• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

JJD

I'm playing on the PS4 and while I'm really liking the game and Raid mode I gotta say the controls are quite bad.

I had noticed this since I booted the game for the first time, but I played BF4 for a couple hours today to test the new patch and the difference is huge. I know one is a FPS and the other a third person shooter but Gears of War for example always felt really smooth and responsive IMO. Comparable to a FPS.

I'm playing with all camera settings set to 10 and the fast camera option enabled for both aiming and third person camera control and it's still too slow and unresponsive.

It seems there is a huge dead zone while moving the sticks. Most times instead of carefully aiming with the right stick I'll just aim at the enemies head height and strafe until I get a headshot.

Anyone else feeling the same?

On a second note I just learned that you're free to use herbs on the daily missions without a negative impact to how much money/exp you earn.

I only managed to beat today's daily challenge using herbs.

Dr Dogg

Well finished up Episode 2 earlier and despite finishing both Claire and Barry's segments in around the same time as I did the first Episode they did feel a little longer. Also now most of the PC issues I had are back to how they were on launch, combined with realising that putting Steam in offline mode will allow me to boot up Raid mode without crashing has got me back on the excited for next weeks instalment train again. Though finding out that you need to complete 10 different levels to unlock Jill in Raid mode did my nut in as stupidly I was replaying the same few levels with each character :(

Well finished up Episode 2 earlier and despite finishing both Claire and Barry's segments in around the same time as I did the first Episode they did feel a little longer. Also now most of the PC issues I had are back to how they were on launch, combined with realising that putting Steam in offline mode will allow me to boot up Raid mode without crashing has got me back on the excited for next weeks instalment train again. Though finding out that you need to complete 10 different levels to unlock Jill in Raid mode did my nut in as stupidly I was replaying the same few levels with each character :(

Keep in my mind that you need the completionist medals and not just beat the levels.

Did they fix the glitch in Raid that if you started a reload and then evaded it automatically has your gun loaded?

Was doing this alot with Jill and her SMGs but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Dr Dogg

Keep in my mind that you need the completionist medals and not just beat the levels.

Yeah I spotted that when I went to check exactly what the requirements were. Though I had 5 Stared the 4 levels I kept on redoing so only 5 or so hours wasted! Still, bloody good fun though.

This episode was fantastic. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first although, that was great too.

I've enjoyed Claire's parts more so far as I've felt more tension facing her enemies. Barry's are a tad too easy to deal with at times.

But the ending
to Barry's segment was just flat out eerie. Really well done and I'm happy that they've decided to bring Alex Wesker into the fray.

also...I mistakenly thought the beta co-op patch and the public patch were the same outside of the co-op part...they aren't

one of the fixes on the public patch disabled the mouse cursor from being visible if you had a controller plugged in...the beta patch doesn't fix that as far as I can see from playing with it installed

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm playing on the PS4 and while I'm really liking the game and Raid mode I gotta say the controls are quite bad.

I had noticed this since I booted the game for the first time, but I played BF4 for a couple hours today to test the new patch and the difference is huge. I know one is a FPS and the other a third person shooter but Gears of War for example always felt really smooth and responsive IMO. Comparable to a FPS.

I'm playing with all camera settings set to 10 and the fast camera option enabled for both aiming and third person camera control and it's still too slow and unresponsive.

It seems there is a huge dead zone while moving the sticks. Most times instead of carefully aiming with the right stick I'll just aim at the enemies head height and strafe until I get a headshot.

Anyone else feeling the same?

On a second note I just learned that you're free to use herbs on the daily missions without a negative impact to how much money/exp you earn.

I only managed to beat today's daily challenge using herbs.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

"Fast camera" is basically aim acceleration. Turn that shit to "none" on both straightaway. Acceleration is the grossest shit man, especially if you're coming from a fps that rarely has it.

Crank up the free camera to 9 or 10 and then the aiming sensitivity where it's comfortable (I have it 6-7 or something) but turn OFF fast aim.

JJD

"Fast camera" is basically aim acceleration. Turn that shit to "none" on both straightaway. Acceleration is the grossest shit man, especially if you're coming from a fps that rarely has it.

Crank up the free camera to 9 or 10 and then the aiming sensitivity where it's comfortable (I have it 6-7 or something) but turn OFF fast aim.

Haha! I'll turn off fast camera then! Hopefully it will make a good difference for me!

Thanks for the heads up Evolved!

Jawmuncher

Whats funny is I am playing on Default settings and im just fine with it.
Then again I play RE6 with the original camera perspective as well. Though I do have to up the camera sensitivity there.

