• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revival Selection |OT| RE4 and REC:VX now in HD!

Carlisle

No Move for 4? Man... so definitive version is Wii Edition on Dolphin, then. I might still do the 3 months of PS+ to get CVX for $10. Even though it's more money over all, I just can't pay $20 for a 10+ year old game that I already have on PS2... and this way I get more goodies over time for the next 3 months.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My God people, get real... Platinum trophies affecting you to buy the best game of last generation for this generation?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wtf. But it's alright, at least it has trophies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yoshichan said:
My God people, get real... Platinum trophies affecting you to buy the best game of last generation for this generation?

I already have it on my Gamecube. Why should I buy it again?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
StuBurns said:
CV isn't that good dude.
RE4 ._.

But CVX is good too, not best game of last gen though.
Wario64 said:
Really? So based on this comment you wanted to play the port only to gain more platinum trophies. Get real please, go buy Avatar or something.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wario64 said:

For the trophies despite not having a platinum. :p

At least I have a good reason for buying CVX: I haven't played it yet. I've completed RE4 but I love it so much so I'm getting it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yoshichan said:
Really? So based on this comment you wanted to play the port only to gain more platinum trophies. Get real please, go buy Avatar or something.

kdL6r.jpg

That reminds me, I gotta get the PS3 version. Thanks!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
StuBurns said:
Six four? I read it as sixty four, I would appreciate if you change your name according to my perception, thanks.

Sorry, I will not pay $10 to fulfill this request.

AlphaTwo00 said:
That game never came out on PS3!

So basically Yoshichan trolled me?

Yoshichan

Wario64 said:
So basically Yoshichan trolled me?
Sorry, I thought it was released on PS3 :/

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Snowballo said:
Is there a long enough video that shows how good are the two remakes?
Thanks.

Unfortunately there really isn't. The one official trailer that's all gameplay is not a particularly thrillling collection of footage. There was also a demo with a couple of Capcom guys talking about it (should be on youtube) but they only had the pistol and they were in the facility on the island.

Yoshichan said:
RE4 ._.

But CVX is good too, not best game of last gen though.

There has to be a reason to rebuy a port tho, I bought the gamecube version, then I bought the wii version for the new control style, is it worth buying again for slightly improved graphics and very minor amounts of trophies?

It's really debateable, im personally going to wait for them to be mega cheap but this will hurt the PS3 versions sales without a shadow of a doubt, there are a lot more trophy whores out there than people would care to admit and they won't spend 40 hours trying to get 12 trophies.

Snowballo

hey_it's_that_dog said:
Unfortunately there really isn't. The one official trailer that's all gameplay is not a particularly thrillling collection of footage. There was also a demo with a couple of Capcom guys talking about it (should be on youtube) but they only had the pistol and they were in the facility on the island.

Thanks mate.
Let's hope to see soon something.

Jimmy Stav said:
Wait, so the 360 versions of CVX and RE4 will each have 1000 points tied to them, or am I missing something?

Yup. Can't fucking wait. I just hope the Silent Hill collection actually has good achievements unlike RE4/CVX which is basically "beat the game."

teiresias

I haven't played RE4 since playing through the PS2 version, so I'm definitely picking that up for another time through it.

I also owned CV on Dreamcast, but never finished it (I think I got to some boss fight that I didn't have enough ammo left over for and just gave up on the game), so I might give that one a go. Never been huge into the classic RE games though, I'd rather play Silent Hill if I'm going to play a game in that style.

Also, I wonder if the disc based Japanese PS3 versions will have Platinums? Is this confirmed? What a weird situation with the PSN versions not having a full trophy set, they are full games.

Someone needs to buy the Biohazard disc for PS3 and find out :)

JapanGAF needs to get it and find out for sure!

Which version???
Full-screen or GC borders???
Full Trophy set for disc version???
Extras???

etc.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
KennyLinder said:
JapanGAF needs to get it and find out for sure!

Which version???
Full-screen or GC borders???
Full Trophy set for disc version???
Extras???

etc.

I believe it was confirmed that all the extras of the PS2 version would be included. What we don't know is where the assets and lighting model came from, though people have eyeballed it and think it's based on the Gamecube/Wii version.

edit: oh cool it released tomorrow in Japan. maybe we'll get some analysis.

burgerdog

hey_it's_that_dog said:
We keep going again because no one has officially confirmed anything about how this stupid remake was made. If you have some definite info, share it.
I'm praying that I'm not wrong or I'll eat crow. However, I'm sure that we've seen a cinema that had Leon with an alternate outfit and that means real time cutscenes, which should translate to gc/wii version.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
burgerdog said:
I'm praying that I'm not wrong or I'll eat crow. However, I'm sure that we've seen a cinema that had Leon with an alternate outfit and that means real time cutscenes, which should translate to gc/wii version.

I think I've seen all the footage released and I don't remember any alternate outfits on display...

I hope you're right, though.

ULTROS!

I hope I'm still not the only one getting the PS3 version. :(

Ellis Kim

Banned
No platinums
No Move support
No buy.

I double dipped on the Wii version for pointer controls, so why would I want to go back? I'd pick up CVX if it was $10 w/o PS+.

Top Bottom