• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
I just checked the in-game season pass to see if it's fixed and now IT'S SHOWING THAT I HAVEN'T PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS! What the heeellllll?! I don't know what to do anymore.

yf5ivUR.jpg

Kotaku put up an article, with an update where Capcom says to call customer service, but the forum thread the article points to says most people who are offered the refund are later refused!

Egads. This sucks.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I just checked the in-game season pass to see if it's fixed and now IT'S SHOWING THAT I HAVEN'T PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS! What the heeellllll?! I don't know what to do anymore.

yf5ivUR.jpg

Did you use a debit or credit card to make the purchase? If you did, at least you have proof and you can escalate your problem with customer service. I would hope they would take it seriously if you had proof that they charged you and you didn't receive any product.

njean777

Kotaku put up an article, with an update where Capcom says to call customer service, but the forum thread the article points to says most people who are offered the refund are later refused!

Egads. This sucks.

Yeah I let him know on Tuesday that it wasn't working, I am happy somebody finally wrote something about it though.

MrMuscle

It completely boggles my mind that the Raid MP was not in from launch of EP1. Im having fun with it as is, but it would have been fantastic as a multiplayer experience.

So I preordered this game digitally on PS4, and preorders were able to get PS3 and PS4 versions together at no extra cost. I've primarily been playing it on PS4, but I decided to download and check out the PS3 version out of curiosity. There's something kinda appealing about this version still...I don't know what it is, but the lower resolution and quality gives the game an almost gritty look that fits well with Resident Evil. Kinda like playing this on PS3, looks too clean on PS4, lol

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
First post! Man, I'm glad I got activated in time for this OT!
It's lonely in lurkGAF, you guys

Like some other posters I'm really surprised how this has turned out so far. I expected it to be just OK... Never dreamed I'd be so interested in the actual story. Revisiting locations after they've changed is an effective narrative approach. & love the asynchronous partner mechanics.

Anyway, thanks OP & others for all the good info & hints regarding future episodes.

First post! Man, I'm glad I got activated in time for this OT!
It's lonely in lurkGAF, you guys

Like some other posters I'm really surprised how this has turned out so far. I expected it to be just OK... Never dreamed I'd be so interested in the actual story. Revisiting locations after they've changed is an effective narrative approach. & love the asynchronous partner mechanics.

Anyway, thanks OP & others for all the good info & hints regarding future episodes.
Welcome

Anyone have any tips for the Claire medal where you're in the bar?

This reminds what does everybody think of the CG movies?
Degeneration was boring and kind of dissapointing, Damnation was an improvment, looked nice and Leon had more persolanity, although they went overboard with his cheesy lines, every thing that he says is some kind of catchphrase.
Overall plot in the CG movies was, not very good, but they had their moments.

I like both of them, pretty good action flick. Especially Damnation. That final fight with you-know-what... So good...

Definitely looking forward if there's ever a 3rd "D" movie, next year it'll be 4 years since the last I think.

Jharp

It absolutely is! Go to Options -> Display -> Display Info Details

Then you can change Reticule Design to Laser.

gFbv1Uk.jpg

Tanks! I didn't even bother looking for it after they removed it from the Rev 1 HD ports, even though the 3DS version had it in. Bummed me out, but knowing it's back in Rev 2 makes me quite happy.

FatalT

Banned
Well apparently the in-game season pass is fixed for anyone purchasing it in the future but all of us who have already purchased it are screwed for the time being until Sony figures out what to do:

MercuryValentine said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update that this has been resolved for anyone buying the game in the future.

For those of you who already bought the game, we are looking into getting this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. We'll update this thread with more information once it becomes available.

Thanks for your understanding,

- MV

http://community.us.playstation.com...working/td-p/45006182/highlight/false/page/22

Neiteio

The combat in Raid is so good. I have camera controls set to inverted, inverted, 3, 3, standard, standard. Aiming is quick, tight and precise; camera is smooth and on point. Coupled with the dedicated dodge and all-around agility of the characters, the fighting is fast and fluid and feels great. I do miss the roll/dive/slide of RE6, but the game is designed with their omission in mind, so it's fine.

kamineko

The Throwback Maps (as a pre-order bonus) still haven't dropped for everyone on PS4, either. It's a shame that this enjoyable game has been marred by these technical issues.

