• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Multiplayer has not only become more fun and better but it's also now 100 times easier for me to dominate. I couldn't do shit before the update and now I am constantly getting 10 man kills while doing the objectives like COD-style. Now only if they would remove those damn crabthings which annoy me to no end.

Also I kinda finished Global Resistance some days ago, there's really not much to do anymore, but it was fun 'til it lasted.

MrPliskin

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
So like.... WTF!?

I play for the first time in 2 or so weeks and.... the game is fun? Not sure if its the patch, uc3 sucking or both but I likey. Increased autoaim or something? Because I was playing as if I've always been playing. Maybe shitcharted conditioned me...

Oh man, does this mean you'll play with me and boxbrosg? It'll be just like old times! TZ Clan reunite? :p

Also: Yes, there are free maps coming. They'll be rolled into the next patch. It should be a large patch, as it has two maps included. I believe this patch is due out either this week, or next week.

PetriP-TNT said:
Multiplayer has not only become more fun and better but it's also now 100 times easier for me to dominate. I couldn't do shit before the update and now I am constantly getting 10 man kills while doing the objectives like COD-style. Now only if they would remove those damn crabthings which annoy me to no end.

Also I kinda finished Global Resistance some days ago, there's really not much to do anymore, but it was fun 'til it lasted.

I believe leapers will be toned down in 1.05, from 4 to 2.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Yeah the last patch really improved the online play.
Ill jump online after dinner.

MrPliskin said:
Oh man, does this mean you'll play with me and boxbrosg? It'll be just like old times! TZ Clan reunite? :p

Also: Yes, there are free maps coming. They'll be rolled into the next patch. It should be a large patch, as it has two maps included. I believe this patch is due out either this week, or next week.

I believe leapers will be toned down in 1.05, from 4 to 2.
Strict scheduling will be hard with the little dudebro but yeah, I'll play when I can. This is the type of mp I want to keep playing. Kudos to IG.

Just watched my brother beat the game. I don't think I noticed how amazing the music was in that last room at the end when I played it. Good, strange, atmospheric stuff.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I just completed the game, all trophies except Superhuman left till 82nd platinum

The ending left a lot to be desired =/, I was like that's it?...

Also love that cool Ratchet & Clank easter egg in the Epilogue portion of the game

When we Susan washing dishes, and sees the VTOL flying down, Joe's son is playing with a Hydra Tank from the R&C series...awesome

test_account

XP-39C²
Can someone please explain to me what exactly you have to do to get the juggler trophy? I've tried like 30 times now and it seems impossible to get it.

Do i have to poison 4 enemies, then freeze 4 other enemies and then burn 4 other enemies (12 enemies in total at the same time)? Or do i have to poison, burn and freeze the same 4 enemies? Or is it enough to poison 2 enemies, freeze one and burn one? I have tried all techniques, but it simply doesnt work :(

Kinda annoying since it is basically the last trophy i need to get the platinum (i need the coop ones as well, but those are very easy to get).

MrPliskin

Banned
test_account said:
Can someone please explain to me what exactly you have to do to get the juggler trophy? I've tried like 30 times now and it seems impossible to get it.

Do i have to poison 4 enemies, then freeze 4 other enemies and then burn 4 other enemies (12 enemies in total at the same time)? Or do i have to poison, burn and freeze the same 4 enemies? Or is it enough to poison 2 enemies, freeze one and burn one? I have tried all techniques, but it simply doesnt work :(

Kinda annoying since it is basically the last trophy i need to get the platinum (i need the coop ones as well, but those are very easy to get).

It's freeze, poison, then burn 4 enemies at one time, four times.

The best area to do it is in St. Louis at the top of the warehouse (before you travel down the concrete tube thing). Just blast passed all of the grims to the top, and they'll bunch up in large numbers. You'll have to have the "All weapons" cheat.

Once they bunch up, freeze all of them. Wait for them to thaw first (the ice falls off, they'll still be white from frost) and THEN poison them and set them on fire with a molotov.

Die, rinse, repeat. Might take more than 4 tries, because it's really touchy (hard to freeze 4 enemies all the way). This should help though!

test_account

XP-39C²
MrPliskin said:

The best area to do it is in St. Louis at the top of the warehouse (before you travel down the concrete tube thing). Just blast passed all of the grims to the top, and they'll bunch up in large numbers. You'll have to have the "All weapons" cheat.

Once they bunch up, freeze all of them. Wait for them to thaw first (the ice falls off, they'll still be white from frost) and THEN poison them and set them on fire with a molotov.

