• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

kiryogi

Banned
Woo that was a major improvement on the A I got from clearing it the first time. Although I recall it being such a nightmare before. . . But giants seem so easy now XD Pressure aside. Still up for more?

Ken

kiryogi said:
Woo that was a major improvement on the A I got from clearing it the first time. Although I recall it being such a nightmare before. . . But giants seem so easy now XD Pressure aside. Still up for more?
Yeah.

Man, Giant Killing must help a lot because I had to use about 12 grenades to kill a red exec. without the skill.

kiryogi

Banned
Giant Killing + Rifle skills = death. OHKO on Garradors and like 3-4 shots on Executors

That was dumb, got nuked in the face right in the beginning.

kiryogi

Banned
Hrm that wasn't the map I was thinking of. . . The one was looking for had chainsaw and executioners. Oh well. GG sir! I'm done for today. Be back later in the evening after work.

Ken

kiryogi said:
Hrm that wasn't the map I was thinking of. . . The one was looking for had chainsaw and executioners. Oh well. GG sir! I'm done for today. Be back later in the evening after work.
EX-8

GGs.

Trying to keep a combo going on that map and the shipyard are a nightmare.

Think I'll experiment with rifles tomorrow.

basik

how does the save your dying partner thing in duo mode work? I just run over and spray but it looks like theres another way if you hit Y near them or something... does it make you vunerable to hits? can you move while doing it? is it something you should only do while safe?

Ken

basik said:
how does the save your dying partner thing in duo mode work? I just run over and spray but it looks like theres another way if you hit Y near them or something... does it make you vunerable to hits? can you move while doing it? is it something you should only do while safe?
Run over to them and press Y. If you have herbs, you'll automatically use it. If not, you'll help them up but they'll still be in critical health.

Both animations have very long invincibility time so even if it doesn't look safe, run in, mash Y, and hope for the best or else you'll fail the mission anyways.

did EX-9, got this score the first try with a friend, I was Krauser, he was Chris, standard layout/costume

RQjJc.jpg

Ken

Terrible iPad photo. Don't remember load outs.

81a2a6fb.png

Is that a strap on your 3DS on the left? Is there any where on the 3DS that I can put one of those straps/phone charms on?

kiryogi

Banned
Ken said:
Terrible iPad photo. Don't remember load outs.

81a2a6fb.png

Is that a strap on your 3DS on the left? Is there any where on the 3DS that I can put one of those straps/phone charms on?
There should be a spot on top I think or was it bottom? I personally have a shining wind strap on mine.

Edit: just checked. The space to put straps is on the bottom half. Lower right corner next to the charge LED.

My score for EX-9. 1263401. @ work or id post a pic.

Teknoman

kiryogi said:
Been playing him offline while entertaining guests. XD Can't say I'm a fan of him, at least his loadout anyway. Flash grenade launcher WTF. I love his melee options though. On that note. Anyone up?

I really like his design and melee moves...but they do take awhile to perform. Switched his loadout with default Jill's.

i played EX-9 with another friend, and used Jill's knife most of the time (SO MUCH FUN)

got 1.35X,XXX, should be fun to keep going back. double jill and her crazy knife might make for a lot of bonus time

maxed out all the skills, still missing some medals, and still wondering how to even get some of the medals.

Yuterald

Just got done an 8 hour Monday afternoon into Tuesday early morning Mercs marathon. Holy shit, I could NOT put this game down. Putting a skill system into a Mercs game was the smartest idea ever. It's just WAY TOO ADDICTING!

I am ultra obsessed with Hunk's melee kills. His riot kick is mesmerizing and with a level 3 Smart Reload skill you can auto reload during his melee animations and kick all sorts of efficient ass. So cool.

I SS Ranked every stage with a buddy with at least one character (and his one costume so far). I have 43/50 Medals, and all skills but the Infinity Rocket Launcher skill maxed out. The game really opens up once you experiment with maxed out skills. The level skill effects combined with each player's loadouts makes for some really nice customization. And the fact that you can unlock each character's loadout for other players means you can ultimately play as your favorite character/costume without sacrificing preferred weapons.

