• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 - Hype Thread w/latest info

Ploid 3.0

jstevenson said:
You make it seem like I would know. I know there are various lists. MyRes Community VIPs, Private Beta Testers, people who redeemed a Gamestop code, people who bought Qore... we approve the templates, but there is somewhere that does the magic.

I imagine the script takes a while to run. I still have not received my code, so e-mails must still be going out.

I hope you get in the beta. For all the replies and such you deserve it the most.

(just messing around)

DeadGzuz said:
Well I played for about 1/2 hour, my thoughts.

• Why was it 10 on 1 for vs mode? We were running around looking for something to shoot. Something is broke?
  • Co-op is just a pile of mobs in an area next to your spawn point? Like 40 of them? We lost every time, there is no scaling for smaller parties?
  • Graphics were.. muddy. Not good, colors were good, but textures were flat and the whole thing looked sub-720P.
  • Are the graphics different in MP vs SP?
  • Don't you get to hold two weapons? You spawn with one?

Matchmaking in competition seems to be a bit broken atm, but join an unranked game and you will have a good balance on each team.

Co-op is definitely just that, and if you aren't willing/able to work together then your team will die. Plus, if you are respawning it probably means you were too far away from your team as they should be reviving you.

Graphics wise it looks abit better than R1 in most ways, and on par in others. The water is phenomenal and 50+ people online with explosions, gibs and projectiles everywhere all while maintaining a very solid framerate gives me good peace of mind. I think if they scale up the graphics it will definitely come at the cost of gameplay, and as it stands right now the gameplay is excellent.

I would assume the graphics will be different in SP . . . at least from the videos I have seen the textures and lighting seem to be better.

You always start with two weapons. Your loadout weapon, the magnum and a grenade. I am not quite sure how to start out with the different grenades . . . you get other weapons by picking them up off corpses. This also gives you grenades and secondary fire refills if you pick up ammo from the same weapon you are carrying.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
the_prime_mover said:
You always start with two weapons. Your loadout weapon, the magnum and a grenade. I am not quite sure how to start out with the different grenades . . . you get other weapons by picking them up off corpses. This also gives you grenades and secondary fire refills if you pick up ammo from the same weapon you are carrying.
I think the grenades you have differs with the loadout, I don't think that there's a way to switch them on your own.
Kagari said:
San Francisco level is amazing :O
Yeah it is. I love just going down to the water and blasting it with the Wraith. The ripples are amazing. :D

RoboPlato said:
I think the grenades you have differs with the loadout, I don't think that there's a way to switch them on your own.

Yeah it is. I love just going down to the water and blasting it with the Wraith. The ripples are amazing. :D

That is what I thought. Seems the carbine gets frags, the bullseye gets spikes . . . haven't gotten the air fuel grenades yet, but I tend to equip only the bullseye or carbine.

womfalcs3

Banned
Those screens in previous pages from the beta are getting me sooo hyped!

I hope I was chosen. Even if I wasn't... not too long of a wait until release. I can still hope I'm in the beta. James, tell me you remember seeing womfalcs3 in the accepted pile. :D

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
the_prime_mover said:
That is what I thought. Seems the carbine gets frags, the bullseye gets spikes . . . haven't gotten the air fuel grenades yet, but I tend to equip only the bullseye or carbine.
I think the Marksman or Fareye gives you Airfuels, I know I've gotten them a couple times.
Kagari said:
I don't get the "muddy textures" comments. Game looks AMAZING on my LCD TV.
I agree completely. I'm pretty sure if Kittonwy was still able to post right now I would have an aneurism trying to figure out what he was nitpicking about.

Sean

Banned
No email yet from my Gamestop preorder... perhaps the emails are being sent out alphabetically, my email address begins with an S.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
sorry, once again I have a gamestop voucher... where do I enter this in? It'll give me an extra key to give away.

mr_nothin

Banned
Wow that was a SUPER SMOOTH process of getting the beta.

Just went out and pre-ordered R2 at gamestop...made sure I asked for a voucher.
Got home, went to register.myresistance.net...entered my voucher code and PSN name. It took me to a screen with my Redeem code...entered it on PSN and im downloading it now.

Super smooth

Gbeav

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Wow that was a SUPER SMOOTH process of getting the beta.

Just went out and pre-ordered R2 at gamestop...made sure I asked for a voucher.
Got home, went to register.myresistance.net...entered my voucher code and PSN name. It took me to a screen with my Redeem code...entered it on PSN and im downloading it now.

Super smooth

No, super smooth would be the check in Qore downloads and you download it.

mr_nothin

Banned
Gbeav said:
No, super smooth would be the check in Qore downloads and you download it.
Sux for Qore users
:lol
Spent less, had a smoother process, and i'll be playing it before you guys.

Just run up to the store and pay $5 for a pre-order.

Doel

MUCH MUCH better than the Private beta.

Feels like Resistance now.

And my buddy who is a Qore subscriber is still waiting for his email. I assume I got in because I'm a Underground/GAP member.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
well, its 3:35 am here, still no qore code

:sadface

ill play tomorrow, maybe ill do it different this time

reg for myresistance, play a shitload of R2 and hope i get in the R3 beta :þ

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Private Hoffman said:
Anyone else getting network connection errors?

I cant join or create a game
I get those sporadically, even when creating a local co-op match. The only thing I can really do reliably is choose from unranked games.

Sean said:
No email yet from my Gamestop preorder... perhaps the emails are being sent out alphabetically, my email address begins with an S.

Haven't received a email either, this better not end up like the SOCOM beta did for me. :l

Aeon712

Crap, I was playing the Endwar demo and didnt know the store came back up :(. I'm at 25% this is taking forever I wanna join the wedge.

Also love the fact I didn't buy Qore or preorder from the devil.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Download : 0% (500 MB) .... hehehe i think that SCEI has a little bug on the progress bar GUI element :D
But at least i havent get another error or the download 'reset'

The server's down for anyone? Everytime I try to join, it kicks me back to the menu.

I just tried playing Co-op by myself, and God is that impossible.

Blu_LED said:
The server's down for anyone? Everytime I try to join, it kicks me back to the menu.

As others have responded, the servers are being rebooted at the moment. It'll be a few minutes.

xero273

Blu_LED said:

They are rebooting the servers. The post above you is a link to the post

DeadGzuz

Banned
jstevenson said:
Matchmaking may still need some tweaks, hence BETA. :)

Co-op DOES scale. You obviously aren't very good yet, or more likely, have horrible medics on your team.

SP graphics will obviously look better - you have to draw a lot less.

In co-op, you only spawn with your class weapon - as you level up, you'll unlock various secondary weapons to spawn with.

Thanks. Ya, we all sucked, but damn we were out numbered!

They ruined the Auger, OMFG I'm totally crushed :(
The shooting doesn't seem to work like in the private beta, it's too hard to actually hit people or tell when you did.
The matchmaking is waaay out of whack as well.
I'm such a sad panda right now
what have you private beta complainers done??
I'll be on more later.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/16/resistance-2-beta-begins-today/

Resistance 2 has gone gold and other stuff about beta.

2944748131_e1a8353286_o.jpg

YUM!

Top Bottom