• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

GodofWine

Gamestop just emailed me my beta registration code... now I must get back to sacrificing small animals at the bottom of every hour in hopes it brings me a Killzone beta key

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So no new R2 media from the Canada and TGS events ?

I finally had to go into Gamestop and tell them that they're supposed to pass out a voucher with the code on it. The response I get?

"Oh, yeah."

Christ. Anyway, got it, all is well.

Flunkie

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I finally had to go into Gamestop and tell them that they're supposed to pass out a voucher with the code on it. The response I get?

"Oh, yeah."

Christ. Anyway, got it, all is well.
At least they weren't all like, "Oh no you didn't."

damn...they've been quiet the past few days. Crunch time? GoW2 has gone gold and it releases on the 7th.

my guess is that finishing the game is of a higher priority to getting the beta rolled out...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I need my betaz ! I want the betaz plz ! raaawr!
PD:Where the hell is kittonwy ?

Fizzle

Are you joking or is he actually banned?

I'd be pissed if he was. Challenging jstevenson like that. It's like trying to beat up an elephant with one finger.

Fersis

BobTheFork said:
He's banned for a month, are you guys going to be ok?:lol
Oh i see, ok no problem.
Why he was banned?

So JStevenson, the japanese translation of R2 ,is done by Insomniac or by SCEJ ??
Looks like a lot of work :S

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Fizzle said:
Are you joking or is he actually banned?

I'd be pissed if he was. Challenging jstevenson like that. It's like trying to beat up an elephant with one finger.

I wouldn't get him banned... Kittonwy may have taken himself off my Christmas card list (j/k, I don't actually have a Christmas card list), but I wouldn't ask for him to be banned, that's like taking Kramer out of Seinfeld... or the Canada out of North America!

Fizzle

I don't think we should consider getting someone banned for questioning a game tbh.

Unless he was rude or making false comments, I see no reason to even think about it.

Fersis

jstevenson said:
I wouldn't get him banned... Kittonwy may have taken himself off my Christmas card list (j/k, I don't actually have a Christmas card list), but I wouldn't ask for him to be banned, that's like taking Kramer out of Seinfeld... or the Canada out of North America!
I love Seinfeld ,ive watched every season on the SONY Entertainment Television Channel .
SONY rocks!

Fersis

Fizzle said:
I don't think we should consider getting someone banned for questioning a game tbh.

Unless he was rude or making false comments, I see no reason to even think about it.
mhmhm i dont believe that he was banned because of this thread...
I mean he was like a chimera and then he 'converted' back to human and started to stunnerz all the guys who made negative comments.
I think it was another thread.

Fizzle

Fersis said:
mhmhm i dont believe that he was banned because of this thread...
I mean he was like a chimera and then he 'converted' back to human and started to stunnerz all the guys who made negative comments.
I think it was another thread.

Woah slow down there....

That cute kitten was a chimera!?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
He's banned for a month

i missed that one

Anyways, TGS demo (posted in other thread) - i loved the feel of having the big robot war fight going on around you as you dealt with the Chimera. Hard to guage much beyond that as it's pretty clearly an intro level and you are pushed through fire fights that are in confined spaces (and the bullseye was shredding everyone).

The colours were fantastic though and the general theme has me excited.

So yeah, tapping fingers until Qore demo hits - hope i don't get Regiowned like i did with Socom. :/

Fersis

Fizzle said:
Woah slow down there....

That cute kitten was a chimera!?
Yeah,havent you noticed the bandana on the kitten ?
IS TO HIDE THE OTHER 4 EYES !!! :D

Fizzle

Guled said:
According to BryanI "we’re extremely close to getting the public beta out the door". I hope that means tomorrow

Yeah but that depends on how close it is to the door?

How many are they pushing and will there be any more doors for us UK people?

Guled said:
According to BryanI "we’re extremely close to getting the public beta out the door". I hope that means tomorrow

When did he say that? I heard "soon" about a week ago.

I also heard early October but unless it comes out in the next few days, it ain't early.

desertdroog

I've been lurking these forums since before I decided to sign up and will probably post rarely, however, Resistance 2 is my most hyped want for 2008 (currently have LBP, Fallout 3, Gears 2, and Prince of Persia on pre-order).

I've wanted a PS3 ever since I saw the announcement for I8, and Resistance 1 was THE system seller for me, once it was official. Too bad I had to wait until the MGS4 bundle dropped before I picked up a PS3 (that and the wacky sku's Sony offered), but here I am and rabidly awaiting for the release date. Yes, I pre-ordered the special edition when it was finally announced in these forums.