I honestly would not give a fuck if they ported this game and updated it all over the place. A centralized Mercs game is essential at this point. Clearly they could have done more with the 3DS one, but the foundation is solid. Also, I hope this series continues on the 3DS because the touch screen for switching weapons is so choice. I don't think I could ever go back to any other control/playing scheme. It's just too perfect.

kiryogi

Banned
Hatchx: I use her secondary. But mainly Claire. Ken seems to rock her, nurse style.

Here's pic of what me and Kusanagi did a few days ago upon clearing EX-9 first time.

ex9.png

Yuterald: I absolutely love his triple tap, but goddamn I just can't work with him so far. And yeah, if I didn't mention it already. I got my hands on RE5 Gold the other day and gave Mercs Reunion a run. Goddamn it's so different. It handles so much better on the 3DS. . . and not having animations for picking up is convenient too. (Maybe lazy?) I really would get a another 3DS mercs game if they did another one. Think this is seriously the most fun I've had so far on the 3DS.

Ken

GGs Smith. Got a new high score on EX-9 of 1.5 million I think?

Going to take a break now and experiment with Hunk later.

SmithnCo

Yeah I'm done for now too.

I'm kinda liking Krauser, he probably has the fastest insta-kill melee in the game. Though I don't know if it matters much when the thunderbolt skill is equipped.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Playing Mission 4-5 on the train today, wow this is a great missions please tell me there are more missions in this vein?...so far I am having a blast the game does feel incomplete though..

I feel a 7/8 out of ten is about right.

if you had a survival mode like 4-5 that would make the game. that and boss mode.

could make a sort of story mode as well, but 4-5 opens me up to the Idea of the score based nature of the game. (not that the other levels don't but facing a set of wave after wave and getting more time the faster you kill them, that and the RRRRR RRRRRRRRR of the chainsaw dudes..intense!!)

game is brilliant in parts but lacking in others.

also seems a random thing to ask, why not make the pick up of items auto?

plus any knife attack mapped to a button?

Shit, I really am taking my sweet time with this game. I'm so busy trying to get SS ranks with the characters I currently have available to me, I haven't gotten to the juicy missions yet :(

I'm still on Lv. 3 >_<

SmithnCo

jufonuk said:
Playing Mission 4-5 on the train today, wow this is a great missions please tell me there are more missions in this vein?...so far I am having a blast the game does feel incomplete though..

I feel a 7/8 out of ten is about right.

if you had a survival mode like 4-5 that would make the game. that and boss mode.

could make a sort of story mode as well, but 4-5 opens me up to the Idea of the score based nature of the game. (not that the other levels don't but facing a set of wave after wave and getting more time the faster you kill them, that and the RRRRR RRRRRRRRR of the chainsaw dudes..intense!!)

game is brilliant in parts but lacking in others.

also seems a random thing to ask, why not make the pick up of items auto?

plus any knife attack mapped to a button?

There is one other mission like that, it's mission EX-9. There is also no knife for everyone, it's specific to Jill and Krauser's loadouts in this game.

Also when they make another mercs game they really need to have the wave-based mode available for every level, it kinda stinks there are only two missions with it in this game. They are good for changing it up sometimes though, that and one boss mission.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
SmithnCo said:
There is one other mission like that, it's mission EX-9. There is also no knife for everyone, it's specific to Jill and Krauser's loadouts in this game.

Also when they make another mercs game they really need to have the wave-based mode available for every level, it kinda stinks there are only two missions with it in this game. They are good for changing it up sometimes though, that and one boss mission.

just the one?? was it the one early on if so WTF???

the training one with the Worm

Imagine if they did a Resi 4/5 Boss mode doing the El-Gigantes within a time limit would be intense and rule...is a space issue with lack of content or more likely Capcom being cheap

MooMoo

kiryogi said:
got my hands on RE5 Gold the other day and gave Mercs Reunion a run. Goddamn it's so different. It handles so much better on the 3DS. . . and not having animations for picking up is convenient too. (Maybe lazy?) I really would get a another 3DS mercs game if they did another one. Think this is seriously the most fun I've had so far on the 3DS.
It's funny because initially I thought the no-frames pick up animation was lazy too (as well as the increased invisibility frames). But it streamlines the gameplay such that the action becomes more intense and it's a lot more satisfying to play.

