• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

andycapps

Seiken said:
God, I just woke up and read this pathetic hate-page.

The thing is, apparently it actually affects people! It's just like three people constantly saying the same thing in this thread, and everyone's like "ooh guys GAF hates the game - I'm not buying it anymore LAWL"

But hey, I guess I'm the only good player on GAF. I can play 8 player cooperative as a healer and think it's fun as hell while being #1 in terms of experience. That's fun to me.

I can also enjoy 60 man online which I did last night and that was extremely fun too. I was #1 there too. I guess that's why I'm ejoying it so much and you guys aren't. Because you suck at the game.

And the AI in the Coop? I don't care about it, I still think it's fun - but it's probably getting patched anyway.

I don't get it either. All this hate for the game. The whole time a friend and I were playing the other day, we were loving it.

Seiken said:
God, I just woke up and read this pathetic hate-page.

The thing is, apparently it actually affects people! It's just like three people constantly saying the same thing in this thread, and everyone's like "ooh guys GAF hates the game - I'm not buying it anymore LAWL"

But hey, I guess I'm the only good player on GAF. I can play 8 player cooperative as a healer and think it's fun as hell while being #1 in terms of experience. That's fun to me.

I can also enjoy 60 man online which I did last night and that was extremely fun too. I was #1 there too. I guess that's why I'm ejoying it so much and you guys aren't. Because you suck at the game.

And the AI in the Coop? I don't care about it, I still think it's fun - but it's probably getting patched anyway.

I agree. There are faults in the game but I am having a riot with the beta. In the past week I have put more than 20hrs into, what, like 4 maps and a handful of modes? I think that this is definitely my most anticipated game since I purchased a PS3. The faults that I can point out mean so little when I am actually playing the game. Out of the 20+hrs I have put into it there was maybe ~45mins of frustration and 10 minutes of boredom. Seriously, with an 8 man team it never takes more than 3 minutes to take down a boss (though it can take about 20 minutes to try to take that damn hill!). Things could be more dynamic at that point but it is such a small gripe compared to the shear fun that I am having the rest of the time.

People may prefer to co-op campaign mode, but that isn't what R2 co-op is trying for. This is really a different game, similar, by many accounts, to an MMO. Perhaps that doesn't appeal to everyone in the long run, but I am quite positive that the vast majority will find it fun in the short run. Competitive is great but the beta really only includes larger scale battles (40-60 players). Which may not be for everyone. Get into a 10p deathmatch and you will start to see some tactics and skill. Plus there is a full on single player mode that I am sure will be typical of IG's quality.

Haters hate. I just hope they have more than one system because I don't think you are going to have an easy time finding an appropriate substitute for R2, let alone when that is actually a better package.

Facism

Competitive is fun. Not sold on Skirmish as a mode, but tdm has some really intelligent battle setups with it's spawning on Orick. Not so much on Chicago. Whoever handled Orick's shifting TDM battles deserves more then they're earning. Breathtaking implementation, despite the occasional spawn hiccups in relation to being shot in the back ;p

Coop isn't reaching it's potential with the AI and Health issues. Especially boss health. Feels like cheap longevity for the sake of it.

Not saying this because i don't like the game, saying it because certain things could of been handled better in order to allow coop to be more of a great experience.

the_prime_mover said:
This is really a different game, similar, by many accounts, to an MMO.
How is this game similar to an MMO? Because it has three classes?
the_prime_mover said:
Perhaps that doesn't appeal to everyone in the long run, but I am quite positive that the vast majority will find it fun in the short run.
How short is your "short run"?
the_prime_mover said:
Haters hate.
I thought the point of a beta was to get feedback? But if the feedback is negative, it should be dismissed as hate? The funny thing is, everyone basically agrees on the weaknesses of the co-op game, but somehow if someone expresses these negatives, he's suddenly motivated by some unnatural hate of the game?

oneHeero

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I'm pretty confident at this point most people complaining about the guns not feeling powerful are all going 10-40. There are things to complain about, but the supposed weakness of the guns is not one of them. If you just got on and have played 2 matches, you really aren't in a position to make reliable comments.

