• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

News Bot

Banned
So...how are the novels?

I was at the library and then i saw those "uh, Resident Evil novels, i remember these"
saw a few pages of copy pasted dialogue, it was hilarious, kinda wanted to buy one out of curiosity but they closed.

Some adventurer that read them? are they fun, boring, good, awful or something.

They're "okay."

The Wicked North Sea is great though. Written by FLAGSHIP and released on the same day as BIO2 back in 1998, but it's been overlooked for over 15 years until I got my hands on it and started translating it. A lot of plot elements that appear in this novel actually show up later in the series, such as cloning, new t-Virus strains, Umbrella's founding members, rogue employees, etc. It's the first time Spencer is actually outright mentioned... and appears (kind of).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I really can't stress enough, the framerate looks fine to me on PS4. It's definitely 60 fps most of the time in interior locations. I think it's running lower in the woods at night, but it's still smooth and well above 30 fps, maintaining its framerate. It's not starting and stopping, or making any jarring changes mid-play. I'm sensitive enough to framerate to readily identify what's 60 fps and what's not in all of those visual tests online. Nothing here is distracting to me, to say the least.
That's all well and good but the problems are very real and exhibited throughout the game. Most of Barry's chapters in both episodes suffer from plenty of dips and can drop under 30 fps.

Not that Capcom would actually READ anything here but I don't think suggesting that the frame-rate is fine is a good way to encourage them to fix it. It really isn't fine.

Weirdly enough, this is the thing that has kept me playing the PS4 version over the rest - I'm curious to see how each scenario performs.

Astral Dog

They're "okay."

The Wicked North Sea is great though. Written by FLAGSHIP and released on the same day as BIO2 back in 1998, but it's been overlooked for over 15 years until I got my hands on it and started translating it. A lot of plot elements that appear in this novel actually show up later in the series, such as cloning, new t-Virus strains, Umbrella's founding members, rogue employees, etc. It's the first time Spencer is actually outright mentioned... and appears (kind of).
I read the one that covered the first game. It wasn't good.
ok thanks, that Wicked North Sea sounds interesting.

Daximuss

I purchased the Raid throwback map pack for the Xbox One, but I'm not sure how to access it. Is it added into the regular gauntlet rotation or is it, it's own gauntlet?

Reebot

I purchased the Raid throwback map pack for the Xbox One, but I'm not sure how to access it. Is it added into the regular gauntlet rotation or is it, it's own gauntlet?

Should be there as the last gauntlet, all the way at the bottom of the selection screen.

I really can't stress enough, the framerate looks fine to me on PS4. It's definitely 60 fps most of the time in interior locations. I think it's running lower in the woods at night, but it's still smooth and well above 30 fps, maintaining its framerate. It's not starting and stopping, or making any jarring changes mid-play. I'm sensitive enough to framerate to readily identify what's 60 fps and what's not in all of those visual tests online. Nothing here is distracting to me, to say the least.

Thanks for this :)

Guesd I'll pick up the retail on PS4 instead. Cant help that RE is just a PlayStation franchise to me, like MGS...

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
For PS4 Episode Two and The Evil Within: The Assignment should unlock at the same time.

I... I don't know how to hold all these good times

You'll be able to download Episode 3 starting Tuesday afternoon / early evening (PT) on PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. Steam players should see the episode go live around 9-10pm PT, and Xbox 360 owners should be able to download very early Wednesday morning (PST). EU players should see EP3 launching during their Wednesday.

Excuuuuuuuse me. Didn't the episode in EU go up around the same time as NA?

Xpliskin

For PS4 Episode Two and The Evil Within: The Assignment should unlock at the same time.

I... I don't know how to hold all these good times

post-30824-Jack-Nicholson-Creepy-Nodding-t5bI.gif

Elija2

Goddamnit, it's been two weeks and they still haven't fixed the performance issues on PC. Not being able to play this game is killing me!

Is there a chart somewhere that shows which part accompanies its album picture before you evaluate it? I remember a few, but would be nice to just have a quick chart to go off of.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why is episode three not there.

GUYS

WHY IS IT NOT THERE

So...how are the novels?

I was at the library and then i saw those "uh, Resident Evil novels, i remember these"
saw a few pages of copy pasted dialogue, it was hilarious, kinda wanted to buy one out of curiosity but they closed.

Some adventurer that read them? are they fun, boring, good, awful or something.

A RE fan should enjoy them, they aren't amazing but good enough to enjoy, unless you go apeshit over canon.

Also the writer has a hard-on for Becca.

Manu

Well, it's 6 PM here and still no news. There's no way I'll be playing this tonight, so that's another week I'll have to wait until Wednesday night.

Thank you Sony.

Top Bottom