• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Hopy crap gauntlet v level II
63 enemies, 58 of which are speedy dudes and the other 5 are poisonous brute guys
I don't want to do that on harder difficulties. Gauntlet V levels demand you have a good shotgun.

Grisby

Yeah, if each episode keeps ratcheting up the tension its gonna turn out to be a good ride.

Felt more spooked at points in episode 2 then I have with the whole series in a long time.

I need my re6 gameplay though.

It can have that. This isn't too different, it just doesn't have quite as many abilities.

Do we know who
the big monstrosity at the end of episode two is
? I don't want to know, I'm just wondering if I should know at this point.

Astral Dog

Not
a daughter, an adopted sister.

Wikia article here. She was first introduced in the files of Lost in Nightmares, in RE5.
An adopted sister, is that new?
The files on RE5 only mention Alex was part of the Wesker children, but not actually an adopted sister of Albert, although they met before, so there is something i missed.
It can have that. This isn't too different, it just doesn't have quite as many abilities.

Do we know who
Its the same character revealed at that point.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Do we know who

I think it's Alex?

Okay, I just didn't know if
it was her or something else as her notes mention a "decrepit old man" and the monster that appeared at the end wasn't exactly easy to make heads or tails out of

Astral Dog

Okay, I just didn't know if
it was her or something else as her notes mention a "decrepit old man" and the monster that appeared at the end wasn't exactly easy to make heads or tails out of
Well, i haven't read the notes, what does it say about an old man?
But you can see a womans hand when it points at Natalia

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
An adopted sister, is that new?
The files on RE5 only mention Alex was part of the Wesker children, but not actually an adopted sister of Albert, although they met before, so there is something i missed.
Well, they aren't genetically related, but they share the same surname, given to them by Spencer. So I'm assuming that she is an adopted sister of sorts. All of the Wesker children would technically be adopted siblings, wouldn't they? Spencer basically took them from their parents and raised them together. Although it hardly matters for the most part, as Alex is the only one left alive at this point.

Well, i haven't read the notes, what does it say about an old man?
But you can see a womans hand when it points at Natalia

just some notes you read on the way up the stairs, I think it's Alex referring to someone who was trying to rule the world as a god but had a disease which made me think it was referring to Spencer, and goes onto say that she'll pretty much pick up where he left off. At any rate, I really hope this is the new main villain of the series and that they don't kill her off in this one but put her in the next

Astral Dog

Well, they aren't genetically related, but they share the same surname, given to them by Spencer. So I'm assuming that she is an adopted sister of sorts. All of the Wesker children would technically be adopted siblings, wouldn't they? Spencer basically took them from their parents and raised them together. Although it hardly matters for the most part, as Alex is the only one left alive at this point.
Oh, i never considered they were raised together, it makes sense that he knows her then, i assumed he searched for Alex after learning the truth, and that the W children were raised differently.
just some notes you read on the way up the stairs, I think it's Alex referring to someone who was trying to rule the world as a god but had a disease which made me think it was referring to Spencer, and goes onto say that she'll pretty much pick up where he left off. At any rate, I really hope this is the new main villain of the series and that they don't kill her off in this one but put her in the next
Definetly Spencer.
i think they will kill her off, maybe, maaaybe set the stage for RE7 in a way. or other REV game, she can still be a good villain/final boss, but she is the only antagonist so far...

Seyavesh

re: all the above posts: (end of ep2 spoilers)
the note sounds exactly like the RE5 wesker monologue he gives to spencer. like they really could not have made it any more similar beyond literally copy/pasting the dialogue from that cutscene.

i must admit though i am wildly dissapointed that 'shades all the time' isn't some insane family habit though. i guess that's too corny though

foxdvd

I wanna go on record saying that by the time the whole game's out, this could be the best RE since 4.

I am going to go on record and say even if they don't come out with the next two episodes....it already is. (and I actually loved RE5 and 6)

Jawmuncher

I wanna go on record saying that by the time the whole game's out, this could be the best RE since 4.