I was sort of thinking in my head that someone could make a google docs spreadsheet where we can share all our high scores since the game doesn't have built in leaderboards and it would be cool to compare amongst one another.

Ken

MooMoo said:
It's funny because initially I thought the no-frames pick up animation was lazy too (as well as the increased invisibility frames). But it streamlines the gameplay such that the action becomes more intense and it's a lot more satisfying to play.

I was sort of thinking in my head that someone could make a google docs spreadsheet where we can share all our high scores since the game doesn't have built in leaderboards and it would be cool to compare amongst one another.
That'd be neat though I've never used Google spreadsheets before. Maybe I'll mess around with it today.

Teknoman

lazybones18 said:
Shit, I really am taking my sweet time with this game. I'm so busy trying to get SS ranks with the characters I currently have available to me, I haven't gotten to the juicy missions yet :(

I'm still on Lv. 3 >_<

lol same here.

kiryogi

Banned
Host away!

Oh wait i forgot, you can't host. XD erm up in a sec. I can probably go a complete round or two before work.

kiryogi

Banned
Ken: Hrm not as clean as Id like to be. Sorry about that special moment with the red executioner. Was trying to go for melee prompt.

Ken

Protip: if no more enemies are seen, kill the chicken.

No problem. Wonder how we can kill the bosses quicker so we won't drop the combo as much on that stage.

Teknoman

Wow level 4 missions really crank up the heat. Now that im back familiar with the basics though, it's co-op time.

Do partners share combos?

Ken

kiryogi said:
There was a chicken there?! Usually I go for the little spider things too.
What spiders? Are you still up for more missions?

Partners share the same combo.

Blegh, killing Red Executioners even with direct hits Grenade Launcher (Exp) + Giant Killing and melees takes forever.

kiryogi

Banned
Got woooork! Be back in the evening tho. And I guess just as an idea, I usually work nights. So I'm back usually around midnight PST.

And I mean the spider things in the other stages, like the mines.

Tek: Wait till you try the EX missions :D

Ken

kiryogi said:
Got woooork! Be back in the evening tho. And I guess just as an idea, I usually work nights. So I'm back usually around midnight PST.

And I mean the spider things in the other stages, like the mines.

Tek: Wait till you try the EX missions :D

Okay. I'll just check back in this thread occasionally to see if you or anyone else wants to play.

I just got the game today and so far it is fun, but get tired from playing in long sessions.
Wish I could join the gang on the online co op, but ive got my 3DS for repairs now.
Are there any differences when it comes to playing together or do you just do the missions with a higher score goal?

Ken

storafötter said:
I just got the game today and so far it is fun, but get tired from playing in long sessions.
Wish I could join the gang on the online co op, but ive got my 3DS for repairs now.
Are there any differences when it comes to playing together or do you just do the missions with a higher score goal?
Shared combos. Cannot resuscitate from dying state on your own and requires a partner.

Ken

Did not know the giant chainsaw man could you hit you even if you're a floor above him on the shipyard stage.

basik

I dont know why but I've been playing all this time thinking that after a grenade/rocket I had to wait for a enemy like the executioner to get back up before I could bomb them again... well thats wrong and if youre rebecca you can just spam explosives and kill them on the ground, works on the boss bug thing too.

jtrov

Anyone free to play some co-op? Just burned myself out with Half Minute Hero, and now I'm ready to shoot things, Mercenaries style.

jtrov said:
Anyone free to play some co-op? Just burned myself out with Half Minute Hero, and now I'm ready to shoot things, Mercenaries style.

I'm up for it. I was having some connection issues earlier but everything seems okay now. I hope! Host and I'll join. Worth a shot.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Are these achievement medals bugged? One requires you complete any mission on rank four or above and kill all enemies using only gunshots. I did that. Selected a one of the rank four missions, finished with an A, and every kill I got was with a pistol, revolver or rifle. No explosive, melee or environment kills. Yet I never got the medal.

WHAT THE FUCK MERCENARIES?

Top Bottom