• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
cjtiger300 said:
Taking your grandmother to an appointment is being nice? WTF, its your grandma, its not called being nice, its called being family.
I phrased that really poorly. I love my grandma and really enjoy having lunch with her and taking her to appointments. I just wanted the juxtaposition with dismembering Chimera.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Any official Change log for the day one patch?

RoboPlato said:
I phrased that really poorly. I love my grandma and really enjoy having lunch with her and taking her to appointments. I just wanted the juxtaposition with dismembering Chimera.

I was just giving you a hard time. Go dismember and kickass!!!!

My copy won't be shipped until September 8th, damn you americans! At least I'll have the demo today, I have my Sharpshooter right here waiting for Chimera blood..

U2NUMB said:
Every game should have 2 sided covers.. one with the BS extra logos and one with nothing just logo and art. Similar to what we as gamers have had to do ourselves. With that being said I had no idea the cover was like this. Anyone have a pic of it switched? (Stuck at work here)

Front

IMAG0092.jpg

Back

IMAG0093.jpg

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
dralla said:
does the patch do anything for single player? if not ill just skip it

I would like to know this too. If it's an MP only patch I will let it auto-download tomorrow since I want to complete campaign first.

theBishop

Banned
dark10x said:
Sounds much better than Resistance 2. Can anyone comment on the transitions between areas in R3? One of the things that always bugged me about Resistance 2 was how abruptly it bounced between different areas without providing any context.

At least in the opening hour, you're following a logical path. The setting and npc interaction is similar to the opening of Metro 2033.

So far, it's a little less heavy-handed with cinematics and narration compared to the previous games.

Applesauce said:
I would like to know this too. If it's an MP only patch I will let it auto-download tomorrow since I want to complete campaign first.
I have no idea, but it seems likely the patch is for multi-player. I haven't heard about any real issues with the single player campaign.

CozMick

Banned
The_Darkest_Red said:
Dark Souls, Rage, Arkham City, and/or Battlefield 3 not doin' it for ya?

He said good games..
i kid

Dark Soul's and BF3 for me, and for R3 I expect at least, AT LEAST 3 map packs by the end of October.

Did anyone get the Nathan Hale Best Buy pre-order bonus in Canada? I just picked mine up and nothing. I asked them about it and they had no idea even though it's right in the ad.

Hale is the whole reason I bought it at Best Buy :(

Just about to get started. Games today :/ had to download a huge patch and now I'm installing. It's the way things are but when you really want to get started and don't have much time it suuuucks.

BobTheFork said:
Just about to get started. Games today :/ had to download a huge patch and now I'm installing. It's the way things are but when you really want to get started and don't have much time it suuuucks.
Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen. So I started the download last night and just went to bed.

Anyway, I only just started the campaign and did a little multi, but it all felt like Christmas morning. Very fun game all around.

Ashes

Banned
DidntKnowJack said:
Yeah, I knew that was gonna happen. So I started the download last night and just went to bed.

Anyway, I only just started the campaign and did a little multi, but it all felt like Christmas morning. Very fun game all around.

Christmas morning?

What a lovely way to phrase a review.

*he said, plotting, to steal it for his own* :p

Why does Friday have to be near the end of the week?

Cudder

Game is really good so far, lots of fun. First level was awesome. Boat level was a tad too long though. Graphics are awesome and the story is actually pretty good. Insomniac did well with the atmosphere.

Sound design is great too.

Radec

Cudder said:
Game is really good so far, lots of fun. First level was awesome. Boat level was a tad too long though. Graphics are awesome and the story is actually pretty good. Insomniac did well with the atmosphere.

Sound design is great too.

Looks like the game is awesomely great!

Gonna pick this baby tomorrow.

Sell me on the game, someone tell me about the atmosphere and art direction. I've got 60 bucks and a somewhat strong desire to go buy this, but I need further prodding.

Zeth

I never play FPS games. How does the single player experience in this game compare to KZ3? The weapon upgrades in particular look cool to me. I know KZ could be had much cheaper but I'm just curious which one I should check out.

Played the first 3 chapters.

Loving the game so far, the shoot outs are real intense and the controls are perfect. Aiming feels great and is extremely responsive. Loving the graphics too, watercolor style I guess you could say. Looks great. Can't wait to dig in some more.

