• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Locust

I think I might try luring the Revenants to the rooftops. (Yes, they climb ladders — I found this out the hard way)

If I can separate the Revenants from the Napads, it should make that level a bit more... doable.
That level is not too bad because of the long corridors in the middle and the side room. And when they reach you in the side room you can just climb up, jump back down and start sniping them from afar again. :p

Anyway, is there any point to using SMGs or pistols unless you don't have access to any other expert skill? Assault rifles seem to be more damage per shot always with a similar or higher ammo pool, and imo there's no reason to not take a shotgun+sniper+magnum if you have all slots open.

So I'm a Mercs master, S-ranks on every game, etc... But Raid is thoroughly kicking my ass. It's far more challenging than Mercs.

Click here for the brutality I just suffered.

Burning... freezing... shields... explosions... moving weakpoints... All while cornered...

And I have the maxed out health skill. My shield skill is nearly maxed out, as well. O_O

Game isn't lying when you get into "Very Hard" territory.

OMG LOL! xD

That stage though. It's prob the hardest one.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I think I might try luring the Revenants to the rooftops. (Yes, they climb ladders — I found this out the hard way)

If I can separate the Revenants from the Napads, it should make that level a bit more... doable.

It gets worse, lol, but this is the first level that I had a rough time with. It's true, climb/kite to buy yourself time to set up shots, use bottles, etc. They all explode, so you don't want to be nearby when they die anyway. This is also the level where I started making changes to the weapons I carried & their mods. Seemed like my strategy just wasn't going to cut it when things got tougher.

The other thing with that level is that bad luck with the ammo boxes can really jack you up, especially if you don't have mastery in a weapon you prefer

I wonder what kind of support REV2 will have with RE.net. I hope it's not just like REV1. I wanna be able to unlock costumes, raid stages etc. I just want more content for this game :(

So I'm a Mercs master, S-ranks on every game, etc... But Raid is thoroughly kicking my ass. It's far more challenging than Mercs.

Burning... freezing... shields... explosions... moving weakpoints... All while cornered...

And I have the maxed out health skill. My shield skill is nearly maxed out, as well. O_O

I hate that stage. Lol. The dinosaurs are one of the worst enemies in the series.

So what is your guys strategy with managing characters and leveling them. Do you pick which characters have the skills you want? Do you alternate characters? Do you just focus on one main?

I picked Wesker as my main obviously, but he sucks in this game. So now I am leveling up hunk and Barry. Now I find that I level up a level after each new stage as I always play a stage at a level under the one I am trying. So I since Wesker levels up so quick I skip stages to try more challenging ones. Then I use the other characters to complete those stages I skipped. I save the daily missions for low level characters that I unlock.

Raid is getting crazy. I can stand the bastards with the weak spots hidden under a random limb when they are 3 feet tall, fast as shit, and on fire.

kamineko

So what is your guys strategy with managing characters and leveling them. Do you pick which characters have the skills you want? Do you alternate characters? Do you just focus on one main?

I picked Wesker as my main obviously, but he sucks in this game. So now I am leveling up hunk and Barry. Now I find that I level up a level after each new stage as I always play a stage at a level under the one I am trying. So I since Wesker levels up so quick I skip stages to try more challenging ones. Then I use the other characters to complete those stages I skipped. I save the daily missions for low level characters that I unlock.

I have a main to unlock everything. I also play everyone when their rest bonus piles up a good bit.

I picked Jill because, besides liking Jill in general, I love her two evade skills. They really compliment my play style. I also like the bottle types that she gets.

I also am trying to get the 90 medal unlock guy to at least level or 30 or so, because I want to pass his unique skill to other characters.

This is shady, but if you are on PS4 (and presumably other consoles), you can set up split-screen co-op and level a weaker character with your main. Just pick a level where you move forward & can leave the second character in safety

This is the rest mode that you see mentioned in the top right status bar from time to time. As you play, unused characters enter rest mode, and earn that much extra experience on your next play through a level with them. It increases the more you leave that character unused, and I assume is meant to encourage you to try out different characters. Haven't been playing too much, but everybody I've used, I've kept fairly close level-wise thanks to this system.

That's what I thought it meant, but I played as one of the characters with the glowing exp bar and it did nothing.

pizzacat

Banned

Level up his Magnum skill, go magnum and pistol until the store has the TAP shotgun, switch the shotgun out for the pistol. Success

One thing I really really really hate about this game is how they handled the one handed shotguns like the hydra and the dragon. All characters hold it with two and it looks awkward as hell

AdaWong

What's your highest score on urban chaos, if you recall?

Wubbys

No spoilers please but does the co-op player get to do anything besides shine the flashlight this week. My brother was pretty bored during episode one :D.

tav7623

I pick one main (in this case it's Claire) who I try to level up/Max out her skills (she's currently at lv 77 with full health skill, lv 17 handgun skill, lv 10 scavenger skill, and lv 9 decoy bottle skill) and use to complete every mission/gauntlet (I've currently got the max number of medals at 510....this includes the Throwback Map Pack) as they become available. Every now and then I'll use another character just to mess around with (I've used Barry, Gina, Hunk, & Pedro all of whom are currently at lv 3) to see if I'd like to use any of them once I've maxed out Claire.

I find shotguns to be god like in raid. All regular enemies die in one hit and I think a shotgun at short range can do more damage than a magnum.

