• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

LEGGZZZZ

Can someone with the game post about some other maps in multiplayer? I know there are 12, but we have no idea what the others even look like/what modes there for. Guess that's not exactly a bad thing, but still, makes the wait a bit easier...

Loudninja

LEGGZZZZ said:
Can someone with the game post about some other maps in multiplayer? I know there are 12, but we have no idea what the others even look like/what modes there for. Guess that's not exactly a bad thing, but still, makes the wait a bit easier...
No, no one better not post them, they have spoliers in them because some are from the story.

dralla

Loudninja said:
No, no one better not post them, they have spoliers in them because some are from the story.
I thought all the MP maps are in Europe? The campaign is in the US, how is that possible?

Hazelhurst

Loudninja said:
Its all in the OP in the FAQ section.You still have 2 player story co-op, online and offline.
That is huge news. So this is true single-player campaign co-op through the internet?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
dralla said:
I thought all the MP maps are in Europe? The campaign is in the US, how is that possible?
Not all of them are in Europe. One of the announced ones is in Australia. They said they are international so several of them are probably based off of some of the campaign locations. Best not to post them in case of possible spoilers.

That's one of the many reasons why I play single player campaigns before multiplayer is to avoid location spoilers. Uncharted 2 had a map that spoiled the final location in the game.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Damn you guys and your R3 !! Just one more week.

Im not reading this thread just posting this and leaving. >8(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Fersis said:
Damn you guys and your R3 !! Just one more week.

Im not reading this thread just posting this and leaving. >8(
Fersis, did you get a new PSN account? I remember adding you for R2 but you haven't been on in an eternity. I distinctly remember when I was the first person you knew with the R2 beta and you PM'd me the second I booted it up to ask for impressions. You and I were the frontline against all the R2 haters in that OT.

Loudninja said:
Tomorrow for me ahhahaha :p
Same. Without the beta today is going to go so slowly. The UPS guy better come early tomorrow. Hopefully my internet won't be doing too bad tomorrow and I'll be able to download the patch in under an hour.

Loudninja

RoboPlato said:
Fersis, did you get a new PSN account? I remember adding you for R2 but you haven't been on in an eternity. I distinctly remember when I was the first person you knew with the R2 beta and you PM'd me the second I booted it up to ask for impressions. You and I were the frontline against all the R2 haters in that OT.

Same. Without the beta today is going to go so slowly. The UPS guy better come early tomorrow. Hopefully my internet won't be doing too bad tomorrow and I'll be able to download the patch in under an hour.
Yeah he change it, he is on my list as well.But I let him tell you his new PSN.

Pranay

I Hope the Game Gets Good Reviews Tommorow, After Reading the impressions, seeing trailers i feel the game deserves good rating hopefully.

And its sad that on some other threads i have seen few people dismissing the game.

Loudninja

thuway said:
It sounds excellent. In this day and age, I don't need a shooter to be "revolutionary", I just want a game with good graphics, a good story, and some nice eye candy. This sounds like it is just that.

Well done IG.
Yes sounds good, btw this is OPM PT not the US version sorry about that.

United

Banned
Hey guys, quick question... Can you turn off the hit markers in single player? I'd really appreciate it if someone could check for me!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
bobbytkc said:
I hate to say this, but Insomniac really, really burned a lot of bridges with resistance 2. There seemed to be a lot more excitement over R2 (before people actually played it) compared to R3, which is releasing soon.
I personally am not going into this day 1 after Resistance 2. I chose Dead Island instead, but will probably pick this up later if GAF feedback is good.

Loudninja

chubigans said:
I personally am not going into this day 1 after Resistance 2. I chose Dead Island instead, but will probably pick this up later if GAF feedback is good.
We have several impressions around here. :)

delta25

Banned
JB1981 said:
Too bad about the res and AA .. game would look great in HD with good AA

Yet regardless, the game is being praised for having amazing visuals despite the lack of a high resolution or proper AA....go figure eh ;)

RoboPlato said:
I probably would have gotten this if it was in the US. I want that bag.

Yeah, the bag is the reason why I want it. Looks really hot. When I was at Gamescom I received a scarf for playing the demo. Quite nice.

CIMG2065.jpg

You gotta wear on your arm....at least that´s where the Sony dude put it. Photo taken at Gamescom. And the scarf atttracted some girls
not really :(

CIMG1972.jpg

Den_John

Loudninja said:
>_> what?Never heard of Wargames before, what is it?

I'm sorry, my mistake I'ts not a new mp mode. You can search for War Games (games with objectives) which includes CTF, Breach and Chain Reaction.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I don't really care about sales usually...but I hope this game sells like it should. Seems to be getting good praise. But we all know R2 left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Oh and, uncharted 2 has the best pacing ever. RE4 had the babysitting section. Therefore it loses.

Bad_Boy said:
I don't really care about sales usually...but I hope this game sells like it should. Seems to be getting good praise. But we all know R2 left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Oh and, uncharted 2 has the best pacing ever. RE4 had the babysitting section. Therefore it loses.
this game isnt going to sell well, i can tell you that now.

JB1981 said:
Dash sounds like evade but faster. Probably really annoying with overpowered shotty

Yeah, the Rossmore was a beast in the beta even without having the ability to dash. I can only imagine what it's going to be like when people fly towards you from 30 feet away with their shotguns equipped...

Melchiah

Can anyone who has the game say whether the co-op campaign can be played with a vertically splitted screen like in RFoM?

I'll probably skip the co-op campaign altogether if horizonal split is the only option, eventhough it was one of my most wanted features. I hate being forced to play co-op with a horizontally divided screen, that makes your field of view far too narrow.

Top Bottom