• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Anyone know if the Drake shotgun is back in Raid?

saw the Muramasa mentioned elsewhere, but did know if it was true or not.
Yup. I bought one yesterday in the shop. The thing is a beast and was two times more damaging than my hydra, plus had a higher capacity and similar rate of fire. I'm level 34 and does around 7500 damage.

joe2187

Banned
Anyone else really like that fact that this entire game was made from gutted assets of the previous games?

It's like a meta commentary that the game itself is an experiment by Capcom to canibalize it's own games and make some kind of mutant game out of the extra parts.

Jawmuncher

I'm still really sad Raid isn't working for me.
I get stuck at a infinite uploading screen now rather than a crash.
When is the RE.net stuff going up? Hoping that fixes it.

Anyone else really like that fact that this entire game was made from gutted assets of the previous games?
I like it, definitely for Raid mode.

I wouldn't care if they pushed it further sold more maps and sold every single costume(that makes sense graphically) of the series as DLC.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil.Net support available from March 17.

Man that's a long ass time to wait for Raid to work on my end.
It's so odd how RE.NET and Online Coop are later additions. Like they weren't planning with those teams while development was going.

BBboy20

It's like a meta commentary that the game itself is an experiment by Capcom to canibalize it's own games and make some kind of mutant game out of the extra parts.
I don't think there is anything to like about that.

joe2187

Banned
I like it, definitely for Raid mode.

I wouldn't care if they pushed it further sold more maps and sold every single costume of the series as DLC.

I just want a Mercs 3D like game for PC and next gen consoles (and vita).

Mercs 3D was such a fucking blast to play, and then combine it all with RE6's combat mechanics.

Oh god.

gconsole

Question. Will my PS4 turned on and download EP2 automatically if I have already bought a season pass and set my PS2 to rest mode (also turned on remote wake up in the option) ?

joe2187

Banned
Question. Will my PS4 turned on and download EP2 automatically if I have already bought a season pass and set my PS2 to rest mode (also turned on remote wake up in the option) ?

you gotta download it manually.

And I dont think the PS2 has that ability.

joe2187

Banned
So when it says completion medals, is that for just beating a level or getting all medals in a level?

Getting all the medals in a level.

Just dont heal and change your level 1 level below the recommended and you'll always get em.

You can even die and use a revive crystal without any penalty.

Jawmuncher

Getting all the medals in a level.

Just dont heal and change your level 1 level below the recommended and you'll always get em.

You can even die and use a revive crystal without any penalty.

Oh so they took out the no hit from Raid 1?
That's good.

njean777

Think I am going to have to hit up Sony, still am unable to download the second episode after buying the season pass.

Kssio_Aug

So when it says completion medals, is that for just beating a level or getting all medals in a level?

For getting all medals in a level. To get the completion medal you need to get them all at the same time:
-Not using herbs (you can use hearts).
-At the recommended level.
-Killing all enemies.
-Finishing the entire level.

So, after doing it all at once, you get the respective completion medal.

SeanTSC

So, 2 Follow Up Attacks Medal for Episode 2 on Barry's side:

Turns out it is indeed Not Simple. There's a couple methods. Basically it has to be on the Revenants. 1) Use Explosive Bottles to knock them down and then you'll get an R2 Prompt for Barry. 2) There's a couple parts with Slingers and if you can get the Slinger's projectile to knock one down then you can do an R2 attack as well.

Info grabbed from pstrophy threads.

Basically they have to get knocked on their ass by something. I think I've knocked them down like that with Natalia Bricks before too. Sadly, I can't try this right now because it's girlfriend time until probably 1pm PST. Not that I'm complaining about that!

Lucent

Really wish I could play episode 2. The $19.99 season pass still isn't letting me. Don't think I'm ever buying an episodic game day 1 again if this is what I have to deal with.

njean777

Really wish I could play episode 2. The $19.99 season pass still isn't letting me. Don't think I'm ever buying an episodic game day 1 again if this is what I have to deal with.

