• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
yaaay! :D
My download goes 103 MB without errors !
EDIT:No one knows why i dont have the background download option?

Snipes424

jstevenson said:
Correct, all private testers got in. So hopefully you can see the results of all of your feedback, and to thank you for playing our pre-alpha code. :)

Really? I was in private beta, and no code as of yet. Are those being sent out in waves as well?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
pistolpete2940 said:
qore, cmon son, why are you treating me like this???? after all we've been through
Check the playstation blog on a couple of hours or less.

Teknoman

Arrgh I have to find a gamestop that will give me Resistance 2 beta preorder access. Two so far, and neither of them have a clue what i'm talking about.

Unless that hasnt started yet.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
TheMissingLink said:
Qore annual subscriber from the first minute it was available: Check

LE preordered and paid in full from GameStop: Check

Email: Neg

Lots and lots of e-mails to send. Keep your eyes open.

Llyranor

Just to check. When you put in the code from Gamespot + PSN username/email, did you get a confirmation email? My brother says he didn't back then, and is still code-less.

xero273

Guymelef said:
I bought Qore this morning... email for me or was too late?

same here :lol :lol :lol

If it's the single episode, you get in later. I'm not sure if it too late for subscription people.

Wollan

How does that e-mail sending, redeem code system work actually.

You have Sony HQ deep underground somewhere.

I'm assuming they're keeping track of every redeem code used up to a year(?) after usage when the time comes for the number to re-enter the pool.

So...

Insomniac says they want beta spaces for 50 000 people.

They give some criteria (PSU members, MyResistance members..etc).
What file format do you store that data in? All the account e-mails and such.

Anyways, so you bring that floppy over and you feed it to whatever machine. That machine binds each account with a redeem code. Then those codes goes out the proper channels.

I'm just interested in what data format, how universal those lists are..etc going between various offices and departments. I'm guessing this was all set in stone even before PSN was switched on. I want to know stuff.

Das-J

Law of the West
jstevenson said:
Correct, all private testers got in. So hopefully you can see the results of all of your feedback, and to thank you for playing our pre-alpha code. :)

If the key we got today isn't working could that be related to being in the private test?

Snipes424

Wollan said:

I'm assuming they're keeping track of every redeem code used up to a year(?) after usage when the time comes for the number to re-enter the pool.

So...

Anyways, so you bring that floppy over and you feed it to whatever machine. That machine binds each account with a redeem code. Then those codes goes out the proper channels.

I'm just interested in what data format, how universal those lists are..etc going between various offices and departments. I'm guessing this was all set in stone even before PSN was switched on. I want to know stuff.

Yeah those are some good questions, Sadly I don't know an answer to one of them

DeadGzuz

Banned
Well I played for about 1/2 hour, my thoughts.

• Why was it 10 on 1 for vs mode? We were running around looking for something to shoot. Something is broke?
  • Co-op is just a pile of mobs in an area next to your spawn point? Like 40 of them? We lost every time, there is no scaling for smaller parties?
  • Graphics were.. muddy. Not good, colors were good, but textures were flat and the whole thing looked sub-720P.
  • Are the graphics different in MP vs SP?
  • Don't you get to hold two weapons? You spawn with one?

JB1981

DeadGzuz said:

• Why was it 10 on 1 for vs mode? We were running around looking for something to shoot. Something is broke?

dunno
  • Co-op is just a pile of mobs in an area next to your spawn point? Like 40 of them? We lost every time, there is no scaling for smaller parties?

from what i've played, pretty much.
  • Graphics were.. muddy. Not good, colors were good, but textures were flat and the whole thing looked sub-720P.

i kinda agree with some of this

judging by the new vids, fuck yes.

Zophar

ohshi
2aio9io.jpg

I had a code lying around from when I preordered earlier in the week. I finally got off my ass and put the code in and it gave me the key right away.

Those of you with the gamestop preorders, if you haven't registered on the myresistance site, do so now!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DeadGzuz said:

[*]Graphics were.. muddy. Not good, colors were good, but textures were flat and the whole thing looked sub-720P.

This was a big complaint of mine during the private beta... I mentioned it on the forums and everyone tore through me saying "IT'S A BETA!" I'm hoping I was wrong, but judging by what you say, sounds about right.

Snipes424

DeadGzuz said:

Because people left maybe? I don't know

Co-op requires you to work together, if your spec ops doesn't give people ammo, no one can shoot anyone, if your medics don't heal/revive, people die, etc... Once people figure out that everyone can't go soldiers you will start winning. At least I did in private beta.

Well from the older build I thought the game looked fine, I haven't seen the new build yet, but I don't think Insomniac went backwards with their newer build :)

yes

Well of course this had to come out the day im spending my afternoon with the gf. Now don't get me wrong gaf, gf > r2. But damn.. :lol
I think i have an extra code laying around at home, i'll probably just give it away here later (but plz don't pm asking for it now). Can't wait to try co-op mode tonite.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Got to spend a some more time with it and I'm really enjoying it. Even with all the changes it still feels like Resistance, just a lot more refined.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wollan said:

So...

You make it seem like I would know. I know there are various lists. MyRes Community VIPs, Private Beta Testers, people who redeemed a Gamestop code, people who bought Qore... we approve the templates, but there is somewhere that does the magic.

I imagine the script takes a while to run. I still have not received my code, so e-mails must still be going out.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
DeadGzuz said:

Matchmaking may still need some tweaks, hence BETA. :)

Co-op DOES scale. You obviously aren't very good yet, or more likely, have horrible medics on your team.

SP graphics will obviously look better - you have to draw a lot less.

In co-op, you only spawn with your class weapon - as you level up, you'll unlock various secondary weapons to spawn with.

Top Bottom