Die, rinse, repeat. Might take more than 4 tries, because it's really touchy (hard to freeze 4 enemies all the way). This should help though!
Thanks! :) It helps much to know that i have to do it in that order. I checked my reward stats and it says that i have 3/4 on Juggler, does that mean that i've been able to do it 3 times? Or does it mean that i have only been able to do this to 3 enemies?

Yeah, i actually saw that guide on YouTube, that place in St. Louis that you mention, but unfortunately i dont have enough credits to buy that cheat. I have 236 and it cost 300 :/

noonche

MrPliskin said:

It's just one enemy 4 times. Ravagers are pretty easy to do it to.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
test_account said:
Yeah, i actually saw that guide on YouTube, that place in St. Louis that you mention, but unfortunately i dont have enough credits to buy that cheat. I have 236 and it cost 300 :/

Try it in New York when you drop underground with the Ravengers and Grims. This is where I got it and it's an easy spot to reload to.

test_account

XP-39C²
alske said:
It's just one enemy 4 times. Ravagers are pretty easy to do it to.
Applesauce said:
Try it in New York when you drop underground with the Ravengers and Grims. This is where I got it and it's an easy spot to reload to.
Thanks for the tips! :) I actually found a guide on this on YouTube as well, where it is to lure one of the grim (or several of them) away from that underground battle. But i did it several of times and the trophy only says 3/4. I read in this guide that one guy claimed that the trophy was glitched. It seems like it since it wont register my 4th kill. But i will try tomorrow again and then try to freeze, poison and burn the Ravengers instead.

MrPliskin

Banned
IG just announced that there are DM leader boards on R3 now (pretty cool) and that stats will be coming "soon". Based on previous comments from Vitti, I think we can expect them before next Friday, at the latest.

TrojanBlade said:
Looks like there might be co-op DLC coming for R3
Great news!

Man, if they put up something similar to the R2 online objective based co-op, I'd be willing to pay extra for that. Hell, I'd even be willing to shell out the full 60 bucks for a seperate game around that if it comes with enough variety and polish (read: enemies don't get stuck in the environment).
Lost Planet 2 had me covered for a while, but I wouldn't mind some fresh mayhem in the Resistance universe at all.

More co-op is certainly welcome. I feel this is probably the most underrated game this fall. Such a wonderful game that most of the nerd world has already decided is terrible.

RBK

Banned
Horde/Survival mode wouldn't work in Resistance IMO. It would probably be as bad as BFBC2's Onslaught mode.

Raonak

Banned
ChiefEdiri said:
Horde/Survival mode wouldn't work in Resistance IMO. It would probably be as bad as BFBC2's Onslaught mode.

I donno, with all the cool weapons it could be interesting. sheilding up team-mates with auger, or freezing enemies while allies kill them. plus might make the marksman turrets more useful.

Rolf NB

kingschiebi said:
Man, if they put up something similar to the R2 online objective based co-op, I'd be willing to pay extra for that. Hell, I'd even be willing to shell out the full 60 bucks for a seperate game around that if it comes with enough variety and polish (read: enemies don't get stuck in the environment).
Lost Planet 2 had me covered for a while, but I wouldn't mind some fresh mayhem in the Resistance universe at all.
Hells yeah. If they just ported the R2 coop to the new engine version, same classes, same levels, same weapons, same enemies, same progression, I'd pay 15$.

This week I've been a lot busy (and another playthrough of The Witcher 2 has fully-occupied me lol) but I'll be back soon for the multiplayer bitches. Good news the coop stuff, I know a few persons who played around 200-300 hours of R2 coop ONLY, if they add something similar to R3.. :head explodes:

Violater

Am really glad that you guys are still enjoying the game, hopefully when I have some freetime down the line I can hop in a few games. You all will prob be ranked all the way up there but hey that's not a prob.

MrPliskin

Banned
I'm thinking the R3 co-op stuff will be less like R3's co-op, and more like a hoard mode. You'll still select your load outs ala standard MP, but you'll face off against wave after wave of increasingly hard Chimera.

What would be fucking amazing would be running through the
STL Post Office stage with two Brawlers blasting around the map and hybrids getting romped in its path

Can't wait for an official announcement to hear what their Co-op plans are.

test_account

XP-39C²
Got my Platinum trophy today :D

kdrj9f.jpg

BeeDog

I probably will never get the Platinum since I don't have anyone to play it with. :( Oh, and Superhuman is fucking hard (though I've reached the last area in New York...).

Cornbread78

The_Darkest_Red said:
Congrats! And even more congrats for getting the R2 one...

