• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

I'm tempted to get this (once I get a 3DS, which is probably soon).

I still rank in the top 500 or so for every map in Mercs on 360 for RE5. I was just a fiend with that mode. Haven't played it seriously for a long time though.

How are the enemy numbers? Mercs relies on lots of enemies at the same time to chain combos and be time-efficient. Is it scaled down too much?

Disguises

Sadist said:
How many waves are there on Shipyard? I got to thirteen.
Oh god, this one took me at least 6 tries. There's 15 waves, so you got pretty close. Just starting level 5 stuff now and I'm a lot more impressed with the game than I originally thought I was going to be.

Ken

Sadist said:
Yup. Yes, there things like choppy movement in the distance and some muddy textures, but characters look very clean. It's amazing in how they "downgraded" everything to 3DS.

Btw guys, can someone help me with 5-5? Seriously, a BOW and a few Hammer guys are cramping my style. Which character would be the best as a beginner?
Rebecca has grenade launcher spam and her load out starts with 5 herbs, or if you feel confident about your sniping skill, try Chris and his load out. Use the pilot suit if you have it. Use his rifle against the executioners and shotgun on everything else. Don't feel like you have to rush the boss once he appears. When you down the BOW, run up and shotgun it. When it's about to get up and you're afraid of taking damage, use a herb.

On 5-5 I just used Krauser's loadout. His arrows fire fast enough to fight through crowds pretty easily, and you can either spam like a madman at the executioners or just run through the stage's circular layout enough to always avoid them.

Then it's just a matter of laying down a mine for the BOW to step on and then hitting it square with a single rocket and you're done!

(easier said than done)

Edit: also those executioners are absolutely neutered if you have the crab claws required to master moving while shooting. If you shoot while backing up their overhead strike will never hit you.

Sadist

Thanks, but I found a better way: Barry Burton style. His Magnum is a beast.

Took about four shots to take him out.

evangd007

Just got the game and played until my batteries went out. I'm going to get good mileage out of this one. I'll post my info on the community forum.

Ken

Anyone know how to replace the 'Column A, B, C' with mission names instead? I somehow randomly did it on the solo page but couldn't figure out how to do it again on the duo page.

SmithnCo

Does anyone know what medal comes after "counter shot" and "meat shower?" Also for the platoon pf two medal, do you need to do five partner melee combos or just five melees in a row?

I've almost got all the medals so I'm making an attempt to get the last few.

basik

the executioner on 5-5 found a new way to kill me... I was owning them with krauser by backing up while shooting arrows...then the boss bat came and pushed the exe towards me quickly while it was already swinging back...BONG...dead.

basik

looks like I got the high score for 5-5 duo so far on the spread sheet.. I've been playing it over and over to grind all skills to lvl 3. its a short mission once you figure out what to do.

heres my plan for 5-5:
first you must lose all fear of the executioners. backing up while shooting them works great, but dont backup so far that you walk into the other exe behind you, run past the one you are facing and turn around if needed. also at the start I run towards the exe I'm facing so that I will have more room to backup. krauser with giant killing can kill them in around 7-9 arrows. kill the 2 exes then gather some bonus time and items from the crates, mines help a lot. you need 15 kills before the boss comes. when the boss comes 2 executioners will also spawn and they will follow the boss around to get you when you are fighting the boss. you can try to kill the boss before the exes come but I prefer to kill the exes first because they are hunting you down and will hit you when youve got the boss on the ground hurt. the 2 exes always spawn from the same 2 spots on the upper level near the 2 exploding drums. I try to get my 15th kill near the stairs with the drum in the corner so when the exe jumps over the wall I shoot the barrel to blow him up then finish him off. the other exe will be coming from where the other red barrel is uptop and I kill him too. with the 2 exes gone just drop mines in front of the boss or whatever explosives and hit the weak spot with the strongest weapon you have(rocket/magnum/snipe). if you take too long to kill the boss 2 more exes will spawn, if that happens you arent doing it right!

edit:
there are 3 barrels uptop, the 2 you want are near the stairs, the second one is above the ladder in middle of stage.

Ken

SmithnCo said:
Does anyone know what medal comes after "counter shot" and "meat shower?" Also for the platoon pf two medal, do you need to do five partner melee combos or just five melees in a row?

I've almost got all the medals so I'm making an attempt to get the last few.
23. Chariot of Fire - Run more than 50 km

27. Death March - Play for 14 days straight

5 melee combos in one play through.

Ken

basik said:
whats a partner melee combo?
Down a boss and have both partners melee one after the other. The first partner will do their downed enemy melee and the second will do a finisher.

Ex-7 has too many chainsaw bosses.

SmithnCo

GGs Ken. Gotta go.

Clearly the knife is more suited to level 4 and 5 missions, and maybe some EX levels. It just takes too long to kill standard enemies at some EX levels. I guess I'd be better off going with Krauser if I wanted melee time on those.

Ken

SmithnCo said:
GGs Ken. Gotta go.

Clearly the knife is more suited to level 4 and 5 missions, and maybe some EX levels. It just takes too long to kill standard enemies at some EX levels. I guess I'd be better off going with Krauser if I wanted melee time on those.
Yeah, GGs.

I was having serious ammo problems today. I think I ran out of anything that could do damage three times today.

Krauser's knife does a lot more damage than Jill's knife, and has a higher critical rate, but I think his Stinger beats any knife.

Almyn

Is the online as bad for everyone, Or is it something on my end? I can maybe get 1 or 2 games before I start getting white screen error messages every time I try and join a game. It searches for players fine, But I can't join them. I have to back to the main menu and turn the wifi switch on and off.

Disguises

Added my scores :). Just slowly making my way through the game. Had some fun Co-Op games last night (Especially 4-5!)
Almyn said:
Is the online as bad for everyone, Or is it something on my end? I can maybe get 1 or 2 games before I start getting white screen error messages every time I try and join a game. It searches for players fine, But I can't join them. I have to back to the main menu and turn the wifi switch on and off.
I sometimes have an error trying to initially connect online, but after 2-3 tries it usually works. I've also had issues joining people, but I assume it's because someone has joined those games before I could press A.

I had a long session with Barry on the shipyard and damn I thought id get a double S but no. Ended at wave 13/14.
There is a nice place to stay and camp though for bosses. Like there is a gap of crates between you and while waiting you can set up mines as traps, while snipping far away. The enemy almost never gets behind you too. However I wont even try redoing that crazy wave level again until I got more perks to play with. My problem was being reckless with ammo.

Ken

241fd673.png

If it weren't for those meddling garradors... zzz

Almyn said:
Yeah, I think you have to select your partner quickly or another player "steals" the place.

kiryogi

Banned
Anyone up for some soon?

Also, anyone think maybe we should maybe try gathering @ IRC or something so itd be easier to arrange games and communicate?

kiryogi

Banned
Ken said:
Nope. Just a regular enemy hanging out by the two story house. I think you were running away from that direction at the end lol.
Seems like I have a bad habit of that. Happened again just now D:

Ken

kiryogi said:
DC on this end. XD Oh well, gives us another chance at that string. Got pretty crazy there. Think we need to take out the garrador ASAP or something,
I can kill the giant chainsaw guy without much problems but without a grenade launcher, Downing the garrador is tough.

Top Bottom