Seyavesh

episode 3 confirmed tower of hanoi and water treatment puzzles for 3 hours straight to satisfy everyone's need for them

also one block pushing puzzle

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
episode 3 confirmed tower of hanoi and water treatment puzzles for 3 hours straight to satisfy everyone's need for them

also one block pushing puzzle

Oh my, Uhh, I'll just say this, file digging has revealed a lot of things about the game, but the actual episode content doesn't show up until the episode is released. But I am a social little butterfly. You can pretty much gather this from the next episode preview, so I think it's alright to say, but the four chosen words I'd pull from what I know is;
-Meat
-Puzzles
-Factory
-Saw-Esque

So you're 100% sure Gauntlet Omega is...

I will cut the speculation not to get anyone's hopes up about Gauntlet Very Hard Ω - it is NOT anything special, just a decent level to finish that part of the mode. Won't say anything about what comes later, though!

here's a preview of the barry show: http://dadjokegenerator.com

First one I got was:
"What do vegetarian zombies say?
Grrrrrainnnnnssss."

I could totally see Barry saying something like that in English version.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I do hope the last area gets expanded on and explored more,
though as Natalia says the place has really changed, I guess we will see more of it?

Neiteio

I will cut the speculation not to get anyone's hopes up about Gauntlet Very Hard Ω - it is NOT anything special, just a decent level to finish that part of the mode. Won't say anything about what comes later, though!
Is it a Ghost Ship-style level spanning the entire island?

Just finished, very impressive episode. The
city and tower areas
looked properly demented, and the
seaside town
had a nice atmosphere as well.

On to raid mode!

Edit: Fuck having to level up each character individually!

So could I have
killed pedro during Claire's chapter
and would that have gotten me anything?

Also, should I have picked up the
other shotgun as Claire? Or should I have left it for Barry if he happens to go through the same area? Because now I have two shotguns...

At this point I want Resident Evil 7 to be just like this game, only with obviously better production value. It's really fun to play but also has the horror aspects. And imagine if it has Raid Mode and Mercenaries. Holy balls. BALLS...

Vamphuntr

I have wesker downloaded, but he isn't showing up in raid mode. Do I have to unlock him?

It probably glitched, once you download him he's available.

Raid mode eventually gets frustrating when enemies start getting invisible. Not talking about the fly thing but pretty much everything can get invisible.

Seyavesh

Also, should I have picked up the
other shotgun as Claire? Or should I have left it for Barry if he happens to go through the same area? Because now I have two shotguns...

barry doesn't actually go through that area, you just now have 2 shotguns. the auto shotty does less damage than the double barrel though so it's just a decision thing in terms of how you like your shotguns

Seyavesh

okay i need someone to confirm this for me:

do different mercs characters have different defense values/accuracy values?

i'm asking because i noticed this when playing as pedro: when he's injured heavily he can't sprint and his aim goes to total shit, unlike the other raid mode characters.

it also feels like he takes more damage and has way more sway on his aim than other characters but i can't tell if that's just me or the character

jediyoshi

Am I missing something with Claire's episode 2 boss or am I just awful at this game?

Granted you weren't using them a bunch leading up to it, you should have roughly a million throwables by the time you reach the boss. The real key for me was clearing out what you can across the room before triggering him so you can just focus on the boss.

Jawmuncher

At this point I want Resident Evil 7 to be just like this game, only with obviously better production value. It's really fun to play but also has the horror aspects. And imagine if it has Raid Mode and Mercenaries. Holy balls. BALLS...

I need my re6 gameplay though.

Apparently Claire has some kind of invisible bell around her neck that alerts the enemies from a mile away that she's around. I know her chapters aren't meant to be played "stealthy" but they could have cut down the enemy vision range by a few hundred feet.

I'm just taking my time with Claire's chapter for this new episode. I did notice that performance has been better as far as I can tell with the PC version. One of the rooms in this chapter is similar to one from Episode One that dropped frames to the slideshow effect. In this chapter it was no issue.

Grisby

So...that ending of episode 2.
OF COURSE WESKER HAS A DAUGHTER. At this point resident evil 12 will be about going after the family cat, whiskers.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So...that ending of episode 2.
OF COURSE WESKER HAS A DAUGHTER. At this point resident evil 12 will be about going after the family cat, whiskers.
Not
a daughter, an adopted sister.

Wikia article here. She was first introduced in the files of Lost in Nightmares, in RE5.

Top Bottom