The exception I think would be the Splicer, but then I didn't realize that you can fire the primed blade for more damage, so I may have to rethink that one too. You're just (really) bad if it takes you a whole clip of anything to kill someone.
I agree, I was going to say something very similiar. They get scraped in MP so get annoyed, maps are too big, they get killed fast by marksman and dont get a proper chance to feel the maps out so they bitch.

I played Co-op for the first time yesterday, god my team sucked. The bosses do suck i nthe since that they just stand there, but people were getting hurt and I didnt see the boss do anything, didnt know if it was lag or what :\ Would be awesome if the boss AI was put to jump around, give some type of aoe attacks, like jump up and land caushing a mini earthquake, or spin around swinging his arms. Generic but a lot more fun.

I'm sure the co op will be more fun, we all liked the game when we started out, people are just getting bored playing the samething. Especially some gaffers who played coop for hours on hours, now they are bored and are bitching. But who wouldnt bitch, its the samething and your burned yourself out.

Union Carbine said:
How is this game similar to an MMO? Because it has three classes?
How short is your "short run"?
It replicates the feeling of raiding a dungeon/raid boss in almost every aspect. You level up. You buy new equipment. And yes the classes.

Why do you keep getting offended when someone does that comparison?

Metalmurphy said:
It replicates the feeling of raiding a dungeon/raid boss in almost every aspect. You level up. You buy new equipment. And yes the classes.

Why do you keep getting offended when someone does that comparison?
I'm not offended. :lol

I just don't see it. How is this any different from a Ghost Recon or a Rainbow Six or a CoD4? Didn't those have classes? Couldn't you upgrade equipment?

When I think of an MMO, I think of massive, open worlds, clans, open choice amongst a multitude of missions, loot, tons of equipment and customization, grinding.

The dungeon/raid boss thing - yeah, it's got some boss type enemies but it's not the first shooter to do that. How is it different than other shooter levels?

EDIT: And even if I were to accept that it's MMO-like, why should that justify the weaknesses that have been pointed out in the co-op game?

Union Carbine said:
I'm not offended. :lol

I just don't see it. How is this any different from a Ghost Recon or a Rainbow Six or a CoD4? Didn't those have classes? Couldn't you upgrade equipment?

When I think of an MMO, I think of massive, open worlds, clans, open choice amongst a multitude of missions, loot, tons of equipment and customization, grinding.

The dungeon/raid boss thing - yeah, it's got some boss type enemies but it's not the first shooter to do that. How is it different than other shooter levels?

EDIT: And even if I were to accept that it's MMO-like, why should that justify the weaknesses that have been pointed out in the co-op game?
Have you played the beta yet?

The way you approach the levels is completely different from all other shooters. It's closer to an MMO then any other shooter, all the other stuff just adds up to that, even if it's been in other games before.

Metalmurphy said:
Have you played the beta yet?
Yeah, I have, and exclusively the co-op.

Metalmurphy said:
The way you approach the levels is completely different from all other shooters. It's closer to an MMO then any other shooter...
It is? Please tell me how? Just saying "it's closer to an MMO" doesn't say anything. How is it closer? Because what I see is this: Move to checkpoint, kill enemies, move to next checkpoint. I don't see how this is any different from any other shooter.

In essence though, it doesn't really matter. MMO-like or not, the co-op has issues. Calling it MMO-like ought not to magically shield it from such criticisms.

Union Carbine said:
I thought the point of a beta was to get feedback? But if the feedback is negative, it should be dismissed as hate? The funny thing is, everyone basically agrees on the weaknesses of the co-op game, but somehow if someone expresses these negatives, he's suddenly motivated by some unnatural hate of the game?