Shit I only played episode one and it was damn good. Can't wait to play ep 2 tomorrow. This is already everything Rev1 should have been

Lucent

Just quoting the game :p

Anyway, what is broken? I've seen posts about it but I'm not too sure what it is.

When you go to the PlayStation store in the game, it shows I have the $19.99 season pass, but chapter 2 isn't checked until I try to download the pass again and back out. But it only tells me to buy the episode when I select it. Going to the campaign tells me to download it too and says I don't have episode 2. When you go to downloads in the Season Pass, Hunk is all that's available).

It's easily better than RE4 for me, but that's the fanboy in me speaking out. RE4 was fun but didn't do anything for me story wise. It felt like a very cynical installment for it to go in the direction it did, almost like they didn't give a shit about the established story up until that point and not only threw it out but brought in a bunch of stupid bullshit that wasn't in any way better. If RE4 threw out the story but introduced more interesting elements that would have been one thing, but it didn't.

Astral Dog

Independently if its the best since RE4 or not, Who would have thought this was going to turn out decent? i remember a very mixed reaction to this game when it was revealed.
It's easily better than RE4 for me, but that's the fanboy in me speaking out. RE4 was fun but didn't do anything for me story wise. It felt like a very cynical installment for it to go in the direction it did, almost like they didn't give a shit about the established story up until that point and not only threw it out but brought in a bunch of stupid bullshit that wasn't in any way better. If RE4 threw out the story but introduced more interesting elements that would have been one thing, but it didn't.
Well, RE4 had an amazing atmosphere and entertaining characters, more than RE5 and 6 imo, it felt fresh wich is what Mikami wanted.
But, different opinions and that.
Umbrella was handled in a very clumsy way though, the story could work with them still around.

Pretty sure high capacity shotgun + ice bottles break raid mode. Just had a mission where something like 6 ironheads spawn in a short amount of time in a highway and I basically killed them all in 3 shots each and never took damage. Not to mention 1 hit kills on afflicted/zombie dudes, easy targeting for the orange weakspot on some enemies... it's ridiculous.

mhs004

This is my first Resident Evil.

I'm really enjoying it so far.

As far for the ending
I know who Wesker is and that he was the big bad but I really don't know much more. Despite that when his sister stuff was reveal it was and ohh shit moment for me. Makes me want to play more RE games honestly lol.

I would love to play more RE games but I only have an PS4 and WII U. I have a 360 at my old place I may have to go find it and dust it off now.

I thought RE5 was great, still one of the best co-op experiences even today.

This game is really ramping up in the intensity, I was pretty good at getting head shots and using switch combos with Moira a lot more effectively but was still counting ammo through out. That is a great balance.

Still not sure what is up with the performance of the PC version. I'm wondering if the loading screen isn't actually loading anything and just drops you in to play before everything has been properly loaded in to the memory. It only stutters at the beginning of each hard transition (for me anyway).

Astral Dog

As far for the ending
I know who Wesker is and that he was the big bad but I really don't know much more. Despite that when his sister stuff was reveal it was and ohh shit moment for me. Makes me want to play more RE games honestly lol.

I would love to play more RE games but I only have an PS4 and WII U. I have a 360 at my old place I may have to go find it and dust it off now.
Start with REmake, its an old school horror game, the controls are a bit outdated but you will be fine.(expect something different)
Then play RE4 and RE5, If you are still interested on story stuff, look at Darkside Chronicles for Wii, its a rail shooter but an impressive one, that retells two classic games.

mhs004

Start with REmake, its an old school game, the controls are a bit outdated but you will be fine.
Then play RE4 and RE5, If you are still interested on story stuff, look at Darkside Chronicles for Wii, its a rail shooter but an impressive one, that retells two classic games.

Sweet! Thanks my man I'll check them out now.

Well, RE4 had an amazing atmosphere and entertaining characters, more than RE5 and 6 imo, it felt fresh wich is what Mikami wanted.