EDIT
The combat in Raid is so good. I have camera controls set to inverted, inverted, 3, 3, standard, standard. Aiming is quick, tight and precise; camera is smooth and on point. Coupled with the dedicated dodge and all-around agility of the characters, the fighting is fast and fluid and feels great. I do miss the roll/dive/slide of RE6, but the game is designed with their omission in mind, so it's fine.

It's true. Especially on the later levels, things get pretty fast & I love it. Though those "everybody's hasted!" levels are kind of <_<

Speaking of agility, Jill's two evade skills are ridiculous when maxed. Sometimes I let things get in my face just because I can

Neiteio

The Throwback Maps (as a pre-order bonus) still haven't dropped for everyone on PS4, either. It's a shame that this enjoyable game has been marred by these technical issues.
Agreed. Fantastic game, but goddammit I want the Throwback Pack I purchased. :/

I must say I'm let-down with Wesker.

He was such a boss in RE5 Mercenaries, with his various melee attacks, his grunts in which he sounds like he's punching you to the next decade, his taunts, his dash and everything.

Now he's a little bitch that does the lamest melee attack he had in RE5, which looks like an alternate version to the cobra strike, and they paired it with a lame sound effect and grunt.

Seriously, what happened to Wesker's donke (or was it jaguar)? kick, mustang kick, tiger uppercut, ghost butterfly?

http://youtu.be/1cI-5hFX5vs?t=23s

FatalT

Banned
Bahahaha I tried contacting customer support but the employee couldn't help me at all.

Mario said:
Mario: Hello, My name is Mario how may I assist you today?
You: Hi Mario! I'm currently having difficulties with Resident Evil: Revelations 2's in-game season pass.
You: Oh! I see "MercuryValentine" has just responded in the current thread for this issue in the Community Forum.
You: "Hi all, Just wanted to give you an update that this has been resolved for anyone buying the game in the future. For those of you who already bought the game, we are looking into getting this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. We'll update this thread with more information once it becomes available. Thanks for your understanding, - MV"
You: Do you know anything more about this issue or should I just wait and see what Sony ends up doing?
You: Basically: I purchased Episode One of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and then decided to purchase the Season Pass after enjoying it. I purchased the $19.99 Season Pass from the in-game store instead of the $24.99 season pass on the PSN store because I did not want to feel like I wasted the $5.99 on Episode One. Apparently I should have just eaten the $5.99 and bought the pass from the PSN store because the in-game season pass is currently BROKEN. Thanks Capcom and Sony! After selecting "Download Again" it takes me to my add-on content but all I have there is HUNK for Raid Mode. I'd really like to play Episode 2 since I paid for it... *UPDATE 1* I just saw that Patrick Klepek has reported on this video in an article on Kotaku. Mr. Klepek is a phenomenal journalist and great reporter! I followed him during his Giant Bomb days and I'm looking forward to seeing what all he gets with his freedom at Kotaku. ANYWAYS! Here's a small report on this situation. I just logged in today to see if anything was resolved and now the in-game store is telling me that I DON'T EVEN OWN THE SEASON PASS! This is quite a frustrating situation! http://i.imgur.com/yf5ivUR.jpg *UPDATE 2* I took screenshots of what my debit card's purchase history and my PSN account purchase history looks like. I suppose now I just need to contact Sony! http://imgur.com/a/FCBFt
You: http://youtu.be/A99XH-COF1E
You: I apologize for the wall-o-text
Mario: I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue. I understand how frustrating it can be.
Mario: However, I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Mario: Although you have entered information about SEN account before this chat, could you please be so kind and provide me with the following information to confirm the *exact* account you need assistance with?