Hmm, I would think that short run is anywhere from 1hr - 15hrs. I think that the average fps fan would find it enjoyable for a significant lenght of time if they mix up their use of classes, play different maps and play with a consistent group of people (plus there is 2 player local co-op - and the two of you can play in the 8 player matches). A lot of the negativity I think is more a product of fatigue than anything else. That is not to say that the issues brought up do not exist, but I don't think that they will be quite as apparent in the final product when you are playing different maps and different objectives. I am sure that many people have put dozens of hours into this beta and are now a bit tired of the same old. From what I understand, beta testing as a job is tedious after the glamour of "WHAT - GAMES!!!!!11!" wears off.

d0g_bear

Has anyone heard from a real source that Insomniac is working on a day 1 patch?

I mean, obviously they're doing a beta so their working on something, but it might just be their servers and so on.

the_prime_mover said:
A lot of the negativity I think is more a product of fatigue than anything else. That is not to say that the issues brought up do not exist, but I don't think that they will be quite as apparent in the final product when you are playing different maps and different objectives.
This I get. However, if issues with the enemies are the same on all the maps and despite the objectives, I think it's going to become pretty transparent sooner rather than later. Definitely looking at the same map over and over makes the issues more visible. However, that's what they gave us so it's all we've got to go on.

GodofWine

Played about 90 minutes of Competitive last night, in a 10v10 room...high damage, with life meter recovery on, perfect settings IMO.

Though I now think Im nerfed...was constantly in shootouts with the marksman with one other guy, I'd hit him 3 times..then bam, one hit kill on me...bastards.

Im getting no fatigue on this game yet, its still awesome in my book, yea its got a few glitches (spawn points need to be improved is my #1), but this is a BETA for gods sake, so Im not gonna flake out about something thats probably not going to exist in 2 weeks.

Im also assuming the co-op AI / variety will be different in the final version to one degree or the other...also adding random spawn points for enemies and unleashing the occasional HUGE number of enemies in co-op to keep every game fresh would be cool...make everything as unexpected as possible through randomness.

d0g_bear said:
Has anyone heard from a real source that Insomniac is working on a day 1 patch?

I mean, obviously they're doing a beta so their working on something, but it might just be their servers and so on.

I believe JStevenson mentioned that in this thread.

Union Carbine said:
This I get. However, if issues with the enemies are the same on all the maps and despite the objectives, I think it's going to become pretty transparent sooner rather than later. Definitely looking at the same map over and over makes the issues more visible. However, that's what they gave us so it's all we've got to go on.

I agree, and that is why this is a beta. Though how much play testing feedback can affect AI routines once the game is gold . . . this I have no idea. JStevenson mentioned that the boss enemies are more mobile in other locations. Hopefully they will focus more on the weaker elements of your team. The AI of the smaller enemies can be creatively masked by good level design (which, I believe, the current map has plenty of), but if you play through it enough and memorize all the enemy locations then yes, you probably will get bored and feel the enemies are lacking.

I have played through R:FOM, Halo, HL2 and F.E.A.R so many times that I know what weapons are needed, where the enemies will be and how to efficiently counter everything. These games pose no challenge to me on the hardest difficulties anymore. But the first few times through were awesome. There is no substitute for nievity.

the_prime_mover said:
I have played through R:FOM, Halo, HL2 and F.E.A.R so many times that I know what weapons are needed, where the enemies will be and how to efficiently counter everything. These games pose no challenge to me on the hardest difficulties anymore. But the first few times through were awesome. There is no substitute for nievity.
Very true. If there's a difference, I think it would be that at least in Halo, HL2, and F.E.A.R., the enemies would present novel behaviors. They would do interesting, surprising things that gave them character. I don't see that in the R2 enemies.

Union Carbine said:
Very true. If there's a difference, I think it would be that at least in Halo, HL2, and F.E.A.R., the enemies would present novel behaviors. They would do interesting, surprising things that gave them character. I don't see that in the R2 enemies.

