• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Claire didn't interrogate Sherry, though. She got her to calm down, not rile her up more.

Oh I agree, what I said in my previous post was that if Claire had acted the same way, the scene would've been a huge deja-vu. The ideal way of doing it would've been to let Moira handle it from the start and skip Claire's interrogation which was indeed out of character.
I appreciate what the scene did for Moira as a character and and I feel that the writer wanted to avoid ruining the scene by doing a copy/paste from RE2 but it wasn't handled very well, doing it like I said above would've worked better imo, though I guess they wanted Claire to specifically point out Moira's attitude towards Natalia, which is why the scene was written like that.

Am I the only one who found the Episode 3 preview hilarious? The near-slapstick levels of
Moira about to be seriously injured by a wide variety of traps
just seemed so goofy.

Neiteio

I haven't played RE2 or CV, so Claire is relatively new to me. Really loving her character. She's like a female Leon. And I really like her design. She doesn't look or sound like another generic videogame female.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I haven't played RE2 or CV, so Claire is relatively new to me. Really loving her character. She's like a female Leon. And I really like her design. She doesn't look or sound like another generic videogame female.
Have you at least played Darkside Chronicles? That's a fairly accurate representation of her younger incarnation. In RE2, Claire was actually more proactive and assertive than Leon, who came off as kind of a boy scout. Their roles have shifted somewhat, and now they're pretty similar. Interesting that you point that out.

I haven't played RE2 or CV

XdRonKH.gif

FLAguy954

Okay, I have a question: on the skills that mention the final blow, does that pertain to a melee or just the last bullet of the weapon that the skill is equipped on?

Locust

Anyone unlocked the rocket launcher on Jill or Leon yet? Curious if it's some useless single shot thing or if you can get more ammo for it when you level it up.

GavinUK86

I've never really liked the Resident Evil games but for reason, releasing these episodes weekly is really helping me to enjoy this one. I'm actually looking forward to playing Episode 3 now.

With that in mind, is
a female Wesker a big deal? Is it his daughter? I know there was a son in Resi 6, or did that end up being a red herring or something?

Grisby

Christ.

Get on Re2 double stat. It's the best in the series.

Shauni

I've never really liked the Resident Evil games but for reason, releasing these episodes weekly is really helping me to enjoy this one. I'm actually looking forward to playing Episode 3 now.

With that in mind, is
a female Wesker a big deal? Is it his daughter? I know there was a son in Resi 6, or did that end up being a red herring or something?

His sister.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
They aren't blood related and Albert didn't know who she really was. She was kidnapped for the same project and given the chief scientist's surname... that's the only connection.
Then why are they in a picture together?

AdaWong

you have not played RE2?

You didnt play a game where Leon, Claire, Ada and Sherry are together at the same time?

Credibility gone. GONE I tell you.

Akibared

RE2 is my favorite game of all time you must play it!

Ninjimbo

This thread is killing me. I'm waiting for the retail release and every positive impression on the game is making the wait excruciating. Damn you Capcom. :(

Gonna echo everyone else here and say yeah, you really need to play RE2 haha.

How are the Raid missions for episode 2? Halfway through the the levels (although I've only done mission 1 on hard so far) but Raid mode is my new addiction.

The daily missions can level you up in no time. Went from level 8 to 13 after doing the daily mission and character daily mission for Claire.

I will say that my CPU usage is boosted through the roof after playing it for an hour, post patch. I'm talking 85 percent, and before it was like 20, if that.

Pilgrimzero

This thread is killing me. I'm waiting for the retail release and every positive impression on the game is making the wait excruciating. Damn you Capcom. :(

If it helps, I really wish I didn't have to stop playing and wait for more game due to this being episodic. Though, Raid mode helps the wait go by a better.

FaintDeftone

I will say that my CPU usage is boosted through the roof after playing it for an hour, post patch. I'm talking 85 percent, and before it was like 20, if that.

I think this is what's causing a lot of the stuttering and frame dip issues personally. If they fix this, they should be good.

Still, after the latest patch reviving the original graphics profile, I do get better performance. It isn't 100%, but it's playable.

Lucent

ATTENTION: If you have purchased Episode One on PS4 and want to purchase the Season Pass, DO NOT buy the in-game Season Pass that's $19.99. It is currently broken and Capcom/Sony are giving purchasers the runaround on when it will be fixed. Purchase the $24.99 Season Pass from the PSN store and just eat the $5.99.

I have made a video of what happens to me and other owners of the in-game season pass. I would LOVE to play Episode 2 but nope. For anyone who has responded to us in this thread wondering what's going on, please view this:

http://youtu.be/A99XH-COF1E

Two days too late. =(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
There is nothing to call them as they have no relation. They just share the same surname and both have excellent genes.