-First and Last Name.
-Sign-In ID (Email address).
-Online ID (Game tag or Nickname in the Network).
-Console related to this account. (Example: PS3 or PS4)
You: [MY NAME]
You: [MY E-MAIL]
You: FatalT1
You: PS4
You: Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Mario: Thank you [MY NAME]. One moment while I access your account please. And while I do this can you please tell me have you tried any kind of troubleshooting steps in order to fix this before?
Mario: Are you still there?
You: Let's see. I've deleted the game and redownloaded it. I've deleted only the add-ons and then redownloaded them. I've tried doing "Restore Licenses" and I've tried booting into safe mode and rebuilding the database. I've tried downloading the game and content from the webstore to the PS4.
You: Sorry, was typing.
You: At this point all I can think of to do is to just wait and not be able to play Episode Two. From reading others' reports on the official Sony Community forum, other users with this issue were offered refunds but then had the refunds cancelled the following day so I really don't want to be put in that position.
You: For example, if I was refunded the $19.99 I could then purchase the $24.99 season pass from the PSN store and everything would work perfectly. Well I guess now that the $19.99 season pass is allegedly fixed I could purchase it again but either way I do not want to take the risk of having the refund cancelled and then being screwed out of $24.99 or $19.99 depending on which one I went with.
You: I just purchased Helldivers and Zombie Army Trilogy yesterday so I'm perfectly content with playing those until this issue is resolved but I was just wondering if you knew anything new about it or whether this problem was getting more attention. Apparently the in-game season pass has had an issue with even the "Throwback Map Pack" ever since it was released last Tuesday.
Mario: Well answering your question we do not have any specific information about this, only basic troubleshooting to the console, which you already have tried, now in this case my best recommendation would be to contact the game developer which in this case it's Capcom:

650-350-6700 and also you can try this website www.capcom.com
Mario: They will give you more detailed information about this issue.
Mario: It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Please click on the following link to evaluate the assistance that you have been given today, we as PlayStation would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much!

https://support.us.playstation.com/...3/12/a28f9344caa3210c8529d6c36d68bd46b0a66e79
Mario: Is there anything else I can assist you with today [MY NAME]?
You: Alrighty, I can certainly try that. I know this issue is finally getting media attention with websites like Kotaku and Checkpoint Games but only Sony is taking flak, not Capcom so far. I'll certainly try that.
You: I think that about covers it.
You: I appreciate your help!

Arsenic13

I hope it's patched on PC soon. The stuttering goes really bad in Raid mode. Weird since the other RE games on the same engine are so well optimized.

Jharp

What version are you playing? On PC I find 3 to be awfully slow for aim. I'm currently at 8 for camera and 6 for aim, and still feel like it could be a bit better.

Using controller, btw, not mouse.

AdaWong

I also think Damnation is much better than Degeneration.

Like everyone else on this planet.

______

So, is this how the timeline is now?

RE4 -> (which happens first here?) Degeneration / REV1 -> LiN -> RE5 -> REV2 Claire -> Damnation -> REV2 Barry -> RE6

kamineko

Yeah I watched Degeneration yesterday. This other board I frequent has had at least one angry new topic per day about Claire's new appearance. Yesterday, there were two, plus an old one getting bumped. Ugh

So I decided to revisit it. I agree that it starts off strong, then gets kind of lost. I'm watching Damnation tonight just for the sake of completeness.

AdaWong

Yeah I watched Degeneration yesterday. This other board I frequent has had at least one angry new topic per day about Claire's new appearance. Yesterday, there were two, plus an old one getting bumped. Ugh

So I decided to revisit it. I agree that it starts off strong, then gets kind of lost. I'm watching Damnation tonight just for the sake of completeness.

Damnation is just so much better in so many aspects.

The CGI and the animation is much, much better.
Leon is actually not a fucking robot.
The villain is interesting and fresh unlike the complete boredom that was in Degeneration.
The supporting cast is likeable this time around.
The action scenes get you bumped unlike the ones in Degeneration.
The pacing is on-point too.

The only good thing about Degeneration was Alyson Court's Claire. That's the only redeeming thing about it.

Finally got my PS4 back, time to play through all the campaigns again. And start raid mode again :x

Also now I have to buy those Claire/Moira outfits for reasons.

bryanee

Sorry man but I thought Damnation was pure garbage, Degen was so much better. I will give Damnation props for using my two fave RE enemies in it though.

Manu

Ugh. The whole "Claire looks ugly" thing was fucking embarassing.

God forbid a woman looks her age in a videogame.