In the co-op, for the most part this is true. We can't really speak for single player, though I don't doubt the existence of more than a few WTF moments. For the co-op I think that it may be a scaling issue. The number of enemies only changes slightly but they take more damage and may be slightly more agressive when there are more people playing. But if the enemies were flanking and rushing all the time then you would easily be overrun and the game would be insanely difficult. As it is the soldier is the only one that can take any real damage in a short period of time and their shield only covers one direction. Orick is only really provides wide open spaces or easily contained areas. If in other levels we see areas that are more difficult to defend (i.e various elevations, narrow halls swarming with Grimms, blind corners . . .) then I think you will find yourself hard pressed regardless of how familiar you are with the level in play.

the_prime_mover said:
...The number of enemies only changes slightly but they take more damage and may be slightly more agressive when there are more people playing. But if the enemies were flanking and rushing all the time then you would easily be overrun and the game would be insanely difficult.
Giving the enemies more behaviors might obviate the need to pump up their damage threshold. Not only are the enemies so static but that they take so long to kill. Maybe if they were more active, their health could be toned down and preserve the overall difficulty?

the_prime_mover said:
...If in other levels we see areas that are more difficult to defend (i.e various elevations, narrow halls swarming with Grimms, blind corners . . .) then I think you will find yourself hard pressed regardless of how familiar you are with the level in play.
Could be. I hope so.

Union Carbine said:
Giving the enemies more behaviors might obviate the need to pump up their damage threshold. Not only are the enemies so static but that they take so long to kill. Maybe if they were more active, their health could be toned down and preserve the overall difficulty?

This would be a good idea. Perhaps giving them behavioural routines like flank and flee to draw players into a trap. I would also like to see hybrids use the bullseye tag and perhaps enemies with longer range weaponry to rain horror from afar. I wonder if the chamelons will be in co-op . . .

As it stands a good spec-op/medic/soldier trio will be adequate to confront almost any direct threat, so the enemies really only need to act in a way that breaks this grouping up. Looking at players who do not work together you will see teams getting wiped out quickly.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Well here's my stance on this situation. Gaf always overreacts about any kind of "hate" towards their games.

Now I'll first state I'm satisfied with the changes they made. The graphics are still meh, but SP looks great so I'm fine with that, it's much faster paced, much more fine tuned, so I'm happier with it. COOP I'm bored to death with, I dunno if it's because I played it too much in the private beta, or if it just feels monotonous and almost pointless. We'll see when we get the full game.

All that being said, some of you must not have played the private beta. I remember people posting the EXACT problems you're saying, and they would get harped on for it... in fact I got harped on as much as the other guy. Maybe you should think for a second next time and say "hell! Maybe he's being honest... maybe he's not a troll!". Once again I like the changes they've made and competitive has grown on me. I don't think there is much chance I'll play this anywhere near as much as the first one, but I'll still enjoy it.

Wolffen

the_prime_mover said:
I agree. There are faults in the game but I am having a riot with the beta. In the past week I have put more than 20hrs into, what, like 4 maps and a handful of modes? I think that this is definitely my most anticipated game since I purchased a PS3. The faults that I can point out mean so little when I am actually playing the game. Out of the 20+hrs I have put into it there was maybe ~45mins of frustration and 10 minutes of boredom. Seriously, with an 8 man team it never takes more than 3 minutes to take down a boss (though it can take about 20 minutes to try to take that damn hill!). Things could be more dynamic at that point but it is such a small gripe compared to the shear fun that I am having the rest of the time.

I haven't been able to play the beta as much as I'd like, but I've put in close to 4 hours, virtually all co-op so far, and I agree: while there are definitely faults and some things that need polishing, I'm having a blast with co-op. I love that R2's co-op doesn't really support lone wolves and so forcefully encourages teamwork.

