• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Guys I figured out how to pre-load on the the ps4. You just have to go to the webstore, go to your download list, choose RE:RE2 and it should start on the ps4.

tesqui

Just bought the season for $20. At this point the reviews won't change the fact that i'm going to play through this game. I'm hyped regardless!

lum0s

Banned
Been trying to access the store page for the PS3 version for the past couple of days. It's been dead as far as a pre-order is concerned--no option at all. Apparently Sony and/or Capcom doesn't want me buying it.

Also heard they'll implement cross-buy with PS3/PS4 if you pre-order. Guess I'm out of luck. Ridiculous.

Squire

Banned
Reviews should be for the 4 (or 6) episodes imo, initial impressions for the first, it makes sense.

It's going to be reviews of the first episode. The media won't treat this any differently than TellTale games and there's no reason too. Episodes will release weekly and so will reviews unless sites decide it's not worth it.

kuYuri

I pre-ordered from GMG as well, my first pre-order in a long time. So hyped!

Will be streaming this as soon as I get my code. Will be in 60fps as well!

tav7623

Been trying to access the store page for the PS3 version for the past couple of days. It's been dead as far as a pre-order is concerned--no option at all. Apparently Sony and/or Capcom doesn't want me buying it.

Also heard they'll implement cross-buy with PS3/PS4 if you pre-order. Guess I'm out of luck. Ridiculous.

uhh........why not just go here and pre-order the PS4 version?

Since it's cross buy it doesn't matter which version you pre - order since you get both PS3 & PS4 versions.

P.S. I know this method works cause I accidentally pre-ordered the PS4 version of Resident Evil Remastered HD through the PSN store website earlier this year (even though I don't have a PS4) and was able to get/pre-load the PS3 version of the game.

lum0s

Banned
uhh........why not just go here and pre-order the PS4 version?

Since it's cross buy it doesn't matter which version you pre - order since you get both the PS3 & PS4 versions.

P.S. I know this method works cause I accidentally pre-order the PS4 version of Resident Evil Remastered HD through the PSN store website earlier this year (even though I don't have a PS4) and was able to get/pre-load the PS3 version of the game.

Couple reasons. First, they said they won't implement cross-buy until later. When is "later"? Who knows.

Second, it doesn't officially state that it's cross-buy on the store page, so if they decide to terminate that idea, or alter it (to, say, PS4/Vita cross-buy instead, or whatever the case), then I'm high and dry since I don't yet own a PS4.

Jawmuncher

See this is definitely what Raid should be,
A mixture of characters, maps from across the series and finally enemies from across the series(newer monsters, standard zombies, hunters, and so on).

Man just imagine if they added the LIN mansion as a DLC map.
We're slowly getting to our dream Raid/Mercs game spanning the whole REUniverse. Honestly more surprised they didn't try that first as their digital only Resident Evil.
How many RE6 levels? So many, loving it!

New Raid Barry mission: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEnXMXq3C2g
This is looking like a best of both worlds to me. Wasn't a big fan of raid in REV1 but this looks to be fixing any issues I had. So long as the grind ain't ridiculous for later stuff I'm gonna be all over this.

JJD

Yeah, looks like pre-load is fucked right now.

Weird, since it worked last night.

Yup...can't download the game. Even the webstore is fucked up, when I press the "Download to your PS4" button the page just keeps loading.

tav7623

Couple reasons. First, they said they won't implement cross-buy until later. When is "later"? Who knows.

Second, it doesn't officially state that it's cross-buy on the store page, so if they decide to terminate that idea, or alter it (to, say, PS4/Vita cross-buy instead, or whatever the case), then I'm high and dry since I don't yet own a PS4.

My understanding is that the "later" they are referring to is for those who had pre-ordered the Complete Season prior to this announcement (they mention this in the Announcement which I've linked to below). Also I seriously doubt they will change it to PS4/Vita since it's already been announced as being PS3/PS4 and the game is literally hours away from launching.

Official Capcom Resident Evil Revelations 2 SCEA Cross Buy Announcement

Squire

Banned
Yup...can't download the game. Even the webstore is fucked up, when I press the "Download to your PS4" button the page just keeps loading.

It did that for me on a few i assigns this week, but the stuff I bought just automatically downloaded, including the pre-load for RER2.

mikeebi3

My understanding is that the "later" they are referring to is for those who had pre-ordered the Complete Season prior to this announcement (they mention this in the Announcement which I've linked to below). Also I seriously doubt they will change it to PS4/Vita since it's already been announced as being PS3/PS4 and the game is literally hours away from launching.

Can confirm that the 'later' is just later that day. Since the pre-load goes live at midnight, the cross-buy stuff won't actually be available till PSN rolls over sometime tuesday afternoon.

