• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Cubed

What the fuck is going on?!

I've downloded Episode 3 twice and it won't let me play it. It keeps telling me to download it again.

Fuck off Sony and Capcom. I have had such a shitty day and I just want to play my fucking game and I can't even do something simple like that.

I went ahead and just watched someone do a playthrough of episode three so I could at least get the damn story after waiting a week to see what happens.

joe2187

Banned
What the fuck is going on?!

I've downloded Episode 3 twice and it won't let me play it. It keeps telling me to download it again.

Fuck off Sony and Capcom. I have had such a shitty day and I just want to play my fucking game and I can't even do something simple like that.

I went ahead and just watched someone do a playthrough of episode three so I could at least get the damn story after waiting a week to see what happens.

I had the same issue, just turn off the PS4 and it should work.

Cubed

I had the same issue, just turn off the PS4 and it should work.
Hope it works. I'll try it later. Too annoyed with it right now. Thanks for the help, either way.

Nope. Didn't work.

That's ridiculous. So I'll never get play Episode 3, I guess.

Just finished Claires episode. It was great. My only issue is the puzzle
The Four Gates. I got through with trial and error. It was the second door from the left. I watched walk-through after and the guy got through with the last door on the right. WTF

Just finished Claires episode. It was great. My only issue is the puzzle
The Four Gates. I got through with trial and error. It was the second door from the left. I watched walk-through after and the guy got through with the last door on the right. WTF

Moira can go around to the back of it to see which one doesn't have the killer claws

Anyway just beat Claire's part. Wow.
Alex's design when she takes her mask off along with that ambient music that plays in the tower is truly unsettling

~Kinggi~

Banned
Wow color me surprised that the episodes seem to be getting better based on the impressions in this thread. Im just waiting till the end to play em on steam.

Wow color me surprised that the episodes seem to be getting better based on the impressions in this thread. Im just waiting till the end to play em on steam.

If you want my honest opinion of the third episode through Claire's portion, it'd be that it absolutely skunks the first two in every way.

Claire had some intense dialogue in this episode.
WE'RE SUPPOSED TO SAVE PEOPLE... IT'S IN THE GOD DAMN NAME
lol, Claire's return has been beyond glorious and has surpassed all my expectations.

pizzacat

Banned
Just played raid with the new character. Wow I've never played re6 so I didn't know how bad this characters model is. Like wow. It got bad

I don't know how to write spoilers :eek:

Grisby

Claire episode 3 dialogue spoiler
Was it good for you?

Yes, yes it was. Almost to the end of her episode I think. Freaking intense and creepy. Really good stuff.

Anyone that has completely finished episode 3 can please tell me how long Barry's episode/section is?

It took me 1:09 to finish Claire's episode, it was amazing, but for some reason I felt it dragged for too long. Sort of shitty complain though, since all the episodes should be as awesome as this one.

Cubed

I didnt have any problems bud, :/

On PS4, sorry to hear its not working.
Yep. I'm on PS4, downloaded the episode, booted up the game and it told me I didn't have it. So I delete my entire installed game and re-download all three parts again. Parts one and two work fine upon reboot but part three still isn't being recognized. So then I went and just deleted part three, re-downloaded that for a third time and it STILL won't recognize that it's downloaded and installed. I turned off and on the PS4, and even went to Barry's part of Episode 2, replayed it to see if it would take me to part 3 and... nope "Episode 3 is now available. Would you like to download it?"

Fuck you, you Capcom and Sony pieces of shit.

Quick question (Claire episode 3 ending spoiler).
During the last part when Neil has Claire pinned, is there any reason to switch to Moira? It gave me the prompt to do so and I did but I couldn't do anything. Is it supposed to be some cinematic thing that Moira won't reach for the gun? lol

Grisby

Yep. I'm on PS4, downloaded the episode, booted up the game and it told me I didn't have it. So I delete my entire installed game and re-download all three parts again. Parts one and two work fine upon reboot but part three still isn't being recognized. So then I went and just deleted part three, re-downloaded that for a third time and it STILL won't recognize that it's downloaded and installed. I turned off and on the PS4, and even went to Barry's part of Episode 2, replayed it to see if it would take me to part 3 and... nope "Episode 3 is now available. Would you like to download it?"

Fuck you, you Capcom and Sony pieces of shit.
Yeah, that blows.

JPS Kai

Ended up buying the first episode on PS4 tonight just for some raid mode, then I'll end up grabbing the disc version sometime later on.

How is the co-op in this game? Campaign and raid. I loved going through 5 and 6 in split screen co-op with my friend.

I'd like to know some impressions too. Still kinda miffed there's no online campaign co-op, would be sweet if they added it later when they add the online raid-mode co-op.

Nasser

Anyone that has completely finished episode 3 can please tell me how long Barry's episode/section is?

It took me 1:09 to finish Claire's episode, it was amazing, but for some reason I felt it dragged for too long. Sort of shitty complain though, since all the episodes should be as awesome as this one.

Not long took me 47 mins. Took me 1:17 to finish Claire's episode.

Grisby

Can't wait to finish Claire's episode tomorrow. I think I know one part that's gonna happen at least.

