• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Loudninja

RoboPlato said:
Get well soon, Loudninja. After the awesome job you did on this OT you deserve to experience the game when you're at your best.
Thanks man I be fine!

Day one patch details:
Single Player Campaign Known Issues:
-
Wardens
will clip through the sides of the
train
as they are jumping aboard

Campaign Co-Op Known Issues
- Some syncing issues (rubber banding and stuttering in online coop)(Much of this is fixed though one or two bugs here remain)
- Authority player does not see certain intels already unlocked in game when playing with someone who has nothing unlocked (Most fixed)
- In
Mine Town Train
, the non-authority player will load off the train when authority player quickly selects and loads into a checkpoint.
-
In Mine Town Train
, the non-authoring players spawns outside the train when loading into MTT for the first time after installing.
- A progression stopper can occur when
Lester
does not hand the Marksman to the players before entering the Junkyard.
-
Charlie
will not progress from the
Palace
checkpoint if player runs ahead of him all the way through from the start of the
CHASE checkpoint.
- Custom control layout names will chance into text strings after installing the gold patch.

Multiplayer Known Issues
- Crash when using voice chat in staging.
- Matchmaking Fix
- Sometimes first around of game will immediately end in a draw, the second round will continue without problems.
- General Lag / matchmaking issues will continue to be addressed with server optimizations, though you should generally have a clean experience.

NEXT PATCH FIXES : TBD

Campaign Co-Op Known Issues
- Some helpdesk message prompts will stay on screen till the end of the level.
- Screen distortion effects at the start of
MEET_SALLY
checkpoint stays on the non-authority player’s screen indefinitely.
- A shield drone can get stuck in different areas.
- Players will appear under the ground when warping the other player sover the fence at the start of the
chase sequence
http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/0...-1-patch-detailed-next-patch-already-planned/

No big spoliers or anything just want to be careful.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey loudninja remember that you promised me to play the CoOp campaign!! :3

My first run will be in Normal difficulty. Then we can try the CoOp in Hard.

Grisby

Rent get! I think I was the first person too so I guess I'll be using the online code. Excited because of the reviews and positive impressions.

Loudninja

Fersis said:
Hey loudninja remember that you promised me to play the CoOp campaign!! :3

My first run will be in Normal difficulty. Then we can try the CoOp.
Yep I didn't forget ;P

2 free maps coming:
We also announced our DLC for October-the Survival Pack that comes w/ skins and a new MP Game mode. We have 2 new free maps (via patch) too!
http://twitter.com/#!/insomniacgames/status/111115400594456576

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, the day 1 patch seems like it fixes a ton of stuff. I guess I will go ahead and download it before I play, even though it probably will take an hour or more on my connection.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not sure I am on board the resistance train. I'd only buy for MP... I guess I'll wait to see what the Resistance vets think.

DigiMish

Meisadragon said:
You can, but you won't get the trophy I guess. I'll probably start on the highest difficulty and stick with it.

The highest difficulty (Superhuman) doesn't unlock until you beat the game once I believe.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
So new SP demo is out today then?, US store?

Can't find much info on the new demo, would of thought Insomniac would of been sending emails out.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
DigiMish said:
The highest difficulty (Superhuman) doesn't unlock until you beat the game once I believe.
Just like R2? Bummer. But oh well, I was gonna play it twice anyway. :p I'm assuming you can play on any difficulty to unlock Superhuman?

Ploid 3.0

Massa said:
They designed the competitive multiplayer to feel a bit more like the coop in R2, with smaller teams that work together and use abilities to support each other (you can deploy health and ammo regen for your teammates, for example). Still, it's a competitive mode.

There's also 2 player coop for the campaign, which you can play in split screen or online.

Oh, not sure if that would make me like playing competitive. I'd rather it the team work abilities were put into sp even if its just 2 people. I don't know how borderlands 2 is shaping up. I need to start paying attention to game news and development.

MrMephistoX

lowrider007 said:
nope, apparently that effect was very resource heavy.

Oh well, it's the little touches like that I enjoyed in RFOM: I literally spent hours just shooting out windows in that game much like I did in Halo 1 with the stellar spark effects and Crysis 1 with the tree physics. I'd rather have seen the same level of graphics with more polish and effects than a higher polygon count. Cest la vie.

JB1981

RoboPlato said:
Man, the day 1 patch seems like it fixes a ton of stuff. I guess I will go ahead and download it before I play, even though it probably will take an hour or more on my connection.
Is there a change log anywhere ?

This is the second major Sony FPS that has released with a laundry list of patches and works in progress. Seriously step up your fucking game, Sony.

U2NUMB

So how does one log into Myresistance.net without using the facebook option? Can we not just log in with our PSN info?

patsu

JB1981 said:
Is there a change log anywhere ?

This is the second major Sony FPS that has released with a laundry list of patches and works in progress. Seriously step up your fucking game, Sony.

See first post on this page.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
KennyLinder said:
Can you Game+ "Superhuman" difficulty so play with upgraded weapons?

Yes. Though you still get the weapons at the normal time in the campaign (aka, no Mutator or Cryogun to start)

newjeruse

U2NUMB said:
So how does one log into Myresistance.net without using the facebook option? Can we not just log in with our PSN info?
Ugh. Is this true? How can companies consistently get things like this wrong?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
newjeruse said:
Ugh. Is this true? How can companies consistently get things like this wrong?

because Sony hasn't gotten it done yet. We're pushing them hard to get it done, but they haven't. The goal was to have it well in advance.

U2NUMB

jstevenson said:
because Sony hasn't gotten it done yet. We're pushing them hard to get it done, but they haven't. The goal was to have it well in advance.

That works for me. I just wanted to make sure I was not missing the obvious PSN sign in. Thanks for the intel.

Is the day one patch skippable? I don't plan to play online before a few days and I don't want to wait forever before blasting some chimeras :mad:

RockmanWhore said:
Is the day one patch skippable? I don't plan to play online before a few days and I don't want to wait forever before blasting some chimeras :mad:
I'm pretty sure they always are, you just have to hit circle while it's downloading. If nothing else you could just sign off of PSN and play it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Done with my errands and my copy still hasn't arrived. I guess I'll just cosplay in some tattered clothes and make a makeshift bunker on my lawn to creep out the UPS guy for being late.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Just went down to my local BlockBuster to see if I could grab the game early and their was literary no point of sale for R3 down there at all, not even a fake pre-order box, you wouldn't even know the game was coming out, kind of sad really, the store was just full of Gears of War 3 posters and POS merchandise etc :-(

Anyway they had it out back but they said "it's not the system until the official release date bla bla bla" so no early R3 for me.

RockmanWhore said:
You can always skip updates. When it prompts you to update, just hit "O" to cancel.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just got my copy in the mail! The reversible cover looks awesome. Downloading the patch now. Should be able to play in about an hour.

Top Bottom