We're slowly getting to our dream Raid/Mercs game spanning the whole REUniverse. Honestly more surprised they didn't try that first as their digital only Resident Evil.
Hopefully if they ever do that, they can make new mini sections based on Spencer Mansion and the RPD since they currently either really outdated & pre-rendered backgrounds..

They could use ORC assets as well but I don't recall any sections that make for a good map.

If you want to send Capcom a message DONT buy this game

RE Remake did very well sending a strong signal that people want quality RE games again. if this game performs well it will send mixed messages.

Manu

RE Remake did very well sending a strong signal that people want quality RE games again. if this game performs well it will send mixed messages.

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

Jawmuncher

Hopefully if they ever do that, they can make new mini sections based on Spencer Mansion and the RPD since they currently either really outdated & pre-rendered backgrounds..
They would have to put work in to really get attention. So yeah recreation of iconic locales and the like are a must.

Nah. Just means they should have a place for both. Both styles can live together. Capcom just needs to realize it.

lum0s

Banned

Ah, well I hope you're right. I'll go ahead and pre-order the PS4 version then, if that's the case. Just a little wary since PSN is often so obstinate with refunds and often aren't the most sympathetic with such things.

ezekial45

Banned

We can have BOTH, you know. RE Remake already did really well, and it certainly won't hurt if this one succeeds as well. If anything, it'll show that people are still very much invested in RE. That's a good thing.

Don't turn this into some contest.

AdaWong

4 characters are going to be guest characters in Raid Mode. One coming with each episode.

Episode one has Jill in her Revelations model.

There are three other "familiar" faces we are going to see over the next episodes.

Two theories here:

1) The three other characters are going to be from Revelations, too. Since they ported the exact model from that game, logically they would also port more, so they will port Chris, Parker and Jessica, who are the main characters of Revelations (with Jill.)

2) The stages are ported from RE6 exactly, and considering the low budget of this game; porting is the easiest route to add more content with minimum costs. This could mean that they will also port RE6 characters (since there are atLEAST 4 RE6 maps in Raid already) and the other 3 are going to be Leon, Chris and Ada. This way all the main RE characters are in the game. (Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Claire).

TLDR version:

The 5 "guest" characters are:
1) Wesker
2) Jill
3) Chris
4) Parker
5) Jessica

OR

1) Wesker
2) Jill
3) Chris
4) Ada
5) Leon

Jawmuncher

4 characters are going to be guest characters in Raid Mode. One coming with each episode.

Episode one has Jill in her Revelations model.

There are three other "familiar" faces we are going to see over the next episodes.

Two theories here:

1) The three other characters are going to be from Revelations, too. Since they ported the exact model from that game, logically they would also port more, so they will port Chris, Parker and Jessica, who are the main characters of Revelations (with Jill.)

2) The stages are ported from RE6 exactly, and considering the low budget of this game; porting is the easiest route to add more content with minimum costs. This could mean that they will also port RE6 characters (since there are atLEAST 4 RE6 maps in Raid already) and the other 3 are going to be Leon, Chris and Ada. This way all the main RE characters are in the game. (Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada, Wesker, Claire).

TLDR version:

The 5 "guest" characters are:
1) Wesker
2) Jill
3) Chris
4) Parker
5) Jessica

OR

1) Wesker
2) Jill
3) Chris
4) Ada
5) Leon

Please God be RE6 versions (aside from maybe Chris so we can have sailor costume).
But yeah I was thinking something similar as well. We could know by tomorrow if a reviewer gives us the goods.

tav7623

Ah, well I hope you're right. I'll go ahead and pre-order the PS4 version then, if that's the case. Just a little wary since PSN is often so obstinate with refunds and often aren't the most sympathetic with such things.

I've heard that about them, but I haven't had to experience it first hand (yet), anyways thought I should also point out the quote below from Mikeebi3 (I believe it's the same guy who had posted the Cross Buy announcement on the Capcom blog that I had linked to) just in case.

Can confirm that the 'later' is just later that day. Since the pre-load goes live at midnight, the cross-buy stuff won't actually be available till PSN rolls over sometime tuesday afternoon.

I like both styles of RE if you don't mind... (both meaning RE4, and REmake style...not whatever the hell RE6 was)

How do I preload this on the PS4?

It doesn't give me the option on the game page.

This worked for me:

Guys I figured out how to pre-load on the the ps4. You just have to go to the webstore, go to your download list, choose RE:RE2 and it should start on the ps4.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I was talking about this on Skype with some friends. It looks like each episode will include one Revelations 2 character and one old returning character for Raid Mode.

