• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Ploid 3.0 said:
Killzone 2 beta.

So many betas going on lately. They have to stop this soon. People are getting too used to them.
Yeah, but its's a closed beta so it's NOT for everyone. *sigh*

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Went and played some R1 yesterday did the Manchester section with the Stalker, still holds up ok imo, online was packed to the shit as well, surprised how many servers there where and almost all full up.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Went and played some R1 yesterday did the Manchester section with the Stalker, still holds up ok imo, online was packed to the shit as well, surprised how many servers there where and almost all full up.
Yeah ,i bought R1 one or two months ago, and i was surprised by the ammount of people playing it.

Fizzle

I'm still surprised the amount of people who still play warhawk!

I initially thought it'd be forgotten once they hype died down.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
LBP Beta is over.
Come Resistance 2!!!!!!!

kevm3

Betas persuade me to buy games much more than demos, since they offer a significant amount of playing experience and aren't significantly pared down in comparison to demos. I wouldn't mind getting in the R2 one, but I haven't received a single invite for beta participation from Sony yet.

Fersis

Can i haz sum Reziztanse 2 betaz plz?

Dante

HOLY CRAPSNITTZ JSTEVENOSON I NEED to head shot some Chimera soon!! Please I beg of you.... Is the Beta coming soon???? Fragile Eagle Please...I need to know?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:

Fuck i forgot to buy it when BigW had it on sale for $40, whoops.

If i dont play R1 before R2 am i going to actually miss out on anything apart from story?

Slamo

I'm getting married this Saturday and going on my honeymoon for two weeks. No Beta for me.

I think I'm gonna make a thread about what should I do. :lol

Llyranor

While you'll wallowing in self-pity during your honeymoon, we'll be savoring the Resistance 2 beta.

(have a nice wedding anyway!)

Fersis

Slamo said:
I'm getting married this Saturday and going on my honeymoon for two weeks. No Beta for me.

Damn ,how i hate those 'I have sex' kind of post, come man ! you know youre cool ,stop rubbing it to my face !! :lol

Just joking dude, hope you have a nice honey moon.

I havent touched a girl in 4 years 0_o, and i ONLY like girls by the way

bj00rn_

Banned
Slamo said:

Hey pre-congrats man! I don't think you'll miss the beta :) I just came back from my honeymoon at the Maldives (Indian ocean), best vacation in my life by far. Where you going?

Oh, BTW, I can't wait for R2...

Fersis

Guled said:
so, 3 more hours then :D
mhmhm ,don get your hopes too high :(
Maybe i can wait the R2 BETA playing some R1 online ....:D

Slamo

bj00rn_ said:
Hey pre-congrats man! I don't think you'll miss the beta :) I just came back from my honeymoon at the Maldives (Indian ocean), best vacation in my life by far. Where you going?

Maldives, lol.

How was the weather? :lol

From here is gonna be like a 19 hours flight plus a small boat trip. Painful, I know.

I'm still gonna miss R2...

FirewalkR

Slamo said:
Maldives, lol.

How was the weather? :lol

From here is gonna be like a 19 hours flight plus a small boat trip. Painfull, I know.

I'm still gonna miss R2...

Marriage can wait, R2 is coming.

Parabéns ;)

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Snipes424 said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but beta codes are coming Monday, which means..................................
1 step closer to beta :)

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-214521.aspx

What? He just said you wouldn't hear anything till 11am PST at the earliest, given when we get into the office, etc. He didn't say codes were coming at 11am... good lord, read the post peoples.

Fersis

jstevenson said:
What? He just said you wouldn't hear anything till 11am PST at the earliest, given when we get into the office, etc. He didn't say codes were coming at 11am... good lord, read the post peoples.
Yeah, but the speculation is fun.
My hopes crushed. Confirmed
At least you kmow that there are a loooot of people interested on R2!Like me!
PD:Sorry for the spacing im posting from my PS3 with the DualShock 3

So I got a voucher code from Gamestop and input the code on the site, is there anything else I'll be getting, like in an email or something? Just seems like the beta might be starting soon-ish and I want to be prepped and ready.

I'm antzy in the pantzy

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Mesijs said:
So James, can you say already if you guys are going to do anything with Resistance 1 savegames?

Yes I can, and no we aren't. At most we were going to do a medal or something - but we left it out in favor of some other ones... and it's not really that special when you can just download a game save and put it on your hard drive.

btkadams

Tiduz said:
noooooooooooooooooooooo

2x november for my country, ill leave the thread early november to avoid spoilers :(
might be a good idea but i wouldnt see a problem at all if people properly spoiler tag theyre posts.

Private Hoffman said:
given jstevenson's reply...no earlier than right now.

In other words...

"soon"

but it's been "soon" for half a month.
and the fact that in qore episode 3, the start date said it was late september lol. hopefully its this week.

Fersis

Maybe Insomniac have to wait until the firmware 2.50 is released.... th servers cant hold so much awesomeness at once

Snipes424

jstevenson said:

Well I think N4G needs to reword their post then. Because it says
moderator on the official Resistance forums, has revealed that Resistance 2 Beta codes will be distributed on Monday 11:00 Pacific time.

I didn't see any funny wording myself, but I guess that is the internet for you.

Snipes424 said:
Well I think N4G needs to reword their post then. Because it says

I didn't see any funny wording myself, but I guess that is the internet for you.

If you look at the actual thread the mod makes it sound like it will be released today at 11 am PST in the first post, BUT says in the next post that he meant don't expect anything BEFORE 11 am PST.

So really we know nothing new.

Snipes424

prodystopian said:
If you look at the actual thread the mod makes it sound like it will be released today at 11 am PST in the first post, BUT says in the next post that he meant don't expect anything BEFORE 11 am PST.

So really we know nothing new.

ahh ok, well that makes sense, but N4G's article is still very misleading :p

I know they don't want to give us false dates but this delay is getting a little ridiculous. Somebody over at Insomniac really needs to fill us in on what is going on and an ETA that doesn't include the word "soon".

Fersis

I dont want to sound like a hater or anything like that, BUT the game releases on Nov. 4 , if the beta starts this week (*Crosses fingers), are they gonna have time to add some of the feedback from the BETA ?
I know that theyre gonna take a look at stats balance and stuff ,but still ....
Well.. i dont know, maybe i should punch my self for doubting in Insomniac .

Llyranor

It'll probably work as more of a demo for me than anything.

They can still take the data and implement it for a day1 patch or something, possibly.

Fersis

Llyranor said:
It'll probably work as more of a demo for me than anything.

They can still take the data and implement it for a day1 patch or something, possibly.
Probably yeah, i shouldnt doubt in Insomniac :D

Guled

Fersis said:
I dont want to sound like a hater or anything like that, BUT the game releases on Nov. 4 , if the beta starts this week (*Crosses fingers), are they gonna have time to add some of the feedback from the BETA ?
I know that theyre gonna take a look at stats balance and stuff ,but still ....
Well.. i dont know, maybe i should punch my self for doubting in Insomniac .
this beta is not for the feedback, there was a private beta for that. This is mostly for promotion of the game and getting the servers ready for day one.

Come on Jay, please give us an update on what is going on? Should we be looking for it this week or not? I have been waiting patiently since "Late September", I need my R2 fix!

Fersis

Guled said:
this beta is not for the feedback, there was a private beta for that. This is mostly for promotion of the game and getting the servers ready for day one.

I dont mean Feedback like : 'Oh plz ,the shotgunz is broken,plz fix it'
i mean more technical feedback like server stuff and balance of the reward points.

Top Bottom