• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Neiteio

Is Episode 3 out yet?

Capcom pls

o7hS3yX.gif

FatalT

Banned
For all the people who purchased the in-game $19.99 season pass, check your Notifications on PS4. You should have a game announcement from Sony with a voucher containing a code for the season pass. Everything is in working order now!

SeanTSC

For all the people who purchased the in-game $19.99 season pass, check your Notifications on PS4. You should have a game announcement from Sony with a voucher containing a code for the season pass. Everything is in working order now!

Did they fix the Throwback Map Pack issue yet?

Lettuce

So can anyone give me help tips for the Raid mode, best way to level up, what weapons to use/buy, important gameplay mechanics etc?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
So can anyone give me help tips for the Raid mode, best way to level up, what weapons to use/buy, important gameplay mechanics etc?

Early on, I'd just figure out which character you want to use. They each have/leverage "Weapon Mastery" skills, so you will want to take advantage of that (you end up starting with significantly more ammo.

You'll also want to think about their skills. If you like headshot->stun->melee then Moira is particularly good at that, but has less weapons to start & no masteries.

Speaking generally, I carried a shotgun (general use) and a magnum (boss/elite killer) for a long time... be on the lookout for Life Stealer in the store or in mission chests. It's great on a shotgun or any general trash enemy killer. Keeps you healed.

If you're more into an assault rifle or machine pistol, fire ammo is terrific (each bullet has a chance to ignite). Ice is good, too. Shock is good for your boss killer gun, because the subsequent shots will hit harder.

For whoever you want to main, you'll want to just play every level for the completion bonus. Those completion bonus unlock stuff so you need them all. That will allow all your other folks to play any level your main has completed.

Visit the store between every mission. There are sometimes excellent parts and weapons in there. Even low level parts are great, because you can combine them to make better parts.

Pay attention to what bottle skills the character starts with/earns. If you want a specific one (bait, smoke, etc) then pick a character that gets it.

I main with Jill, because I like dodging a lot, and I like her bottle choices (bait, ice, smoke). I love rifles and she gets that skill eventually. It's a good idea to think about your play style and then look them all over.

TL;DR Life stealer on shotgun & a boss killer with shock (magnum or rifle) FTW

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So does anyone elses game start in japanese?

Both me and my friend bought the 40 dollar pack from steam only when I boot the game up my splash screens are all in japanese and the main menu says "biohazard" instead of "resident evil" as soon as I load into the main menu everything is like normal but man this is bizarre.

His version has the splash screens in english.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287290/discussions/0/610574394225605706/

Anyone have any luck using the dx9.dll fix to get their frame rate more stable in high particle effect situations?

I just preordered the retail copy. Does all of the episodes come on the disc? Or is it part disc, part download; all disc; download off the disc, etc

Thanks guys.

The retail copy has everything. Except maube for some FLC chatacters like Hunk or Wesker. It also has the the two bonus episodes.

Only those who bought the season pass or get the retail copy get the two bonus epusodes.

Lettuce

Early on, I'd just figure out which character you want to use. They each have/leverage "Weapon Mastery" skills, so you will want to take advantage of that (you end up starting with significantly more ammo.

You'll also want to think about their skills. If you like headshot->stun->melee then Moira is particularly good at that, but has less weapons to start & no masteries.

Speaking generally, I carried a shotgun (general use) and a magnum (boss/elite killer) for a long time... be on the lookout for Life Stealer in the store or in mission chests. It's great on a shotgun or any general trash enemy killer. Keeps you healed.

If you're more into an assault rifle or machine pistol, fire ammo is terrific (each bullet has a chance to ignite). Ice is good, too. Shock is good for your boss killer gun, because the subsequent shots will hit harder.

For whoever you want to main, you'll want to just play every level for the completion bonus. Those completion bonus unlock stuff so you need them all. That will allow all your other folks to play any level your main has completed.

Visit the store between every mission. There are sometimes excellent parts and weapons in there. Even low level parts are great, because you can combine them to make better parts.

Pay attention to what bottle skills the character starts with/earns. If you want a specific one (bait, smoke, etc) then pick a character that gets it.

I main with Jill, because I like dodging a lot, and I like her bottle choices (bait, ice, smoke). I love rifles and she gets that skill eventually. It's a good idea to think about your play style and then look them all over.

TL;DR Life stealer on shotgun & a boss killer with shock (magnum or rifle) FTW

Thanks!

Also note that if you max out a character's active or passive skill, you can spend some upgrade points to "unlock" it for everyone else. They'll still have to buy it themselves, but if you see a really cool skill on a character you don't like, just know that you can eventually get it on a character you do like. So, ultimately, you can just pick who you like the most and focus on making them awesome.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Also note that if you max out a character's active or passive skill, you can spend some upgrade points to "unlock" it for everyone else. They'll still have to buy it themselves, but if you see a really cool skill on a character you don't like, just know that you can eventually get it on a character you do like. So, ultimately, you can just pick who you like the most and focus on making them awesome.

