XBOX ONE. What's the best way to buy it, season pass or chapter by chapter? I see a season pass for $24.99 and each chapter is $5.99. As far as I know I think there is only 4 chapters, is there anything extra if I get the season pass ?
Well, there are four episodes and two "extra" episodes, so six episodes total, all of which are included in the Complete Season.

Neiteio

Are the enemies in RER2 collectively called "the Afflicted," or is that just the name of the fast zombies with the lacerations and stitches?

Locust

I was lucky enough to pick it fairly cheap off a shop floor, if you're in the US there's a few disc-only copies going for around $14-15 on Ebay from some trusted sellers.
Yeah, I'm in Europe sadly, the game is 5GBP or so in many UK places but shipping to outside UK is easily 10GBP more on top of that.

I don't know if its worth that much to me :p

Shauni

Are the enemies in RER2 collectively called "the Afflicted," or is that just the name of the fast zombies with the lacerations and stitches?

That's just the name of the fast zombies. If you got into Rewards, you'll see the names are all there in challenges to kill X amount of whatever. Ironhead and Rotten are the only other two I remember.

Dusk Golem

I heard rumblings about the RE5 Lost in Nightmares DLC coming to the Steam version soon, is it still happening?

Happening, but not live yet. If you own RE5 though on Steam, you'll notice the game now has a DLC tab and Steam Achievements (not live yet, but they're in place). The Steam achievements include achievements for Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and Versus Mode.

I think the inflicted at just the zombie enemies. There's obviously also the
Uroboros
type enemies who do not have a collective name yet. Maybe they're also just called
Uroboros
?

Vamphuntr

To those complaining that Capcom is lazy with the PC version, they still updated a non public build of the game today. I guess they are working on it.

qa_debug r87883 20150302 542362
ts_debug r87883 20150302 542362
qa_master r87883 20150302 542392
ts_master r87883 20150302 542392

Reebot

Happening, but not live yet. If you own RE5 though on Steam, you'll notice the game now has a DLC tab and Steam Achievements (not live yet, but they're in place). The Steam achievements include achievements for Lost in Nightmares, Desperate Escape, and Versus Mode.

I think the inflicted at just the zombie enemies. There's obviously also the
Uroboros
type enemies who do not have a collective name yet. Maybe they're also just called
Uroboros
?

The
Uroboros
guys are called the Revenant on the store page

Vamphuntr

RE5 Gold is already in the steam database.

21692 Resident Evil 5 (non-GFWL) 8.49 GB Encrypted
352000 Resident Evil 5 - DLC Pack (352000) Depot 5.26 KB Encrypted
352001 Resident Evil 5 - Gold Pack (352001) Depot 5.26 KB Encrypted

AdaWong

Oh, that's interesting re: Barry's appearance.

Speaking of his betrayal (being blackmailed into shooting a comrade), did they ever depict him being torn up over that? I recall him being remorseful in RE1, but I wonder if his subsequent appearances (as fleeting as they were) ever showed him still dwelling on that.

Also, I'll repeat — Capcom, please give me the option to buy the best Raid character ever:

tumblr_inline_mpwzocfqER1qz4rgp.jpg

A literal Queen.

Her and Ada are seriously the best RE characters evar. Capcpom pls.

Dusk Golem

The
Uroboros
guys are called the Revenant on the store page

That's the name of the particular brand of enemy encountered in Barry's section of episode 1, however as those who have played Raid Mode can attest, there are similar-styled but different enemies of that same kin that have different enemy names as well.

Manu

Sooo can we expect an early release tonight tomorrow night for the new episode?

Honestly I don't think we're getting a pre-load for Ep 2.

Which kinda sucks since it'll be actually 8 days between eps 1 and 2, not 7.

EDIT: Jessica has fans?

Dusk Golem

Sooo can we expect an early release tonight tomorrow night for the new episode?

If like the first episode, it'll release 8 PM PST / 11 PM EST on PSN tonight, and tomorrow at 9 PM PST / 12 AM EST for Steam and Xbox. But the time may change as apparently no pre-load on PSN yet.

Shauni

That's the name of the particular brand of enemy encountered in Barry's section of episode 1, however as those who have played Raid Mode can attest, there are similar-styled but different enemies of that same kin that have different enemy names as well.

Maybe those are the Glasps mentioned in that one achievement?

Reebot

Yeah but aren't they all
stitched together?
That's the defining characteristic on the store page.
That one octopus esque boss monster from raid seems to be made of many, many people put together

Shauni

If like the first episode, it'll release 8 PM PST / 11 PM EST on PSN tonight, and tomorrow at 9 PM PST / 12 AM EST for Steam and Xbox.

According to Wiki, the episodes from now on are on the same date across all the platforms, which would would be March 4th, so tomorrow for everyone.

Finished Episode 1, greatly enjoyed it.
I wish some of the RE6 mechanics would come back but so far, it's a very solid package, particularly for that price point.

And hey, the story actually hooked me.

Dusk Golem

Maybe those are the Glasps mentioned in that one achievement?

Glasps have official artwork released by Capcom, they haven't been seen in Raid Mode yet.

Resident-Evil-Revelations-2-Glasp.png

In Raid Mode, there are three variants of the Revenant (the one encountered in Barry's scenario, one with much thicker skin and much larger and bulkier, and one that functions very differently and spews acid known as the Splasher), these shooting enemies (which there are two variants of), and this one enemy you can encounter in the last Throwback pack stage, but obviously the same kind of enemy.

Jawmuncher

Glasps have official artwork released by Capcom, they haven't been seen in Raid Mode yet.

Resident-Evil-Revelations-2-Glasp.png

In Raid Mode, there are three variants of the Revenant (the one encountered in Barry's scenario, one with much thicker skin and much larger and bulkier, and one that functions very differently and spews acid known as the Splasher), these shooting enemies (which there are two variants of), and this one enemy you can encounter in the last Throwback stage pack, but obviously the same kind of enemy.

That jerk is the card I got for the badge 3 times.

Manu

I just noticed the Glasp is a mutated person too.

You can see the chest and what's left of the face. The mouth is just a gaping hole in the head. It's creepy as hell.

AdaWong

Honestly I don't think we're getting a pre-load for Ep 2.

Which kinda sucks since it'll be actually 8 days between eps 1 and 2, not 7.

EDIT: Jessica has fans?

While I do like her, i gotta admit she's one of the most hated characters by fans. Poor her.

But I guess if she managed to make people hate her, then Capcom succeeded, they wanted her to be the bitch you hate for turning on you. Go Jess!

Top Bottom