Loudninja

Zeth said:
I never play FPS games. How does the single player experience in this game compare to KZ3? The weapon upgrades in particular look cool to me. I know KZ could be had much cheaper but I'm just curious which one I should check out.
I know you cant experience much single player in a demo, but one is coming out today if you are interested.I might p;ay the demo,I already way to sick to play the full game :(

revolverjgw said:
Sell me on the game, someone tell me about the atmosphere and art direction. I've got 60 bucks and a somewhat strong desire to go buy this, but I need further prodding.

Art direction is really good, has a painting feel to it. I've never quite seen a shooter look like this before. Real easy on the eyes and great use of subtle colors.

Atmosphere so far has been tense and exciting. Shootouts are real frantic but always feels like you're in control because the controls are extremely responsive and the aiming feels wonderful.

Heavily focused on story so far and good dialogue. AI seems smart, the few people that have fought alongside me have been helpful and the chimera are pretty good at sneaking around and flanking.

If you can afford to spend the money and somewhat enjoyed the first 2 games I'd pick this one up. So far it seems the best one yet in the series.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Network pass not activated yet, BUUUU. Give me some netlovin'.

EDIT: Just noticed that there are demos on the disc for KZ3/3D, Motostorm and infamous 2 accessible from XMB. Has any other game offered this? At least this is a convenient way to quickly test them, unless they require installing.

Ashes1396 said:
What difficulty are you playing at?

Easy.

I always play games on easy first so I can just focus on the story and can relax and enjoy the game. Afterwards, if I really enjoy the experience I go through on normal and hard.

With R3 though it seems pretty simple on easy so I may have to kick it up a notch.

Ploid 3.0

Just watched a video review. The game looks amazing. Well done Insomniac.

Ok now to the real deal. I was a huge fan of co op in resistance 2. Insomniac hinted at something partially taking it's place but it won't be the good co op mode from resistance 2. So what is in this for multiplayer? Are there classes in it? Leveling up? Anything there to half scratch the R2 Co-op itch?

gibration

dralla said:
I think if you played in the beta you get Hale anyway
Not the same skin. BestBuy gives you an exclusive infected Hale skin and a taunt. I hope I get it because that is also the only reason I pre-ordered at BestBuy.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
It's very rare for me to start a game on hard but I might just give it a try for R3, hopefully there are no steep difficulty curves.

Most people on here starting on hard?

Ploid 3.0 said:

Ok now to the real deal. I was a huge fan of co op in resistance 2. Insomniac hinted at something partially taking it's place but it won't be the good co op mode from resistance 2. So what is in this for multiplayer? Are there classes in it? Leveling up? Anything there to half scratch the R2 Co-op itch?

As far as I know there is no co-op mode like R2, a shame because I love playing that. There is a co-op campaign though that can be played online or split screen, and for MP there's capture the flag and whatnot, I guess that could be looked at as co-op but there aren't any modes like the one featured in R2.

from the booklet:

Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Chain Reaction
Capture the Flag
Breach

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loudninja said:
I know you cant experience much single player in a demo, but one is coming out today if you are interested.I might p;ay the demo,I already way to sick to play the full game :(
Get well soon, Loudninja. After the awesome job you did on this OT you deserve to experience the game when you're at your best.

gibration said:
Not the same skin. BestBuy gives you an exclusive infected Hale skin and a taunt. I hope I get it because that is also the only reason I pre-ordered at BestBuy.

I saw a guy with a Hale skin in a the first match I just played, not sure if it was the beta one or the infected, but it was awesome and I want it. Hale is awesome.

Too bad Best Buy screwed me. :(

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Y2Kev said:
Js, can you change difficulty midgame?

Was just thinking the same after I made my last post, if I start on hard and get stuck will be nice to know if you can drop it down a notch.

Massa

Ploid 3.0 said:

They designed the competitive multiplayer to feel a bit more like the coop in R2, with smaller teams that work together and use abilities to support each other (you can deploy health and ammo regen for your teammates, for example). Still, it's a competitive mode.

There's also 2 player coop for the campaign, which you can play in split screen or online.

Top Bottom