• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Almost maxed out, so far only increases speed, but might be a damage bonus at the very end. My goal though is to max that out and also inherit Cipher's Katana skill to have a super-speed powerful Katana with Wesker.

Yea, that was kind of my end-goal too, but was hoping to have Wesker's Falcon Punch get beefed up in the meantime. Bummer.

Shauni

I don't think you can. You just have to survive until you can escape.

No, you can. There's an achievement for doing so.

Pro tip:
Watch for him to charge straight at you and evade. He will then get stuck in the wall at that point, and you can unload on him. This is especially easy method when you replay with the machine pistol, which allows you to unleash a fury of lead into him at once

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
No, you can. There's an achievement for doing so.

Pro tip:
Watch for him to charge straight at you and evade. He will then get stuck in the wall at that point, and you can unload on him. This is especially easy method when you replay with the machine pistol, which allows you to unleash a fury of lead into him at once

This, the only thing I would add is that it's helpful to throw decoy bottles, they don't work on him, but they buy you some time from the afflicted, which I believe spawn infinitely

Otherwise dodge &
Go_for_the_eyes_boo.jpg

Memory

Finally picked this up this weekend, dimmed the lights, put on my Golds and banged outthe first chapter. Loving it, imloved the first one two but I didn't play it with headphones and now I'm thinking I should have. So many scares and creepy shit if you play this game in the zone.

Lettuce

I'm maining hunk as I just love his assault rifle skill but I'm alternating between all the other characters to level when they get rest xp up. As for Hunk I don't have a forth weapon equipped. I'm rocking assault rifle, shotgun & magnum to keep the weapon drops between them. Currently 30 and looking forward to getting Hunk's magnum skill unlocked and maxed.

Hang on!, just started playing this raid mode this weekend, whats the rest up bonus?. Ive noticed a messages pop up saying Barry now has rest bonus or something but i haven't seen him gain any exp despite me not using him

kamineko

Hang on!, just started playing this raid mode this weekend, whats the rest up bonus?. Ive noticed a messages pop up saying Barry now has rest bonus or something but i haven't seen him gain any exp despite me not using him

When you're selecting a character from the mannequin, the bar beneath their name is progress to next level. Appending the orange bar is sometimes a blue portion. Blue is the "rest bonus," basically free xp for beating a mission. It builds up over time while you are not playing as that character, ie "resting."

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just ended the second episode. Performance is still all over the place on the PC, but it's the plot that's keeping me hooked, honestly. It really is playing out like a TV show, with the twists at the very end and cliffhangers and what not. Looking forward to the next episode!

I lost my shit when Barry goes
'This gives us a HOLE lot of new options'
after finding the
drill
. I had to pause the game and laugh my ass off. So good.

So I turned on Raid mode today and Moira and Gina's portraits were like glowing, they had little shining particles in them. Anyone know what this is? I'm guessing its something associated with bonus exp?

Manu

So I turned on Raid mode today and Moira and Gina's portraits were like glowing, they had little shining particles in them. Anyone know what this is? I'm guessing its something associated with bonus exp?

They're at their peak rest mode. They won't receive any bonus exp at this point.

TheWriter

I really like Moira. Her german voice over does not curse nearly as often as the english one, or at least she isn't cursing like a 13 year old. Makes her character more enjoyable for me. Kinda interested if she's gonna be a returning character in the franchise.

Both and nothing.

The RT prompts are on the floor so does that make a difference?

The ones on the floor are followup attacks. The ones you need are when they are stunned on their feet. Best example is when you use Moira's light to stun the enemy. Switch to Claire and an RT prompt comes up. Just hold the button down to power it up.

Raid Mode gets terrifying in the later stages. I just fought like 6 or 7 giant axe guys covered in fart clouds in one stage. I'm afraid to keep going.

Raid Mode is so good, I wouldn't mind paying $25 just for it. That the story episodes are actually decent is just a bonus.

Get this game people! So freaking good.

Jebral

When something increases your melee attacks, is it only knife attacks, or stun attacks as well? And what about the follow ups (ground attacks)? There's a separate modifier for them, so I wonder if they are their own thing or if they fall under melee too.

Hmm.

kamineko

Jill, experiencing scagdad success. My first attempts did not go this well <_<

Notice her dodge distance at the end. I love her starting skills

http://youtu.be/riFMefGjMzY

Potential Spoilers for late Episode 2 Raid Mode

Raid Mode is so good, I wouldn't mind paying $25 just for it. That the story episodes are actually decent is just a bonus.

I can't decide which version of the game I want to purchase on PS4. Individually by episode, season pass or the actual disc version. I am leaning towards the physical copy, but I am wondering if the disc version is worth an extra $15.

Spoo

I've pretty much made a 180 on my opinion of this game. At first, everything felt really off -- the first episode just seemed like it was kind of soulless, and I wasn't interested in the Raid mode.

Now, I've played the second episode, which was a massive improvement, and I started a Raid character which... it's just addictive as fuck, there's really no way around it. It's fun, difficult if you're trying to get all the medals and everything, and I've even gone back into the other episodes to try and sweep up missing achievements, etc.

As a 25 dollar package (granted, I've spent a little more than that since I bought Wesker and like 2 item expansion boxes), it's an incredible value already, and I haven't even seen the other episodes.

Feel like title should be: "Yeah! And it's only $25"

They need to make a RE Raid/Merc game. Bunch of old locations and enemies (including PS1 era) and a whole lot of characters to play as.

Cubed

Holy shit, I just started Invisible Mode for Episode 2. The bar siege feels impossible.
Remember, you can use Moira to see the enemies for a second with her flashlight.

