• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

test_account

XP-39C²
MrPliskin said:
Word of advice: Don't engage with people who spam tour inbox with messages like "get raped" or "bullseye noob" and certainly don't tell the they suck without turrets. Apparently me purchasing an M rated game and replying with "get a fucking life" gets ME suspended from PSN. Bravo, Sony.
It isnt really game related if it is a XMB/PSN message. But yeah, i know about similar messages like that, it is really annoying. The best thing to do is just to just ignore it (which i think isnt always easy) or click the triangle button on those messages and chose "file grief report" (or something like that). Did you get permabanned by the way or just for a period of time?

Cornbread78

MrPliskin said:
I'm not worried about it. What happened happened. I engaged with some really pathetic people who reported me when I replied to him. It's just unfortunate that I got that I got banned for telling someone to get a life after a lot of vocal insults.

Edit: forgivemypost... Been drinking all night....fml.

Time to start leveling up that secondary account.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well got my 82nd platinum, and I'm done with this game

331ddop.jpg

The MP is still broken, 1 month and even after 3-4+ patches the game is still a lag fest and a half

Also a HUGE FUCK YOU to Insomniac Games, it took me FUCKING 1 hour and 5 minutes to DELETE 2.1GB of game data, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!
Really!?!, fucking FALLOUT 3, installed almost 8GB's worth of fucking data, I press delete, a minutes and some seconds later, completely vanished, fucking infuriating

Massa

GraveRobberX said:
Also a HUGE FUCK YOU to Insomniac Games, it took me FUCKING 1 hour and 5 minutes to DELETE 2.1GB of game data, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!
Really!?!, fucking FALLOUT 3, installed almost 8GB's worth of fucking data, I press delete, a minutes and some seconds later, completely vanished, fucking infuriating

That's a bug in the PS3 OS, not a single line of code written by Insomniac is executed when you delete Resistance 3's game data.

GrayFoxPL

patsu said:
The slow delete problem is probably a firmware bug, not Insomniac's issue.

EDIT: Beaten. :)

Yeah. I had to delete Pain for Rage and that under 2 gig shit went on and on and on. I thought the console was frozen.

GraveRobberX

Massa said:
That's a bug in the PS3 OS, not a single line of code written by Insomniac is executed when you delete Resistance 3's game data.

So IG couldn't go to Sony and help them out?

They couldn't post to the player base, "Oh hey everyone, due to a Sony OS "bug" the removal of the game data might be longer than normal, range of 30 minutes+, we just wanted to let you know"

Great job

MrPliskin

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
So IG couldn't go to Sony and help them out?

They couldn't post to the player base, "Oh hey everyone, due to a Sony OS "bug" the removal of the game data might be longer than normal, range of 30 minutes+, we just wanted to let you know"

Great job

They have, many many times, in this very thread (as well as on Insomniac Games.com, and on MyResistance.net).

Go earn more trophies.

test_account said:
It isnt really game related if it is a XMB/PSN message. But yeah, i know about similar messages like that, it is really annoying. The best thing to do is just to just ignore it (which i think isnt always easy) or click the triangle button on those messages and chose "file grief report" (or something like that). Did you get permabanned by the way or just for a period of time?

It's for a short period of time, 7 days. I honestly don't know what instance they're talking about, but the email I got today say's it was for "hate speech". I can only assume this must have been me telling someone that they suck or something.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GraveRobberX said:
To lol or not to lol. Thats the question.

(Its a PS3 OS Bug)

GraveRobberX

MrPliskin said:
They have, many many times, in this very thread (as well as on Insomniac Games.com, and on MyResistance.net).

Go earn more trophies.

It's for a short period of time, 7 days. I honestly don't know what instance they're talking about, but the email I got today say's it was for "hate speech". I can only assume this must have been me telling someone that they suck or something.