You and me both, I am chatting with Sony right now about this. Fucking infuriating. My transcript from Sony. I think I may just buy my stuff on Xbox for now on if I can.

Edited: Hello, My name is "edited" how may I assist you today?
You: Hello "edited", I am having problems with Resident Revelations 2. I purchased the Season Pass for the game after purchasing the first episode and am unable to download the new episode that came out yesterday.
Edited: I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Edited: Although you have entered information about a SEN account before this chat, could you please provide the following to confirm the *exact* account you need assistance with?

- First and Last Name on account
- Sign-In ID (email address)
- Online ID

Edited: Thank you for your information.
Edited: Let's do some steps.
Edited: Please go to settings>PSN>restore licenses>set your console as your primary.
You: ok did both
Edited: Please go to the store and try to download from there.
You: still not working
You: It is still trying to charge me for the episode
Edited: Try to download it from here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/games
You: That does not work either
You: still trying to charge me for the episode
Edited: Let mecheck.
Edited: Go to Settings > System Storage Management > Applications
Select a game title and press OPTIONS
Select "Delete" and press X
You: I already tried redownloading it this morning, it still didnt work
Edited: Locate the game in the library and select "Download" to reinstall it. For DLC, scroll down to "Related Items" and press X. Then select "My Add-Ons" and press X. This should provide a list of DLC that you own for the selected game title. Select the "Download" buttons beside an individual DLC item and press X.
You: I already did that before starting this chat
You: it didnt work
Edited: Let's do some steps.
Edited: Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later.
Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
You: ok
You: now what?
Edited: Select option 5 rebuild database please.
You: ok it is done
Edited: Go to the library and try to download it.
You: nope still trying to charge me
Edited: Let me check.
Edited: In this case it appears like a licenses issue, my recommendation could be to try again later.
Edited: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: well I mean I spent my money on something that doesn't work, so leaving this unsolved is annoying
Edited: Sorry for the inconvenience I already reported your issue and my recommendation is to try again later.
Edited: Have a wonderful day and thanks for contacting us.

njean777

Like, specifically what happens?

Because with my pre-ordered Complete Season Pass I had some major problems getting Episode 2 to work at first.

If you bought the first episode separately and then purchased the season pass there is no way to get episode 2 as of right now. It tries to make you purchase the episode instead of letting you download it. Also in the in game store it doesn't let your download it at all either and makes you try to purchase it.

FLAguy954

They're character specific as far as I know, not really sure if it can be inherited. They're unlocked by default and can all be leveled up.

They can be inherited. There is even a Raid Record for inheriting another character's skill.

EDIT: On the other hand, idk if that achievement applies to active or passive skills...

Lucent

Like, specifically what happens?

Because with my pre-ordered Complete Season Pass I had some major problems getting Episode 2 to work at first.

Well when I go to campaign and select continue, it says I can't because I don't own episode 2. It has a folder on episode 2 with an arrow above it pointing down which wants me to download it by buying it. It just takes me to the episode 2 for $5.99 page.

When I go to check my content in the game menu, compatibility dlc, srason pass, and Hunk dlc are all checked. I have to do something for it to update and it'll put a check mark on episode 2. But when I exit and come back in, the check mark is gone until I update it again.

Just can't access episode 2.

Can't access the new Raid stuff either. It's like Hunk is the only thing that worked.

SeanTSC

If you bought the first episode separately and then purchased the season pass there is no way to get episode 2 as of right now. It tries to make you purchase the episode instead of letting you download it. Also in the in game store it doesn't let your download it at all either and makes you try to purchase it.

Ah, that's lame as hell.

My problem was it downloaded Episode 2 (from the webstore), but wouldn't recognize that I had "bought" it in game. It kept telling me to purchase it, but wouldn't make me actually purchase it, it would just go to the download thing for it and then not do anything and repeat that over and over.

I ended up Deleting just that file from the PS4 download menu and then redownloading it from the In-game store page. Then it still didn't work. Then I turned my PS4 off, turned it back on, it gave some Installing message when I booted up Rev2, then it worked.

Top Bottom