• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

GodofWine

JB1981 said:
I think the San Fran map takes the cake for ugliest lighting in any videogame ever.

I am actually very much considering not buying this game. Not this fall, at least.

Ever...EVER...like worse than fucking Zaxon
zaxxon_03.png

Please don't buy this game and delete the beta and play Zaxon and enjoy its shadowing and its co-op mode.

Sorry if it has been answered before, but does anyone know why at the end of every coop game it tells me my score was 0, but shows everyone elses?

EktorPR

FeedTheYak said:
Sorry if it has been answered before, but does anyone know why at the end of every coop game it tells me my score was 0, but shows everyone elses?

Happened to me too. I just assumed it was an epic fail of the beta itself.

Madman

FeedTheYak said:
Don't know. Happens to me too.

Rolf NB

Chicago is such a weird map. Feels like it was designed for a different game. Imagine this in Resistance 1, or even in Quake 3, with most of the ground-level cover and clutter removed. Fast, precise, furious, awesome shit ninjas flying through narrow corridors and across rooftops. With the slower movement in R2 competitive though, I really don't get it.

That sawmill map though, I really like.
GodofWine said:
Are people (meaning you GAFers) preferring the normal weapon damage, or the high weapon damage?

Personally, I totally dig the high damage with a recovering life bar..feels perfect.
High.
Low damage feels as if it was deliberately designed in such a way that you're not lethal alone, and need a squad, or at least one buddy, to down an enemy on equal footing. That's a fine design choice if the goal is to encourage squad behaviour. I'm not big into socializing in online games, so I naturally I prefer to have some stopping power even when I'm alone.

GodofWine

bcn-ron said:
High.
Low damage feels as if it was deliberately designed in such a way that you're not lethal alone, and need a squad, or at least one buddy, to down an enemy on equal footing. That's a fine design choice if the goal is to encourage squad behaviour. I'm not big into socializing in online games, so I naturally I prefer to have some stopping power even when I'm alone.

Cool, same here...If I see you online, I'll try to kill you without saying hello :lol

Arnie

Oh god, I guess this is one beta I will just have to sit out of. Shame, I might have been compelled to purchase the product.

JB1981

GodofWine said:
Ever...EVER...like worse than fucking Zaxon
zaxxon_03.png

Please don't buy this game and delete the beta and play Zaxon and enjoy its shadowing and its co-op mode.
My eyes bleed from the amazing. :lol

tfur

FeedTheYak said:

known menu bug...

Rolf NB

GodofWine said:
Cool, same here...If I see you online, I'll try to kill you without saying hello :lol
Awesome, if I see you I'll take the time and double-check that I'm not wearing my headset.
I don't own a headset.

bcn-ron said:
Chicago is such a weird map. Feels like it was designed for a different game. Imagine this in Resistance 1, or even in Quake 3, with most of the ground-level cover and clutter removed. Fast, precise, furious, awesome shit ninjas flying through narrow corridors and across rooftops. With the slower movement in R2 competitive though, I really don't get it.

That sawmill map though, I really like.
High.

Hmm, I think both Chicago maps are a lot of fun (spawning in alleys notwithstanding). I CANNOT STAND Orrick however. Though that might have a lot to do with the fact it's a huge 60 man zerg most of the time. Somewhat tolerable on 40.

Rolf NB

Guled said:
same, I really like the variety the maps have to offer
Variety is definitely a plus, yeah. Maybe I was just having bad luck with my Chicago playgroup.
I actually got team-killed a whole damn lot. I don't think it was deliberate, but it's still frustrating. Opposing groups swarming through those alleys is just such a clusterfuck of bullets, so I can understand why it happens, to some extent.
Will try again rite nao.

Firewire

Banned
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Hmm, I think both Chicago maps are a lot of fun (spawning in alleys notwithstanding). I CANNOT STAND Orrick however. Though that might have a lot to do with the fact it's a huge 60 man zerg most of the time. Somewhat tolerable on 40.

I like the Orrick map better with 60 players!

I was never a fan of the bigger maps in R1, I really liked the crazy intense close quarters fire fights in maps like Roof Tops & the Mall in R1, but for some reason I like Orrick. Its really strange to, because I really hated Somerset in R1.

TEH-CJ

Banned
The game looks bad?, whut??

i dont know if people are playing this game at 1080p or its native res, or just simply don't have there HDTV calibrated. because playing this game on my calibrated panasonic veira looks amazing, including san fran. the amount of things happening on that level alone should make up for the games graphical shortcomings.

DrPirate

Banned
TEH-CJ said:
The game looks bad?, whut??

i dont know if people are playing this game at 1080p or its native res, or just simply don't have there HDTV calibrated. because playing this game on my calibrated panasonic veira looks amazing, including san fran. the amount of things happening on that level alone should make up for the games graphical shortcomings.

I feel the same way.

I don't know what other people are seeing when they say it looks bad.

My Arms Your Hearse said:

Bah, Orrick core match is awesome beyond!! :D

The new Somerset!!

Any gafers playing atm?

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Man some of this critisism of this game is so stupid, feel like stabbing someone, people are complaining because they are doing stuff wrong or dont know how to play the game, im going to go out on a limb and say in the retail version there will be some form of tutorial so people can come to terms with the basics.

As for enemies having to much health, i think thats on purpose, i mean your potentially in a game with 30 or ever 59 other people trying to kill you, youd wanna have a bit extra health..... i seem to die real quick though? :lol but yeah, nuts to you guys.

TheFreshPrince said:
is there going to be any sort of save system for co-op? I hate getting to mission 11 of 12 and dying....and having to start all over!

Nah, a check point system would be nice but i recon that hurts the gameplay a bit. When everyone else is dead just bail and wait till they respawn, makes it bit more intense.

-viper-

Banned
DrPirate said:
I feel the same way.

I don't know what other people are seeing when they say it looks bad.
Although I don't have the best 1080p LCD in the world, it looks amazing on my TV too.

Chicago just looks awesome.

Dante said:
Ugliest lighting ever?

14bki09.jpg

:lol I swear negative Hyperbole is like Oxygen to some people here.

Indeed, that map looks like a piece of concept art to me. I'm sure their art team was high fiving the crap out of each other when that was finalized. It's such perfect imagery for the series.

oneHeero

Dante said:
Ugliest lighting ever?

:lol I swear negative Hyperbole is like Oxygen to some people here.
Dante, whats your psn? Turin69 is a beast, hes a friend of mine, we were all playing yesterday on that map, a bunch of my clanmates and I. I'm Wise_

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spy said:
I hadn't occurred to me until now that Resistance 2 comes out on my birthday.
Funny, I'm buying R2 for my cousin because it's his birthday :D

Top Bottom