True, my "Urban Ninja" Moira will eventually have her katana stacked with "Savor the Moment." Only a few levels to go....

2 new Raid Mode characters this week are:
Neil
&
Chris

Ol' Albert Wesker is available as DLC, or can be obtained as part of the $39.99 physical disc release on 3/17. Online Raid co-op, with
Chris
and Wesker fighting side by side. Has the whole world gone topsy turvy??

Episode 3 launches starting Tuesday afternoon PST!

Source

Is it me or does that make it sound like online co-op for Raid is gonna be patched in by the 17th of March?

Lucent

Yep! Working now! Glad they did before episode 3 came out.

Seyavesh

it has massive range and makes your otg attack insanely fast instead of the slow knife attack

it's really good except the part where you never wanna melee anything anyways because at high levels elemental enemies make that more or less a fruitless endeavor

If Claire runs away from you-know-who and leaves him alive:

Claire, Moira and Neil barricade the tunnel with concrete. Mutant Pedro drills through it. Hence the tunnel is open when Barry arrives. And Barry runs into Mutant Pedro at the apartments. Once defeated at the apartments, Mutant Pedro drops the drill and Barry uses it to get out of there.

If Claire defeats you-know-who:

Mutant Pedro drops his drill. Claire, Moira and Neil barricade the tunnel. The barricade is still there when Barry arrives, since Mutant Pedro was not alive to remove it. Hence Barry retrieves the drill from the tavern and uses it to open the tunnel. And Barry does not encounter Mutant Pedro at the apartments.

Lol okay, so not really 'optional' as in I get to open more paths since regardless Barry would get the drill.

In Episode 1, if you escape the prison without turning on the
flamethrower
, it will still be off in Barry's scenario, allowing him to leave the place without accessing the control room.

Yeah I thought that part was pretty cool.

Dat RE2 technology indeed.

Saint9806

I'm stuck at the part on Episode 2 where Claire sees the little girl again and I run into the house to chase her. Now I am on the 2nd floor where you have to pull a lever and you see the jail cell type door open and you have to make it there before it closes. I tried to run with both Claire and Moira and I can't seem to make it. Anyone got tips for this part?

Manu

I'm stuck at the part on Episode 2 where Claire sees the little girl again and I run into the house to chase her. Now I am on the 2nd floor where you have to pull a lever and you see the jail cell type door open and you have to make it there before it closes. I tried to run with both Claire and Moira and I can't seem to make it. Anyone got tips for this part?

I was stuck in that part for about 20 minutes. You just gotta make a run for it in a very specific manner and try not to hit anything.

I was stuck in that part for about 20 minutes. You just gotta make a run for it in a very specific manner and try not to hit anything.

Yep, just make a horseshoe dash toward the closing door. After you've did it once, it's never really a problem again aside from the occasional hiccup.

Reebot

Are you guys serious about running for the door or is there a joke I'm missing?

Split them up, one goes by the door and one stays by the level. Pull it and casually walk through.

Grisby

Or you can
let one person go through and push a box so it stops the gate.

Episode one clearly tells you via a blatant tutorial prompt that comes up on your television screen that you can issue wait commands via triangle plus dpad direction. Have one character wait in front of the door, the other pull the lever. Change characters with triangle.

Cmon guys this isn't portal.

Saint9806

Are you guys serious about running for the door or is there a joke I'm missing?

Split them up, one goes by the door and one stays by the level. Pull it and casually walk through.

Cool. I thought about that, but couldn't figure out how to make Moira stay. I gotta look at the controls again. Thanks.

SDCowboy

Uh no. You have Claire go to the cell door, and switch characters and have the girl pull the lever. Switch again and just walk through. There are two characters for a reason... lol

Manu

Uh no. You have Claire go to the cell door, and switch characters and have the girl pull the lever. Switch again and just walk through. There are two characters for a reason... lol

Duh. I tried that and Moira would just follow me. I forgot the "wait" command exists -___-

Spoo

Dude, Wesker is a tank.

I've been playing it solely with just Magnums and Pistols up to level 22, and have had very little trouble thanks to his Magnum skill and evade cancelling. Rocking a pistol with a ton of upgrades (clip extension, damage, healing), and a magnum (S.T.A.R.S, fire dmg, critical, reload speed) for boss/elites makes this real fun. I've sunk points just into magnum, pixel skill, melee and lighting bottles (to help with elites). I'd recommend the hell out of it to anyone if you're willing to nab Wesker!

Seyavesh

you can totally just run through the door

i actually tried to do it the way where you have someone wait but the damn door kept on closing i just decided "fuck it" and ran for it and it totally worked

also the more i use the katana the more i'm starting to suspect that the knife actually may be better

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So for those who just ran through the door, is it not propped open for Barry?

Based on the fact you can go back to the room as Barry, but its a lot more complicated now, I am going to take it that yes, it would not be propped open.

Top Bottom