Maybe you know **GASP** it's your attitude

Seriously, you get banned from GAF for making disparaging remarks against other GAFfers who have valid points, just because somehow you have ordained yourself Insomniac Games Gatekeeper in this thread

Now you are banned from the PSN, due to you once again attacking people, because somehow you think you're always right

Get a clue, look in the mirror, no one is to blame for your actions but yourself

I come in here with a valid reason to blow off some steam, Insomniac Games isn't bulletproof, but the residential defense force assembles to take down any they deem unworthy to even look @ IG in any other way than with a smile

MrPliskin

Banned
GraveRobberX said:
Maybe you know **GASP** it's your attitude

Seriously, you get banned from GAF for making disparaging remarks against other GAFfers who have valid points, just because somehow you have ordained yourself Insomniac Games Gatekeeper in this thread

Now you are banned from the PSN, due to you once again attacking people because somehow, you think you're always right

Get a clue, look in the mirror, no one is to blame for your actions but yourself

I come in here with a valid reason to blow off some steam, Insomniac Games isn't bulletproof, but the residential defense force assembles to take down any they deem unworthy to even look @ IG in any other way than with a smile

You're the one who went banana's posting f bombs (in bold and caps) because of a system level bug, one that's outside of Insomniac's control. A 2 minute trip to google would have netted you all the necessary information to figure this out without making yourself look foolish / silly.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the matchmaking really slow, or are there just not a ton of people playing? I got into a couple matches, and it was really fun, I just hope the game will last. Did the other Resistance games have big communities?

GraveRobberX

canadian crowe said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is the matchmaking really slow, or are there just not a ton of people playing? I got into a couple matches, and it was really fun, I just hope the game will last. Did the other Resistance games have big communities?

Resistance Fall of Man was a cult hit, I played for 1.5 years straight, there's still a tight-knit community still going

Resistance 2 started out strong, but the MP Competitive portion was a chore/grind, 30 vs 30 was just a huge clusterfuck, and maps were inder-utilized, everyone met in the middle, snipers picked off prey from the sidelines for each side
Resistance 2 shined on the MP Co-Op portion of the game, 3 classes, ranks, level up, upgrades, 8 players, each class was balanced and needed the others to support it
Was almost a Diablo FPS, only thing it was lacking was LOOT!, never was built upon it, just added a superhuman difficulty, nothing else =/

Now we are @ R3, as you can see the game has it's pros and cons, but for me, as my opinion, R3 community will die out faster than RFOM will

MrPliskin

Banned
canadian crowe said:

Are you selecting "anything"?

Some of the specific play lists take a little more time to get into a game here and there. There is a community thread where GAF meets up to play online, and usually runs teams of 4 to 8.

In my experience though, matchmaking has been very fast (with the exception of Classic Hardcore).

Loudninja

@Saskbob the free maps will be included as part of patch 1.05, which will not be out for another week or two
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/122368734903009280

Ah man, so end of October I guess?

Radec

So I just played MP after a long break...

What the fuck happened to the MP?

On all 3 modes I've played earlier, the game is full of rocket launchers all over the place. It's not even fun anymore.

It's cool that it takes 2 blast to kill someone, but the reload time is so fast that you won't be able to run after taking a hit.

And did the respawn points changed? I've been respawned in the middle of the freaking map with both enemies and allies are gunning their brains out. Got killed 2 secs later.

:/

test_account

XP-39C²
What is this Classic Hardcore stuff? I dont see that choice on the matchmaking.

MrPliskin said:
Ok, good that it wasnt permanent ban at least :) Just wondering, did you send a XMB message or just talk on headset? I wonder how Sony handles the complaints about talking through headset, if they monitor all talk for a period of time as evidence or if they require like X amount of complaints on the same username before doing something.

Radec said:
So I just played MP after a long break...

What the fuck happened to the MP?

On all 3 modes I've played earlier, the game is full of rocket launchers all over the place. It's not even fun anymore.

It's cool that it takes 2 blast to kill someone, but the reload time is so fast that you won't be able to run after taking a hit.

And did the respawn points changed? I've been respawned in the middle of the freaking map with both enemies and allies are gunning their brains out. Got killed 2 secs later.

:/
Yep, the Wildfire is the last weapon that needs to be fixed. They already fixed the shotgun and Atomizer, so i hope that they fix the Wildfire as well :) Perhaps increasing the reload speed or doing less damage.

test_account said:
What is this Classic Hardcore stuff? I dont see that choice on the matchmaking.

it's the last option in the menu, it's a blank slot at the bottom of the list of game modes, hardcore stuff for hardcore players...

R3 btw one of the best games of the year, amazing campaign and very solid and fun mp, a shame it's being ignored like this.

test_account

XP-39C²
sara_is_anxious said:
it's the last option in the menu, it's a blank slot at the bottom of the list of game modes, hardcore stuff for hardcore players...