One of the things I thought was strange (and a pleasant surprise last night) while I played yesterday was that more and more of the Chimera started charging and flanking last night in two of the 3 co-op games I played. I don't know if the AI is changing depending on the level of the players or if Insomniac is somehow making changes to the AI on the servers, but the game definitely felt different last night compared to the first two nights of the beta last weekend. That said, I definitely agree that the AI needs some tweaking to add more spice so you're not simply fighting stationary bullet sponges the majority of the time.

I hope Insomniac changes on Day 1 or shortly thereafter the "spawn enemies on top of players" issue that can wipe out your entire team I've seen others complaining about.

My Arms Your Hearse said:
AS far as enemies spawning on people, that is probably the people's fault. There are certain objects that are spawn points (transporters). Don't stand in/on them :p
Except that it isn't illogical to think that holding the transporters might prevent the enemy from spawning into them... Of course, after that tactic failing a couple of times, you learn not to try.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Sean said:
When the beta was released the game had already gone gold. That's not a true beta, it's a multiplayer demo that was branded as a beta for marketing purposes. Perhaps issues like the pathfinding AI will be improved upon in the day 1 patch, but they're not going to revamp the whole game in three weeks.

Pathfinding AI is just one of the items being worked on in the patch.

Sean said:
Most of my complaints were game design issues anyway. The class-based system just doesn't work in this game and feels shoehorned in without much thought at all.

The entire co-op is based around those three classes working together...... doesn't seem shoehorned to me.

If any one has an extra key lying around I'd really like try out the beta please pm me!

Edit: Jstevenson since you here what are the chances of me getting in the beta after I applied on the mymesistance site?

I Need to get in this beta!!!

jstevenson said:
Pathfinding AI is just one of the items being worked on in the patch.
Great to hear!
jstevenson said:
The entire co-op is based around those three classes working together...... doesn't seem shoehorned to me.
I think the classes work fine. I do wish the throwing distance of the Spec-Ops ammo toss were increased a bit though.

Union Carbine said:
I think the classes work fine. I do wish the throwing distance of the Spec-Ops ammo toss were increased a bit though.

I agree whole heartedly. The spec-op is given a marksman which makes him a natural sniper type but his throw range is so short that he needs to be close by as soldiers drop ammo and shields so fast. I would like to see them able to throw further so that they can hang back a bit. The spec-ops health is so low that you are never going to stray to far from the shields anyway (unless you are crazy and/or hate your team), but a little bit of range would be nice. The soldier isn't always near the best sniping point.

Anyon else feel the splicer is really underpowered. I can only really get a 1:1 K/D ration with it, wereas I can easilyu get a much better ration with something else.

I love the splicer though, just wish it was a bit more powerful. Hopefully with more use it'lll get better for me.

And isn't it's R2 fire rather pointless?

the_prime_mover said:
I agree whole heartedly. The spec-op is given a marksman which makes him a natural sniper type but his throw range is so short that he needs to be close by as soldiers drop ammo and shields so fast. I would like to see them able to throw further so that they can hang back a bit. The spec-ops health is so low that you are never going to stray to far from the shields anyway (unless you are crazy and/or hate your team), but a little bit of range would be nice. The soldier isn't always near the best sniping point.

I agree with this. Hell as a medic I can heal across a damn courtyard with accuracy.

Union Carbine said:
It is? Please tell me how? Just saying "it's closer to an MMO" doesn't say anything. How is it closer? Because what I see is this: Move to checkpoint, kill enemies, move to next checkpoint. I don't see how this is any different from any other shooter.
*sheesh*... Because soldiers play/act like tanks, medics like healers and Spec ops like supporters/buffers. You keep saying other games have done this and that but no other game has done it all in the way that works, and all that put together makes the gameplay similar to an MMO, except it's an FPS so obviously it's not gonna be exactly the same, but the strategy and the way you approach levels is pretty much the same.

I mean... the fact that the comparison has been made several times by lots of different people kinda says alot...

