• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Rolf NB

patsu said:
Yes, people are still using Atomizer and Wildfire for objective games. They are very powerful.

I use Bullseye, and only switch to these heavy builds if the opposite team spam them.

I love my Turret, and use it all the time. 8^)
Speaking of which, is it fair to say that marksman turrets are entirely useless in multiplayer? It's not that their bullets do too little damage or anything, but they rarely even shoot at anything. Just sit there. I tried floors, walls, ceilings, all useless.

Oni Jazar said:
How are the new ironsights Move controls post patch?

I like it way better. You're no longer looking down the sights directly when using Move/Sharpshooter, but it zooms in and you can move the reticule just like normal hip-fire. It's much, much easier to quickly zoom in and cap enemies.

I'd say it's only a little wonky with the Marksman and Deadeye...for both of them you're still getting the same scope view but your reticule moves around as you aim. It's a little off-putting because you feel like you should be aiming with the scope, but your shot goes where the reticule is.

Effect

darkwing said:
indeed, fewer people using the atomizer

Not from what I saw last night. Was trying out the PS3 version of BF3 again and figured I had some extra time before I turned in for the night so I put in R3. Every time I died the few matches I played it was from some stupid atomizer. I even tried leaving after different matches so I wouldn't be stuck with the same people. Ugh. I wanted to enjoy this multiplayer but not possible.

Many of these guns are fun to use but they are horrible in mulitplayer. Maybe if the map design was different. So glad the Auger is a berserk. Things would be even worse if that was a selectable gun. Some of the others should have been treated the exact same way though.

Rolf NB

Atomizer's secondary fire is the problem. Particularly when you have ways to refill secondary ammo (upgraded scavenger/ammo beacon). Primary fire is no worse than a shotgun. The range is pitiful.

Cornbread78

Loudninja said:
You guys that haven't play in awhile do to issues should give ti a try now, the multiplayer is fantastic.

Yes! 1.04 fixed a log of teh lag I was experiencing. There is still a Death LAg and slight frame rate drop, be the game plays much more stable now. I just wish I had more time to play....

Played around 2 hours of singleplayer with 1.04, the new Move controls for ADS at first were weird, but after getting used to them they're really good. Then I played a few online matches, almost no lag and also I used Move controls, the turning speed problem in CQC is still there but I was able to play properly with ADS and it was very decent.

DigiMish

zlatko said:
Crysis 2. It had a giant chunk of exploration and multiple ways to get through levels.

Bad Company 2 also had a great deal of reason to explore to find the various guns and such.

Far Cry 2.

I also wouldn't disqualify Deus Ex: HR. It was FPS with stealth and RPG elements, and it had a great dose of exploration to be had.

There's a bevvy of third person shooters I could mention too I suppose, but I'm guessing you want just first person shooter examples. Uncharted 2 and Gears of War 3 definitely gave me more room explore and Gears 3 even has moments where you split up so you need another play through of the section usually to see what the other player had to do when split up.

But yeah, that's some examples of games that didn't make me feel like I was marching down a very guided experience, and a dry one at that. Different strokes for different folks though. :)

Dude, all the games you list tout open non-linear environments as bullet points. Resistance 3 is a standard FPS-shooter. Just be glad it's not as linear as Call of Duty.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Rolf NB said:
Speaking of which, is it fair to say that marksman turrets are entirely useless in multiplayer? It's not that their bullets do too little damage or anything, but they rarely even shoot at anything. Just sit there. I tried floors, walls, ceilings, all useless.

I never use them in MP, but they really come in handy for campaign play sometimes.

patsu

Effect said:
Not from what I saw last night. Was trying out the PS3 version of BF3 again and figured I had some extra time before I turned in for the night so I put in R3. Every time I died the few matches I played it was from some stupid atomizer. I even tried leaving after different matches so I wouldn't be stuck with the same people. Ugh. I wanted to enjoy this multiplayer but not possible.

Many of these guns are fun to use but they are horrible in mulitplayer. Maybe if the map design was different. So glad the Auger is a berserk. Things would be even worse if that was a selectable gun. Some of the others should have been treated the exact same way though.

What gun are you using ? I usually stick to BullsEye.

I had a few of these matches this past weekend. 2 Atomizers and 1 Wildfire users. They took down the nodes within 15 seconds, probably with the help of alt-fire, nade and turrets. When things go crazy, I didn't know I was being drained from behind by Atomizer because I didn't feel the haptic feedback at all. That's when I had to switch to Wildfire to balance things out.

For lone Atomizer users, they are vulnerable to turrets, grenades and weapons with longer range. EMP grenade helps too by removing their shield if they ever put one up. But I can see people dying from random, close Atomizer encounter.

When a Atomizer shows up unexpectedly, I would lobe a suicide grenade to take both of us out. They usually come too close. ^_^

EDIT: The other way is to pick up Atomizer from dead soldiers and use 'em yourself. You have a weapon wheel anyway.

patsu

TTP said:
You can. I had the same issue but the truth is it just deletes it veeeeeery slowly for some odd reasons. Both me and a fried of mine managed to get rid of the corrupted data simply letting it go for about 30 minute.

I think you can stop and resume as well. You'll see file size reducing overtime.

Your post reminded me of something...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this slow HDD delete/update problem is related to Dark Soul's "frozen" trophy install problem last week, and the exceptionally slow trophy sync problem some users encountered too.