R3 btw one of the best games of the year, amazing campaign and very solid and fun mp, a shame it's being ignored like this.
Ah ok, thanks :) I was actually wondering what the blank slot was, thought it was a bug or something (i guess that it is a bug since it is missing the text though, but i didnt know that it was actually ment to be a own mode at the bottom there).

MrPliskin

Banned
test_account said:
Ok, good that it wasnt permanent ban at least :) Just wondering, did you send a XMB message or just talk on headset? I wonder how Sony handles the complaints about talking through headset, if they monitor all talk for a period of time as evidence or if they require like X amount of complaints on the same username before doing something.

Well, the only message I sent through the XMB was a response to a message I received titled "Get raped". I responded with "get good, stop using the turret :)".

It's not a huge deal, but it definitely sucks :(

Massa

MrPliskin said:
Well, the only message I sent through the XMB was a response to a message I received titled "Get raped". I responded with "get good, stop using the turret :)".

It's not a huge deal, but it definitely sucks :(

If the title of your message included the words "Get raped" (as in "Re: Get raped) it's quite possible you were auto banned. You should definitely contact Sony about it as this is ridiculous.

MrPliskin

Banned
Massa said:
If the title of your message included the words "Get raped" (as in "Re: Get raped) it's quite possible you were auto banned. You should definitely contact Sony about it as this is ridiculous.

Should have posted an update. I did contact Sony, and apparently my failure to report the action does not excuse my participation (wat). The guy on the phone said there was nothing he could do, and that he would note to have it "looked into" (which means he wanted to take his lunch break).

Even worse is that I was banned quite some time ago because I tried to reproduce an exploit in ModNation racers out of curiosity...and succeeded. So the guy told me I am a "repeat offender". Guess I better start walking on egg shells!

Beam said:
I have seen some people online playing with move. They seem to have an advantage over me. I dislike them all.

If you're talking about people with the "Move" icon next to their name, it's actually not someone using move. It's a symbol for people who have gone into Remnant mode (they've hit lvl 60 and started over, ala CoD Prestige). Terrible design choice though, since it looks EXACTLY like a move controller.

MrPliskin said:
If you're talking about people with the "Move" icon next to their name, it's actually not someone using move. It's a symbol for people who have gone into Remnant mode (they've hit lvl 60 and started over, ala CoD Prestige). Terrible design choice though, since it looks EXACTLY like a move controller.
Oh i see. That´s horrible design decision.

Cornbread78

MrPliskin said:

A few of my buddies have already done this and are already leveled up enough to do it again. People always make MOVE comments about it as well I'm only in the 30's thus far....damn.

FYI
I have not and will not unlock the Wildfire, not only are matches turnign into rocket spam, but the added screen shake and flash is a bigger pain in the butt to me. I'm getting sick of flanking a group of enemies and taking minor damage, just to get spanked by a focket spamming NOOB on the other team, (best term I could come up for the cheap, no skill tactics being used) lol. Reload time should equal 30 seconds at least so it can be demoted to a secondary weaopon for those using "Strapped" I'd agree to that comprimise..

I've been loving MP when I've gotten a chance to play, for some reason I'm doing much better in R3 than I did in R1 or R2 (K/D% wise). My squad mates pick me up quite a bit and keep it fun!

BTW i am really disappointed in the lack of enemy variety of this game. The ending was really unsatisfying.
I really wanted to see/fight Hale in the end of this game

MrPliskin

Banned
Cornbread78 said:
A few of my buddies have already done this and are already leveled up enough to do it again. People always make MOVE comments about it as well I'm only in the 30's thus far....damn.

FYI
I have not and will not unlock the Wildfire, not only are matches turnign into rocket spam, but the added screen shake and flash is a bigger pain in the butt to me. I'm getting sick of flanking a group of enemies and taking minor damage, just to get spanked by a focket spamming NOOB on the other team, (best term I could come up for the cheap, no skill tactics being used) lol. Reload time should equal 30 seconds at least so it can be demoted to a secondary weaopon for those using "Strapped" I'd agree to that comprimise..

I've been loving MP when I've gotten a chance to play, for some reason I'm doing much better in R3 than I did in R1 or R2 (K/D% wise). My squad mates pick me up quite a bit and keep it fun!