Union Carbine said:
In essence though, it doesn't really matter. MMO-like or not, the co-op has issues. Calling it MMO-like ought not to magically shield it from such criticisms.
No one said otherwise. But regardless, imo Co-op has MINOR issues.

McLovin

Day one purchase for me. Loved the co-op and I can't wait for the main treat. The single player campaign :D
Edit-Nice job on the Medic Insomniac. I can honestly say its the funnest healer class I have ever played in any game.

krypt0nian said:
I agree with this. Hell as a medic I can heal across a damn courtyard with accuracy.

To add to that you could make the spec-op throw the ammo packs like a frag grenade with similar distance. That way it would still depend on the spec-op having the throwing accuracy to get the packs to those who need it when they need it, while not necessarily compromising the sweet sniping spot you have found.

Arnie

Jstevenson i recall you saying yesterday that most myres members should get a code today, I checked my inbox and its really not there. Im desperate to try this game out.

Please if anybody has an EU code I would greatly appreciate it. Or if JSteve can post on when more beta keys will be allocated to the general public?

Metalmurphy said:
No one said otherwise.
I think the implication has certainly been there when people defend poor AI by saying that it's MMO-like. As far as the rest, why isn't it Action-RPG like? I guess I'll just have to disagree with the MMO-like crowd and move on.

Union Carbine said:
I think the implication has certainly been there when people defend poor AI by saying that it's MMO-like. As far as the rest, why isn't it Action-RPG like? I guess I'll just have to disagree with the MMO-like crowd and move on.
Well, that's certainly not what I meant :p There's definatly a problem there and jstevesen already acknowledge it. I mean, Titans get stuck all the time and don't even move, even that doesn't happen in MMOs :p

Wait, some weirdos think the Ai is dead? Are you crazy? We played a bunch of co-op last night and were all amazed by how aggressive it is. The big guys with shileds kept rushing us and taking out the closer people. A titan kept plodding after us backing us up in a corner. RFOM was known for the agressive tactics of the chimera and they have upped it. Maybe it's glitched; when it works it's BRUTAL

I'm not sure about the single player. But the new weapon system works really well in competitive. Being able to respawn with any weapon makes a huge difference. It's much more accessible. I can make a round with a gun just to see how it works. And it was a waste to have dozen of weapons when 99% of the time you only used the bullseye and the carabine. I really love the new Auger by the way. The fact that you can see people across walls when you're aiming make a lot more less frustrating to use. I never used that gun in R1 mp, but I'm having a blast with it in the beta. :D

As for the co-op, how much improvement can we expect? It's very fun as it is now, but there's is almost no AI, and most bosses are pretty annoying. It's nice to have really tough bosses like the titans, but they barely defend themselves. Well, when there's tons of chimera protecting him it's a little funnier but still, they feel like more like time waster than actual bosses.

Cheech

Kingsora said:
So anybody has a spare code? Because I just can't believe that R2 is a bad game

It's not a bad game by any stretch of the imagination.

I will say after playing the beta for a couple hours, however, that Sony was stupid to drop this right in between Gears 2 and CoD5. I don't really want to take a piss in the thread, so I'll stop right there.

I will still be buying R2 for the campaign.

Played some 40 player competitive today.

- guns feel like shit and really boring to use. (the sound is horrible, it doesn't feel like any bullets are coming out of you gun.)
- flaming cars are the most frustrating thing in this game, you come any where near it, you'll die.
- no image of the guns when you select them.
- shotgun and the carbine are very underpowered.
- when you get shot once, taking just 10% of your health, the screen goes nuts, and it feels like your gonna die in a second, so you just give up. other games start warning you about that when you only have 10% of you health left. very frustrating.
- there is too much health, takes too long to kill somebody.
- the red arrow showing you where you got shot from is pretty much broken.
- the gun model takes up almost 50% of the screen.
- zooming in really stupid and useless, it feels awkward everytime you do it with any gun.
- the game isn't very simple, really hard to pick up and play. I found myself being 4-5th but my KD/R is still under 1.00.
- the game doesn't look that great, some really shitty textures here and there, lighting is non exsistent, still doesn't look better than COD4, and with all the great looking games coming out (Far Cry, Gears, Killzone etc), this feels very outdated already.

so yeah... this is a rental for me.