But the enemies don't do anything and the environments are all super bland and flat. Yes you get the cool powered enemies but they don't really begin to actually mix well into who knows when, I am about 30 missions in and the majority of enemies are the same boring guys that run at you and die easily. Then you get hunters that run at you, and dogs that run at you, and so on. Since the environment is not used in any way the combat is simply you either running up to a guy or them running at you and you blast them with a shotgun. The only danger is running out of bullets. In the other RE games you had to use the entire stage to your advantage, enemies would come from all angles and had many tactics to take you down. The combat is not great at all. Any Mercs is better than this. Maybe on very hard the challenge becomes interesting but why should it take 10 hours to get good.

Grisby

Gonna be replaying episode 2 for collectables. As Claire, how much does it take to (Claire boss chapter spoiler)
bring down Pedro?

So putting this in spoiler tags, I would appreciate an answer.
Possibly spoiler worthy, skip if you dont care. Its concerning Barry's playthrough

I read the note about the bracelets and it says when its read it means they are already mutated. Right when you mean Natalie, her bracelet is already read. So you are basically playing with someone mutated already who is possibly bad?

Shauni

So putting this in spoiler tags, I would appreciate an answer.
Possibly spoiler worthy, skip if you dont care. Its concerning Barry's playthrough

I read the note about the bracelets and it says when its read it means they are already mutated. Right when you mean Natalie, her bracelet is already read. So you are basically playing with someone mutated already who is possibly bad?

Yeah, that seems to be the implication.

Seyavesh

to be fair,
natalia can freakin' see monsters through walls so that probably should've been a massive tip off somethin' ain't right with her beyond the generic creepy girl look

also pedro is #1

Cubed

Replayed Episodes 1 and 2 over the last two snow days. I enjoyed them even more a second time around, because I started experimenting with the guns a little more, exploring a bit more to find some new places, and even tried different tactics as Claire that changed things for Barry.

I'm REALLY caught off guard by this. I'm a big RE fan, but wasn't very hyped for this game, though I certainly thought it looked okay and I wanted to play it. It's actually been a really good RE so far.

AdaWong

I need a favor, I don't have the game with me right now. So I'm going to ask you to do something for me, can you please confirm to me which of these skills are in the game currently (Raid Mode)?

Auto Evade
Hurler
Quick Heal
Bewilder

Seyavesh

I need a favor, I don't have the game with me right now. So I'm going to ask you to do something for me, can you please confirm to me which of these skills are in the game currently (Raid Mode)?

Auto Evade
Hurler
Quick Heal
Bewilder
quick heal, none of the other ones even make sense what is this even for

AdaWong

quick heal, none of the other ones even make sense what is this even for

Thanks.

SPOILERS OBVIOUSLY.

These are skills that are in the game files. They will be available later.

I am 99% certain Bewilder is Alex's ability. (Her ability is to make one enemy her ally. Has amazing potential, imagine Skags as an ally.)

Hurler / Auto Evade are probably for Evgeny and Neil.

pmx7

Neo Member
The more I hear about this the more I want to give it a try. But I'm definitely in the waiting for physical release boat. I don't get why it's episodic when they've finished the game...

I just finished playing Ep. 2 and I have to say it's a lot better than Ep. 1, but I have two huge complains at this point:

1) Doing the same map twice for each episode is getting tiresome. When I played as Barry this time around I pretty much did a speed-run as I didn't want to roam around the world for a second time. I understand that is relevant for the story, but in any case is not ideal. I'll give them that they at least try to change a bit of the stuff in the map the second time.

2) The game difficulty is broken, and I hated playing this episode because of that. The gap between playing in normal and casual is obscene. Is like going from very easy to hard. I do play the game in a smart way, saving ammo and killing with the knife/crossbar when possible, but it doesn't help because the ammo is extremely limited. At two points during this episode I got stock for like ~30 mins, the cabin fight which I had to resort at knifing, and the
boss that launched fire
which I retried almost 20 times before giving up and changing the difficulty to casual. When I retried at casual I didn't even tried and I beat it. Needless to say I'm sticking to casual difficulty,but unfortunately I feel that takes away the in-game tension. It is really a shame.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Just beat episode 1 and played around in raid mode this game is fantastic, though i can't help but wonder if it's just me or does the game feel like it plays better in raid mode?

It just feels more responsive.

Top Bottom