I agree that the Wildfire needs some tweaks, but most notably it needs to be made to the abilities. Wildfire should not be buffed by demolitions, first of all (nor should any weapon). Second, the Ammo Beacon is the real problem child here, as it instantly propels the Wildfire to broken-land. The recharge rate means you never have to reload, you can spam your rockets, and occasionally drop a deadly secondary fire.

Hopefully they get it figured out (as I'm sure they're looking into it).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How do you unlock the items aquired through 'myresistnace.net' ??
It says that there isnt a PSN Store in my region (Which is true because my PSN ID country is Argentina)

What does the Bloody Hell cheat do?

DigiMish

Fersis said:
It says that there isnt a PSN Store in my region (Which is true because my PSN ID country is Argentina)

You gotta play an online flash game. Then, you just link your accounts and you should get the rewards pretty soon.

MrPliskin

Banned
Fersis said:

Bloody Hell just makes enemies explode into pools of blood and gibs (sort of like the original R3 trailer showcased). Every enemies (except bosses) does this with Bloody Hell (generally it only happens to the Long Legs).

As for items on MyRes, do you get that error message when you try to link your MyRes account and PSN Account?

Rolf NB

With even the Auger only available as a killstreak, I see no way how the Wildfire can be a regular-ass loadout weapon. It really should be removed from MP and skill points refunded. Atomizer secondary+ammo beacon is bordering on broken too, but at least it has limited range.

Fersis

MrPliskin said:
Bloody Hell just makes enemies explode into pools of blood and gibs (sort of like the original R3 trailer showcased). Every enemies (except bosses) does this with Bloody Hell (generally it only happens to the Long Legs).

As for items on MyRes, do you get that error message when you try to link your MyRes account and PSN Account?
Yup. I think im screwed. =/

MrPliskin

Banned
Rolf NB said:
With even the Auger only available as a killstreak, I see no way how the Wildfire can be a regular-ass loadout weapon. It really should be removed from MP and skill points refunded. Atomizer secondary+ammo beacon is bordering on broken too, but at least it has limited range.

Ideally, they should remove the lock on feature entirely, and reduce splash damage. In addition to this, it needs to have a slower reload time.

The problem with the Ammo beacon is that it reloads a percentage of a weapons clip for a fixed period of time, meaning you never have to reload the Wildfire. I don't really know how they can tweak this, as it buffs the wildfire too much. Even for regular weapons, the Ammo beacon should not charge ammo faster than you can fire it. The Health Beacon has it right (it won't keep you alive) so the Ammo Beacon needs to be similar.

I would also recommend a slower rate of travel for rockets. Sure, it'll make the weapon almost useless, but it's a rocket launcher that you can spawn with, so it NEEDS to be almost useless with the addition of multiple perks you can use to create a tank.

Fersis - Yea, it sounds like you may be out of options :(

GraveRobberX said:

Well... you did tell a game studio to fuck off over an issue that isn't actually their fault. That makes you the dummy in this case, as I'm sure you understand.

MrPliskin

Banned
badcrumble said:
Do we know yet when the Air Fuel Grenades will be available as DLC?

I don't know if they ever will be. They might release it down the road, but it's unlikely that it'll be any time soon. Usually the retailer exclusive DLC takes a good 6+ months to hit the store for everyone.

There is some MP DLC coming out today, with more maps planned this or next week. In addition to that, there's this mysterious co-op we've heard about, we'll see how that pans out as well.

Radec said:
Chimera.

Yeah I got the Malikov.

Only the Dummy Skin left I think.

That's pretty solid man. I'm working on getting the "Soldier of Fortune" title. I'm not even CLOSE. I have like 1.5 million troops deployed, seems absurdly far away!

I was left entirely underwhelmed when it comes to this game. I have no idea, it boggles the mind, how a rushed, first attempt on the PS3 ended up being the best Resistance game.

MrPliskin

Banned
Steve McQueen said:
When will the 1.05 patch be up? Can't wait to replay this with proper Move controls.

Didn't 1.04 address the move controls? I honestly can't remember, lol.

1.05 will be out next week in all likelihood. It could hit Sony this week, but it'll ultimately depend on how fast Sony can get it through all the different regions for deployment. I'd say next week just to be safe (and not get our hopes up!).

Top Bottom