• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Seyavesh

you can prop it open??

haha wow oops
yeah it totally wasn't propped open and i had to do some silly backtracking by having natalia open the door for barry and then having her double back around to crawl through the hole

Neiteio

Are you guys joking about running to the door? All you do is split up, have one character wait by the door, the other opens it, then walk through and push the crate to hold open the door. It'll even still be open this way in Barry's half.

edit: I see this has already been addressed, lol

SDCowboy

you can prop it open??

haha wow oops
yeah it totally wasn't propped open and i had to do some silly backtracking by having natalia open the door for barry and then having her double back around to crawl through the hole

lol yeah the crate was right by the door.

JJD

I have ice ammo, frostbite, elite killer, and full burst. The no recoil is coming from full burst.

EDIT: LOL not from full burst. There's an anti-recoil lvl 4 on there, too (level 5 is max)

I never found one that high.... I check the store between missions & buy up low level parts for the toolbox

Thanks!

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Ok, here's Moira Urban Ninja, Enhanced edition. Her melee skills make this combination pretty ridiculous. She can slash-stun a metalhead, then kill with a charged kick (at level).

Here, she cuts up some revenants, then kicks a slinger in the eye.

Moira v2

I wouldn't recommend investing in healing herb based skills. Using herbs prevents you from getting all 5 medals. Also, as long as you do daily missions you should have a ton of blue hearts. Which revive you on the spot and give full ammo without preventing you from getting all 5 medals.

Seems almost like an oversight that healing items punish you more than game over revivals.

Neiteio

Ok, here's Moira Urban Ninja, Enhanced edition. Her melee skills make this combination pretty ridiculous. She can slash-stun a metalhead, then kill with a charged kick (at level).

Moira v2
This is awesome. I'm three completion medals away from Cipher. Katana-rama!

I love that this game has all these "wait you can do that?" moments. The
fire trap, mutated pedro, the closing gate...
Hopefully we get alternate options for disabling the traps in episode 3.

Seems almost like an oversight that healing items punish you more than game over revivals.

They couldn't resist that Microtransaction doe...

Really tempted to buy the storage, but honestly I keep no more than 6 guns at anytime. HUNK got too far ahead of everyone, so when he does a new level, everyone else is overpowered.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I love that this game has all these "wait you can do that?" moments. The
fire trap, mutated pedro, the closing gate...
Hopefully we get alternate options for disabling the traps in episode 3.

wait, i only heard of the fire trap and the closing gate. what about the other one?

Edit: Sorry, just read about it in the previous page :p didn't know there are so many methods for these things

kamineko

They couldn't resist that Microtransaction doe...

Really tempted to buy the storage, but honestly I keep no more than 6 guns at anytime. HUNK got too far ahead of everyone, so when he does a new level, everyone else is overpowered.

I probably won't need more gun storage for similar reasons, but I already caved for the part storage. I hoard them so I can upgrade them <_<

joe2187

Banned
fucking throwback map pack still aint work.

I cant blame capcom at this point it's gotta be an PSN issue it doesnt show up in any form.

Jawmuncher

Moira v2

Oh man I want this so bad. I'm not even close though.

ksdixon

I can't believe we get stupid Japanese creep stuff like Rodeo Claire (complete with leg garter), and not RE2, RE:CVX or Darkside Chronicles attire Claire for Raid Mode. Rodeo Claire looks absolutely rediculous.

Lucent

I can't believe we get stupid Japanese creep stuff like Rodeo Claire (complete with leg garter), and not RE2, RE:CVX or Darkside Chronicles attire Claire for Raid Mode. Rodeo Claire looks absolutely rediculous.

Who says we don't get that later? =p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So for those who just ran through the door, is it not propped open for Barry?

It's not propped open and his version of that area is actually changed(you can't access the room to open the gate as it's blocked from upstairs), so you have to go all the way around. It has a few of those invisible bugs.

Neiteio

But... but...

residentevilrevelatiosgxin.jpg

But... Butt...

joe2187

Banned
wow that's embarrassing and shameful.

It's an alt costume man, how is it shameful? It's meant to have fun.

The costumes in the RE series are all kinds of stupid and ridiculousness, it;s the best part of replays and speed runs.

I love the costumes, the sillier the better.

Im hoping for a return of Super Patriot Barry

Astral Dog

So...how are the novels?

I was at the library and then i saw those "uh, Resident Evil novels, i remember these"
saw a few pages of copy pasted dialogue, it was hilarious, kinda wanted to buy one out of curiosity but they closed.

Some adventurer that read them? are they fun, boring, good, awful or something.

Neiteio

I'm scratching my head as to why i'm being dramatic.

Time for bed, i think, brus :(
If it were any series other than RE, I might raise an eyebrow at to the costume choices, too. But RE has been pretty good at appealing to both genders/orientations with its cheesecake (see the many outfits of Chris, etc). And these costumes are amusing precisely because they're so out of character.

On a side note, I genuinely like Claire's rodeo outfit. Putting aside the "sexy" qualities, it's a fun and familiar trope (the American Southwest!), with a pleasing color scheme, and nice detail on the belt and holster strap.