No spoilers please but does the co-op player get to do anything besides shine the flashlight this week. My brother was pretty bored during episode one :D.

You know Moira can do follow up attacks right? If you have the skill for Claire and Barry to do knife finishers both of you can use it at the same time.

How is this compared to the first RE:revelations?

I played that on the 3DS and loved it.

Quite a bit better imo.

Especially the story, not as predictable and with good cliffhanger/twists for Barry's side.

Do we know if they have any unannounced DLC based on the files or are they not releasing anything else?

So I have a ton of medallions, but other characters aren't unlocking. Am I missing something?

Finishing episodes unlocks. 2 characters are DLC. You need a number of Completion medals to unlock certain characters. Completion medals you get when you complete ALL other medals in a stage. Finishing level, No herb, recommended level and killing all enemies gives you the 5th and completion medal. You need those to unlock characters.

Reebot

Just got every completion medal for every difficulty, so far of course. Only level 67 weirdly, although I do dailies with side characters.

HUNK is a beast. Stealth cloak for free kills, all the grenades you could want. I maxed out machine gun skill early and have loads of ammo. I tear through regular enemies and heal almost half my life per group spawn.

Raid mode is so rad, worth the price for it alone.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Played through Barry's scenario in Japanese. There was literally no difference other than one line spoken by
the monster stalking you
:

English:

Monster
: "You are false..."

Japanese:

Monster
: "I will not forgive you."

Other than that it was exactly the same, almost word for word. I didn't
fight Pedro
this time, however.

Seyavesh

holy shit scagdeads have a stun animation it just takes an entire fucking healthbar's worth of knifing to trigger it or something

speaking of which here's me killing a scagdead with knife only to show how simple they are as an enemy. it'd be no damage too but i accidentally clipped into the thing's saw once
this is easily doable with sped up scagdead too but i couldn't be assed to try and savescum for that and just ran with the first thing i got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Ulhn6S9mI

if they took away the active hitbox on the saw when the scagdead was doing nothing or lowered their health they wouldn't be as obnoxious but ugh

Yes! I finally got the follow -up medal in Barry's campaign. I had to do it in the warehouse. I waited for the revenants to get hit by the slug and then killed them while they were on the ground with the attack prompt.

joe2187

Banned
holy shit scagdeads have a stun animation it just takes an entire fucking healthbar's worth of knifing to trigger it or something

speaking of which here's me killing a scagdead with knife only to show how simple they are as an enemy. it'd be no damage too but i accidentally clipped into the thing's saw once
this is easily doable with sped up scagdead too but i couldn't be assed to try and savescum for that and just ran with the first thing i got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Ulhn6S9mI

if they took away the active hitbox on the saw when the scagdead was doing nothing or lowered their health they wouldn't be as obnoxious but ugh

There's got to be an easier way to get a stun on the scagdeads in Rev 2.

if you didnt have any stun grenades when the Scags showed up, it was always a pain in the ass since you'd have to pump em full of bullets.

All the enemies in the game have specific setups for stuns, but the scags always aluded me. Throw a stun grenade get a stun on the scag, get off four headshots with the Magnum or sniper and follow up with a charged melee and you're done.

kamineko

The last scagdad you encounter in the episode 2 missions is just horrible. Flaming, shielded, hasted. I guess that would be managable by itself, but trash enemies keep spawning all around you. Just horrible, horrible.

I started carrying a magnum with full burst and ice ammo just because of that experience >_>

Reebot

Wish we could go from gold to BP, I have mountains of the stuff. Have to make the exchange rate really high though.

So what is with evade cancel. It is the highest level skill to unlock in campaign and it is weskerd main skill. But I don't get it, I feel like I can cancel out of everything by evading without that skill. What is the difference?

Kempy161

Neo Member
Just finished getting Hunk to level 73 and getting all of his medallions, WOW this raid mode is really fun (apart from scagdads, fuck them). Certainly gonna be putting tonnes more time into this, great work Capcom!

MrBS

I'm maining hunk as I just love his assault rifle skill but I'm alternating between all the other characters to level when they get rest xp up. As for Hunk I don't have a forth weapon equipped. I'm rocking assault rifle, shotgun & magnum to keep the weapon drops between them. Currently 30 and looking forward to getting Hunk's magnum skill unlocked and maxed.

Seyavesh

So what is with evade cancel. It is the highest level skill to unlock in campaign and it is weskerd main skill. But I don't get it, I feel like I can cancel out of everything by evading without that skill. What is the difference?

i personally don't find it particularly useful but it allows for stuff like canceling out of the bolt action reload anim (which you normally can't do) or canceling out of the long recovery of melee attacks and otgs to get more in/get them in quicker

i think you can actually dodge cancel out of the 'getting hit' animation too so i guess you technically can't get stunlocked if that's ever a thing

Has anyone Maxed out/highly leveled Melee Mastery in Raid Mode? Does it ever increase the damage done by your melee beyond 150% or does it only keep increasing knife speed?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Has anyone Maxed out/highly leveled Melee Mastery in Raid Mode? Does it ever increase the damage done by your melee beyond 150% or does it only keep increasing knife speed?

Almost maxed out, so far only increases speed, but might be a damage bonus at the very end. My goal though is to max that out and also inherit Cipher's Katana skill to have a super-speed powerful Katana with Wesker.

Top Bottom