• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Dante

jstevenson said:
hi everybody,

I'm exhausted, but we showed co-op, SP and MP... some folks played co-op for close to two hours, others played SP for that time, and others played MP. We went for over four hours and still had to kick people off.

Feedback was universally and exceptionally positive.

I'll be on a plane tomorrow when everything breaks. Rest assured i'll be around to answer questions when I get in.

And yes, all the screenshots you'll see tomorrow are real... :D

Fuck Yes! :D

Prezhulio

jstevenson said:
hi everybody,

I'm exhausted, but we showed co-op, SP and MP... some folks played co-op for close to two hours, others played SP for that time, and others played MP. We went for over four hours and still had to kick people off.

I'll be on a plane tomorrow when everything breaks. Rest assured i'll be around to answer questions when I get in.

AHHHH the hype trail rolleth!

jstevenson said:
hi everybody,

what a tease. can't wait

thuway

cjtiger300 said:
Its real, its Damn Real!!!!!!!!!!!:D
kurtangle.jpg

DrPirate said:
Oh shit. Shit just got real

on a scale from 1 to 10, is it over 9000?

I am guessing since JS had to tell us before we even see the screens that they are real, they lean more towards

DrPirate

Banned
cjtiger300 said:
I am guessing since JS had to tell us before we even see the screens that they are real, they lean more towards

Jesus dude, you are my hero.

Jesus_Christ_Thumbs_up.jpg

Edit: hold on, did you actually see it, as Private Hoffman asked? or am I getting caught in a web of hype, in which case, I will start lowering myself down to ground level...

Ploid 3.0

He didn't see it, he was just making a reference to a wrestler's catch phrase.

I can barely stand the wait for tomorrow's R2 media blitz, I don't see how I will endure the torture of a whole month that is October. Is the beta NDA'd? I'm sure I'm not getting in, I hope the high quality videos tide me over if it's allowed (like the Media's Warhawk PSN beta).

I have a bunch of PSN games that needs playing, yet they are now unattractive to me. I haven't finished eden and I have like 2 trophies on it. I don't care much for trophies, but I guess they could take my mind off of R2 if I was interested.

GamerSciz

This is awesome news. I have been waiting to be teased a bit more. After seeing the Orick, CA trailer I was so ready to pick up Resistance 2 but I guess I have to wait until it comes out. Can't wait for tomorrow!

thuway said:
N'Gai's Twitter:

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUCKKKK.GIF!!!!!

Here's what he said before:

Level Up at E3: "Amount of polish will determine whether Resistance 2 is good or great."

His response tonight:

Level Up after last night's preview event: polish confirmed.

WinFonda

Private Hoffman said:

Level Up at E3: "Amount of polish will determine whether Resistance 2 is good or great."

His response tonight:

24m4vx1.gif

FightyF

Banned
Private Hoffman said:

His response tonight:

How anyone could question the polish of an Insomniac game is beyond me...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
EktorPR said:
Footage? FOOTAGE!? I knew we were getting pics & impressions, but footage...oh lord. :D

Many folks took direct feed from the LA event, plus there is b-roll.

To warn you - much of the Iceland and Orick levels may be shown in the direct feed, as well as a new co-op level, some fully-leveled up co-op classes, etc.

If you're trying to remain spoiler free, you may want to be careful about the SP footage and how much you watch. Pretty sure some outlets may have close to full playthroughs,

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
jstevenson said:
If you're trying to remain spoiler free, you may want to be careful about the SP footage and how much you watch. Pretty sure some outlets may have close to full (AWESOME) playthroughs,

Fixed that for you.

jstevenson said:

To warn you - much of the Iceland and Orick levels may be shown in the direct feed, as well as a new co-op level, some fully-leveled up co-op classes, etc.

If you're trying to remain spoiler free, you may want to be careful about the SP footage and how much you watch. Pretty sure some outlets may have close to full playthroughs,

You just gave me a raging gaming boner.

Full playthroughs of levels is exactly what I want to see! Too many short clips of R2 so far, while we've seen pretty extensive level playthroughs of Gears 2 and Killzone 2.

Really glad to see Iceland on there. That map looks incredible.

EktorPR

jstevenson said:

Holy shit. Thanks for robbing me of even more sleep, JS. :D

jstevenson said:

Spoilers vs. Awesome footage hmmmm

Screw it, MUST see. I really am looking forward to seeing since the impressions seem to ranging from blown away to totally blown away.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
lybertyboy said:
Fixed that for you.

So hawt. Thanks d00d. :D

And BTW- yes, I was at Yankee Stadium, and yes, it dethroned the best baseball experience of my life (Joba winning a College World Series game for Nebraska vs. ASU). Pretty unbelevable.

Billen

Banned
OMG THE HYPETRAIN HIT ME AND I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT THIS CONSTANT POSTING IN CAPS IS MAKING ME AROUSED!

As a sidenote, those pics needs to be relased now. Does anyone know if pre-orders from Vgplus, for example, would grant a poor european soul a beta code?

FirewalkR

jstevenson said:

You, sir, are worth every cent Insomniac lavishes upon you every month. :lol

(ps: I hope they pay you enough for this not to be an insult lol!)

Enojado

mr_nothin said:
Playstation 3: Life with Hype

Seriously though, it's like that's all the ps3 is.
One hype train after another.

*shrugs*

Don't get on if it don't please ya. As for me, I'm gladly aboard. I think it's a pretty safe place to be when Insomniac is involved.

Ploid 3.0

mr_nothin said:

Don't be so upset at the people that are excited. We have been waiting to see this game in action since it was announced in Game Informer way back when. Just avoid the thread if it get to be too much for you. If you must click this thread, you could also ignore the posts that you don't like, and look for posts that go with what you want to see.

We're gamers, this is our hobby, and our entertainment. Be a human, and take down that anonymous shield that is your online persona for a second (or for a good long while).

Even though I might be bias, I see nothing out of place here. A developer that has proven itself time, and time again is ready to release it's next big game. Now, if a new shelby cobra is shown to the public (without it's rough paint/bodywork, and car X temporary engine) won't that get car enthusiasts riled up?

Anyway, it's all on topic what they are doing. Being excited about the game, and awaiting the latest news for the game. What did you expect to see when you clicked? A chat about what allows Sonic to run so fast?

mr_nothin said:

If your pissed about this wait till the thread for the unveiling of Team Ico's PS3 project or the first God of War III gameplay videos.

Top Bottom