Rapping Granny said:

- guns feel like shit and really boring to use. (the sound is horrible, it doesn't feel like any bullets are coming out of you gun.)
- flaming cars are the most frustrating thing in this game, you come any where near it, you'll die.
- when you get shot once, taking just 10% of your health, the screen goes nuts, and it feels like your gonna die in a second, so you just give up. other games start warning you about that when you only have 10% of you health left. very frustrating.
- zooming in really stupid and useless, it feels awkward everytime you do it with any gun.
- the game isn't very simple, really hard to pick up and play. I found myself being 4-5th but my KD/R is still under 1.00.
- the game doesn't look that great, some really shitty textures here and there, lighting is non exsistent, still doesn't look better than COD4, and with all the great looking games coming out (Far Cry, Gears, Killzone etc), this feels very outdated already.

so...you just not very good at it. How long did you even play? you were still bitching about not having a code when I read the thread last night.

womfalcs3

Banned
I want the R1 controls. Do any of the perset controls resemble them? If not, I need to go into R1 and see which button did what so I can customize the controls in R2.

R1 MP was so much fun.

EDIT: I love the GUI. Give props for those who designed it. Feels nice.

patsu

BobTheFork said:
Wait, some weirdos think the Ai is dead? Are you crazy? We played a bunch of co-op last night and were all amazed by how aggressive it is. The big guys with shileds kept rushing us and taking out the closer people. A titan kept plodding after us backing us up in a corner. RFOM was known for the agressive tactics of the chimera and they have upped it. Maybe it's glitched; when it works it's BRUTAL

The boss AI (Titan and Stalker) is bad. The hybrids and regular foot soldiers are good/great in outdoor areas. In indoor area, they seldom move (I mean they *do* but most of the time they simply bunch up together).

Firewire

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

Just curious, have you played R1?

r4z4

-ARNiE- said:
Jstevenson i recall you saying yesterday that most myres members should get a code today, I checked my inbox and its really not there. Im desperate to try this game out.

Please if anybody has an EU code I would greatly appreciate it. Or if JSteve can post on when more beta keys will be allocated to the general public?

Isn't the beta 'sully subscribed' now? I'm gutted at missing out on a code as I was hanging around on IGN all day when Sony mega-failed and then was busy the next day. Oh well, fingers crossed some more beta codes pop up soon.

Triz

bitching about the sound leads me to believe someone is playing this without a reciever capable of using the Multichannel PCM track.

let me tell you something. It sounds great.

McLovin

Rapping Granny said:

I agree that there's too much health. But if you get set on fire all you have to do is shake the controller. This is supposed to be an old build so lighting/textures/everything will look better in the final release.

patsu

Rapping Granny said:

Did you play the Dock map ? I don't like that map (It's very harsh to new players). Too many vantage points to pick on them/us. It also doesn't look as good as Orick or other SP levels I have seen so far.

As for taking "too long" to kill someone, I disagree wholeheartedly. They can kill me fast. I think it's a matter of getting used to the guns.

I do think the guns feel a little disconnect from me (in the competitive game only). Not sure where I get the feeling, but it's there. Co-op is fine too, especially with improved AI.

BobTheFork said:
so...you just not very good at it. How long did you even play? you were still bitching about not having a code when I read the thread last night.

so being 4th and 5th over 40 players is shitty?

and no I haven't played R1 before except for the demo.

and I have played competitive for about an hour and half, and was playing the chicago street level.

McLovin said:
I agree that there's too much health. But if you get set on fire all you have to do is shake the controller. This is supposed to be an old build so lighting/textures/everything will look better in the final release.

:eek: did not know that!

Top Bottom