I'll show you both of mine when I finish as well >; ) LOL

BeeDog said:
I probably will never get the Platinum since I don't have anyone to play it with. :( Oh, and Superhuman is fucking hard (though I've reached the last area in New York...).

When do you play? I play for a couple hours on Tuesday night, Friday- night late and Sat. night as well (all EST). There was nobody in the GAF chatroom on Tuesday night, or even last weekend for that matter, I keep looking out though. I think I cleared a couple people last weekend off my PSN, so add me and I'll have you jump into some MP parties with some of my friends (they have over a 90-95% w/l ratio), or we can work on the co-opp trophies.

BeeDog

Cornbread78 said:
I'll show you both of mine when I finish as well >; ) LOL

When do you play? I play for a couple hours on Tuesday night, Friday- night late and Sat. night as well (all EST). There was nobody in the GAF chatroom on Tuesday night, or even last weekend for that matter, I keep looking out though. I think I cleared a couple people last weekend off my PSN, so add me and I'll have you jump into some MP parties, or we can work on the co-opp trophies.

Sure thing, thanks for the offer. Since I aim to dedicate my gaming time tomorrow on Dark Souls, we might try to hook up a game on Saturday then!

test_account

XP-39C²
The_Darkest_Red said:
Congrats! And even more congrats for getting the R2 one...
Thanks! :) The R2 platinum was my first platinum trophy.

BeeDog said:
I used 2 controllers locally for the coop trophies =)

MrPliskin said:
Niiiiice! Where'd you read this?

It was on Playstation.com dev chat. But they aren't allowed to talk about it yet. But the hint gives it away that there will be some sort of co-op coming

Co-op is always good :)

MrPliskin

Banned
Word of advice: Don't engage with people who spam tour inbox with messages like "get raped" or "bullseye noob" and certainly don't tell the they suck without turrets. Apparently me purchasing an M rated game and replying with "get a fucking life" gets ME suspended from PSN. Bravo, Sony.

DireStr8s

MrPliskin said:
Word of advice: Don't engage with people who spam tour inbox with messages like "get raped" or "bullseye noob" and certainly don't tell the they suck without turrets. Apparently me purchasing an M rated game and replying with "get a fucking life" gets ME suspended from PSN. Bravo, Sony.

That's really unfair. Perhaps jstevenson could pull some strings.

Anyone ever play Conker L&R multi? If you did, you probably remember how broken,unbalanced & oftentimes outright unfair it was. Sometimes R3 feels like that, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm addicted, but, there will often be times when I spawn & look & see two turrets pumping lead & rockets at me, a giant man in a tin suit spamming cannon, yellow pulses through the floor, all brought forth upon me & my team by a Remnent Move clan. Shit gets CRAZZY

Darkatomz

MrPliskin said:
wat

Anyways, I might be making an unexpected revisit to R3 for a while. My shit in UC3 was reset, and I'm not really sure I want to go back right now...

TEH-CJ

Banned
Makes me a sad pander that this game didn't have large scale battle of chicago. or shed some light on the pure chimera, or where the chimera originated from.

it feels like such a different game. just with a resistance skin on it. :(

MrPliskin

Banned
nickslicl said:
That's really unfair. Perhaps jstevenson could pull some strings.

Anyone ever play Conker L&R multi? If you did, you probably remember how broken,unbalanced & oftentimes outright unfair it was. Sometimes R3 feels like that, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm addicted, but, there will often be times when I spawn & look & see two turrets pumping lead & rockets at me, a giant man in a tin suit spamming cannon, yellow pulses through the floor, all brought forth upon me & my team by a Remnent Move clan. Shit gets CRAZZY
I'm not worried about it. What happened happened. I engaged with some really pathetic people who reported me when I replied to him. It's just unfortunate that I got that I got banned for telling someone to get a life after a lot of vocal insults.

Edit: forgivemypost... Been drinking all night....fml.

Rolf NB

MrPliskin said:
Never reply to grief messages. Report, block, walk away.

When will you be back?

BeeDog

The last couple of levels
(inside the terraformer)
was surprisingly painless and far, far easier than pretty much anything before. Perhaps because I started abusing the Auger and the secondaries of many of the weapons. Superhuman trophy GET!

Corto

I'm still at midway the campaign, but damn! Damn! Damn! I finish every game session with sweaty palms and the controller completely wet. Really great tense campaign. I'll wait until I finish the SP but if this game had the co-op R2 had it would be one of my candidates to GOTY no doubt about it.

Top Bottom