In episode one, we have Gina Foley for the new character, Jill Valentine for the returning character. We know the other three new characters thanks to Famitsu, who showed the four new characters who will be released per episode for Raid Mode, but the other three returning characters are a mystery.

We have 10 characters confirmed so far, including Wesker and HUNK, who are DLC. We know it's 15 total, and have it confirmed now the 15 total do not include costumes (which can be selected, but don't change the character or count as a character slot). Three of the unconfirmed characters are returning characters, most likely from Revelations 1 and Resident Evil 6 (due to returning stages coming from these). The female villain, or 'Onlooker' is probably playable in Raid Mode and unlocked with the final episode as well. The first episode also gives you Barry, Claire, and Moria, and the last episode I suspect will also give you this villain character. There's a 15th character, but I'm not sure who, maybe it'll just end up being Natalia?

My bets are one of the returning characters for one of the episodes will be Chris Redfield. Come on, how can you have Claire, Jill, Wesker, and Barry playable in a mode together, but not have Chris? Plus Chris was in both Revelations 1 and Resident Evil 6. He's basically a shoe-in.

AdaWong

I was talking about this on Skype with some friends. It looks like each episode will include one Revelations 2 character and one old returning character for Raid Mode.

In episode one, we have Gina Foley for the new character, Jill Valentine for the returning character. We know the other three new characters thanks to Famitsu, who showed the four new characters who will be released per episode for Raid Mode, but the other three returning characters are a mystery.

We have 10 characters confirmed so far, including Wesker and HUNK, who are DLC. Three of the unconfirmed characters are returning characters, most likely from Revelations 1 and Resident Evil 6 (due to returning stages coming from these). The female villain, or 'Onlooker' is probably playable in Raid Mode and unlocked with the final episode as well. The first episode also gives you Barry, Claire, and Moria, and the last episode I suspect will also give you this villain character. There's a 15th character, but I'm not sure who, maybe it'll just end up being Natalia?

My bets are one of the returning characters for one of the episodes will be Chris Redfield. Come on, how can you have Claire, Jill, Wesker, and Barry playable in a mode together, but not have Chris, plus Chris was in both Revelations 1 and Resident Evil 6. He's basically a shoe-in.

I know the last character.
It's Natalia... But not in her human form.

Dusk Golem

^As a heads-up to people, if you don't want Revelations 2 spoilers, don't read that spoiler above or what I'm about to write.

I know the last character.
It's Natalia... But not in her human form.

Are we sure she mutates? I know she loses her eye due to something I saw in the artbook, but I've heard people saying in spoilers recently she mutates and that the main villain of the game is Alex Wesker, so I've been wondering if there's a source for this? I mean, both have been my guesses for a while, but people have been mentioning it as fact recently, so curious.

Dusk Golem

AdaWong, was that an actual spoiler or speculation? Because if it was a spoiler, god fucking dammit.

I think speculation, but due to what it pertains too, I tried to make a post under it warning others not to read if they don't want spoilers. XD;

AdaWong

^As a heads-up to people, if you don't want Revelations 2 spoilers, don't read that spoiler above or what I'm about to write.

Are we sure she mutates? I know she loses her eye due to something I saw in the artbook, but I've heard people saying in spoilers recently she mutates and that the main villain of the game is Alex Wesker, so I've been wondering if there's a source for this? I mean, both have been my guesses for a while, but people have been mentioning it as fact recently, so curious.

It's too obvious:

1) The artbook shows her second half of her face and eye distorted as you know already,

2) Have you noticed Capcom describing her as having "abnormal abilities" and what not? She can "sense" monsters (because she is infected or has been experimented on by female villain), her abilitiy is a giveaway that something is up.

3) Natalia cannot use guns in the campaign, but so can't Moira. Yet, Moira is already playable in Raid mode. Why not include Natalia, too? If she's one of the four main characters. Why not have her playable from the beginning like the others? It doesn't make sense to have her playable in the campaign but not in the extra modes. Unless... She is playable but in another form.

4) The easiest giveaway to this theory:
Notice how Capcom assigns characters to each "episode"?

Penal Colony = Claire
Judgement = Barry
Contemplation = Moira

And...
Metamorphosis = Natalia.

Posts like these are why I have a hard time taking old-school RE fans seriously in any post RE4 (3? lol) game thread :/

If anything this game looks like its trying to return more closely to earlier RE with the creepy atmosphere and lack of any big action sequences. I'm sure Capcpom is looking very closely at the publics reaction to this...

AdaWong

AdaWong, was that an actual spoiler or speculation? Because if it was a spoiler, god fucking dammit.
This is all speculation. But there is some proof that backs it up.

I wouldn't have it covered in the SPOILER tag if I knew that the speculation was baseless.

Top Bottom