In my experiences, PSN has always been quick on my corporate network. That usually means the server side is ok.

test_account

XP-39C²
patsu said:
Your post reminded me of something...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this slow HDD delete/update problem is related to Dark Soul's "frozen" trophy install problem last week, and the exceptionally slow trophy sync problem some users encountered too.

In my experiences, PSN has always been quick on my corporate network. That usually means the server side is ok.
I have noticed a bit slow trophy sync, but i havnt played Dark Souls yet.

Or exactly how slow was the trophy sync for some users? For me it took about maybe 1-2 minutes.

The multiplayer is fantastic and much more improved since launch. What is everyone's take on the ending?
My god was it terrible. We followed around a character that looked like Elvis and before you know it- it's over. Very disappointing.

Rolf NB

New York on superhuman is kicking my ass. I'm calling it a night at the part with
the stalker
. Not even the checkpoint with several, before that, just one. The
dudes with rocket launchers
get me every time.
Applesauce said:
I never use them in MP, but they really come in handy for campaign play sometimes.
Yeah, I know, it's been a lifesaver many times. I just used one to clear almost an entire side of the messed up building at
downed cargo plane checkpoint +1, the area where you eventually leave by climbing over another plane's wing
. I sure would like to know if it's worth spending the 10 points to upgrade it in MP, or if it's a dud by design there, for balancing reasons.

Man, I was having some great fun in multiplayer and then the unthinkable happened, my PS3 blu-ray drive stopped working. *sigh*

The worst part is I had already sent this PS3 in once to be repaired from the YLoD. Luckily I have another one that I purchased with Killzone 3 earlier this year so I'm still in business, although I will miss my 500 GB fatty. Now I'm just waiting for the firmware update + 3 Resistance 3 patches combo...

EDIT: Plus Resistance 3 install...

QisTopTier said:
Patch fixed every issue pretty much. Made the mutator way easier to use too cause of less lag <3
Yeah I was noticing that the Marksmen felt a lot snappier as well. The multiplayer in this game is great when it's running well.

MrPliskin

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
Mother... the online pass.

Well, I guess I'm done with R3 multiplayer.

You can redownload it from your DL History in the PS Store.

Loudninja - Yea, the manual states oct 4th for the release date, and most news articles mentioned free maps at the same time. Can't imagine they won't be released together.

Loudninja

MrPliskin said:
You can redownload it from your DL History in the PS Store.

Loudninja - Yea, the manual states oct 4th for the release date, and most news articles mentioned free maps at the same time. Can't imagine they won't be released together.
Yeah that is right forgot about that.

Loudninja said:
You guys that haven't play in awhile do to issues should give ti a try now, the multiplayer is fantastic.

yep, I play every night, even with the huge arsenal of weapons and selection of perks the gunplay is 100x better and more satisfying than that stuff they call 'shooter' in Uncharted 3. Resistance 3 is awesome.

Corto

The_Darkest_Red said:
Man, I was having some great fun in multiplayer and then the unthinkable happened, my PS3 blu-ray drive stopped working. *sigh*

The worst part is I had already sent this PS3 in once to be repaired from the YLoD. Luckily I have another one that I purchased with Killzone 3 earlier this year so I'm still in business, although I will miss my 500 GB fatty. Now I'm just waiting for the firmware update + 3 Resistance 3 patches combo...

EDIT: Plus Resistance 3 install...

Maybe a replacement of the lens could save it still? Or is it the whole BD unit?

Loudninja

sara_is_anxious said:
yep, I play every night, even with the huge arsenal of weapons and selection of perks the gunplay is 100x better and more satisfying than that stuff they call 'shooter' in Uncharted 3. Resistance 3 is awesome.
No no, none of that in here please.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yay, I finally unlocked the Chimera Dummy skin from MyResistance. Too bad I'm without my PS3 indefinitely while I'm apartment searching so I can't try it or the new patch out. :(

Pikma

Banned
Loudninja said:

That sounds like good news to me! I might come back to it tomorrow then :D

The MP in this game is so much better now than when it launched. I played for 2 hours or so last night and everything was smooth and extremely enjoyable.

Loudninja

The_Darkest_Red said:
The MP in this game is so much better now than when it launched. I played for 2 hours or so last night and everything was smooth and extremely enjoyable.
Yeah it really plays well now.

Pikma said:
That sounds like good news to me! I might come back to it tomorrow then :D
Yeah give it a try. :)

MrPliskin

Banned
I think the maps will be built into 1.05, from what I'm hearing on IG.com. If that's the case, it should be a pretty beefy patch (size wise).

Edit: Correction. Both the DLC and Maps have been pushed back. Tim Salvitti from IG:

Vitti said:
The Survival Pack will unfortunately not come out today. We have pushed it back in order to make the fixes to the main game. We are hopeful it should be out next week, but we are not confirming any dates yet.

The 2 free maps will also not be out until around the time of the next patch.

Sorry about that.

Edit 2: On the plus side, the new maps will be rolled into patch 1.05, which means everyone will have them (and we'll see them lots!).

So like.... WTF!?

I play for the first time in 2 or so weeks and.... the game is fun? Not sure if its the patch, uc3 sucking or both but I likey. Increased autoaim or something? Because I was playing as if I've always been playing. Maybe shitcharted conditioned me...

test_account

XP-39C²
The multiplayer has definitely become more fun for me as well. I sometimes wish that there was a bit less health though, and the Wild Fire weapon can sometimes be annoying, but other than that i think it is fine =)

Top Bottom