There is no relation and siblings is neither accurate nor the right word for it, but going by the files, Alex does certainly have admiration for Albert and seemed to think of him as family in some ways. That's not to say that's the relationship they had, because Wesker seemed in part unaware of her specifically and furthermore doesn't seem to care much about anyone but himself, but from her side of things, she did view Albert as the only person who could understand her, and took pride in him being, "a fellow Wesker." I'm not quite sure the word I'd choose to use for that though, but it likely wouldn't be important to mentioning terms of their relationship, as said, they were neither blood related nor had shared feelings on one another, Alex just kind of one-sidedly admired Albert and viewed him as close and somewhat dear.

Ninjimbo

If it helps, I really wish I didn't have to stop playing and wait for more game due to this being episodic. Though, Raid mode helps the wait go by a better.
You're making it worse! Raid mode looks awesome. On top of the campaign, I have that waiting for me. I guess I could try playing the Evil Within again to satiate my need to blast away monsters.

Dusk Golem

You're making it worse! Raid mode looks awesome. On top of the campaign, I have that waiting for me. I guess I could try playing the Evil Within again to satiate my need to blast away monsters.

Evil Within's first campaign DLC is also 5 days away~

JJD

God I just disabled the Fast Aiming Camera and the Fast Camera settings from the options menu and what a difference does it make!

I thought enabling those options would make the camera movement faster but they just fuck up everything!

THANK YOU EVOLVED!!!

SkylineRKR

I only play RER2 and TEW since the past 2 weeks or so. Its funny, because TEW has this insanely good bullet impacts and animations but sucky framerate. And RE has this high framerate and tight controls but sucky impact.

Gonna buy The Assignment for sure and can't wait for RE Episode 3.

Where's the office setting in Raid Mode from? I assumed Resident Evil 6 but I don't remember it, plus it looks too clean. Is it just a new map specifically for Raid Mode?

Dusk Golem

Where's the office setting in Raid Mode from? I assumed Resident Evil 6 but I don't remember it, plus it looks too clean. Is it just a new map specifically for Raid Mode?

The lobby, or a stage?

If the lobby, it's new. If the stage where you start in a really clean room and go through a blue locker room to some halls, that ends with a room with a goal next to a toilet, that is Sherry's area from Jake's Chapter 3 in RE6 (Sherry and Jake are split up from the beginning and go in radically different areas).

So I started Barry's campaign in Episode 2, and got to the part with the
invisible bugs
. I missed a lot of the shots because I had no fucking idea what was going on, and when it
appeared and basically ate Barry
, it scared the living shit out of me because of
entomophobia.
How often do they show up? Do the corpses appear when they are killed?

Jawmuncher

All of this
wesker
talk makes the fact that
he had a off screen relationship even more odd. Since it just doesn't mesh with his character. I need more details on how that worked. Since it was before the mansion incident.

Grisby

invisible bugs
. I missed a lot of the shots because I had no fucking idea what was going on, and when it
ientomophobia.
You can tell by the
buzzing sound and the way the screen get distorted. Nat can see them as well if she's in scout mode. Also, she should be telling you where to fire if you're controlling Barry.

Edit- and yeah they
leave corpses.

SkylineRKR

invisible bugs
ientomophobia.

Quite a bit of them show up after you encounter your first one. And they appear when killed. They're weak though, take like 2 shots or so.

I think the true way to deal with them is using Natalia to locate them and throw a brick at them.

I never used bricks though, I just fired in the direction they were from Natalia's view. I've yet to die to them. I like the distortions they cause though.

The lobby, or a stage?

If the lobby, it's new. If the stage where you start in a really clean room and go through a blue locker room to some halls, that ends with a room with a goal next to a toilet, that is Sherry's area from Jake's Chapter 3 in RE6 (Sherry and Jake are split up from the beginning and go in radically different areas).

Oh I played as Jake so I guess that's why I haven't seen Sherry's part haha.

Ricker

ATTENTION: If you have purchased Episode One on PS4 and want to purchase the Season Pass, DO NOT buy the in-game Season Pass that's $19.99. It is currently broken and Capcom/Sony are giving purchasers the runaround on when it will be fixed. Purchase the $24.99 Season Pass from the PSN store and just eat the $5.99.

I have made a video of what happens to me and other owners of the in-game season pass. I would LOVE to play Episode 2 but nope. For anyone who has responded to us in this thread wondering what's going on, please view this:

http://youtu.be/A99XH-COF1E

Pretty sure you guys tried but I dont see it in the video...did you simply go to the campaign,continue screen and chose episode 2,Claire...you cant choose Barry at first anyway...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I thought it was a hospital but I might be remembering it wrong. But yeah, Jake/Sherry.

The first raid map of Ep. 2 is also the weird stylized section from the Jake section, though I think it looks straining as hell as it's basically pure white.

Top Bottom