(dont read unless you're at the tail end of CEpisode 3 end)
Neil's gonna be a traitoooooorrr! Claire gets no love from anybody.

foxdvd

Claire's part in episode 3 is as good as anything so far. Fantastic. Barry's part was the low point for me. Overall another great episode though.

During the last part when Neil has Claire pinned, is there any reason to switch to Moira? It gave me the prompt to do so and I did but I couldn't do anything. Is it supposed to be some cinematic thing that Moira won't reach for the gun? lol
You should be able to crawl to it with Moira and shoot him.

foxdvd

Already answered...but there is also a trophy/achievement tied to this part...(and I think some bonus BP)

Barry's was probably the weakest so far, but still alright. However Claire's was just off the rails and made it the best episode easily IMO.

I cannot believe how amazing Claire episode 3 was, wow!!!!!! I have yet to do Barry but that Claire segment alone makes this better than the first revelations. It was everything a RE fan could want. Great puzzles, great action, tons of variety. The boss fight was pure epic awesomeness. That was the RE I fell in love with.

If you are a RE fan you need to buy this, you would be dumb not to.

Airgetlam

Even though it isn't finished yet, the story is much better than Revelations 1. I'm actually kind of surprised at how its captured my interest at the end of each episode. I mean, it isn't anything new in terms of a typical Resident Evil story but this one is actually...interesting. I don't know, maybe it's just because the first Revelations story was so awful.

Played Clarie episode 3 and half of Barry. Claire was great but it felt to long but the ending was great and loved how they conected the plot with
REV1
even more than before. I'm digging Barry's episode a little more.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Just want to say I don't get the complaints about the graphics/character models/ etc.

Like I'm not a pixel counter or anything, and yeah we have some weak textures scattered about... and there's some inconsistency (mainly because some areas are so fucking cool) but overall it's a pretty damn good world they've built here. Areas feel dirty and lived in. Some of them are just so moody. And not even the traditional horror-y kinda blood and guts stuff... there's some pretty cool moments like seeing the dilapidated soviet-era architecture and factories in the distance... it's neat.

The character models are actually pretty great. And I appreciate how they have wear and tear from one episode to the next, Claire and Moria are getting filthy, This game has a ton of little details like that. The animation (while I miss a lot of the melee and options from RE6) is pretty good imo and there's a lot of contextual stuff. Waste deep in muck, there's an animation. And the stuff gets all over them... their clothing is blowing in the breeze.

Idk man... this is supposedly a budget game, but idk... I've payed a lot more for a lot less attention to detail.

AdaWong

I really thought I would like Claire the most and hate Natalia the most as a character. But my most favorite to my least favorite when it comes to character development in this game:

1- Alex
2- Natalia
3- Moira
4- Claire
5- The irrelevants (Gabe, Neil, Pedro, Gina, etc)
6- Barry

Alex is so interesting. I love her design, too. What she's wearing is completely practical and not completely ridiculous like past female villains (Jessica's wetsuit, Carla's revealing dress in Winter, Excella's gown, etc) and she just gives me the cold-blooded, badass feeling other females such as coughAdacough give me.

Barry is just... It's like they're trying to make him funny and cheesy but it's not working for me. He is extremely serious one second then completely fucking retarded the next. At least Moira is consistent with her shitty dialouge even in dramatic and serious situations (Jump on a dildo..)

Just want to say I don't get the complaints about the graphics/character models/ etc.

It looks fine for what it is. I love the art direction. I don't personally get the Claire bashing. I think she looks awesome and beautiful, just matured and been through some stuff. RE2 Claire was always my favorite game heroine and she's even better now IMO. Her personality is great.

GSR

Bought episode 1 on PC to give the game a try, learned the hard way that the game won't update any graphics settings (except V-sync) until you leave the game and return.

Will sink some more time into it tomorrow now that things are running at a decent framerate.

Some episode 3 thoughts:

- Claire > Barry for the first time
- Claire's part was so fucking good. Puzzles!
- I love the way tension is built from the way the environment is built. The
slaughterhouse was terrifying seeing the level layout, even if the escape wasn't too bad.
- I'm not sure if Capcom thinks Vulcanblubber are supposed to be difficult enemies, because they're not.
- The final part of Barry's half was way too easy.
All you had to do was run around the giant crate and the monster could never hit you.
- Even though it's split up by episodes, they've done a really good job pacing Claire's campaign. Barry's half has been more of a slow burn, which comes off as a bit of a let down considering how much Claire's has been amping up.

Pleeeeaaaaase Capcpom make RE7 like this. It's so good.

You should be able to crawl to it with Moira and shoot him.

Anything specific you need to do? I'm going to go through episode 3 again tomorrow for the collectables anyway.

Reebot

Wow, I really really hate
the four gates puzzle.
It'd be perfect if it wasn't
timed and set to blood pumping music.
As is, just feels unneeded and annoying.

Hugstable

Banned
OMG that first puzzle in Claire's section, Why can't we have more of THIS?!?
I figured it out by accident, but holy shit this puzzle was amazing.
Are there more puzzles to this Episode?

Top Bottom