• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

Ken

Sorry DC'd. Are you still hosting?

Not sure why but my cable connection/ wifi always seems to drop when the phone rings.

jokkir

Good game. How were you killing everything in one hit/so little hits? lol. I was struggling so much with the chainsaw guys

Ken

jokkir said:
Good game. How were you killing everything in one hit/so little hits? lol. I was struggling so much with the chainsaw guys
Sniper rifle and Giant Killing lol.

@jokkir. 4-5 S I think.

basik

SmithnCo said:
Eff that last guy on EX-6, it took me and basik like three minutes to find him, lol. Sometimes it can be hard to find remaining guys in the levels in general, especially on levels like the ship or something.

it was the damn chicken, had to kill it.

Finally unlocked Level 4 and Krauser, along with two alternate costumes (Chris & Jill)

Question on unlocking alt. costumes. Do I have to wear an alt. costume to unlock another alt. costume? I don't think it was a coincidence that once I completed a mission wearing the pilot suit that I then unlocked Jill's 2nd costume

And it looks like I gonna have a ball using Krauser's knife. 2-3 was a breeze and ended up with 300k+ points just from using that knife and melee attacks

basik

found out wesker has a dash attack by pushing right on the d-pad to run and then Y to attack, it uses some of your health though. you can steer while running and do a quick turn around. dont think I've seen anyone doing it online I guess people dont know.

edit: it works with lightning and some guys will get electrocuted by just touching them while running.

SmithnCo

basik said:
on the weapon master skill what does "recovery becomes longer when equipped" mean?

Weapon master makes herbs heal you for less health. It's a trade-off, you can double your weapon skills but health becomes an issue.

Ken

lazybones18 said:
Question on unlocking alt. costumes. Do I have to wear an alt. costume to unlock another alt. costume? I don't think it was a coincidence that once I completed a mission wearing the pilot suit that I then unlocked Jill's 2nd costume
Nope.

wonder if "recovery becomes longer" means you stay alive longer after a crit hit.. might be useful in duo for noobs who die a lot.

Nope. It just means that herbs heal (-40%) less.

basik

SmithnCo said:
Weapon master makes herbs heal you for less health. It's a trade-off, you can double your weapon skills but health becomes an issue.

wonder if "recovery becomes longer" means you stay alive longer after a crit hit.. might be useful in duo for noobs who die a lot.

Teknoman

Sadist said:
The Revelations demo version was from Nintendo World 2011 right?

Probably. One thing I hope Capcom doesnt mess up is the save room theme. Every RE game, even 5, has had a great save room theme.

lazybones18 said:
Finally unlocked Level 4 and Krauser, along with two alternate costumes (Chris & Jill)

The costumes have fixed conditions like getting good grades on later missions and earning medals. (you could look at gamefaqs if you dare or just keep playing)

Ken

Baloonatic said:
Could someone tell me how to unlock the Toughness skill? I have all the others and have finished all the missions.
Revive yourself 50 times to get the medal " Like a Phoenix." Must be done solo.

50 hours and still playing, this game is pure crack, Mercs 3D 2 could be amazing if they put some effort into it....but it's Capcom...

I really want to get this, but can't afford it right now and am waiting for a deal. I barely played RE4, but found it too difficult at the giant boss and quit and brought the rental back. I'll get back to it one day when I have free time, especially on the Wii, which I heard was great!

Ken said:
Think I DC'd. Sorry Mind.

I think the problem is the cordless phone messing with the wifi.

Damn that last game just pissed me off we were doing pretty good and I had to die last minute...

Calling it a night. We should play again sometime.

Ken

MindCollizion said:
Damn that last game just pissed me off we were doing pretty good and I had to die last minute...
Yeah, I was hoping you were in range of the herb but was just a little too far. Oh well, if you want to play some more let me know. Games were fun regardless.

Tenbatsu said:
Wanna ask. Are you guys impressed with the visuals?
Could be the launch goggles talking but it looks amazing on the 3DS. The polycount is super low in screenshots but on the super tiny screen everything runs like a dream and still feels responsive.

I played exclusively with the 3D slider off however, the effect is minimal in this game and the framerate takes a dive when doing a melee attack and the camera goes nuts.

Kolgar

Tenbatsu said:

Yes, it's a very pretty game. The visuals retain the fidelity of more recent RE games without the eye-gouging pixelization and blur of RE4. And the 3D effect creates a nice, deep playspace without being distracting.

I just popped in to say once again that I'm loving this game. SO perfect for short bursts of play during my breaks at work and for a quick game before bed!

Tenbatsu said:

Mixed bag. I'd say they are impressive for being a rushed product, but held back by some serious lack of optimization. Player characters look great, some of the texture and environment detail is great, but smeared by some occasional blurry texture and low poly enemies. Also animation frames are scaled down far too near to the player.
The 3D actually works pretty well, and with the sniper rifle it looks fabulous.

Now the Revelations Demo, thats a sight to behold.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is this game worth it to pay at full price? I love RE games, although the last one if played was 4, but if this game is something that i will get bored after a few days, i think i'll just wait on it.

Ken

Bisnic said:
Is this game worth it to pay at full price? I love RE games, although the last one if played was 4, but if this game is something that i will get bored after a few days, i think i'll just wait on it.
If you liked RE4's Mercenaries mode, and you have a wifi connection for your 3DS, definitely grab it.

I think this Ex-3 will be my last. ggs

Sadist

Tenbatsu said:
Yup. Yes, there things like choppy movement in the distance and some muddy textures, but characters look very clean. It's amazing in how they "downgraded" everything to 3DS.

Btw guys, can someone help me with 5-5? Seriously, a BOW and a few Hammer guys are cramping my style. Which character would be the best as a beginner?

Bisnic said:
It's the most fun I've had on the 3DS outside of FindMii, but $40 is asking a LOT. The inevitable super bomba is just around the corner, or you could see if you can score a used copy by someone who was sorely disappointed enough to unlock only a little of the stuff in the game.

kiryogi

Banned
ARgh I hate shipyard.

Alright. I'm done for tonight. Thanks for tagging along Ken. Awesome that we nailed a 150 at least!

Top Bottom