• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Manu

Claire, 38.

Probably gonna level some of the other characters (most likely Leon) before I move on to the next gauntlet.

Nemesis_

Wesker, 75

iokcxkV.gif

I might make a video of some Episode 3 content just to show how amazing his evade cancel and improved evade skills are.

SeanTSC

Trying this again! Can people with episode 2 check their Records list for me for the campaign please? I'm still missing this:

It's between "Got the Bomb on Me" and "Sharpshooter" on the Records page. For whatever reason it's totally grayed out with ??? for the Clear Conditions and I have absolutely no clue what it's for and it's bugging the hell out of me. Absolute last thing I have left for Episode 2. 64/65 completed.

Edit: Also wondering what I'm missing from the Tutorial entries in Documents. I have 18/20:

Impairment, Assistance from Moire, Natalia Awareness & Pointing, Helper Natalia, Rescuing Partners, Partner Icon, Bleeding, Blinded State, Smokescreen Bottle, Combining Items, Creating Sub-Weapons, Weapon Slot Screen, Workbench, Skill Settings, Opening Boxes 1, Opening Boxes 2, Countdown Mode, and Invisible Mode.

Did you try the rocket launcher? Curious if it's worth leveling up for.

I have it to level 5 and it fires 2 shots so far with cool down. Prob 3-4 shots in total by level 10. It's worth it if there is one asshole enemy that you can't take down. I've only used it for lulz or on Mayday on two occasions. Sometimes it doesn't instakill but it will take a huge chunk of their health.

What's everyones mains and level so far? I've got Claire up to 43.

Jill, 68. Been leveling up Cipher to get his skill inherited. I kinda lost interest Raid though :( It's not nearly as fun as Rev1. Maybe it will change when online is patched but yeah... something is off this time around.

Edit: Oops, double post.

Astral Dog

The Russian radio broadcast in Episode Two has been mostly translated. It's essentially a retelling of Damnation's prologue, and thus places Claire's chapters in REV2 before Damnation, while Leon is on vacation.

Basically mirrors Damnation's prologue:
wow that's a nice touch, a connection to Damnation that only a few will understand, they could made the broadcast in english, but i guess Russian goes more with the setting.
Now imagine if they were giving important plot information.:p

Locust

I have it to level 5 and it fires 2 shots so far with cool down. Prob 3-4 shots in total by level 10. It's worth it if there is one asshole enemy that you can't take down. I've only used it for lulz or on Mayday on two occasions. Sometimes it doesn't instakill but it will take a huge chunk of their health.
Sounds good enough I guess, just wish leveling secondary chars wasn't so arse.

Also it's an annoying oversight that if you get SP from raid achievements the chars that aren't open yet don't get them.
Could probably get enough SP to inherit one Pedro/Gabe skill by level 15 otherwise, like I got evade cancel inherited from Wesker at 16.

Ricker

I was only using Claire in Raid mode(level 12 only) but now when I see the bonus for some of the other characters,I use them once in a while for a change...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I've been leveling most of the characters.

Claire and Moria are both 45+ and then Jill, Wesker, and a couple others are like 25 iirc.

lol.

Moria is my main now though.

Shauni

I've been away from my Xbone for the week, so I've not played through Episode 2, but are the alts you guys talking about obtainable just through playing or do you have to buy them again?

EDIT: Or are we just talking about mods?

Ralemont

not me
I've been away from my Xbone for the week, so I've not played through Episode 2, but are the alts you guys talking about obtainable just through playing or do you have to buy them again?

EDIT: Or are we just talking about mods?

I *think* from what Dusk said RE2 Claire and STARS Barry costumes will be unlocked when you finish the Campaign for the whole game. So as far as I can tell none of them are obtainable in Ep 2 but they will be in the game eventually. Stuff like the retro skins and BSAA Jill are mods, though.

Neiteio

Every character can wield four weapons eventually. You unlock the different slots. HUNK just has all four open from the start.

About Omega Gauntlet, if it's not a Ghost Ship-style run through the entire island, what is it?

