• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This screenshot is not by me, but saw it in my Steam screenshots feed from a friend who's a modder, but I think he dug this gun out of the files...

D41F44DB064C839F44F3C9CFA1A2C05813BF3DB0

...Huh. I wonder where this gun comes in?

(I've decided not to spoiler mark it as it's a weapon in the game's files I believe, but hoping you guys don't mind, if it's too much, I can spoiler mark it)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
God the black blood splatter effect in the pure white RE6 stages is fucking awesome.

It's like some unfinished swan shit going on in there.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This screenshot is not by me, but saw it in my Steam screenshots feed from a friend who's a modder, but I think he dug this gun out of the files...

...Huh. I wonder where this gun comes in?

(I've decided not to spoiler mark it as it's a weapon in the game's files I believe, but hoping you guys don't mind, if it's too much, I can spoiler mark it)

Sounds like it's something for campaign if it affects rank. Maybe related to S ranking or doing all the medals.

Reebot

The wording on that bubble gun descriptions makes me think its a post completion reward for replays, probably a BP unlock.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
And it plays like a dream.

While the original RE is almost unplayable, RE2 aged like a fine wine.

Original RE is unplayable? I don't know what planet you're from, but original RE1 is best RE.

CVX > RE2

News Bot

Banned
All of this
wesker
talk makes the fact that
he had a off screen relationship even more odd. Since it just doesn't mesh with his character. I need more details on how that worked. Since it was before the mansion incident.

He didn't have a relationship with Alex but if you're referring to Jake's mother, it was during the time he joined the Umbrella Intelligence Division and spied on the U.S. Army as a chemical officer.

Jawmuncher

He didn't have a relationship with Alex but if you're referring to Jake's mother, it was during the time he joined the Umbrella Intelligence Division and spied on the U.S. Army as a chemical officer.

That's interesting I guess he wasn't so hung up on perfect gene's and what not when he had the relationship. I wonder if the reason he was so cold to Excella, was because he wasn't over how it ended even all those years later. They probably hadn't even planned Jake during RE5 but I like how it kind of works.

News Bot

Banned
That's interesting I guess he wasn't so hung up on perfect gene's and what not when he had the relationship. I wonder if the reason he was so cold to Excella, was because he wasn't over how it ended even all those years later. They probably hadn't even planned Jake during RE5 but I like how it kind of works.

Jake definitely wasn't planned before BIO6. It's doubtful there will ever be any good reasoning behind his existence since he was shoe-horned into the series for no real reason. To be honest, "no reason" is how BIO6 got off the ground in the first place, the game's entire concept spawned from a Leon VS Chris artwork that the artist drew out of boredom.

Manu

What I liked about Jake was that they paired him with Sherry.

The talk they have about how both of them have to live with their fathers' mistakes was great.

I still want them to be an official couple.

Jawmuncher

Jake definitely wasn't planned before BIO6. It's doubtful there will ever be any good reasoning behind his existence since he was shoe-horned into the series for no real reason. To be honest, "no reason" is how BIO6 got off the ground in the first place, the game's entire concept spawned from a Leon VS Chris artwork that the artist drew out of boredom.
That's funny since that concept barely even amounted to much in the game itself.

The talk they have about how both of them have to live with their fathers' mistakes was great.

Would be interesting to see if Capcom ever makes any pairing official.

I watched my friend play RE2.

It looked alright.

It's the best one easily but if you weren't "on the train" back in the 90's I could see why you'd think this. I would also like to tell you that I'm so very sorry that you cannot experience it in the same way. It's an amazing game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
How stupid would it be for me to buy the first episode to see if I like it, and count on the fact that the in-game season pass will be fixed within a few days if I want to buy the rest?

FatalT

Banned
Pretty sure you guys tried but I dont see it in the video...did you simply go to the campaign,continue screen and chose episode 2,Claire...you cant choose Barry at first anyway...

I gave that a shot and then it says "You cannot play as you do not have Episode Two. Episode Two is available. Purchase? [Yes] / [No]"

Poop!

How stupid would it be for me to buy the first episode to see if I like it, and count on the fact that the in-game season pass will be fixed within a few days if I want to buy the rest?

Unfortunately stupid since the Throwback Map Pack STILL hasn't been fixed since that was an issue last week. Although if you have the money and you really just want to try it to see if you like it, then buy the PSN season pass for $24.99 instead and just eat the $5.99.

Neiteio

It's the best one easily but if you weren't "on the train" back in the 90's I could see why you'd think this. I would also like to tell you that I'm so very sorry that you cannot experience it in the same way. It's an amazing game.
I might go back and try it. :)

Ralemont

not me
So RE fans, what's the consensus?

Worth every penny so far.

Not as good mechanically as RE6 and not as good atmospherically as REmake, but it's got enough of both to be a nice surprise.

And it has Claire, so that's a few points out of ten in Ralemont's book right off the bat.

RAID mode is also pretty darn fun.

Grisby

I watched my friend play RE2.

It looked alright.
Looks better than that.

RE2 also had the best cover of the whole series (Re4 euro woods one coming in a close second).

3wDL6.png

(the memories of seeing that on the shelf)

Regal us with your fanfiction.
So RE fans, what's the consensus?
It's good. I think if you're an RE fan you should pick it up. The encounters seem to be getting more difficult and the raid mode is crazy for the price.

Ralemont

not me
Regal us with your fanfiction.

"Jake reloaded his Beretta, wiping dusty sweat from his brow as they moved forward. Their eyes darted back and forth, searching for enemies in the wan moonlight.

But Jake thought that maybe, just maybe, he caught Sherry glancing his way as well."

Just need a publisher, guys. If EL James can do it, I can too.

Akibared

"Jake reloaded his Beretta, wiping dusty sweat from his brow as they moved forward. Their eyes darted back and forth, searching for enemies in the wan moonlight.

But Jake thought that maybe, just maybe, he caught Sherry glancing his way as well."

Just need a publisher, guys. If EL James can do it, I can too.

I would buy this!

ArjanN

What it comes down to is that the English writers/translators either don't care about the story at all, or care but are fighting a losing battle with keeping it consistent for English players despite 20 years of piss poor localization.

To be honest I think I actually prefer the goofy callback lines to pseudo-intellectual Kafka references. :p

foxdvd

Finished invisible mode on episode 2...my god that was fun.

This game is something special. Invisible mode makes this the best game I have played since The Last of Us.

Ralemont

not me
Finished invisible mode on episode 2...my god that was fun.

This game is something special. Invisible mode makes this the best game I have played since The Last of Us.

On that note, I am really impressed by how well they've integrated Moira and Natalia. Almost too well as there's no real reason to run around as Claire/Barry outside of combat.

http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/3699/re2-classic-claire-rodeo-costume

Just installed this and looks great. Only downside is you HAVE to have the Rodeo DLC.

Finally Claire looking correct.

:(

Capcom why don't you like money. Make classic skins.

Nemesis_

Gauntlet VII-06 Normal has
High Seas Fortress
as the map.

I think I've seen almost every Resident Evil 6 Mercs map in this game barring the most obvious one :/

Greenzxy

Wow this is great. Mods are why I went with the PC version in the first place. Is there a mod manager for the game yet?

I want to get the PC version, but I heard there's some issues with frame drops and other performances,
I hope it's fixed soon.

Top Bottom