I'm dying for part 3. I was able to wait a week and got the $25 Season Pass last Tuesday night, which gave me Episodes 1 and 2 to play this week, then I replayed them, then played a bit of Raid... STILL not enough to hold me over! Can't wait to sink my teeth into more of the campaign.

I think I just found a way to change the random lobby bonus on-demand. I believe it only triggers when you start a new mission?

If you try to start a mission without a weapon equipped and then back out in front of the door, I believe it triggers it to change? Unless I'm just looking into things too much and it simply changes if you idle in the lobby and wait for the bar to scroll.

Sorry if old.

My game keeps crashing when I'm doing raid missions, though, what's the fix? I saw something on the steam forums about going into offline mode, something about the daily missions messing up, not sure if related. I'm trying to do regular missions, I just did some dailies and it didn't crash to desktop.

edit: nevermind, looks like there isn't a fix. wish i bought the console version, i feel like i'm getting owned.

Bought this game and convinced my friend to not wait for the physical copy to play co-op with me.

I guess we shouldn't assume that co-op games be online outside of Nintendo consoles! :/

Thankfully the game is good. RE4 is the last RE I really enjoyed before this. I LOVE Raid mode. Hopefully that is online sooner than later! My friend is bitter about the no co-op and he's stuck on that and its souring his experience.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Invisible mode seems made for co-op. I can't even imagine trying to fight invisible revenants.

Revenants actually aren't too bad. Natalia is really good here, once you spot a monster with her and swap back she'll keep pointing to keep it in sight.

The ironheads have been a huge pain in the ass for me though, and ep2 has a lot of those.

Is there a raid mode guide with that has the exclusive skills for each character listed? I want to level up those skills so they can be inherited.

Neiteio

1409505684-90eb16d23hkbwd.jpeg

"So what do we have here? A Glasp?"

residentevilrevelation8ucu.jpg

"Wait a moment... Enhance the image. Zoom in on its face."

residentevilrevelatioihukb.jpg

"No... Not that face... Up on top... Zoom, enhance!"

residentevilrevelatio3qubw.jpg

csi-miami-horatio-caiemuuq.jpg

"...gross."

Well... That's one hell of a creature design if I've seen on 0_o

Question guys, it seems that the drill you get from defeating you-know-who with Claire is optional? Then how do you progress with Barry without it? All the places I drilled all seem to be the critical path.

Neiteio

Well... That's one hell of a creature design if I've seen on 0_o

Question guys, it seems that the drill you get from defeating you-know-who with Claire is optional? Then how do you progress with Barry without it? All the places I drilled all seem to be the critical path.
If Claire runs away from you-know-who and leaves him alive:

Claire, Moira and Neil barricade the tunnel with concrete. Mutant Pedro drills through it. Hence the tunnel is open when Barry arrives. And Barry runs into Mutant Pedro at the apartments. Once defeated at the apartments, Mutant Pedro drops the drill and Barry uses it to get out of there.

If Claire defeats you-know-who:

Mutant Pedro drops his drill. Claire, Moira and Neil barricade the tunnel. The barricade is still there when Barry arrives, since Mutant Pedro was not alive to remove it. Hence Barry retrieves the drill from the tavern and uses it to open the tunnel. And Barry does not encounter Mutant Pedro at the apartments.

What happens in episode 1 if you..
waste all the rounds in the pistol before shooting the key that is hung up on the ceiling? Does the game break or does the ammo respawn?

If Claire runs away from you-know-who and leaves him alive:

Claire, Moira and Neil barricade the tunnel with concrete. Mutant Pedro drills through it. Hence the tunnel is open when Barry arrives. And Barry runs into Mutant Pedro at the apartments. Once defeated at the apartments, Mutant Pedro drops the drill and Barry uses it to get out of there.

If Claire defeats you-know-who:

Mutant Pedro drops his drill. Claire, Moira and Neil barricade the tunnel. The barricade is still there when Barry arrives, since Mutant Pedro was not alive to remove it. Hence Barry retrieves the drill from the tavern and uses it to open the tunnel. And Barry does not encounter Mutant Pedro at the apartments.

Dat RE2 Technology.

Is there other stuff(minor or major) that carries over like that?

Neiteio

Dat RE2 Technology.

Is there other stuff(minor or major) that carries over like that?
In Episode 1, if you escape the prison without turning on the
flamethrower
, it will still be off in Barry's scenario, allowing him to leave the place without accessing the control room.

If you kill the "puss-head" Afflicted with a headshot in Claire's scenario, the "puss bombs" will be strewn about the area in Barry's scenario.

Doors and boxes that you open in Claire's scenario remain open in Barry's scenario. Same with solved block puzzles (i.e.
the blocked door in Episode 2
).

And of course, as I said, you can skip an entire boss fight and access a whole new area if you defeat you-know-who in Claire's half of Episode 2.

Can I bug you guys again for some advice? Some people were saying the in-game store season pass was broken for Ps4? Did they fix that yet, and more, is it solid for the ps3 version at least?
I have the day off from work when ep 3 hits, so I want to know if I can rely on the season pass, or if I should just buy ep 3. Playing it on time means more than saving money to me.

Completed the throwback map pack on normal tonight. It's... interesting. Mainly just giant arenas where they throw a crap load of enemies at you. Also there's a horrific abomination that hasn't appeared in the base game yet. I'm sure the fight in the campaign will be terrifying.

kamineko

What perks are you using on your magnum?

It has zero recoil.

I have ice ammo, frostbite, elite killer, and full burst. The no recoil is coming from full burst.

EDIT: LOL not from full burst. There's an anti-recoil lvl 4 on there, too (level 5 is max)

I never found one that high.... I check the store between missions & buy up low level parts for the toolbox

Top Bottom