Jawmuncher

Every character can wield four weapons eventually. You unlock the different slots. HUNK just has all four open from the start.

About Omega Gauntlet, if it's not a Ghost Ship-style run through the entire island, what is it?

Yeah but i'm impatient.
Plus he can turn invisible.

Shauni

I *think* from what Dusk said RE2 Claire and STARS Barry costumes will be unlocked when you finish the Campaign for the whole game. So as far as I can tell none of them are obtainable in Ep 2 but they will be in the game eventually. Stuff like the retro skins and BSAA Jill are mods, though.

Ah, I see. I figured the Retro skins were mods, though it'd be cool if they had something like that, like the MGS1 skin in MGSV: GZ.

Neiteio

Do we know all of the characters that will be in Raid? Because we didn't have anything on Gabe or Pedro until Episode II hit.

I hear that
Alex Wesker
is playable in Raid. Any footage of her in use?

Manu

I just realized that this game is set on 2011, the same year as Damnation.

Revelations 1 and Degeneration were set in 2005.

I guess it's safe to say if we ever get a third movie, it would be set on the same year as a Revelations 3?

cowgirl claire and other costumes like that are so annoying to me, i'd prefer seeing bsaa jill or classic claire as extra skins instead of skimpy shit.

I know claire has a classic alt, just giving an example.

Neiteio

Someone had a lot of fun modelling their rears.
I honestly can't tell if the poly count in Rodeo Claire's rear is higher than default Claire, or if it just looks that way due to the cut of the shorts, the shading, etc.

We must get to the bottom of this. No ifs, ands or buts. Even if it seems assisine.

Astral Dog

I just realized that this game is set on 2011, the same year as Damnation.

Revelations 1 and Degeneration were set in 2005.

I guess it's safe to say if we ever get a third movie, it would be set on the same year as a Revelations 3?
This reminds what does everybody think of the CG movies?
Degeneration was boring and kind of dissapointing, Damnation was an improvment, looked nice and Leon had more persolanity, although they went overboard with his cheesy lines, every thing that he says is some kind of catchphrase.
Overall plot in the CG movies was, not very good, but they had their moments.

strafer

This reminds what does everybody think of the CG movies?
Degeneration was boring and looked bad, Damnation was an improvment, looked nice and Leon had more persolanity, although they went overboard with his cheesy lines, every thing that he says is some kind of catchphrase.
Overall plot in the CG movies was, not very good, but they had their moments.

Both movies were excellent.

I really want a third one.

Manu

I liked Damnation better, it was more consistent.

Degeneration's first half is great, but then it takes a nosedive. It also has Emotionless Robot Leon.

Jawmuncher

I really enjoyed Damnation. Was a fun action flick in the RE Universe.
Degeneration had some cool ideas but it was just too slow for my liking.

Neiteio

Friend coming over tonight for splitscreen co-op. How does this work in Raid? Is this a good way to level up two characters at once?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Friend coming over tonight for splitscreen co-op. How does this work in Raid? Is this a good way to level up two characters at once?

Yep. You can't share weapons though! So make sure you have a few for your buddy to use.

RE6 had official retro skins in Mercs.

re6retrocostumes.jpg

They should do it again in this game.

I hated this,
Sherry got an update to her school uniform while everyone else got crappy random costumes and then retro costumes.

I want somewhat updated versions, not versions taking up slots that I saw and played as 15+ years ago.

I was just bitter that
latest

wasn't in. also wish it was in REV2 instead of the RE6 version.

jyoung188

Caved and got the season pass last night and started chapter one split screen coop with my wife. It was late so we didn't get that far in but we're digging it so far. I can't wait to dive into raid mode since I played the hell out of raid mode on the 3ds game. I'm on Xbox One by the way, GT: JYOUNG188 if anyone here wants to add me.

FatalT

Banned
I just checked the in-game season pass to see if it's fixed and now IT'S SHOWING THAT I HAVEN'T PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS! What the heeellllll?! I don't know what to do anymore.

yf5ivUR.jpg

Top Bottom