Not sure why they dyed her hair brown, though. Makes her look like Helena.

So...how are the novels?

I was at the library and then i saw those "uh, Resident Evil novels, i remember these"
saw a few pages of copy pasted dialogue, it was hilarious, kinda wanted to buy one out of curiosity but they closed.

Some adventurer that read them? are they fun, boring, good, awful or something.

I read the one that covered the first game. It wasn't good.

Neiteio

I just realized I've played both episodes so far three times each. Once with default costumes. Again with bonus costumes. And again cleaning up the Kafka drawings, insect larvae, tower medals, crowbar boxes, small hand boxes, etc. Not to mention taking screenshots and video of cool sequences like (Episode 2 boss spoilers)
Mutant Pedro and Vulcanblubber

I'm sure this will continue with the remaining episodes, which means when all is said and done, I'll have completed three playthroughs of the game, and not long after it's out! It's such a good value, I feel like I'm robbing Capcom. (Although they and Sony technically robbed me by taking my $5 for the Throwback Map Pack that still doesn't work on PS4!)

I've unlocked Cipher, and WOW is it fun to fight with the katana. I love how the controller rumbles with each hit — adds to the sensation of cutting down my enemies. Trying to level the skill up to lv. 10 so I can pass it onto Rodeo Claire. She's going to be a ninja cowgirl!

kamineko

Wait, Cipher has to invest an additional 55 points -after- maxing it?

What level was your Cipher when you passed on the skill?

Mine was 30. Course I got a couple of achievement medallions, which are free points. I would guess it would take 34 levels give or take.

Do you have a second controller? You can get the first 10 or so really quickly. Play split-screen co-op on mission 5-6 (very hard). Leave cipher standing around at the beginning & run your main through the mission. Do that a few times (it stops being very effective after a while), plus a couple of daily bonuses, and you'll be there in no time.

Playing those first several missions is too boring after the nth time, so this helps

How are you supposed to do 3 stealth attacks in Episode 1 with Claire/Moira? The afflicted are always facing you.

Wait, what are these? I only found one tower medal, and I haven't seen either of those other things.
As Moira the Kefka drawings glow on the wall if you hit them with the flashlight (focus on them to collect), as Natalia the bugs appear as red gas. (kill them with a brick to collect)
Can't see either of these things as Barry/Claire

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
How are you supposed to do 3 stealth attacks in Episode 1 with Claire/Moira? The afflicted are always facing you.

Here's the easy way: In the hall with the spinning blades before you turn the power on, instead of going down the stairs to your left leading to them when you get to a room with stairs on your left, and a door and a hallway to your right, instead go through the route down the hallway, and you'll after a room or two get to another staircase. Crouch with your light on, and there will be three easy enemies to stealth kill as they're turned towards the other staircase.

Do ammo/weapons/herbs carry over between episodes in Countdown and Invisible mode? I'm assuming not since there are no custom parts and you could get screwed over starting a chapter with no ammo.

Cubed

Episode 3 is amazing! Many more ties into Rev 1, too. Like the FBC. You also get answers about Moira's gun aversion.

Sora_N

I've been itching to play/buy this game for 2 weeks, didn't see anyone stream it on PS4 either.

I might cave and buy Ep 1 first, digital. The retail disc is too expensive for me.

What are the options to full season after Ep 1? I can upgrade with season pass?

Or is there some cheaper way if I buy the full season...I'll see if I can budget that, but I'm mostly biting since it's only $6 for the first episode. Not sure how scary this game is. :p

EDIT: Fuck it, bought Ep 1! lol

One week til we can play online you guys!

Anyone interesting in adding each other so we can play together? Add me: onyxtour. I'll post again when it's online.

I'm so excited. I'll be playing this so much then, finally!

Neiteio

I just remembered I need to get a PS+ subscription to play online now. :-\ Don't use the online functionality of PS4 games enough to make it feel justified, cheap as it is.

I've been enjoying couch co-op, however. Splitscreen with a friend at your side is always a blast.

Have the frame rate issues been fixed or PS4 or has Capcom even made a comment about it? I'm getting pretty interested in this game because of the Two Best Friends let's play.

Neiteio

Have the frame rate issues been fixed or PS4 or has Capcom even made a comment about it? I'm getting pretty interested in this game because of the Two Best Friends let's play.
I really can't stress enough, the framerate looks fine to me on PS4. It's definitely 60 fps most of the time in interior locations. I think it's running lower in the woods at night, but it's still smooth and well above 30 fps, maintaining its framerate. It's not starting and stopping, or making any jarring changes mid-play. I'm sensitive enough to framerate to readily identify what's 60 fps and what's not in all of those visual tests online. Nothing here is distracting to me, to say the least.

SeanTSC

Not yet, but it doesn't make the game unplayable. Claire's side is pretty solid in both episodes 1 and 2. Barry's side gets the worst of it and there's some bad drops in a couple of his areas, but they're fairly short. It's more of a brief annoyance/inconvenience than anything.

It definitely needs patched, but it runs well enough in the more important/tense parts that it shouldn't dissuade you from buying the game.

How is the costume surprising to you? every game in the series has stuff like that.

Top Bottom