RE4 had amazing atmosphere before the castle and through some of it... after that, eh. Wasn't terribly impressed. I thought it kept going for too long and lost most of the great atmosphere that was prevalent in its first half. It could have taken the fresh direction while sticking with the established story. The characters were entertaining, but Revelations 2 has very entertaining characters without feeling random or tacked on.

They didn't need to outright change the story just to make the game more fresh and I think recent installments are proving that ten-fold. They've been just as entertaining if not more so than RE4. RE6 is certainly a hell of a lot more fun to actually play, it's just not as focused overall as RE4 was, despite that game, again, wearing out its welcome by about 6 hours. I like RE4 plenty and I get why people love it, I'm just arguing that I don't think it needed to do an about face on the plot to feel fresh.

Around 2 is a safe bet. They have a lot of replayability though.

This is very true. I've played through the first episode several times and just got through my second playthrough of episode two. There's still more for me to do as well, and I don't feel too burned out on it. Maybe on the first episode a little bit :p

Manu

Independently if its the best since RE4 or not, Who would havethought this was going to turn out decent? i remember a very mixed reaction to this game when it was revealed.

I know I didn't. I mean, I wanted it to be good, but didn't expect much after being so disappointed with the first Revelations.

So far this one's hitting all the right notes. All it's missing is some old school RE puzzles.

Jawmuncher

I know I didn't. I mean, I wanted it to be good, but didn't expect much after being so disappointed with the first Revelations.

So far this one's hitting all the right notes. All it's missing is some old school RE puzzles.

In the exact boat as well.
Aside from not really caring about the puzzles making a return or not.
Always felt they were more of a roadblock for speed runs more than anything else.

Grisby

e4AQa.png

Jump on the Remake bro and prepare to tense. Gotta see how it all started.
Pretty sure high capacity shotgun + ice bottles break raid mode. Just had a mission where something like 6 ironheads spawn in a short amount of time in a highway and I basically killed them all in 3 shots each and never took damage. Not to mention 1 hit kills on afflicted/zombie dudes, easy targeting for the orange weakspot on some enemies... it's ridiculous.
Good thing I like Claire, shottys, and ice bottles.

Papercuts

This is very true. I've played through the first episode several times and just got through my second playthrough of episode two. There's still more for me to do as well, and I don't feel too burned out on it. Maybe on the first episode a little bit :p

I think I'm more burned on ep. 1 just because of the forced walk/tutorial stuff.

I still have a few medals to get for it too. x_x

Ice bottles? You guys should try smoke....

Yeah, smoke is crazy. Free kills. Some enemies make it rough though, mainly the shielded ones that have toxic gas around them.

Ascenion

Been watching streams of this all night. I really wanna jump on it especially since my mom gave me the gift card she got with HP stream, but something is holding me back.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Yeah, smoke is crazy. Free kills. Some enemies make it rough though, mainly the shielded ones that have toxic gas around them.

You can usually get the stealth kill without taking too much damage. I love smoking and stealth killing a fire/ice/electric guy in a crowd... he blows up and kills everyone.

lol

Papercuts

There is no forced walk or tutorials when replaying.

There's a few brief ones like Claire/Moira getting stopped for the bracelet talk, early with Barry and getting stopped in place when it introduces swapping.

It stayed like that for me doing the invisible enemy and countdown modes.

If you're describing RE6 you're doing a terrible job. Yeah, it had QTE's but... there was plenty of gameplay. :p

Well I was playing RE6 recently and played Leon's campaign. Half of it was shooting zombie's in badly lit environments and the rest was literally QTEs (that fish monster lol) and a bunch of bad setpieces. And a 2 chapter long boss fight.

It's been a while since I played the rest of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e: maybe I should of worded it that REV2 actually seems to take advantage of its gameplay system, lol

I found RE6 to be the most diverse gameplay wise in the series. I wish the QTE's were toned down, but RE4 also had a lot of QTE's. Still plenty of actual game there though.

Top Bottom