Day 1, as it were.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
desertdroog said:
I've been lurking these forums since before I decided to sign up and will probably post rarely, however, Resistance 2 is my most hyped want for 2008 (currently have LBP, Fallout 3, Gears 2, and Prince of Persia on pre-order).

I wanted a PS3 ever since I saw the announcement for I8 and Resistance 1 was a system seller for me. Too bad I had to wait until the MGS4 bundle dropped, but here I am and rabidly awaiting for the release date. Yes, I pre-ordered the special edition when it was finally announced in these forums.

Day 1, as it were.

awesome first post :D

Fizzle

Oh yeah that link triggered a memory, the cutscene that was on gametrailers with bad lip synching, was it the game or video's fault?

Fersis said:
Daaaaamn, that makes me want it more !!
Ok, im telling you guys im gonna start crying like a schoolgirl if i dont get my beta in the next 2 days !:lol

for real

I want to get my hands on the beta before LBP and MotorStorm 2 hit.

Snipes424

Hey js, nice to have you back. So just how insane are things over there at IG?

I wish you guys would make a video of the crazyness, I've always wanted to see the last week or two of a studio pushing out a game.

Fersis

Snipes424 said:

I wish you guys would make a video of the crazyness, I've always wanted to see the last week or two of a studio pushing out a game.

So you want to see a video of Ted Price
'Teddy' for his friends.. like me :D
whipping everyone ?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Snipes424 said:

Oh, it's quiet here for the most part, actually. MP team is working hard on public beta and day one patch.

Fizzle said:
Oh yeah that link triggered a memory, the cutscene that was on gametrailers with bad lip synching, was it the game or video's fault?

Pretty sure it was the video, not the actual game.

jstevenson said:
Oh, it's quiet here for the most part, actually. MP team is working hard on public beta and day one patch.

Pretty sure it was the video, not the actual game.

If it's quiet, does that mean the game is basically going Gold in the next few days?

Fersis

Private Hoffman said:
If it's quiet, does that mean the game is basically going Gold in the next few days?
You know that im forced to say : 'Its Gold Jerry, Gold!' ? You know ?
:D

Snipes424

jstevenson said:

Ahh ok, That's good to hear, I've just heard horror stories about the last crunch, so I assumed that you guys would be in the same boat, especially with a game as huge as R2, but then again, it always seems like IG has their shit together :).

Can't wait for open beta though, I'm really interested to see what changes have been made.

Fersis

Snipes424 said:
Ahh ok, That's good to hear, I've just heard horror stories about the last crunch, so I assumed that you guys would be in the same boat, especially with a game as huge as R2, but then again, it always seems like IG has their shit together :).

Can't wait for open beta though, I'm really interested to see what changes have been made.
Of course i never worked on a project of the scale of R2, BUT when we had to reach gold master ,oh maaan ,those were crazy times, 12-14 hours a day, sleeping on the office and that kind of thing.

Fizzle

All of these Seinfeld connotations must mean Seinfeld must still be big in America.

What's funny is, I know a guy who has a moustache and a soup shop.

Fersis

Fizzle said:
All of these Seinfeld connotations must mean Seinfeld must still be big in America.

What's funny is, I know a guy who has a moustache and a soup shop.
Dude , i live on Argentina ,if you remember well the Soup Nazi moved here. :D
Awesome episode. And i firmly believe that Seinfeld is the best american sitcom.

Fizzle

Fersis said:
Dude , i live on Argentina ,if you remember well the Soup Nazi moved here. :D
Awesome episode. And i firmly believe that Seinfeld is the best american sitcom.

The guy is a legend. I demand his name and picture get put in every dictionary.

Fersis

Fizzle said:
The guy is a legend. I demand his name and picture get put in every dictionary.
Nooo dictionary for you ! :D
Ok,lets change the channell, lets keep talking about R2

Fizzle

Well, the game will be awesome, the upgrade from R1 to R2 is so huge I'm actually suprised JStevey *insert cool pic of a guy called JStevey* has said it was quiet.

Fersis

Fizzle said:
Well, the game will be awesome, the upgrade from R1 to R2 is so huge I'm actually suprised JStevey *insert cool pic of a guy called JStevey* has said it was quiet.
Maybe because have the best production line on the entire industry ?
I mean which other developer can make 3 AAA games in less than 3 years ?
Insomniac delivers.

Top Bottom